Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Celebrity Net Worths: Jaw-Dropping Figures For Some Of The World's Biggest Stars

Take Julia Louis-Dreyfus, for example. She's a gifted comedian, no doubt, but did you know she's worth a whopping $3 billion, thanks largely to family money?

Net worth table:

by Anonymousreply 2505/17/2013

So

by Anonymousreply 105/15/2013

I think Julia $$$$ is mostly inherited.

Shocked to Ryan Seacrest worth so much. Incredible.

Little Keanu is big time too. A silly actor and big $$$$. Only in America.

by Anonymousreply 205/15/2013

If they haven't stolen it, don't bother me OP!

Dolly earned her $$... all 450 million of them.

by Anonymousreply 305/15/2013

I don't see how they could possibly get these numbers. More surprising, assuming these numbers were accurate, is the number of successful people not on the list.

by Anonymousreply 405/15/2013

Julia Louis-Dreyfus' father was a billionaire. Grandfathers were multi-millionaires, in the days when that was rare. Major generational family wealth.

Plus she made her own multi millions from Seinfeld and other successful television syndication deals. (She doesn't share in Seinfeld syndication money, but does share in DVD and other media sales.) The show has made multiple billions since going off the air.

by Anonymousreply 505/15/2013

I thought that awful, xenophobic J.K. Rowling woman was worth much, MUCH more. But only $1 billion? REALLY?

At some point, hadn't she amassed more money than the queen of England and/or was listed as the world's wealthiest, or one of the world's wealthiest women? If so, what happened?

Still, a billion dollars. Man, must be so nice.

by Anonymousreply 605/15/2013

Keanu Reeves made my jaw drop. Pretty good for a guy who can't act. Has he made a movie in a decade?

I once read that he doesn't have a home- just lives in posh hotels.

by Anonymousreply 705/17/2013

The HP list is of wealthy celebrities, but it's not *the* 24 richest celebrities, it's 24 *of the* richest celebrities.

For example, Seinfeld is worth $800M, just like Larry David, according to the source site (celebritynetworth.com), but he's not listed here where JL-D and LD are.

I was hoping Jerry's net worth was gobbled up by Jessica's appetite for expensive shit, but he's still got some money to spend.

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2013

R7

For as dumb as Keanu is, he was extremely smart when it came to the Matrix films. When he accepted the role, no one knew if it was going to be a hit or not. Instead of taking a salary, he took a cut of the Gross profits.

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2013

Surely this is the biggest dig yet at our fabulous Janbot!!! Why is not Janet Jackson at the top of this list? She's made billions from the record she had out 30 years ago that was popular and she eats like a bird, so she hardly spends any of her money!

by Anonymousreply 1005/17/2013

Seinfeld needs every dime he can get his hands on. Have you seen his "house" in the Hamptons? It's bigger than a hotel. Or a castle. Just Google it. It probably costs about $10 million a year to maintain. It's like a Buckingham Palace type arrangement where there must be apartments and servants' quarters. I bet you could live there and he'd never know it.

by Anonymousreply 1105/17/2013

[quote]I thought that awful, xenophobic J.K. Rowling woman was worth much, MUCH more.

Well this is news to me. How is she xenophobic?

by Anonymousreply 1205/17/2013

Ummm...that site is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 1305/17/2013

I didn't know J L-D was an heiress. But now that I think about it, it does sound like a super entitled name. She somehow managed to still be a very likable person.

I thought those Olsen twins were supposed to be billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 1405/17/2013

Celebrity Net worth is bullshit. They exaggerate a lot of celebrities, and underestimate others.

The Olsens are worth over a billion. Yes. They've had licensing arrangements since they were 3 yrs old. Mary Kate & Ashley had their faces plastered on lunchboxes 25yrs ago. Their fashion lines are booming and have been for years.

Jessica Simpson is worth $700 million for her fashion line, too. We know Beyoncé & Jay Z are billionaires. Gwyneth & Chris are worth hundreds of millions too. Kanye is loaded. At least until his baby momma crucifies him for at least half of what he's got. That's what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 1505/17/2013

R15

[quote]Kanye is loaded. At least until his baby momma crucifies him for at least half of what he's got. That's what she wants.

Are you joking? As if the contract she signed with him isn't very specific about the amount she'll get and for how long? Come on now.

by Anonymousreply 1605/17/2013

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 1705/17/2013

@17, along with Larry David's heirs.

by Anonymousreply 1805/17/2013

I refuse to believe Gloria Estefan has that much money.

by Anonymousreply 1905/17/2013

It seems like a strange set-up that Julia L-D, Jason Alexander, and the other one don't get Seinfeld syndication money.

by Anonymousreply 2005/17/2013

@20, I thought the same thing. I guess since Jerry and David were the creators, that's how it worked out. They were not even going to get a cut of the dvd sales. That's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2105/17/2013

Kim Kardardashian didn't sign any agreements with Kanye. Their thinking was "when" they get married they'd do all that legal stuff so Kim would be "protected." But Kim pulled a fast one with this unplanned pregnancy.

She's been all mopey and mostly hanging around LA for a reason. She has no intention of living in France or leaving the Kardashian TV show or their clothing lines, & other business interests.

We'll hear a lot of moaning from her about how close she is to her family, and how Kanye was too demanding, but she is going to find a reason to dump him, and take his money as soon as that kid is born. That baby is her ticket. She is a greedy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2205/17/2013

R22

You're kidding, right? You don't realize that their entire relationship is a contract? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 2305/17/2013

Gypsy trash.

by Anonymousreply 2405/17/2013

[quote]At some point, hadn't she amassed more money than the queen of England and/or was listed as the world's wealthiest, or one of the world's wealthiest women? If so, what happened?

I read that her wealth fell below one billion $ because of all the millions that she gives to charity. Hey, but keep hating...

by Anonymousreply 2505/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.