Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Now the Obama administration is targeting reporters? WTF!?!?

And so the final curtain falls on the myth of what was supposed to be, in its own words, the "most transparent administration" in history.

As it turns out, the big Friday story of Bloomberg journalists snooping on its clients was just amateur hour compared to what the AP was about to serve. In fact, the Watergate affair may soon appear like a walk in the park compared to the First Amendment shitstorm that is about to be unleashed following the just reported news that the US Department of Justice had "secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news."

First amendment? Freedom of speech and press? Surely not when it comes to the Nobel-peace prize winning President and those who dare to expose his secret ways.

And what's worst, is that the AP breach has all the makings of a spiteful hack driven by personal vengeance against one of America's premier news outlets.

We can't wait to see the rest of the not so conservative media stands up in arms and defend one of their peers against an administration whose utter disdain for all checks and balances puts Stalinist Russia to shame. Or perhaps it will be merely a case of "first they came for AP's reporters, and we said nothing..."

And while it has long been known that the NSA actively intercepts and records every single form of electronic communication, the unspoken truth is that the government can do anything it wants as long as it doesn't get caught. It just did, and not only in Benghazi, or the IRS fiasco, but in making a complete mockery of the First Amendment.

As the NSA whistleblower told Wired Magazine over a year ago, “we are this far from a turnkey totalitarian state", all we can add is "we are now in a full-blown totalitarian state."

And nobody cares.

The AP story which must be read to be believed:

by Anonymousreply 5912/10/2014

Wow this site is infested with FReeper shitstains today.

by Anonymousreply 305/13/2013

Oh the pathetic life of the desperate freeper shitstain.

by Anonymousreply 405/13/2013

I'M SO CONCERNED!

by Anonymousreply 605/13/2013

Is this some sort of fake scandal? Another 90s impeachment distraction?

by Anonymousreply 1105/13/2013

R12 is thanking R8, yet Troll-dar reveals that R12 IS R8 (and R1 and R2 and R5). The paid freepers who invade this site always fuck up because they don't understand what Troll-dar is.

by Anonymousreply 1305/13/2013

Why are you thanking yourself, R12?

by Anonymousreply 1405/13/2013

R12, you've been busted. That's a lot of talking to yourself. Seek help.

by Anonymousreply 1505/13/2013

Man this thread is piss yellow.

by Anonymousreply 1605/13/2013

This is way worse than the IRS business, which is not that egregious, compared to what they did during Bush's presidency.

If this is true, then Holder must go. And R10 is right, can that damn Patriot's Act.

by Anonymousreply 1705/13/2013

Oh, I'm sure the GOP will be calling for the [bold]IMMEDIATE[/bold] repeal of the Patriot Act.

(snicker)

by Anonymousreply 1905/13/2013

[quote] I admit I am the OP and R1, 2, 5 and 12 but [R8] is NOT mine.

You still don't understand what Troll-dar is, do you?

by Anonymousreply 2005/13/2013

Get him girls.

by Anonymousreply 2105/13/2013

Must be his evil twin.

by Anonymousreply 2205/13/2013

What a complete idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2305/14/2013

This is great! Of course there isn't enough for Obama to be impeached, but I do love any scandal that gets the extremes of either party frothing at the mouth. You can practically hear the heads exploding.

by Anonymousreply 2405/14/2013

Sure, R24, it's great that this distracts from real work to be done.

Dolt.

by Anonymousreply 2505/14/2013

Since they don't seem to do any work I'm not too concerned about the distraction

by Anonymousreply 2605/14/2013

Libertarians are so cute. They talk like actually have a coherent political platform!

by Anonymousreply 2805/14/2013

Do you r27?

by Anonymousreply 3005/14/2013

Definitely, R30.

by Anonymousreply 3105/14/2013

R31. Tell me, little girl, who do you think I am sugar dumpling?

by Anonymousreply 3205/14/2013

Thank god America has a ton of minorities in it, or the country would all side with Republicans, and demand Obama's resignation. White America is easy to sway.

by Anonymousreply 3305/14/2013

[quote]Connors did not specify how the IRS has been “hammering” him. He did not immediately respond to a request for clarification.

Gee, I wonder why? It's hilarious how you uncritically and unquestioningly accept every conspiracy theory and story that you read on those sites you frequent.

by Anonymousreply 3605/17/2013

[quote]Thank God for Ron Paul and libertarians- they're the only people who consistently raised hell about this kind of abuse.

Of course there's that thing about Ron Paul being a racist who prefers women barefoot and pregnant, but apart from that he's all for freedom! Really & truly!

Libertarians are...endlessly amusing.

by Anonymousreply 3705/17/2013

[quote]who prefers women barefoot and pregnant

link.

by Anonymousreply 3805/17/2013

[quote]Wow this site is infested with FReeper shitstains today.

Yes because Daniel Ellsberg and Chris Hedges are both "freepers".

Boy this crowd is desperate and dangerously ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 3905/17/2013

Relax OP. The Obama Administration is NOT targeting reporters. Stop believing everything you read in the right-wing press.

by Anonymousreply 4005/17/2013

In this particular case, it's not a "freeper," R39. It's a libertarian/gun nut/anarchist/Ron Paul devotee/gold bug/anti-Fed/conspiracy theorist. Just laugh at him and move on. You can't have a serious discussion with someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 4105/17/2013

Here ya go R38:

[quote]Ron Paul, the conservative congressman from Texas known for his small-government beliefs rooted in Libertarianism, told an audience Monday in Iowa that government should dictate what happens in the womb of pregnant women.

[quote]Speaking at the Iowa Family Leader's presidential lecture series in Sioux City, Paul, an obstetrician and a Christian, explained that he disagreed with the popular belief that to be a Libertarian means having a laissez faire attitude of "it's the woman's body; she can do whatever she wants."

[quote]"Life comes from our creator, not our government," Politico reported Paul as saying. "Liberty comes from our creator, not from government. Therefore, the purpose, if there is to be a purpose, for government is to protect life and liberty."

So tough luck womens! The gummint can keep you pregnant as long as they want, because freedom(TM).

by Anonymousreply 4205/17/2013

Ron Paul can call himself whatever he wants, but he is still in favor of restricting our reproductive freedoms.

Bradley Manning however is not a Libertarian or a Republican. But he is in jail.

It boggles the mind that there are people who are not enraged by the Patriot Act or the Espionage Act or wiretapping or drones or the indictment and professional destruction of whistleblower Tom Drake and still think they are progressives. All because a Liberatarian said something that left wing liberals ALL agree with unanimously. Brainless idiots.

I know you have been told this before but you keep saying the same stupid things.

by Anonymousreply 4305/17/2013

[quote]All because a Liberatarian said something that left wing liberals ALL agree with unanimously.

Huh? R43, you don't make any sense at all. I'm sorry, but I tried to follow, but all I see are complete non-sequiturs.

by Anonymousreply 4405/17/2013

What took them so long?

They should just round up and arrest everyone at FoxNews. (Most at CBS too)

by Anonymousreply 4505/17/2013

I am saying that liberals are also taking aim at many things that the Obama administration is doing but on this particular board they keep thinking posters are the republican right or libertarians. I think they need to research the people who have been targeted by these policies before they post. They are obsessed with political labels instead of fundamental constitutional breaches.

by Anonymousreply 4605/17/2013

[quote]on this particular board they keep thinking posters are the republican right or libertarians.

In this case, R46, trolldar shows that the OP is, in fact, a libertarian nutcase who has posted here frequently in the past.

by Anonymousreply 4705/17/2013

Blah blah blah blah.........

by Anonymousreply 4805/17/2013

[quote]barefoot and pregnant

Where can I buy that Talking Heads album?

by Anonymousreply 4905/17/2013

Just for fun, trolldar R47 and go to the "Boston Bombing" link and see what she wrote.

She is a government shit shill, and always defends them from attacks on this board. If someone trolldar-ed her and went through some threads they would see she ALWAYS parrots the party line.

When someone points out that Obama has supported the Patriot Act, or authorized the murder of US citizens on US soil, or is using drones to murder innocent people, or is bailing out the banks using tax dollars...well, she always appears and casts aspersions. It's creepy.

Hmmmm, it's almost like she's trying to keep liberal gays from ever questioning the party line...

by Anonymousreply 5005/17/2013

[quote]Just for fun, trolldar [R47] and go to the "Boston Bombing" link and see what she wrote.

Dear heart, it's not like I hide what I write here. And, unlike you, I don't talk to myself and praise my own posts.

[quote]She is a government shit shill, and always defends them from attacks on this board. If someone trolldar-ed her and went through some threads they would see she ALWAYS parrots the party line.

ROFL.... No, dear, I don't but hey, anything that gets you through the day. And heaven forbid you should actually think about or defend the drivel you post here.

[quote]When someone points out that Obama has supported the Patriot Act, or authorized the murder of US citizens on US soil, or is using drones to murder innocent people, or is bailing out the banks using tax dollars...well, she always appears and casts aspersions. It's creepy.

LOL.... Do feel free to point to my "creepy" posts on the Patriot Act or on drones or on the "murder of US citizens on US soil." You can't, of course, because no such "creepy" posts exist.

[quote]Hmmmm, it's almost like she's trying to keep liberal gays from ever questioning the party line...

ROFL.... Q.E.D. regarding your status as a conspiracy nut. Thanks for confirming, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5105/17/2013

And yet, R51, you don't respond to the question-

You say that spying on reporters is okay, that using the IRS to go after the "enemy" is a good use of time, that questioning the Boston Bombing issue is "conspiracy", that you've never defended the Patriot Act or the bank bailouts.

Who are you? Why do you always, across dozens of threads, always attempt to defend the government from any criticism? Or is it just Democrats?

From what I've seen, you defend anything the gov does.

by Anonymousreply 5205/17/2013

R51 (and multiple other posts) why do you want to bury this story, along with the Boston Bombing, IRS and Benghazi?

by Anonymousreply 5305/17/2013

LOL@R21. That is from the ending of Blazing Saddles, right?

by Anonymousreply 5405/18/2013

[quote]you don't respond to the question-

Dear heart, you didn't ask a question.

[quote]You say that spying on reporters is okay

No, dear, I didn't, which is why you can't support this silly accusation any more than you can your other paranoid fantasies.

[quote]that using the IRS to go after the "enemy" is a good use of time

No, dear, I didn't, which is why you can't support this silly accusation any more than you can your other paranoid fantasies.

[quote]that questioning the Boston Bombing issue is "conspiracy"

[quote]that you've never defended the Patriot Act

Correct, dear, I haven't, which is why you can't support this silly accusation any more than you can your other paranoid fantasies.

[quote]or the bank bailouts.

Ah, there you have me. I did, and do, defend the bank bailouts.

[quote]Who are you?

Someone who is amusing himself at your expense.

[quote]Why do you always, across dozens of threads, always attempt to defend the government from any criticism?

I don't, dear, which is why you can't support this silly accusation any more than you can your other paranoid fantasies.

[quote]From what I've seen, you defend anything the gov does.

No, dear, I don't, which is why you can't support this silly accusation any more than you can your other paranoid fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 5505/18/2013

[quote]why do you want to bury this story

What "story" am I supposed to be "burying," dear?

By the way, I forgot to tell you just how much I loved these paranoid fantasies of yours from earlier in the thread:

[quote]Well, until the whole system begins to break down because interest rates rose 1%, and bread and milk doubled in price, and those "We Buy Gold" stores refuse to sell any stash due to the breakdown in the "paper gold" market. That's when things REALLY get interesting!

I mean, what can you say about such idiocy? Other than pointing out that you've been engaging in similar rants for years and not one of these predictions of yours has ever come true.

[quote]I'm so glad I bought gold in the late 90s and early aughts--- even if I'm wrong, I've still got enough to live on for a decade or two.

Dear heart, you said that gold would climb to ten times its current value. Of course you were wrong! And not only wrong, but hilariously and stupidly wrong, since it was bloody obvious to anyone with an IQ above that of a jar of mayonnaise that gold was in a classic bubble, a bubble that is now popping, just as everyone predicted.

by Anonymousreply 5605/18/2013

He sure targets whistle blowers.

by Anonymousreply 5705/18/2013

This report on the CIA should make everyone look at how evil Obama really is...just like Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc.

by Anonymousreply 5812/09/2014

We should have just built him a big white house and told him it was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

by Anonymousreply 5912/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.