Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have they scraped plans for a third SATC film?

I was hoping we'd get a new adventure for my girl Carrie and her bffs, but I haven't heard anything lately. So what's the 411?

by Anonymousreply 5705/17/2013

The well pretty much ran dry with the second movie. If there's a God, Carrie Bradshaw and her Manolo's are gone for good.

by Anonymousreply 105/15/2013

Part three is called SATC: Assisted Living.

by Anonymousreply 205/15/2013

I hope not, R1. It's because the second movie was such a disappointment that I'd like to see a third one be made, just so the franchise can go out on a high note (or at least a higher note than the last movie).

Same for "The X-Files," because I thought their last film was a bust, too.

by Anonymousreply 305/15/2013

I thought Sarah's third event was the Belmont Stakes.

by Anonymousreply 405/15/2013

Yeah I hope they make it too. Hubris is what killed the second one. Maybe if they make a quieter, more accessible movie (like the show was in its earlier seasons), it'll be better received.

by Anonymousreply 505/15/2013

lol r4

by Anonymousreply 605/15/2013

Well, since the second movie was scraped off some shitheap, I wouldn't be surprised if they scraped the third one off too.

by Anonymousreply 705/15/2013

SJP was completely cut out of the Linda Lovelace biopic!!!!

by Anonymousreply 805/15/2013

OP, please die in a grease fire and take SATC with you.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 905/15/2013

r9=Matthew Broderick

by Anonymousreply 1005/15/2013

Last week, SJP was hinting at the possibility of a third movie. If it happens (which I doubt), they need to do it without Michael Patrick King, who managed to kill a franchise that still had a lot of good will.

by Anonymousreply 1105/15/2013

I love threads with OPs like this one.

by Anonymousreply 1205/15/2013

Well, SJP claims that there is a story "that needs to be told" so it may just happen. Why a fictional story NEEDS to be told is anyone's guess.

by Anonymousreply 1305/15/2013

fuck these white bitches

by Anonymousreply 1405/16/2013

Why doesn't Matthew leave her? We should start a kickstarter campaign to by him his own house.

by Anonymousreply 1505/16/2013

They should just have them move in together, and then redo one of the Golden Girls episodes and pad it to an hour and a half. Charlotte brings a gun into the house after they're robbed? Samantha gets a lesson that beauty is skin deep after she dates a blind guy? Newly divorced Carrie begins fucking a married gym teacher? Miranda dates Mickey Rooney?

by Anonymousreply 1605/16/2013

SJP desperately wants a third movie simply because she has no career without SATC.

Her film and TV career (GLEE guesting notwithstanding) is basically over. The big endorsements and fashion deals are over. She's well into her 40s. And SJP likes money. A lot. Even more than she likes being Carrie.

She must be pissed at the renewal of THE CARRIE DIARIES, a dumb but harmless show that makes SJP an even bigger footnote to SATC.

by Anonymousreply 1705/16/2013

thanks for that insider scoop, r17. I'm sure you know all about it. (eye roll)

I agree with the poster who said they need to pan MP King. They should have gotten rid of him after that abomination of a first movie. Why they gave him another chance is beyond me. This was a series that was so good when it was good, and in fact some of those older episodes are still fantastic, even now.

by Anonymousreply 1805/16/2013

oh lord it is the eye roll troll at r18. I hate the eye roll troll.

by Anonymousreply 1905/16/2013

"Scrapped," OP, not "scraped."

by Anonymousreply 2005/16/2013

I hope ssho! I want to sshing another hit sshong like "All the Sshingle Ladiessh"! It wassh sshuch a sshcreaming sshuccshessh the firssht time!

by Anonymousreply 2105/16/2013

SJP's face is getting too hard for film, they are going to have to put vaseline over the lens for these "ladies"

by Anonymousreply 2305/16/2013

Jason Lewis aged far worse than any of the ladies. He looks like 40 miles of bad road.

by Anonymousreply 2405/16/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2505/16/2013

That's what coke will do to you, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2605/16/2013

What the hell happened with Part II? It's as if the writers wanted revenge on SJP for some reason. Like they deliberately tried to make the worse movie they possibly could.

How do you make a movie about a show that was so NY-centric and stick half of the scenes in ABU DHABI???

Also it was completely devoid of any of the heart that made SatC semi-enjoyable. Towards the end of the series it became more of a designer label laden, name dropping puff piece but I think the movies could have been so much better if they decided to refocus on the feeling of the first three seasons of the show which are considered the best ones by most fans.

by Anonymousreply 2705/16/2013

Maybe they can scrape Kim Catrall's uterus and fashion a story from that.

by Anonymousreply 2805/16/2013

R18, why the hostility toward R17's post?

It makes sense and accurately describes the life faced by SJP and many of her contempories.

Stardom does not last at the same level forever, they just have to deal with the reality.

by Anonymousreply 2905/16/2013

They've already done it.... Menopause, the Musical.

by Anonymousreply 3005/16/2013

[quote]SJP was completely cut out of the Linda Lovelace biopic!!!!

They decided to end the movie in 1980, which was before Lovelace met Steinem.

SJP is really hated here, but I've always liked her. In everything from Square Pegs to all those movies she did before Sex and the City (LA Story, Ed Wood, First Wives Club, Hocus Pocus, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 3105/16/2013

In this economy, who really cares about these ladies? Charlotte always had money and who could care about her nanny worries? Carrie married someone with money as well; god forbid Carrie has a kid, who would be played by a purse. Miranda just needs to leave Steve behind in the shower and we can take that story from there. Samantha probably lost her job and her money so she wouldn't be able to afford to hire/marry a younger man who would just cheat on her anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3205/16/2013

What is Darren Star's role in this? What happened to him?

by Anonymousreply 3305/16/2013

They'll make another movie even if it's a prequel or re-imagination or animated version or whatever. The brand name is too valuable to leave sitting on a shelf. It must be exploited to the max, every penny wrenched out of it. It's the American way.

by Anonymousreply 3405/16/2013

r31. SJP is terrific in Ed Wood, likewise Johnnie Depp.

by Anonymousreply 3505/16/2013

Seriously? There probably will be another movie, but not in the theatres.

A feature with 4 women hovering on one side or another of menopause is just too risky. Don't forget, I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT died violently at the box office. SJP simply cannot "carry" a feature film (hee!).

I predict that the next project is in the works (drumroll)... for HBO. Where it all started. And if HBO passes, they will take it to Lifetime, or Style, or E!, or elsewhere on cable.

But it will probably happen.

by Anonymousreply 3605/16/2013

Am I the only one who enjoyed both movies?

by Anonymousreply 3705/16/2013

Darren Star made the most money of anybody from SATC. He just sold his apartment in the Trump Building on CPW for over Fourteen Million and lives in a mansion in Bel Air, a house in East Hampton and a place in Palm Springs. He's doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 3805/16/2013

r37: I did, too!

If they can make movie after movie about boring menopausal men, I don't see what the problem is with doing another SATC movie.

by Anonymousreply 3905/16/2013

Wow R24, you weren't kidding! I don't know when this picture was taken but I never would have thought it was the same person!

by Anonymousreply 4005/16/2013

They should bring Darren Starr back for the third film.

by Anonymousreply 4105/16/2013

Ooops, forgot the link

by Anonymousreply 4205/16/2013

All the ladies have moved to Cabot Cove. Their story lines revolve around their various nieces and nephews. Every once in a while they will meet for a nice early bird special at the diner or perhaps at the local beauty shop to discuss their various friends and relatives or that hot doctor, Seth Hazlett.

by Anonymousreply 4305/16/2013

[quote]Well, SJP claims that there is a story "that needs to be told" so it may just happen. Why a fictional story NEEDS to be told is anyone's guess.

Samantha's Cancer returns. Not a dry eye in the house.

by Anonymousreply 4405/16/2013

[quote]How do you make a movie about a show that was so NY-centric and stick half of the scenes in ABU DHABI???

There had to be some rich A-rabs with more money than brains backing that shitstorm, under the condition they shot a good chunk of it there. There can be no other reason.

by Anonymousreply 4505/16/2013

The second one was unnecessarily racist and homophobic. The first one was okay. I wouldn't mind a third one. But I hope they don't dumb down the movie in order to appeal to non fans of the original show. It seems the movies were made for those that didn't necessarily watch the TV show.

by Anonymousreply 4605/16/2013

On TV Guide channel they had a countdown of the top TV characters and Carrie Bradshaw was I believe #1 (or #2). I liked her in the beginning of the series but she just became so narcissistic I couldn't imagine anyone would want to be her friend.

by Anonymousreply 4705/16/2013

Nice hat.

by Anonymousreply 4805/16/2013

I think bringing the ladies back to the relationship and having one of them die is the last story that should be told. I think they need to downplay all the high fashion nonsense, it doesn't work at this stage in time. It was fine for it's day. I would like to see a story based in reality that deals with the end of a great friendship. We have all faced that in our lifetime and I think seeing these women go through it would make up for the second movie fiasco. MPK totally ruined that story. SJP was a driving force in the first movie but I'm not sure what happened the second time around.

As for her endorsements drying up, she is currently in Manila to open a high end mall to the tune of $2M. Her endorsments may be dryed up here in the US but she is adored internationally and that would be her target audience for SATC3. She is no dummy.

by Anonymousreply 4905/16/2013

SJP seems likes a decent gal. Her 2 little girls are adorable, I have seen some pics of her walking with them and she dresses them so cute. I have always liked her on talk shows, but I think Carrie got so annoying that it rubbed off on our feelings for SJP since she was so involved in the show.

by Anonymousreply 5005/16/2013

R49

" I think they need to downplay all the high fashion nonsense, it doesn't work at this stage in time."

Oh I don't know about that...

by Anonymousreply 5105/16/2013

I think SJP made a gigantic amount of money producing that show & the movies so she's not hurting...but R37 & R39 I enjoyed both movies too...I didn't like the Abu Dabi digression but I think they were trying to make some sort of "I Am Woman!" statement with the whole liberating the Arab wives thing and the oppression of women in that culture (not a racist remark, just the truth)...but I think that was kind of overreaching for SATC...it just didn't quite work but I still had a good time with the characters.

Not sure how I feel about SATC 3...who wants to see Samantha straining anymore to hold on to her beauty and youth?

It depresses me a little, like let's just let those great characters live safely in the past and not try to recapture something that is a decade gone by. Even watching the DVDs it's remarkable how dated it is, and how laughable it is to me now, unemployed a year, to spend $400 on a pair of shoes.

Oh what the hell am I babbling about?

by Anonymousreply 5205/16/2013

r51 lol...I stand corrected!

by Anonymousreply 5305/16/2013

r50 here again, also since SJP was so involved in the show I found Carrie being so irresistable to men unrealistic and made me think SJP may think too highly of herself.

by Anonymousreply 5405/16/2013

R54 Carrie was a double bagger but she had a rocking body that she liked to show off. Consider her the Michael Phelps of cable sitcom heroines.

by Anonymousreply 5505/16/2013

[quote]All the ladies have moved to Cabot Cove. Their story lines revolve around their various nieces and nephews. Every once in a while they will meet for a nice early bird special at the diner or perhaps at the local beauty shop to discuss their various friends and relatives or that hot doctor, Seth Hazlett.

Carrie [italic]IS[/italic] Jessica Fletcher

Samantha [italic]IS[/italic] Eve Simpson

Charlotte [italic]IS[/italic] Ideal Molloy

Miranda [italic]IS[/italic] Mort Metzger

by Anonymousreply 5605/17/2013

[quote]Hubris is what killed the second one. Maybe if they make a quieter, more accessible movie (like the show was in its earlier seasons), it'll be better received.

What makes you think anyone's ego got SMALLER since then?

by Anonymousreply 5705/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.