and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pepperidge Farm Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread

like crack cocaine

by carb facereply 4605/16/2013

Even better as French toast.

by carb facereply 105/14/2013

lightly toasted with butter

If I didn't have some willpower, I could easily eat about 8 slices.

Almost always stick with 2, but I've been known to inhale 4.

Also good right out of the bag.

by carb facereply 205/14/2013

It makes an excellent bacon sandwich when toasted & spread with cream cheese.

by carb facereply 305/14/2013

Sounds horrid

by carb facereply 405/14/2013

Their Blueberry Swirl Bread is my crack

by carb facereply 505/14/2013

High fructose corn syrup

by carb facereply 605/15/2013

That's in almost everything R6, but not every thing tastes as good as the OP bread.

I have had it, and very good. Not good for you but neither is beer, pizza, alcohol, chocolate, butter and the list goes on.

by carb facereply 705/15/2013

OP you are soooo right!!!! Fresh out of the toaster, piping hot, with butter and honey, or cinnamon....GODDAMMIT I MISS IT....I used to keep it in the freezer always, it was like a staple in my kitchen...it was the BEST late night snack when I couldn't sleep, and some mornings I would have it for breakfast with cream cheese if I was in a hurry...GODDAMMIT I MISS IT SOOO MUCH.

by carb facereply 805/15/2013

R4 must be a miserable, chain-smoking homosexual.

by carb facereply 905/15/2013

R8, unless you have celiac disease, gluten-free is way over blown as far as how "bad" it is for you.

It's like giving up eating peanuts because some people have an allergy to it.

by carb facereply 1005/15/2013

There is something about cinnamon that men respond to.

Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants that inhibit blood clotting and stabilize blood sugar, reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.

So eat up!

Pay no attention to the health trolls. In their world there would be no Artisan bread because it contains white flour, no meat because it contains fat, no dairy because it comes from an animal and no sweets because it contains gluten.

Their idea of a delicious snack is my front lawn!

by carb facereply 1105/15/2013

Ghetto food

by carb facereply 1205/15/2013

cunt-eaters anonymous

by carb facereply 1305/15/2013

R11, Girls respond to cinnamon too. OP, to reduce your cravings, how about adding cinnamon to your coffee or oatmeal?

Aren't most spices really beneficial? Many countries' cuisine is very spicy.

by carb facereply 1405/15/2013

We have Aunt Millie's - no HFCS in most of their products.

by carb facereply 1505/15/2013

I have a crazy ant too R15. Dose not mean she can bake. HFCS or High Fructose Corn Syrup is just sugar.

In fact, due to their similar structures, your body can’t tell the difference. Your body metabolizes both the same way.

You cant keep things soft like a Chocolate Ganache, or soft chewy cookies, or even bread for longer then a day without it.

Also, sugar like salt kills bacteria.

by carb facereply 1605/15/2013

Not the same, but has anyone here tried Dave's Killer Bread?

by carb facereply 1705/15/2013

HFCS effects are highly debated, R16. I decided to avoid it when there are other options after looking at the glycemic index being developed in Australia. Sodas with HFCS appear to spike blood sugar more than sodas with cane or beet sugar.

by carb facereply 1805/15/2013

Never tried that R17. But if its all about being healthy it probably dose not taste good.

As someone who has dived into baking artisan type bread from home, most commercial bread sucks by comparison.

Most bread recipes only contain flour, water and salt. Sometimes a little sugar, or oil. So making "drug" free bread is easy.

Also, if you have an aversion to white flour, you might be surprised to know whole wheat bread is 50/50 blend with white flour.

That is because white flour is unique in the amount of gluten it makes. Without it the bread has not structure. That is why you cant make 100% whole wheat bread. Unless you want a hokey puck.

True dat, the flavor of white flour bread has been the number one choice around the world for 2 thousand years.

by carb facereply 1905/15/2013

We are not talking about soda R18. A regular can of soda is about half sugar. So duh, sugar spike.

But for bread, I am sorry, you are talking maybe 1 to 2 Tbsp of corn syrup per loaf. Divide that by 20 slices its almost nothing.

You will get a higher glycemic Index rise from a baked potato without toppings.

by carb facereply 2005/15/2013

[quote]You cant keep things soft like a Chocolate Ganache, or soft chewy cookies, or even bread for longer then a day without it.

Of course you can, R16. You don't know much about baking, do you?

I use a little Lyle's Golden Syrup or some invert sugar syrup in ganache or cookies. For bread I sub 1/3 cup of potato flour for 1/3 cup of the wheat flour called for in the recipe.

by carb facereply 2105/15/2013

Another product placement thread brought to you by the makers of Empty Calories with artificial flavors and chemically altered ingredients. This time with sulfured raisins! Oh joy!

by carb facereply 2205/15/2013

No worries r22...

You sap the joy out of everything.

by carb facereply 2305/15/2013

oh my god R10 moved and seconded.

by carb facereply 2405/15/2013

Hey if you get joy being a corporate schill, at least you're doing something you love, r23. Even if you aren't very good at it.

Meanwhile, I honestly don't care what junk food people enjoy. I love chocolate, and corn chips and coffee and pizza, etc., etc. But the "spontaneous praise for Product X" schtick is beyond tired. At this point you'd think even the most stupid marketers would have figured out that it's likely to generate as much negative buzz as positive. But hey, maybe it easier than I think to fool people.

by carb facereply 2505/15/2013

[quote]Corn syrup comes from corn. Both are plants. Turns out you body dose not know the difference because chemically they are basically the same.

Regular grocery store corn syrup is not the same thing as high fructose corn syrup. If you don't want to go to your grocery store or Cost Plus to buy Lyle's, make your own invert sugar syrup (a/k/a "simple syrup") out of sugar and water. Nothing high tech about it. I always have a jar in my refrigerator and add it to many baked goods.

Potato flour does not change the structure or flavor of bread. It does give bread a longer shelf life. Potato flour is available in the Kosher section of most grocery stores and is not expensive.

Nothing I recommended requires a trip to the "specialty health food store."

I make nearly all of my own bread, including artisan loaves.

by carb facereply 2905/15/2013

You must live in a big city R29. In my neck of the woods, I am lucky if I can get the local market (VONS) to carry anything other then All-purpose flour.

When I asked the manger to order bread flour she said she never heard of it and didnt see way I just can use all-purpose.

And you want me to try and get potato flour from someone like that? Not likely.

Even a big chain, depending on where you live, they only markets only stock what they think will sell.

by carb facereply 3005/15/2013

R30, I've lived in places like that. If I were you, I would be keeping Amazon busy.

I use King Arthur and Bobs Red Mill flours and grains for nearly everything.

by carb facereply 3105/15/2013

Thanks R31, that is what I have resorted to.

I actually got them to carry King Arthur Bread Flour for a while, then they stopped. Guess I was the only one buying it. It was maybe 2 buck more then the regular brand but in this economy everyone is going for the cheapest option.

Just saying its not so easy to sub things out when they are sort of obscure.

by carb facereply 3205/15/2013

I noticed my large chain supermarket has stopped carrying King Arthur flour, probably because it cost more than the usual flours. Oddly enough, they still carry one of KAF's cake flours.

My shopping days usually consist of visiting a series of stores because none of them carry most of what I use. That's where Amazon comes in.

by carb facereply 3305/15/2013

Well R10 and R24 I guess it's a good thing I have celiac then, isn't it?! Had an endoscopic biopsy of my stomach lining and everything. For all the Marys who jump on the latest bandwagon of gluten or whatever the poison of the moment is there are some of us who actually don't eat it. And if you look, I wasn't being sanctimonious about it (unlike you), I was making a joke about how much I miss that bread.

Jesus you people are so self-righteous.

by carb facereply 3405/15/2013

Sounds like you bitches could use a nice toasted slice of Pepperidge Farm Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread, with a generous spread of full fat butter on top. And perhaps some dick thereafter. I promise you wont be so angry.

by carb facereply 3505/15/2013

R34 As if anyone but the food-hatingest, most boylimic douche bag would stop eating gluten to be a trendoid.

by carb facereply 3605/15/2013

I hear it's an insatiable bottom.

by carb facereply 3705/15/2013

I've always said the Corner Bakery Sweet Crisps (same thing taken to another level) were like crack.

by carb facereply 3805/15/2013

Lord, the food police are so tiring. It must be exhausting to go food shopping with them. Much less to a restaurant.

by carb facereply 3905/15/2013

[quote]Also, sugar like salt kills bacteria.

Huh? sugar is known to feed candida (which is actually technically a fungus) like crazy. What bacteria does it kill?

Agree that PF Raisin-Cinn bread is like crack though.

by carb facereply 4005/15/2013

I used to love that bread, OP. Then I met a guy who was a raisin inspector for the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. After that, I stopped eating anything with raisins.

by carb facereply 4105/16/2013

Some of you should be writing for Ladies Home Journal.

by carb facereply 4205/16/2013

bake your Own goddamned bread!

by carb facereply 4305/16/2013

Fuck you r43. I got better things to do with my time!

by carb facereply 4405/16/2013

Cinnamon Swirl Bread buttered with drifts of cinnamon and sugar on top. Ahh.

by carb facereply 4505/16/2013

The raisin cinnamon bread made by Sunmaid in the red bag is even better. You should try it.

by carb facereply 4605/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.