Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tyne and Tim Daly

Seriously, a sister and brother on polar opposites of the attractiveness scale can't be full siblings, right?

by Anonymousreply 3105/17/2013

It didn't happen, but I'm sure Bruce Willis and Demi Moore could have had an incredible looking son, in contrast with the three fug daughters they did have. It's all possible.

by Anonymousreply 105/12/2013

It's possible. And they are full sibs.

by Anonymousreply 205/12/2013

I thought Tyne was attractive when she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 305/12/2013

Tyne was beautiful when she was younger. She let herself go completely in the 80s.

Here's a photo of her when she starred in "The Enforcer" opposite Clint Eastwood in the mid 70s.

by Anonymousreply 405/12/2013

I know she gained weight in the '80s, but I think she would have looked gaunt without it. Some people just don't age well.

by Anonymousreply 505/12/2013

Not true, OP

by Anonymousreply 605/12/2013

She looked good during CAGNEY & LACEY.

by Anonymousreply 705/12/2013

The problem is Tim looked extra good.

by Anonymousreply 805/12/2013

Tim looks younger and better looking than his son who's also an actor.

by Anonymousreply 905/12/2013

It happens. The homeliest girl in our class had an older sister that was a cheerleader/Homecoming Queen.

I always thought that must have added extra salt to the wound.

by Anonymousreply 1005/12/2013

All siblings are equally attractive. Just in different ways, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 1105/12/2013

Tyne Daly is just Tim Daly in a fat suit.

by Anonymousreply 1205/12/2013

Maggie and Jake Gyllenhall are equally unattractive, r6.

by Anonymousreply 1305/12/2013

Tyne Daly may not be a goddess but she's surely not the polar opposite of gorgeous.

Still, the answer to your question is yes - full siblings can greatly vary in attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 1405/13/2013

R4 That was Tim, not Tyne

by Anonymousreply 1505/13/2013

Tim and Tyne Daly Team Up on 'Wings'

"We're both hard workers. We got that from dad," says Tim Daly, star of the NBC sitcom "Wings."

He is talking about himself and his sister, Tyne Daly, with whom he performs for the first time Thursday when she guest-stars on his series.

Dad was the late actor James Daly, who starred in the TV series "Medical Center" from 1969-1976. Their mother, Hope Newell, is also an actress.

In Thursday's episode, Tyne plays a rich woman who causes havoc among the staff of the commuter airline that is the show's setting.

"It's a delicious part," says the actress, whose normal show business terrain is TV drama ("Cagney & Lacey") and, more recently, the stage ("Gypsy").

"And it was fun to work with Tim. But," she laughs of her sitcom experience, "I didn't know whether to play to the audience or the camera."

Tim, who caught attention in a failed but wonderful CBS series, "Almost Grown," in 1988-89, says he and Tyne "have a similar, straightforward way of working, and we had a really good time. I'd love to do it again on the stage, in something more sustained and deeper."

Speaking about their father, he says: "He had a lot of impact about how we feel about acting and approaching it. When we grew up, acting was considered an honorable and viable occupation in our household. We grew up with a lot of high ideals."

Did he ever act together with his father?

"No. Dad and I were going to do a play together, a summer tour of 'Equus,' in 1978. I was in college at Bennington (Vt.) and it was my first professional acting job. But he died the first day of rehearsals. We were just a few hours apart from working together. I went ahead and did the tour."

Tyne worked with her father "on a couple of occasions. Once, we were in a play, 'Jenny Kissed Me,' at the Bucks County Playhouse in Pennsylvania. Mama was in it, too. And I did four 'Medical Centers,' but there was only one of them in which I really had anything to do with Dad."

by Anonymousreply 1605/13/2013

Wings episode Part 1

by Anonymousreply 1705/13/2013

Tim Daly did 'Equus.' Where are the photos?

by Anonymousreply 1805/13/2013

Jeepers. Not all siblings look alike!

by Anonymousreply 1905/13/2013

OTOH - Tyne Daley is one of the all time great TV actresses - and one of the best actresses on Broadway - and Tim is cute but not so distinguished.

by Anonymousreply 2005/13/2013

I seriously used to think that Tyne was his mother.

by Anonymousreply 2105/13/2013

Tim Daly IS Mama Rose!

by Anonymousreply 2205/13/2013

I thought they were adopted

by Anonymousreply 2305/13/2013

I don't know who Tim is and assumed the unattractive one was Tim, because Tyne is attractive. Now I am just confused

by Anonymousreply 2405/13/2013

Did we ever find out why Tim and his wife split up after over 20 years of marriage?

by Anonymousreply 2505/15/2013

Their father came out of the closet rather late in life, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 2605/16/2013

[quote]Tyne is attractive.

She was very attractive when she was young. By the time she got to C&L she was middle-aged frumpy but an excellent actress.

by Anonymousreply 2705/16/2013

I used to have such a huge crush on Tim.

He is still very attractive. And he is almost 60.

by Anonymousreply 2805/16/2013

They look like full siblings to me to a far greater degree than Warren Beatty and his sister.

by Anonymousreply 2905/16/2013

When their father died he left money to his partner. Their mother, who was divorced, challenged. In court Tyne spoke in favor of her father's wishes. Anyone remember specific details?>

by Anonymousreply 3005/16/2013

Tyne plays herself in every role. On the series where she was a lawyer, I knew when she would pause in every sentence.

by Anonymousreply 3105/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.