Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How long do you hate someone who did nothing to you?

I have a really bad reputation at my ex-school's library because my elderly aunt and I never got along and it came off to everyone else that I was mistreating her. I'm even pretty sure my aunt was bad-mouthing me to them. Everyone on the library staff hated me.

Then I moved from that school and approximately 7 years later are still working there. I was picking up my younger sibling at the school for the past two weeks and they are sort of rude to me like when I said "thank you" they replied "okay".

It's been 7 years and my reputation is still bad there despite the fact I have done nothing wrong to them. Not one thing. It was mainly conflict between my aunt and I and had my aunt told them the full story and not the extremely biased version in which I'm pretty sure she made me a hateful villain and herself a pitiful victim, they would not act this way.

by Anonymousreply 1505/16/2013

This

[quote]Then I moved from that school and approximately 7 years later are still working there.

should've been this, sorry forgot to proofread before I finished typing.

[quote]Then I moved from that school and approximately 7 years later [bold]they[/bold] are still working there.

by Anonymousreply 105/16/2013

OMG, OP, I have a new young student just like you, who obsesses herself into an ineffectual tizzy about things/people she has no control over. It is *crazymaking* for me, listening to this exact type of foolishness every day, and trying to combat that self-destructive tendency.

Dear OP, believe me when I tell you: You ate better than this. Nothing you will ever do in this life will prevent certain people from disliking you for whatever reason. You keep on this course, and you will start thinking *everyone* is talking shit about you, judging you, and disrespecting you.

What kind of life is that, where you give peripheral people such power over you, and control your mood and sense of well being?

IGNORE THEM.

by Anonymousreply 205/16/2013

OP, one of my favorite book titles (seeing as it's a library thread):

What You Think of Me is None of My Business

by Anonymousreply 405/16/2013

As long as the money keeps rolling in.

by Anonymousreply 505/16/2013

R2 is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 605/16/2013

Why is r2 an idiot?

by Anonymousreply 705/16/2013

So, you are distressed because you think the staff in the library at a school you left 7 years ago thinks poorly of you?

I hope you are parodying some thread I missed.

by Anonymousreply 805/16/2013

What other people think of you is none of your business. LIVE by this creed and you will be happier. MUCH happier.

by Anonymousreply 905/16/2013

You need to realize that the only opinion of you that is important is yours.

So someone got the wrong idea about you. Were they right in that opinion? If no, don't obsess over it. They only know about one little facett of your life and personality, they don't know the full you.

Any chance you feel guilty about the situation? Lots of time guilt manifests this way. If you have no guilt then you need to find a way to let this stuff roll off of you or you'll make yourself crazy.

Some times people will pick at you if they know it's getting to you, find a way to seem like it doesn't matter and they will likely stop.

by Anonymousreply 1005/16/2013

[quote]You need to realize that the only opinion of you that is important is yours.

I know what you're saying, but frankly, that sounds like the motto of a narcissist. You can strive to be considered decent by others without letting other people's opinions dictate your self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 1105/16/2013

I was waiting for this to twist around to be the Heath Ledger troll.

by Anonymousreply 1205/16/2013

Like when they're just genetically better than you? You hate us forever.

by Anonymousreply 1305/16/2013

I care deeply for my reputation amongst my fellow lizard people. The rest of you, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 1405/16/2013

Tb;dr

by Anonymousreply 1505/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.