Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jennifer Saunders Now Planning An Ab Fab Musical

Will this bitch just retire already? Jesus Christ!

by Anonymousreply 905/18/2013

This has the potential to be quite good. I would see an AbFab musical wanting very much to like it. Does she intend to use any of the sit-com's actors, herself included?

by Anonymousreply 105/13/2013

She announced a movie version a few years ago, and as recently as January confirmed that it's still on, she's currently writing it. Also in January it was reported that the movie is rumored to be a musical version. So I don't know of the OP is referring to the movie or plans to make it into a stage musical as well. The movie will use all the original cast.

by Anonymousreply 205/13/2013

Since you seem so invested in her continuing career, why don't you write her and ask when she's retiring?

by Anonymousreply 305/13/2013

OMG, something to give Mama Mia! a run for its money!

by Anonymousreply 405/13/2013

I was walkin' down the road...

by Anonymousreply 505/13/2013

If Viva Forever is any indication... I think it would be very difficult to make a musical where the characters are so well established, as are the actresses who play them. She'd do better to get her film made.

She's talented, intelligent and funny... she could write an original musical and probably do it very well. And I mean an original original musical. She probably could have written an amusing Mamma Mia! Recycling the Spice Girls was beyond arriving fashionably late.

by Anonymousreply 605/13/2013

They had to re-do the Spice Girls' Viva Forever show because Saunders' script was so bad. She then went on a press tour slamming the criticism. The woman lost her talent 20 years ago. Everything she does now is crap. She ruined Ab Fab for $$$. She originally ended it back in 1996. She said that it was better to end it than ruin it. What happened? Nothing else she did worked, so she went running back to it, and produced a series of horrifyingly bad episodes. She didn't even stop there - she crapped out a bunch more after that.

It really is for her to bow out already. I'd say bow out gracefully, but she doesn't have that option longer.

Rowan Atkinson is another one who is just embarrassing himself. The Alternative Comedy circuit died at the turn of the millennium.

by Anonymousreply 705/17/2013

you know what you should do, OP...? if she does do Ab Fab, The Musical?

Don't go.

That'll show her.

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2013

I'd hardly call season 4 "horrifyingly bad", most its episodes are pretty good and "Menopause," featuring Mo Gaffney, is one of the best episodes of the entire series. I would agree that none of the season 5 episodes fully gel, despite some great bits here and there.

by Anonymousreply 905/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.