Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scarlett Johannson Making Directing Debut On Truman Capote’s ‘Summer Crossing’

BREAKING: Actress Scarlett Johansson will make her helming debut on Summer Crossing, an adaptation of Truman Capote’s first novel. Aldamisa will sell international rights here at Cannes, and CAA will make the domestic distribution deal. The plot: a 17-year-old debutant opts out of her parents’ Parisian travels to foster a romance with a Jewish valet parking attendant in the middle of a 1945 summer NYC heat wave. The novel had never been published by Capote, who threw it in the trash. It fell into the hands of the apartment janitor, who hung on to it. The manuscript resurfaced at a 2004 auction, where it fell back into the right hands and was published with the blessing of Capote’s former editor. How exactly the acquired material was brought back to light will remain a mystery, because Capote was dead. His work lives on as Johansson sparked to his early prose.

“Several years ago I began working alongside the Capote estate and writer Tristine Skylar to adapt ‘Summer Crossing’, an inspired early work of Truman’s which has long captured my heart,” Johansson said. “Being able to bring this story to the screen as my full length directorial debut is a life dream and deep privilege.”

Oleg Boyko will co-finance the film along with Aldamisa. Boyko, also a producer on Frank Miller’s Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For 3D, and Aldamisa Co-Chairman Sergei Bespalov, will serve as producers on the film, along with Barry Spikings. Peter D. Graves will be exec producer and shooting will begin next year.

by Anonymousreply 1805/17/2013

Like Angelina and Madonna she will hire seven Second Director's who actually direct it.

by Anonymousreply 105/16/2013

lol you're pobably right r1

by Anonymousreply 205/16/2013

Interesting choice.

by Anonymousreply 305/16/2013

I'm still not sure it's really Capote's novel. I think the guy who says he "found" it and got it published is pulling a fast one on the literati.

by Anonymousreply 405/16/2013

What r4 said. TC is conveniently dead. What janitor ever rescued written matter that did not feature dirty pictures from any trash ever?

by Anonymousreply 505/16/2013

wouldn't he have referred to it somewhere (letters, journals, etc), and wouldn't it be obvious by the writing that it was or wasn't his

by Anonymousreply 605/16/2013

Will she direct topless?

by Anonymousreply 705/16/2013

Sounds interesting.

She's not the best actress, but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 805/16/2013

what qualifies her to do this, her tits? she hasnt been good in a movie since she was a teenager

by Anonymousreply 905/16/2013

Scar is a dumb, SLOPPY bimbo who is skating off of what's left of Woody Allen's libido. Boycott this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1005/16/2013

She got good reviews as Maggie the Cat.

by Anonymousreply 1105/16/2013

i heard mixed reviews as maggie the cat. slipping in and out of the accent, too dumb to even know it.

by Anonymousreply 1205/16/2013

and no tony nomination

by Anonymousreply 1305/17/2013

I bet her directing effort will go as well as her singing effort....remember that? Someone link to her singing at Coachella years ago with her fat legs.

by Anonymousreply 1405/17/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1505/17/2013

Lousy actress, will be a lousy director. More fun to watch paint dry than to watch anything having to do with her.

by Anonymousreply 1605/17/2013

This is the only one of his stories that I don't like in the least. It has none of his charm. I'm also dubious he wrote it. Just throwing it in the trash doesn't sound like the Capote I've read about. Anyhoo this will be a boring as hell movie although I think Scarlett is perfect for the main role.

by Anonymousreply 1705/17/2013

Johannson, a giant, person-shaped vanilla pudding on two fat legs, directs her first movie. It's a period piece and she's directing herself in the starring role.

Gee, what could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 1805/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!