Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Seriously? A North Miami Mayoral candidate claims she has been endorsed by Jesus Christ!

Florida mayoral candidate Anna L. Pierre has received the ultimate political endorsement many only dream of; the endorsement of Jesus Christ. Pierre’s campaign posters have an image of Jesus and a message that reads “Anna Pierre, RN is endorsed by Jesus Christ.”

Pierre told the Miami Herald Jesus came to her in a dream:

"I had a revelation when I was going to give up on this race. I had a dream, I know what I saw. A figure I can’t explain told me, ‘Don’t be afraid, I am your friend. I am walking with you side by side. You are not alone.’ I felt it was from heaven. It was an endorsement by Jesus.

See her campaign poster flyers and watch her video at the link:

by Anonymousreply 2905/16/2013

Thank YOU, Jesus!!

by Anonymousreply 105/14/2013

Isn't that blasphemy?

by Anonymousreply 205/14/2013

In your dreams!

by Anonymousreply 305/14/2013

Would it be a sin not to vote for her?

by Anonymousreply 405/14/2013

If she's lying about her vision, JC should sue. Like musicians sue to stop candidates from using their songs in campaigns without permission.

by Anonymousreply 505/14/2013

How is this any different than insisting that Jesus loves you and answers your prayers or any of the other crazy shit religious people believe?

by Anonymousreply 605/14/2013

It really isn't very different.

by Anonymousreply 705/14/2013

Please don't let her be Hai... Oh who am I kidding, I knew before I clicked the link.

by Anonymousreply 805/14/2013

^LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 905/14/2013

Works for me.

by Anonymousreply 1005/14/2013

R10 beat me to it.

Santorum has been foisting this bullshit on the American public for years and nobody has ever called him on it.

by Anonymousreply 1105/14/2013

Don't forget Michelle Bachman

by Anonymousreply 1205/14/2013

After all, God told Bush to invade Iraq. These deities should have their tax exempt status revoked for participating in political campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 1305/14/2013

I'm considering seeking endorsement from the Easter Bunny and running against her.

by Anonymousreply 1405/14/2013

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 1505/14/2013

Whore

by Anonymousreply 1605/14/2013

As a few of you pointed out, as ridiculous as it sounds, it is actually not substantively different from the many instances where people claim God "told them" something, or supposedly guided them in some particular direction.

I mean, as long as God "tells" a good Christian girl who she should marry, or "tells" a guy what job he should take, or "tells" his devoted followers in Kansas to harrass abortion clinic patients and staff... exactly what is so ridiculous about him telling Anna that she has his vote for mayor of North Miami?

In all of these cases, God seems very good about "telling" people exactly what they want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 1705/14/2013

Was it Jesus who told her or the crack rock she was smoking?

by Anonymousreply 1805/14/2013

She needs a few rocks to crack her in the head for her blasphemy.

by Anonymousreply 1905/14/2013

He told me that I would be the next President of the USA, too. I'm still waiting.

by Anonymousreply 2005/14/2013

Does anyone have an accurate translation for her famous hit song, Suk Su Bon Bon (sp)? I hear it's about threatening her husband with divorce if he doesn't start putting some "sugar" on her "cookie." Exactly the kind of song Jesus Christ would encourage everyone to sing, right?

by Anonymousreply 2105/14/2013

Well then, I guess that settles that!

by Anonymousreply 2205/15/2013

Is that Jim Henson who's endorsing her, 'cause that sure as hell ain't Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 2305/15/2013

Well, she barely lost last night. The winner receives 2,254 votes. She got.....56. She fell for the joke just like Bachmann did last year. I'm sitting up here laughing my ass off.

by Anonymousreply 2405/15/2013

The scariest part is that 56 people voted for her.

I remember watching some murder mystery on "48 Hours" or some show like that, a while back. A young girl had been kidnapped and murdered and the body had not been found. The family was uber religious and felt it was all in God's hands. They finally got the guy who did it and he was convicted and sentenced to prison, but he would not reveal where her body was buried.

The daddy of the girl let it be known that one day when he was alone in church, God visited him and told him personally that he had to forgive the murderer, so that is what he was going to do. I thought, if God came to you and told you what you should do, the least you could have done was ask him where your daughter was buried. The family was bemoaning the fact that they had no "closure" and I figured that was the perfect time to get it. But, sadly, God was scheduled to make a visit to Santorum for some tea and sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 2505/15/2013

I'm actually impressed this thread hasn't veered into racist territory.

Impressed and kinda disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 2605/15/2013

According to the Miami Herald today, she was quoted as saying that "voters decided to vote for Lucifer instead of voting for Jesus Christ." Only in Miami!

by Anonymousreply 2705/16/2013

Well, technically she's right.

Didn't be pretty much endorse all of us on the planet since he decided to die for us and our sins?

by Anonymousreply 2805/16/2013

Religious. People. Are. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2905/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.