Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nasal cold sores?

About 10 months ago I had a cold sore on my upper lip and couldn’t get to the store to pick up some Abreva till after work, by that time I had a line of cold sores going from my lip to the edge of my nostril. That was the first time that happened, I usualy get one (or several of them) pretty much in the same place. About 30 minutes ago I blew my nose and felt something incredibly painful just inside my nostril. When I looked at it looked just like a cold sore, and it feels like one too. About six months ago I think I might have had one too but I was going thru a monster cold and put it down to rubbing my nose too hard/often, but now I'm thinking maybe it wasn’t. I googled nasal cold sores so I know such a thing isn’t impossible, despite what my idiot (RN) sister just told me.

Is there anything else that looks and feels like a cold sore?

Does anyone else get these?

Could something have changed to where I’m only going to be getting them inside my nose now? (As painful as this thing is at least it’s not on my lip making me feel all ugly)

Can I use Abreva on it?

by Anonymousreply 1705/17/2013

Oh damn OP I can't even imagine how bad that hurts. I have no idea what else it could be. I think as long as the cold sore isn't to far back in your nostril you can put Abreva on it, but I'd be careful about it. Maybe in the morning you can call a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to be sure. But I think if you can see the cold sore it's not so bad that you can't use Abreva on it.

by Anonymousreply 105/12/2013

I have no idea if your only gonna get cold sores just in your nose. Gotta friend who gets them only in his nose. Maybe someone else knows more

by Anonymousreply 205/12/2013

Thanks r1

by Anonymousreply 305/12/2013

You've got a ingrown nasal hair. Those motherfuckers hurt.

Find out which one it is by using a flashlight in the mirror and pull the hair out of the center of the zit.

by Anonymousreply 405/12/2013

Just put some abreva on a q tip and put it in your nostril

by Anonymousreply 505/12/2013

OMG, you got nasal herpes. Ick!

by Anonymousreply 705/13/2013

get some cotton swabs and have at it with peroxide. Actually, when you first feel that tingle on your lip, hit it with peroxide with a cotton ball and keep doing it as often as possible. A lot cheaper than Abreva.

by Anonymousreply 805/13/2013

OP, never let a stranger trick rim your nostrils. You have herpes now for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 905/13/2013

OP, I've had cold sores since childhood and Abreva changed my life. Yes, I have had them in my nose occasionally. Your mistake was not getting the Abreva on right away. I keep some at work and at home. I also carry it with me. That sounds extreme, but putting it on at the first sign, I don't have those kinds of problems anymore.

Yes, use it in your nose. I have and it works, although not quite as well when you get it on at the first tingle.

by Anonymousreply 1005/13/2013

Thanks for the advice.

R4 this is definetly a cold sore. Have multiple tiny blisters. But the Abreva is helping.

I think you're right R10, my mistake was not catching it right away. They occur just infrequently enough that I almost always think they are something else until they get to painful stage. Now I have Abreva in my desk at work, some in my car and some at home. The stuffs expensive as hell but it actualy works unlike all the other *cures*.

by Anonymousreply 1105/13/2013

You can't just go out giving Eskimo kisses to any Tom, Dick, and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 1205/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 1305/13/2013

R8 here. No one commented on peroxide. I've been using it for years at the first sign and it works, at least for me.

by Anonymousreply 1405/13/2013

Let this be a lesson, do not let a trick make you think it is safe for them to blow their load in your nose.

by Anonymousreply 1505/13/2013

It could be staph infection!! See your doctor.

by Anonymousreply 1605/17/2013

Staph Infection /Myrsa

by Anonymousreply 1705/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!