Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robin Williams' cringe-worthy return to television

And I actually like him as a dramatic actor.

by Anonymousreply 2505/17/2013

Agreed, cringe-worthy and utterly embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 105/15/2013

TV is going down the tubes

by Anonymousreply 205/15/2013

Isn't SMG reportedly a diva? Wonder how will they get along....

by Anonymousreply 305/15/2013

Was Robin Williams ever funny?

by Anonymousreply 405/15/2013

Like him as a dramatic actor?

No words

by Anonymousreply 505/15/2013

Fortunately, actors in David E. Kelley shows are never encouraged to ham it up for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 605/16/2013

Crazy Ones aka Mad Men

by Anonymousreply 705/16/2013

He actually looks good: a weathered character actor, a pleasing presence. But then, the needy hyper-schtick starts and never stops. The promo is a terrible warning.

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2013

Writing comedy FOR Robin Williams has never worked, never will work. His eyes are fabulous for dramatic roles, but that's it. Funniest man alive when unscripted.

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2013

"Funniest man alive when unscripted."

I've never understood why he is funny. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think never shutting the fuck up is "funny".

by Anonymousreply 1005/17/2013

Damn. He's back off the wagon.

by Anonymousreply 1105/17/2013

That show is going to flop, I got board just watching the YouTube clip.

Drugs aside, Robin used to be funny when he was younger. Kind of quick witted rapid fire with a little edge.

But now, its almost as if he is doing a shtick of himself in the safety zone.

I am guessing corporate suits had a hand in this failure. "robin, you cant say things like drugs are fun, lets tone it down until its boring"

by Anonymousreply 1205/17/2013

He's not funny when he's unscripted. He just keeps repeating the same stuff he did during his Live at the Met stand-up back in the 80s. Seriously, grab yourself a copy of it and hear for yourself. Aladdin, The Bird Cage, especially Good Morning Vietnam all have "ad libs" which are really just repeats of his old stand-up.

by Anonymousreply 1305/17/2013

I love when he does voices and funny accents! I NEVER know what's coming! I'm gonna go hang out at UCB!

by Anonymousreply 1405/17/2013

He's never been funny to me. Ever. Mork & Mindy? Stand up act? No & no. And he's cringeworthy in every single syrupy sappy role.

by Anonymousreply 1505/17/2013

Is he still very hairy?

by Anonymousreply 1605/17/2013

by Anonymousreply 1705/17/2013

I like SMG for some reason, she really seems to have talent. I feel like her and Reese were gunning for the same career.

by Anonymousreply 1805/17/2013

R18, SMG was much more appealing in Cruel Intentions.

by Anonymousreply 1905/17/2013

I have a little crush on Hamish Linklater. Sorry to see him involved in this, it looks awful.

I don't generally laugh when someone is annoying me. Williams is obnoxious. Always has been. He can be decent in certain dramatic roles.

by Anonymousreply 2005/17/2013

I'd much rather see this show than have to sit through "Good Morning Vietnam" one more time.

by Anonymousreply 2105/17/2013

No doubt he's a legend, but why does he keep getting work? He hasn't been funny or successful in years?

by Anonymousreply 2205/17/2013

Yawn. Never thought he was funny. Whatever he tried to do, Jonathan Winters did it better...and first.

by Anonymousreply 2305/17/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2405/17/2013

Robin Williams' career for at least the last thirty years is an impersonation of an effeminate gay man. Jumping up from his chair and manically mincing around shouting Fosse,Fosse,Fosse and the rest of his shtick. It makes my skin crawl, because you know the kinds of assholes who never get tired of that shit. It doesn't seem that he is an asshole,really,but that shit is not doing us any good!?

He was good in 24 hour photo(?),and an out there film where he creates post-mortum film tributes from video chips future humans have implanted in their retinas(?).

by Anonymousreply 2505/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!