Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Will Miley Cyrus eventually become the next Lindsay Lohan?

She's rich and famous because of her lame t.v. show and nothing else. She doesn't have talent and the only tangible thing that she has is her looks. And eventually she won't have even that.

Do you think Miley Cyrus is going to be the next Lindsay Lohan. They won't be exactly alike since Lohan could actually act, Miley can't actually do anything except bark out lines in that aggressive boy-ish voice.

Hilary Duff, a product of disney, has already faded and it's about time this [italic]"thing[/italic] does too.

by Anonymousreply 3902/15/2014

I don't know but she is headed for something bad. She is too focused at being the "it girl"

by Anonymousreply 105/14/2013

Actually, it seems people are focused on *her*.

by Anonymousreply 205/14/2013

She claims that Jodie Foster is her "mentor". If that's true, she's not doing a very good job mentoring this girl to stay away from the public.

by Anonymousreply 305/14/2013

Seemingly from a more stable family, no?

by Anonymousreply 405/14/2013

You know, I can't help but like her! She's always shown immense suppost for the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 505/14/2013

Doubt it. The big difference is that Lindsay is mentally ill, and suffers from arrested development. She has the emotional maturity of a 13 year old.

Miley isn't her family's sole means of support, so no matter what her relationship is to them, that's a huge difference between her and Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 605/14/2013

I think Amanda Bynes will beat her to it.

by Anonymousreply 705/14/2013

She's like Lindsay in that she's still running on the fumes of child stardom. And like LL, I don't really see her parlaying it into any kind of adult career. The transition doesn't always work.

by Anonymousreply 805/14/2013

She's trying to extend her fame for as long as possible, but, let's face it, who wouldn't? I know people who know her and from all accounts she's a good, thoughtful person. She was raised better than she could have been, and she'll be ok.

by Anonymousreply 905/14/2013

She hasn't had any brushes with the law, hasn't been photographed covered with bruises or staggering out of nightclubs, seems to be secure in her sexuality, has not been seen accompanied out by rich, dubious men, and her family seems to love her and not take advantage of her money. She's only 20 and immature, but she's not diseased.

by Anonymousreply 1005/14/2013

That poor Bynes creature seems to be beating her to it.

Cyrus seems to be dealing with has-been-hood fairly sensibly, by keeping her name out there and trying to marry someone currently relevant. No sign of going off the rails, not yet.

by Anonymousreply 1105/14/2013

Does Miley work anymore? No more concerts or movies? That's just bizarre

by Anonymousreply 1205/16/2013

You mean crash and burn? Yeppers!

She's too invested in trying to push buttons and hanging with rap producers that equals hard core drugs, of course. Closet cases love to get super wasted.

One minute she's trying to be Chrissy Hyde the next, Rhianna, shes confusing and a total attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 1305/16/2013

Cyrus so wants people to think she's so cool and edgy.

That seems to be her sole focus.

by Anonymousreply 1405/16/2013

If she plays her cards right.

by Anonymousreply 1505/16/2013

But her bf is involved with January Jones and her relationship is over with him.

She's really out there & most likely doing a lot of drugs so the crash will be coming. Her father is a total idiot & her mother "Trish The Dish" was a groupie whore.

by Anonymousreply 1605/16/2013

According to Cyrus, they are still together.

I think pot is the only thing she does, but she seems to love it.

by Anonymousreply 1705/16/2013

Yup her mom had an affair a little while back

by Anonymousreply 1805/16/2013

She has the voice of a 50 year old chain smoking hooker.

by Anonymousreply 1905/16/2013

She wants so desperately to shed her child star image. She should go to college and take some time off from the spotlight instead of trying so hard to be an edgy grown up. She looks like an idiot these days.

by Anonymousreply 2005/16/2013

[quote]the only tangible thing that she has is her looks

She is not attractive

by Anonymousreply 2105/16/2013

Blind item says that she performed a fantasy and had snoop dog pimp her out when they made a song together, I believe it. She is LL in training

by Anonymousreply 2206/08/2013

I thought she was lesbian? Or is that just what DL claims?

by Anonymousreply 2308/31/2013

She's so determined to look cool and wild that she's a good bet to develop a bad drug habit.

And I'm old enough to remember all the articles about Lindsay Lohan's stable, loving, nurturing family, and how they'd keep her from going the way of most child stars. Look, the Cyrus family seems like a good bet to drain Miley's fortune. The father is a has-been, the mother is "managing" the most lucrative child and is probably paying herself massive commissions, and then there are all the little siblings to support in style.

by Anonymousreply 2409/01/2013

Let this end.

by Anonymousreply 2510/06/2013

No. Miley is a stoner not a meth or coke head.She might wise up and realize that the faux ghetto girl act is not going to work beyond promoting the latest CD. She's being called out on it by black people in the industry. It's possible that she really does like hanging out with black people more than the hicks she's used to. But she can do that in her private life. I can understand wanting to re-invent herself. Madonna did it over and over again with great sucess. But the skit with the high school girls who don't have a clue but have a Podcast was funny for all the wrong reasons. The part she played of the silly white girl who appropriates black culture was too close to home. And again, she's too dumb to know when she's being made fun of.

by Anonymousreply 2610/06/2013

Miley is desperate for a career. And she is fucking it up.

by Anonymousreply 2710/06/2013

So many absurd comments.

Really, r27, she's fucking up her career? She's got the #1 song and the #1 album and everyone is talking about her. She's fucking 20 and has been famous for over 10 years. She's worth over $100 million.

How's your (presumably non-fucked up) career going?

It's fine and completely expected to see harpy, over-the-top comments about Miley on OMM and in freeperland and the like. But disappointinting on the DL. We should have a little more perspective on this, and be very aware that civilization has survived many stars whose "vulgar" antics "shocked" the masses and corrupted our youth.

by Anonymousreply 2810/10/2013

Sorry, bitches but Miley's gonna be kickin ass and takin names for decades to come. She and Britney Spears are the new order in modern music. Goodbye Madge, goodbye Gaga, goodbye Cher. Miley is amazing. She needs a little tweaking in regard to her image but once she gets her image in check, she's here for the long haul. Great voice, beautiful, great showmanship, great body and she loves us gays just like Britney.

by Anonymousreply 2910/10/2013

I love her new album "Twerking Overtime" and her new singles "Twerkin' USA" and "Twerkin' A to Z"

by Anonymousreply 3010/10/2013

Miley is fast becoming THE gay icon of the 21st Century. You go gurl.

by Anonymousreply 3110/10/2013

She's a crazy little slut.

by Anonymousreply 3210/13/2013

I think everything she's done is calculated. Where is the train wreck to suggest she's the next Lohan?

by Anonymousreply 3310/13/2013

At least Lohan is a genuine train wreck and not fame whoring fake one.

by Anonymousreply 3410/13/2013

Miley should cover her father's unreleased followup to Achy Breaky Heart and release his Itchy Twitchy Hole.

by Anonymousreply 3510/13/2013

I think she's already there, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2013

Probably more along the lines of the next Cher. She's pretty smart.

by Anonymousreply 3710/13/2013

r30, you missed Twerkin' 9-5.

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2013

Gross -

by Anonymousreply 3902/15/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!