Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Has anyone tried Taco Bell's new Waffle Taco?

The Taco Bell Waffle Taco is the breakfast hero America deserves.

The McGriddle can suck it because Taco Bell — the entity behind the brilliant Doritos Loco Taco enterprise — is getting into the breakfast game with a revolutionary new menu item called the Waffle Taco.

Taco Bell may have outdone itself as far as the most important meal of the day is concerned.

For just $0.89, the Waffle Taco offers a breakfast sausage patty and scrambled egg folded up in a waffle. It obviously comes with a jar of syrup that you'll be able to spill all over yourself in the car on the way to work.

Yum!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 11406/03/2013

Ugh

by Think Outside the Bunreply 105/16/2013

OK you got to be a hose frou, cus gay men dont eat that shit and talk about it.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 205/16/2013

R1 = bitch

by Think Outside the Bunreply 305/16/2013

Lots of people talk about it, R2. It's taking the Twitterverse by storm. People are posting about it on Facebook.

As reported earlier on the Daily Dish, Taco Bell's waffle taco already has fans buzzing on social media and an enviable hashtag: #itsdelicious.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 405/16/2013

And by 10 a.m. Tuesday, a steady stream of customers was coming in to order the new breakfast menu item in multiples -- four, six, 10 or more -- for a mere 89 cents each.

That’s what Louise Carson, who lives near the restaurant, said she likes to do. She has been ordering the waffle tacos in the morning, and then offers them as after-school snacks to her kids.

“I pass them out in the car during pickup time and they have a bite before we go to different sports events," she said. "It’s handy, and the price is right.”

Because the menu item is still in the testing stage, calorie counts aren't available.

The waffle taco has become a staple for her family, Carson said, because it's so affordable.

Carson says she's a fan as well.

"It’s all about convenience and a good deal," she said. "And it’s easy to pack."

She also eyed the menu above the cash registers, noting the new fruit-topped oatmeal and chocolate-chip sandwich items being touted.

"Thumbs-up" to the chain for trying new flavors, she said, adding that tacos and waffles combine "the best" of both worlds.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 505/16/2013

R4 and R5 both quoted Frous as their source.

I said gay people are not interested, of course fat house frous live for that stuff.

"good deal" bitch please, you are just to dam lazy to cook for your kids so you are feeding them fast food and calling it a "good deal".

by Think Outside the Bunreply 605/16/2013

I bet the stove in her minivan isn't working, R6.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 705/16/2013

This is exactly why America is so fat.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 805/16/2013

Until they candy coat this and deep fry it in lard, I won't eat it.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 905/16/2013

Basically just a folded Egg McMuffin in a waffle rather than an English muffin -- with a pitcher of syrup (always a good idea in the car). Nothing Mexican about it, so what's it doing at Taco Bell?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1005/16/2013

Americans are so disgusting.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1105/16/2013

R10, it's Taco Bell, not Mexican Bell, so by calling it a taco, they are good.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1205/16/2013

Who really eats that shit?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1305/16/2013

Frous?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1405/16/2013

You sound morbidly obese OP.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1505/16/2013

Jack in the Box already has a waffle sandwich with the exact ingredients. I guess the novelty of this is that they folded up the waffle.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1605/16/2013

Surely, OP is an eighteen-dollar PR whore for Taco Bell? Appatently, for an extra 20c they'll inject chicken fat direct into a vein and give you a booklet on raising your child the obesity way.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1705/16/2013

The thought of the mom giving her kids a cold egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, one that's been sitting around all day, after school turns my stomach.

Eggs don't keep that well.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1805/16/2013

PR doesn't exist at Datalounge!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 1905/16/2013

I don't understand why McDonald's got rid of the McSkillet Burrito. It's the only fast food breakfast item I really like.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 2005/16/2013

"I pass them out in the car during pickup time and they have a bite before we go to different sports events"

Sumo?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 2205/16/2013

I'm sorry. Is this some sort of food you're all talking about, from some sort of food seller? Is it something local? Because I have never been near one.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 2305/16/2013

[quote] She has been ordering the waffle tacos in the morning, and then offers them as after-school snacks to her kids.“I pass them out in the car during pickup time and they have a bite before we go to different sports events," she said. "It’s handy, and the price is right.”

This is just so tragic. Why not an apple or banana or string cheese or box of raisins or trail mix or carrots or how hard is it to smear some peanut butter or throw a slice of turkey on some bread.

She probably offers up a liter of sugar-filled Gatorade because you know sports.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 2405/16/2013

"She has been ordering the waffle tacos in the morning, and then offers them as after-school snacks to her kids.“I pass them out in the car during pickup time and they have a bite before we go to different sports events," she said. "It’s handy, and the price is right.” "

I doubt any mother has ever done or said this.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 2705/16/2013

R27: That is what made me think this whole thing was a DL spoof.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 2805/16/2013

[quote]It obviously comes with a jar of syrup

A jar? I doubt that.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 2905/16/2013

An ad:

by Think Outside the Bunreply 3005/16/2013

What they really need to do is come out with this bacon taco:

by Think Outside the Bunreply 3105/16/2013

F&F for the R25/R26 spastic unhinged misogynist troll from hell

by Think Outside the Bunreply 3205/16/2013

American is turning into a dual society of people who would seem normal in most other places in the world and an untermenschen who are just receptacles for marketing shit.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 3305/16/2013

Another nail in Americas coffin

by Think Outside the Bunreply 3505/16/2013

Take a pill, bitch.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 3705/16/2013

LOL McFraucunt

by Think Outside the Bunreply 4305/16/2013

I'm usually game, but I'll pass.

I just don't like my food piled up like that.

It's the same reason I won't try Steak n Shake skillets or Waffle House scrambles. It just looks like vomit on a plate.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 4505/16/2013

Back to the original topic...

I don't get the syrup. Many people put Tabasco or other hot sauce on their eggs. That would make more sense, given the theme of the chain.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 4805/16/2013

R48, maybe for the waffle?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 4905/16/2013

R31 Is that what heaven looks like?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5005/16/2013

Yes, R50, I think it is.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5105/16/2013

Take a midol, r52. In fact, take two.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5305/16/2013

Waffle taco? How trailer trash.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5405/16/2013

I've yet to step foot into a Taco Bell, therefore, I'm better than you.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5605/16/2013

I know... you use the drive thru.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5705/16/2013

It might not be the hero we deserve but it just might be the hero we need.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5805/17/2013

Is this even considered real food? Is there any nutritional value? I don't even believe it tastes good. Even whole wheat oatmeal cookies, especially if they're made with natural peanut butter, would be better overall.

If I really needed a quick and cheap breakfast, is the oatmeal at any of these places decent?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 5905/17/2013

It's got meat and eggs in it, why wouldn't it have nutritional value?

Oatmeal, bah.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6005/17/2013

Who eats that shit, anyway?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6105/17/2013

It's only 89 cents because it's just in a few test markets and they want a lot of people to try it. Once it gets on the menu, it won't be that cheap and Marsha will have to go back to packing snacks (and probably saving her kids from obesity) rather than buying a dozen Waffle Tacos at a time.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6305/17/2013

So interesting what you can find when you use Google.

I decided to Google "Taco Bell" and "breakfast hero" and lo and behold.....

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6405/17/2013

trolldar R3, R4, R5

advertisement

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6505/17/2013

Would someone really bother with publicity here? There are like 50 regular users on DL

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6605/17/2013

They wouldn't R66, but there are these idiot trolls in this forum who INSIST that anyone who ever posts a sarcastic thread (like this one) or a supportive thread or an "I like this" thread is some paid shill. As if companies were paying millions of people to go around and post such things on forums like this.

Please. The delusion and tin-hat conspiracy-ism of it all is laughable.

These humorless scolds have no lives.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6705/17/2013

[quote] These humorless scolds have no lives.

If you think this is funny, or "sarcastic," then the light from "no life" would take hundreds of years to get to whatever parent's basement you're living in now, toots.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6805/17/2013

The pic at R64's link makes it look even nastier. Can't imagine the mom who buys those and let's them sit out all day for her kids.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 6905/17/2013

No OP, I rarely eat at fast food places, Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's etc. The only one I think has half way edible food is Subway.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7005/17/2013

R70, I had a friend who worked at Subway... she'll never eat there again. Just sayin'.

Each place has at least one or two items that is edible and not horribly unhealthy.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7105/17/2013

R60, You can make heart-healthy oatmeal taste good by adding fruit, spices, nuts, etc.

While the egg in all breakfast sandwiches does contain protein, there's nothing else besides chemicals, poor quality fat, and artificial garbage. Even a low-fat whole-grain muffin and a piece of string cheese or some natural peanut butter would be tastier.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7205/17/2013

R64, The pic of the oatmeal with strawberries looked decent, as an emergency breakfast when travelling and lacking time. I thought the frozen waffle trend was a joke.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7305/17/2013

What is the obsession with oatmeal? I should mention that I love cream of wheat. LOL

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7405/17/2013

Eggs and waffle in one mouthful would would make me hurl.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7505/17/2013

R75, You forgot the fried hash brown patty that comes on top of the sausage. I originally thought that this whole thread was a joke. It's now all over the internet with the "nutritional info."

R74, I just thought that the pic of the oatmeal with strawberries looked OK, if I was travelling and needed a quick breakfast. I was wondering if anyone reading DL had tried it.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7705/17/2013

[quote]...some natural peanut butter would be tastier.

MURDERER!!!!!!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 7805/17/2013

I'm eating 3 Dorito™ Taco Bell™ tacos right now and then Krispy Kremes™ for dessert followed by a Coca Cola™ brand beverage.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8005/17/2013

No, R76/R79, you aren't right. You're an idiot. And your "taste" in humor is more twisted and foul than anyone else in this thead's taste in food.

You're just an asshole, who only [italic]thinks[/italic] he's funny.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8105/17/2013

(rolling eyes at R82)

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8305/17/2013

I was kidding :)

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8405/17/2013

[quote}I'm eating 3 Dorito™ Taco Bell™ tacos right now and then Krispy Kremes™ for dessert followed by a Coca Cola™ brand beverage.

Heresy! Taco Bell can only be eaten with PEPSI!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8505/17/2013

[quote]Eggs and waffle in one mouthful would would make me hurl.

Yeah, that's sort of my reaction to the McGriddle as well. I can't stand syrup or syrup flavoring on eggs.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8605/17/2013

Anyone who would eat this shit had all the taste burned out of their mouth years ago.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8805/17/2013

Taco Bells in my area do not serve breakfast.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 8905/17/2013

Just take the stick out of your ass, r82, AND

then shut the fuck up!!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 9105/17/2013

R92, most of us want you to pull the stick out of your ass. It's not just R91.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 9305/17/2013

R93, Are you DL's new psychic fraud? How do you know what most posters on DL want? Do you own DL?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 9505/17/2013

Yes, kindly take the stick out!!

Go post on some damn board that endlessly yammers on about the virtues of healthy eating and nutrition.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 9605/17/2013

Hey Bloomberg freak at r97.

What's it to you? I eat and drink whatever I damn well please.

If that gets your little panties in a wad, so be it!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 9905/17/2013

If this is a social media troll, then I want to sit in the meeting with the non-digital marketing executives while they read the community management report and related keywords. Especially the big wordgraph with 'shillcunt' in big letters. Fun for the Board.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10105/17/2013

Jesus Christ, R98/R100/R102/and like forty other posts in this thread... GIVE IT A FUCKING REST!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10305/18/2013

I think OP is the one who started a thread about Red Robin. So that means Taco Bell for breakfast and Red Robin for dinner.

Who says you can't have it all?

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10405/18/2013

I'm pleased to report that the gays love Taco Bell, just not fish tacos.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10505/18/2013

OP is obviously a Mad Men advertising troll with a new Taco Bell account.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10605/18/2013

[quote]You can make heart-healthy oatmeal taste good by adding fruit, spices, nuts, etc.

A restaurant in my town adds pecans and fresh fruit to oatmeal, then plunks a scoop of cinnamon ice cream on top of it. It's delicious.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10705/18/2013

Ooooooooh, ice cream. Why didn't I think of that? Liveninig up breakfast one bowl at a time, LOL!

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10805/18/2013

[quote]She has been ordering the waffle tacos in the morning, and then offers them as after-school snacks to her kids. “I pass them out in the car during pickup time and they have a bite before we go to different sports events," she said. "It’s handy, and the price is right.

Wait. What?

She buys these shit tacos in the morning and feeds them to her kids hours later? Aren't they cold by then? Does she reheat them? Does she refrigerate them in between? Does she just leave them in the car?

Her kids love lukewarm, hours-old fast food? Cold eggs and breakfast sausage in the afternoon?

WTF????????

by Think Outside the Bunreply 10905/18/2013

[quote] What's it to you? I eat and drink whatever I damn well please.

You are perfectly welcome to eat and drink whatever you want.

And I am perfectly FREE, as you are, to comment on these horrifyingly awful restaurants.

It constantly amazes me how often people on DL threads embrace some of the shittiest, most awful food in the world.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 11005/18/2013

R109, LOL. ROFLAO. Sure needed it this morning too. Thanks DL.

Still you forgot the cold, fried hash brown potatoes and artificial, chemical-laden syrup on top.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 11105/18/2013

There is no hash browns in it people.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 11205/18/2013

R112 has apparently eaten one of these sodium laden obesity turds.

by Think Outside the Bunreply 11305/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.