Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are there any gay Amish?

I've never come across even one Amish male of any age who pinged, and living in PA, I've come across plenty of Amish.

What's that about?

by Anonymousreply 8304/11/2015

Your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 105/12/2013

Yes, I met one last week.

by Anonymousreply 205/13/2013

I have a friend in Western Pennsylvania who assures me that there are gay Amish men.

by Anonymousreply 405/13/2013

Probably their ability to conceal their sexuality is better than your gaydar OP.

by Anonymousreply 505/13/2013

I had one years ago..........

by Anonymousreply 605/13/2013

At a New York gay parade there was a group from Lancaster County. Their banner read "Out of the Barns and Into The Bars."

by Anonymousreply 705/13/2013

Seriously, R7?

by Anonymousreply 805/13/2013

Gay Amish is very similar to Gay Mormons. Most will not mention they were brought up Amish. Lost of guilt and self torture. Most make it and liver happily, but still they keep quiet about their Amish past.

by Anonymousreply 905/13/2013

I have a gay friend that was brought up Amish. His family left the church before he came out.

by Anonymousreply 1005/13/2013

I went out on a blind date with a man who's grandparents had left the Amish but still had relatives that were members. I asked him that very question, OP, thinking of my friends on DL. He responded that it was simply not possible to be gay and be Amish; it was in fact a direct contradiction. You also couldn't be celibate or stay single. The good of the community and staying a part of the Amish meant getting married to an acceptable Amish girl and having kids. He then quoted the Biblical commandment, "Be fruitful and multiply." Amish take the Bible very, very literally.

Some families would remain in some form of contact with a gay member that out of necessity left the community.

by Anonymousreply 1105/13/2013

"Most make it and liver happily"

Makes a strange sense...

I know a couple of religious gays who are slowly but surely drinking themselves to death...

by Anonymousreply 1205/16/2013

r8, saw them with my own eyes. Six or seven guys. Didn't have my camera.

by Anonymousreply 1305/16/2013

Specifically Mormons, R12. I've known several who seem to also drink themselves to death. Reminds me of the joke: Do you you know why you don't take a Mormon fishing? He'll drink all your beer. I suppose that and suck your cock. Or perhaps, many a slip between the cup and lip?

by Anonymousreply 1405/16/2013

If you're drinking Amish kool-aid, you're likely to suppress the gay, big-time.

What a miserable life.

by Anonymousreply 1505/16/2013

[quote]There was no homosexuality in tribal cultures prior to the introduction of European influence. Africa and the Americas were completely gay free prior to colonization. There is zero evidence of homosexual influence in hunter gatherer/nomadic tribes to this day.

Common sense tells you there were gay people in pre-Christian African and American societies but they didn't think it was worth worrying about.

by Anonymousreply 1805/16/2013

r16, what kind of "evidence" would satisfy you? 2 male skeletons in the fucking position?

by Anonymousreply 1905/16/2013

R16 what a flicking douche. Ever heard of native Americans? They fucking had gay marriage. Try researching from something not written by a bible thumping republican.

by Anonymousreply 2005/16/2013

^This is Datalounge!

You can say "fucking."

by Anonymousreply 2105/16/2013

I have read two "gay romance novels" feauturing an Amish and an "englishman"(that is the Amish term for everyone not Amish.)The books are: "Between Two Worlds" and "Between Two Promises", by Shelter Somerset. I found the books to be very sweet, lots of drama-- hey they're gay romance novels, but definitely glad that I read them.

Aiden Cermak and Daniel Schrock are the definition of "worlds apart." It doesn't get more different than agnostic and Amish, and no one is more aware of this than Aiden. The young Chicago journalist travels to central Illinois Amish Country to research an article and ends up as a house guest of Daniel and his family after an act of bravery leaves the Schrocks in his debt. Aiden is drawn to the solemn and mysterious Daniel and decides to hang around Amish Country for a while longer, despite the risk of terrible consequences for Daniel. But Daniel's suspect sexuality might not be the only secret he's harboring, and as Aiden becomes more and more enmeshed in the community, he discovers that a hidden past may make it even harder for Daniel to face his emerging feelings. It may be impossible to build a bridge between their worlds-their only hope may be to carve out a world of their own.

by Anonymousreply 2205/16/2013

I graduated high school 2006 in Michigan, my BF , me and 4 others were driving to Indy for the car race and we stopped in a totally Amish town to eat. We had great food and I was watching the guys my age in the restaurant and there were a couple of hot guys. After we ate there was a big general store we went into to check stuff out. There was a tall dark haired Amish guy about 18 working the counter. He honestly was one of the most beautiful guys I have ever seen. Amazing face, eyes, smile. You could tell he had a ripped body. I just couldn't take my eyes off of him he was so beautiful Even my BF agreed with me. The Amish dude caught me staring at him several times. He came around from the counter and down the aisle and asked if he could help us. Again catching me looking down at his impressive bulge. He smiled and laughed a bit and patted me on the back in a rubbing way, staring me deep in my eyes and said to let him know what he could do to help. Christ I wanted so bad to go off and do a 3 way with him. It was days before I could stop thinking about him. For sure one of those situations you wish you could go back in time for a re-do and not be a pussy and act on an amazing situation! He was hitting back on me for sure.

by Anonymousreply 2305/16/2013

Your post gave me a boner, r23! I wonder if this guy was flirting with you, or just enjoying your attention? As best as you remember what was his height, hair/eye color?

by Anonymousreply 2405/16/2013

Oldsters will tell you that there's always been gay and lesbian "friendships" in all societies. It just was whispered about and not discussed publicly, like the very common pre-marital sexual relations between heteros. Or do you think 100% of everyone was a virgin at marriage way back when?

by Anonymousreply 2505/16/2013

r23, did he have really bad body odor?

by Anonymousreply 2605/16/2013

r23, by chance were you around Clare, Michigan?

by Anonymousreply 2705/16/2013

The berdache was an old native American custom.

by Anonymousreply 2805/16/2013

(R23)Hi guys. I am the original poster of R23.

To answer your questions; R-24 I am 5'10 and he was about three inches taller then me. Beautiful med brown hair, clean with some sun streaks, hazel eyes, perfect white teeth and no he smelled great. Kind of a sawdust combined with a natural sweet man odor. He had on a white short sleeve shirt and his arm and face skin was really smooth. Also he had a decent tan already. Very little hair on his arms and face. I don't think he could even grow a full beard and he was pretty much clean shaven. For SURE he was flirting with me and yeah he enjoyed the attention too. I get hit on enough to know flirting and my BF agreed with me too that he was hitting on me/us!

R-27 We were in Shipshewana. Indiana and the store was called Yoder's Hardware. Pretty cool place really!

Ricky

by Anonymousreply 2905/17/2013

[quote] There was no homosexuality in tribal cultures prior to the introduction of European influence. Africa and the Americas were completely gay free prior to colonization. There is zero evidence of homosexual influence in hunter gatherer/nomadic tribes to this day. [/quote]

This is a blatant falsehood. There is homosexuality in cultures, advanced and primitive, all over the world. In some cultures it's almost universally practiced, especially in places like Papua New Guinea.

by Anonymousreply 3005/18/2013

[quote]There was no homosexuality in tribal cultures prior to the introduction of European influence.

This sounds like some baloney spewed by a Fundie frau.

by Anonymousreply 3105/18/2013

I thought once an Amish was determined to be gay, he had to leave and was "shunned" by everyone in his community including family. They simply erased him and he went out into the world and lived among the English.

R23, I don't doubt you about your encounter and it's likely he was flirting, but I have also had an encounter with Amish and one thing that has always struck me is their simplicity and openness. They don't subscribe to the behaviors we are accustomed to.

They're warm, and kind, and without artifice. Also very literal. So if you meet a younger one, say between 17 -25, you will definitely get that flirting vibe even when it is unintentional on their part.

You should've asked him if he'd done his Rumspringa. I think that's how it's spelled. This is a voluntary "vacation" from being Amish. With young men, before they embrace the responsibilities of adulthood, they're allowed a year off to satisfy their curiosity and restlessness.

The elders believe they will return to the safety and structure and order of their community once they get this "out of their system. " They usually do. Men have a good life, unless they're gay.

Women are treated like glorified slaves. They cook and clean and breed and are very much subordinate to their husbands and fathers. They have to behave. Usually girls and boys are "guided" from adolescence about who they'll end up marrying.

by Anonymousreply 3205/18/2013

R32, According to my Amish friend, it would depend on each individual family how a gay child would be treated post coming out. While he may not "be erased," after leaving the community, he would need to keep his lifestyle private. Still he might be allowed to "break bread" with his family at special times. Then again, the same would apply for anyone who's joined the English and regularly engages in radically non-Amish behavior.

by Anonymousreply 3305/18/2013

Those who are members of Broke Straight Boys. BSB had a real Amish guy on his Rumspringa do several videos. He said his family was having money issues and could loose their farm so he needed cash bad to help the family. He seemed like a sweet guy and I kind of felt bad for him because he was made fun of for being Amish by the guys. His videos are worth checking out. He was filmed in December 2006 and his name was Jonah

by Anonymousreply 3405/18/2013

Amish love bump

by Anonymousreply 3505/18/2013

I worked in a restaurant one summer on an island off the East coast. Remember when an Amish family checked in to the hotel [attached/ upstairs] and for about 3 nights, the father would come down alone and sit at a table late in the evening. He just looked so sad and lonely. I always wondered if perhaps he was gay or certainly just needed a brief respite from the family.

by Anonymousreply 3605/18/2013

R36, the older guy probably wanted to be back in the security of his community and was uncomfortable at the hotel. The other reason he could've looked sad was maybe he was on a journey that was a sad one. Maybe he was going to recover a loved one who died or something. Who the fuck knows?

by Anonymousreply 3705/18/2013

Third Tribal Nation Embraces ‘Two-Spirit People’ And Passes Marriage Equality Statute

by Anonymousreply 3805/18/2013

Does Lukas Haas count?

by Anonymousreply 3905/18/2013

I sat behind an Amish woman on a Greyhound bus in 1975. She was talking to the non Amish woman sitting next to her. The Amish woman was expressing her disappointment in the laws that required her daughter to attend school since she could teach her so much more at home like cooking, sewing, cleaning, etc. I felt so sorry for the daughter, her future wasn't for her to decide.

by Anonymousreply 4005/18/2013

No gay Amish, no sir'ee, no gay Iranians either, no ma'am.

Seriously, ten percent of all people are probably gay.

by Anonymousreply 4105/18/2013

We should find someone who is gay to impersonate an Amish and go into their community and seduce closeted men, then expose them in some Anonymous best seller filled with hot, sweaty sexual encounters described in graphic details.

by Anonymousreply 4205/18/2013

Of course there are. They are called "Gamish". You silly barn raising queens!

by Anonymousreply 4305/18/2013

Amish boy fucks to save farm.

by Anonymousreply 4412/27/2013

Are they all uncut? Are they hung?

by Anonymousreply 4608/17/2014

of course!! Why do you think they put Patti Lupone in "Witness"?

To appeal to the demographic.

by Anonymousreply 4708/17/2014

If they're Amish, they're definitely uncut.

by Anonymousreply 4808/17/2014

mmm I love some uncut meat now and again. There was a trashy series recently with a bunch of Amish kids being exposed to "the big city". There was one hot guy on there who pinged big time. Too bad he got involved with a fish but I bet he thinks about boyhole when he is pounding her vadge.

by Anonymousreply 4908/17/2014

Whoever said "homosexuality did not occur in pre European African tribes" must be a plant. POSITIVE homosexual characters appear frequently in many tribes mythology.

by Anonymousreply 5008/17/2014

Scott Lively is that you?

by Anonymousreply 5108/17/2014

Amish Men are way sexy,,ummm

by Anonymousreply 5202/27/2015

R52 - How many Amish men have you seen? Or have you just seen the movie Witness?

by Anonymousreply 5302/27/2015

Maybe you can find them on Grindr, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5402/27/2015

There was a gay Amish serial killer. He committed suicide in Texas a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 5502/28/2015

There most certainly were homosexuls in "tribal" America as you call it. And they were honored. What did them in, though, was the endless bickering over who had better hair and better dance moves: Sacajawea or Pocohontas.

by Anonymousreply 5602/28/2015

I can't speculate as to gay Amish but I WAS cruised by a very cute,blond bearded "Old Believer" in an Aurora,OR mini-mart last summer.

by Anonymousreply 5702/28/2015

Don't know about Amish but in the Mennonite and Moravian communities there certainly are

by Anonymousreply 5802/28/2015

The perfect 'beard' situation, no pun intended. No one would dream of questioning their heterosexuality.

Same for Muslim. Statistically there have to be some (probably the most fervently religious).

by Anonymousreply 5902/28/2015

Well they have their own website with their coming out stories, so I would say YES.

by Anonymousreply 6002/28/2015

I have lived near the Amish, quite often they smell bad, really bad.

by Anonymousreply 6102/28/2015

r11 did you bore him do death...geeez

by Anonymousreply 6203/01/2015

That Samuel Plankmaker was one hot number!

by Anonymousreply 6303/01/2015

My aunt used to live in Lancaster, PA and I used to love whenever we visited her, when the local Amish guys would drop by or be doing work for her.

by Anonymousreply 6403/01/2015

I know a closeted Mennonite from Lancaster County. His parents were raised plain clothes but he wasn't. Not Amish but pretty close to it.

by Anonymousreply 6503/01/2015

If you want to learn about Amish...

by Anonymousreply 6704/11/2015

Remember the guy on "Breaking Amish" who left home with a sewing machine to design clothes in Hollywood? A loudly pinging Mennonite.

by Anonymousreply 6804/11/2015

Lol R68!

by Anonymousreply 6904/11/2015

Actually, he had TWO sewing machines. He went to party with a group of guys in the fashion industry and then deleted his personal video diary from the night.

by Anonymousreply 7004/11/2015

I have a gay friend who was raised Amish.

by Anonymousreply 7104/11/2015

r29. that never happened!!! had you stayed you would have been beaten to a pulp by him and the gang. you dumbass. also i checked for thst tore. no such listing. hmmmm. good imagination troll

by Anonymousreply 7204/11/2015

i will say this about r23 Ricky, if you're not a writer you should be. you have a real talent for writing. i was immediately taken in by your story and wanted to hear more from you. you should write a book bro.

i still think it would be dangerous for you to flirt. glad you werent alone.

by Anonymousreply 7304/11/2015

R27 and Ricky, in Season 2 of "Breaking Amish" Devon Miller, 21, (pronounced de-VAHN) was from Shipshewana.

by Anonymousreply 7404/11/2015

Openly gay Amish? Almost none. Closeted gay Amish? Lots and lots.

by Anonymousreply 7504/11/2015

The Amish seldom circumcise their sons.

by Anonymousreply 7604/11/2015

Whereas for R77 being an asshole is innate.

by Anonymousreply 7804/11/2015

Jonathan Groff.

by Anonymousreply 7904/11/2015

Those tall, lanky, bearded realmen(they are all fish fuckers) give us "The Vapors"!

by Anonymousreply 8004/11/2015

Jonathan Groff is NOT Amish.

by Anonymousreply 8104/11/2015

Jonathan's father is Mennonite. He was raised Methodist, his mother's religion. John Wesley Shipp named for the church's founder has a Methodist minister father.

by Anonymousreply 8204/11/2015

Okay, who's read it?

by Anonymousreply 8304/11/2015
Need more help? Click Here.