Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janet Hubert goes off again

The first Aunt Viv from the sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" has chosen The Talk co-host Aisha Tyler as her new target. Aisha mentioned the Will Smith/Janet Hubert feud on The Talk a couple of days ago, and Janet responded in kind on Aisha's Facebook page with a retort that began with "Yo, weave woman..." Here's Aisha's response.

by Anonymousreply 4306/29/2013

Gurl, please. Go sing MEMORY somewhere. You lost that understudy gig at the Winter Garden many moons ago, too.

by Anonymousreply 105/14/2013

After the successful revival of Steel Magnolias, Lifetime TV should do an all black version of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? with Janet Hubert and Victoria Rowell!

by Anonymousreply 205/14/2013

I like Darlene but why did she do this knock off of The View. I do like the look of that fierce fatty at the end but Sharon Osbourne is seriously the worst.

That was a brilliant response but she really should have left out the "gorgeous". Or maybe that was an insult in disguise cause Aunt Viv never looked like that.

by Anonymousreply 305/14/2013

[quote] I like Darlene but why did she do this knock off of The View.

She created the show

by Anonymousreply 405/14/2013

She WAS the best Aunt Viv and her rage is justifiable.

by Anonymousreply 505/14/2013

Sad... Hubert's known Aisha since Aisha was what... 12 or 13 yrs old?

by Anonymousreply 605/14/2013

Yes R4 that's what I meant, it seems odd she came up with this out of nowhere after a seemingly long hiatus. Is it any good or different than The View?

It seems lighter and maybe more relaxed I suppose and more like the UK adaptation of The View called Loose Women.

by Anonymousreply 705/14/2013

I have to say, I hated this and thought it was a bad ripoff of the View when it first came out, but the last few times I've seen a clip it's been very funny.

Sheryl - the big girl at the end - is a riot.

And they did pay homage to Jeanne Cooper when she died...that gets some respect in my book.

by Anonymousreply 805/14/2013

Oh wait.... I was thinking of the girl who played her daughter. My mistake.

Sheryl looks so familiar. Who does she remind me of? For a minute, I thought Weezie from the Jefferson's, but I don't think that's it.

by Anonymousreply 905/14/2013

I loved how Sheryl called Janet Hubert "weak-assed" or something of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 1005/14/2013

That was Tatiana Ali, r9.

by Anonymousreply 1105/14/2013

Will Smith is a dick.

by Anonymousreply 1205/14/2013

i hope she keeps bringing the crazy, who will she attack next?

by Anonymousreply 1305/14/2013

I understand what it's like to be pissed off at former co-workers, but seriously, it's been almost 20 years. It's time to LET IT GO!

by Anonymousreply 1405/14/2013

Wonder what Janet knows about Aisha? Seems like she knows something and that part was sort of brushed over.

by Anonymousreply 1505/15/2013

Sara's original concept for the show was more of a mommy support group and focused much more on parenting issues. By the time it hit the air it had been tweaked into the pleasant version of The View we see today.

I think the current cast has a nice chemistry and the show has settled in nicely after a shaky start. I'd much rather watch an entire hour of The Talk than ninety seconds of The View these days.

by Anonymousreply 1605/15/2013

I do miss Holly and Leah though. There was supposedly some drama with how they were ousted (i.e., Mrs. NBC aka Julie Chen didn't care for them).

Sheryl Underwood is probably most known as the comedienne who always held a pocket book during her act, as she was shown very often on BET back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 1705/15/2013

I meant Mrs. CBS about The Chenbot.

by Anonymousreply 1905/15/2013

Julie Chen = Dragon Lady.

by Anonymousreply 2005/15/2013

Here's Janet hosting a forum on black culture with four people in what looks like a neighborhood community center. I wonder if she had guns pointed at these people.

Maybe someone can watch and tell me if it's any good.

by Anonymousreply 2105/15/2013

Has Janet weighed in on Wayne Brady's level of blackness yet?

by Anonymousreply 2205/15/2013

[quote]She WAS the best Aunt Viv and her rage is justifiable.

And why especially is her rage STILL justifiable 20 years later?

by Anonymousreply 2305/15/2013

[quote]Has Janet weighed in on Wayne Brady's level of blackness yet?

by Anonymousreply 2405/15/2013

Ahhh, thank you r17.

I knew I recognized Sheryl from same place. She could be pretty funny. And, not to be too rude, but she has gained a good bit of weight.

But, back in the day, those comedy BET shows were a fucking riot. Always stopped channel surfing when I came across one. Hell, Wanda Sykes used to double me over with laughter, but these days she puts me to sleep.

Funniest joke Wanda ever told.....

Why do women fake orgasms? It's called time Management. You catch a glimpse at the clock. It's 1 am. You have to be up a 6. He's working hard, but you know it ain't gonna happen. So,.... and Wanda starts to moan. IT'S CALLED TIME MANAGEMENT.

Hysterical with the sound effects. I'm off to see if I can find it on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 2505/15/2013

context 1:00 mark... and it's pretty funny.

actual joke 3:30

by Anonymousreply 2605/15/2013

sheryl in her slimmer days

by Anonymousreply 2705/15/2013

Did anyone else on Fresh Prince not get along with Smith?

by Anonymousreply 2805/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 2905/18/2013

I bet when he became a movie star circa Bad Boys Smith was insufferable.

I loved how he tried to make Tatiana Ali happen as a singer. She seems nice though.

by Anonymousreply 3005/18/2013

[quote]Sheryl looks so familiar. Who does she remind me of? For a minute, I thought Weezie from the Jefferson's, but I don't think that's it.

I thought it was Regina King and was like, "Damn, girlfriend got fat!"

by Anonymousreply 3105/18/2013

T.Ali had one song I liked. For the love of me, I don't remember a thing about it now.

by Anonymousreply 3205/18/2013

Tatiana had a song called "Daydreamin'" which was okay, but I really liked this one...

by Anonymousreply 3305/18/2013

Tatiana Ali dated Jonathan Brandis for several years in the mid-nineties. I remember reading my sister Teen Beat magazines and the like and they were a popular couple in those. He was in "SeaQuest" and she on "The Fresh Prince."

by Anonymousreply 3405/18/2013

Hold the hell on. This thread is supposed to be about me!

by Anonymousreply 3505/18/2013

I really honestly thought that Sheryl was a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 3605/18/2013

So we're all agreed that Janet Hubert is more relevant than Janet Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 3705/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 3805/18/2013

LOL @R37, Janet Jackson's biggest secret fanatic. It's sad yet funny as shit.

by Anonymousreply 3905/18/2013

Sommore is way better than Wanda.

by Anonymousreply 4005/18/2013

Can someone start a comedy thread?

by Anonymousreply 4105/18/2013

stll the best Aunt Viv.

by Anonymousreply 4206/29/2013

[quote]So we're all agreed that Janet Hubert is more relevant than Janet Jackson?

In your own deluded, hateration-filled dreams.

by Anonymousreply 4306/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!