Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gillian Anderson and her changing accents

OK, so DL fave is returning to American TV on Hannibal. Link is to her interview with drunkards Kathy Lee and Hoda. Why does this lunatic use an American accent when she's in America, and a British accent in the UK (or everywhere else but America, for all I know)? When she was on Graham Norton, she had her plummy British accent, here she's the all American girl. I know you bitches give Madge a hard time about her dismal accent changes, but this takes it to a whole other level.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2013

So, she goes both ways. Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 105/13/2013

The difference being that Anderson wears her accent well.

by Anonymousreply 205/13/2013

This has been talked about so many times. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 305/13/2013

She orgasms in British!

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

Vadge is nothing compared to her, to a British person Madonna still sounds American with the odd twang.

I totally get why Americans were annoyed with Vadge though cause she lived for 40 years in America then started to change. But she always had that over enunciated try hard pretentious voice.

We like Gillian though. Other examples of this include John Barrowman and Lulu. I didn't even know Barrowman was Scottish till recently, he switches accents whenever in Scotland like when he did pantomine at Christmas.

I find all this truly bizarre but very interesting and shows everyone is different with accents. You find when people with the changed accent start talking to their relatives, the old accent starts to seep through so maybe it has to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

Gillian tweeted this and her comment was "HA!".

by Anonymousreply 709/27/2013

R6, avoiding our Midwestern accent is perhaps the one thing I don't hate about Madonna.

Have you heard us? My own accent makes me vomit.

by Anonymousreply 809/27/2013

I do it unconsciously when moving between England and Ireland. I don't completely lose the accent of either place but one becomes far more pronounced when I am in the place the accent originated. My brother is the same.

by Anonymousreply 909/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.