Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

They want to track us, and keep tabs on us like we are just cattle to feed them

Anyone who can't see that this is just another way to create a national ID, and that such ID would be required for all transactions within a decade.

------

The immigration reform measure the Senate began debating yesterday would create a national biometric database of virtually every adult in the U.S., in what privacy groups fear could be the first step to a ubiquitous national identification system.

Buried in the more than 800 pages of the bipartisan legislation (.pdf) is language mandating the creation of the innocuously-named “photo tool,” a massive federal database administered by the Department of Homeland Security and containing names, ages, Social Security numbers and photographs of everyone in the country with a driver’s license or other state-issued photo ID.

This piece of the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act is aimed at curbing employment of undocumented immigrants. But privacy advocates fear the inevitable mission creep, ending with the proof of self being required at polling places, to rent a house, buy a gun, open a bank account, acquire credit, board a plane or even attend a sporting event or log on the internet. Think of it as a government version of Foursquare, with Big Brother cataloging every check-in.

“It starts to change the relationship between the citizen and state, you do have to get permission to do things,” said Chris Calabrese, a congressional lobbyist with the American Civil Liberties Union. “More fundamentally, it could be the start of keeping a record of all things.”

David Bier, an analyst with the Competitive Enterprise Institute, agrees with the ACLU’s fears.

“The most worrying aspect is that this creates a principle of permission basically to do certain activities and it can be used to restrict activities,” he said. “It’s like a national ID system without the card.”

--------

Our government is out of control.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5801/01/2015

Nut or not, Alex Jones would be right about this.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 405/12/2013

They already have that power with all you drivers. You car sends them a signal and they can see where it is at all times.

They also can already track you by your cell phones.

They also can track you with street cameras. At my old apartment, I couldn't go anywhere without the police being aware of it.

It was like being in prison. And none of you cared about that. Suddenly, a national ID card and you're up in arms? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 605/13/2013

It used to be that right-wingers were against this.

I wonder what happened...?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 905/13/2013

R9, 9/11. These fools now think that this bullshit will prevent terroism.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1005/13/2013

They are only against it if liberals are in charge, but they no longer fear that ever happening.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1105/13/2013

Pun intended, R12?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1305/13/2013

The government has had my social security number for decades as well as my tax returns, passport records, etc. They can see an ant in my yard from space.

It doesn't bother me. I never think about it. When I read paranoid rants like the ones in this thread, it reminds me how much I don't care about this.

I recommend meds and a decent therapist but suit yourselves.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1405/14/2013

Your comfort is based on denial about what sort of people run these programs.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1505/14/2013

[quote]But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!

Don't know about that, but they can probably spell both 'libertarian' and 'crazy.'

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1605/14/2013

I don't really care anymore OP. Let them keep tabs on me and my boring life.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1705/14/2013

[quote]massive federal database administered by the Department of Homeland Security and containing names, ages, Social Security numbers and photographs of everyone in the country

Take out "federal" and replace DHS with "a private corporation" and this is already pretty much a done deal known as Facebook

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1805/14/2013

R18-

Facebook can't put me in jail or murder me with a drone.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 1905/14/2013

There is too much tracking already! It's a slippery slope people!!

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2005/14/2013

R20

Yet many people here defend the government being able to tap our phones, read our emails and track us 24/7 on the grounds that...well, they're the GOVERNMENT, and they would NEVER do anything wrong, or misuse that information, or try to frame an innocent person...

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2105/17/2013

Last year, Florida wouldn't renew driver's licenses unless you brought them your birth certificate, which they photographed.

For those who served in the military after 1990, their DNA is on file.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2205/18/2013

[quote]Yet many people here defend the government being able to tap our phones, read our emails and track us 24/7 on the grounds that...well, they're the GOVERNMENT, and they would NEVER do anything wrong

I've been looking in vain for a single post where anyone has said anything even remotely like this. Perhaps you could point me to such a post?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2305/18/2013

To all the H8rs that said this was fantasy- SUCK IT!

Now we KNOW the gov is spying on us, so what are you going to do?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2406/09/2013

The last time I renewed my driver's license, the woman who took my photograph demanded that I pull my hair up off my forehead (I like to cover my receding hairline). When I protested, she said it's a state requirement so the police can see our faces better. I laughed and said it's for Homeland Security's facial recognition software.

She was obviously shocked. I guess she was so used to regurgitating what she'd been told, she never thought beyond it.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2506/09/2013

Man, it's been Christmas morning this week for the Libertarian Idiot Troll, hasn't it?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2706/09/2013

This involves way more than a national ID. We need to support organizations that challenge this type of oppression.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2806/09/2013

[quote]These fucking retards can't see that by 2020 (or sooner) their job as "In House Expert", and that very few people will care what he has to say.

Er, what?

I would try Google Translate, but it doesn't seem to have a Libertarian to English option.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 2906/10/2013

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3006/10/2013

Everyone who has applied for a job at an city school district had been fingerprinted.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3106/10/2013

Hysteria.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3206/10/2013

It will help them control medical costs by tailoring poisons to our specific DNA OP.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3306/10/2013

I have a cunning plan to corner the tin-foil market.

You know you use it for more than hats, OP. It's on your windows and walls in your desperate attempt to keep all your secrets safe from the eeeeeebil gubamint.

But you're definitely not safe, OP, not one little bit. Buy more foil.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3406/10/2013

A friend moved to New Jersey and applied for a new license. When he went to have photo taken at the DMV (MVC in Jersey) rep told him not to smile. Smiles confuse facial recognition.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3506/10/2013

Freepers wanted this, now suddenly they don't.....

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3606/10/2013

Save us from the lizard people, Ron and Rand!

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3706/10/2013

Meh. Doesn't surprise me. I assume that my boring life is being tracked. And it's not like we have any control over this. Move to Montana, OP.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3806/10/2013

We already have a national ID -- it's called your Social Security number.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 3906/10/2013

Isn't the government's trick getting people to think that the worst, the supposed moment when people say "enough", the point when supposedly people will truly be outraged is always just around the corner.

OP's freaking out NOW because of a couple of stories regarding government surveillance? Hasn't the government had tons of information on virtually anybody they want for years?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4006/10/2013

Americans are the worlds top "Cattle-People".

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4106/11/2013

You ARE a crazy moron, op.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4206/11/2013

R40-

I've known for years the gov was spying on us, tapping phone and internet communication, manipulating the media...

But I was called a "conspiracy theorist" or even worse, like "freeper" or "traitor", when I tried to inform the DataTard LoungeLizards.

Listen to what Snowden said, how he got the info, and how only came forward in attempt to keep them from killing him (or his family) if they could do it without raising suspicion. That sentiment is augmented by Snowden's confession that they will try to kill him.

[quote]“I understand that I will be made to suffer for my actions, and that the return of this information to the public marks my end,” he wrote in early May, before we had our first direct contact. He warned that even journalists who pursued his story were at risk until they published.

[quote]The U.S. intelligence community, he wrote, “will most certainly kill you if they think you are the single point of failure that could stop this disclosure and make them the sole owner of this information.”

This guy has more balls than our entire government put together.

When liberals and conservatives are both on the same page (that Stasi-style observation is evil) then the rats in DC must be scared shitless.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4306/11/2013

^^ moron alert ^^

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4406/12/2013

[quote]This guy has more balls than our entire government put together.

He's also something of a paranoid loon, at least based on his conversation thus far, which means that the two of you should get along well.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4506/12/2013

Some people just love to be slaves. As evidenced by the comments on this thread.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4606/12/2013

And some people prefer idiotic drivel and making shit up to serious discussion, as evidenced by R46.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4706/12/2013

Here's my observation, r47: it's impossible to have a discussion when one side consistently dismisses the other as a bunch of paranoid loons.

I'm one of those people who have nothing to hide. And I don't think the government's actions hurt me. Yet. I see the potential for abuse in all this spying and collecting of information. So I'm willing to listen, and discuss, all possibilities.

One thing I'm not willing to do is dismiss these things the government wants to do as harmless.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4806/14/2013

OP had it right the first time: Libertains ARE crazy morons!

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 4906/14/2013

[quote]it's impossible to have a discussion when one side consistently dismisses the other as a bunch of paranoid loons.

It's equally impossible when one side consists of paranoid loons like R43. Or idiots who post drivel like, "Some people just love to be slaves," like R44. Those are not the words of someone interested in discussion.

[quote]So I'm willing to listen, and discuss, all possibilities.

So am I; I'm just not willing to "discuss all possibilities" with someone who is a paranoid loon or someone who is clearly uninterested in a serious discussion. Did you have a point to make?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5006/14/2013

hmmm

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5112/09/2014

So what. I have no secrets.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5212/09/2014

R52-

Why not post your nude photos here?

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5312/10/2014

I know how to build a cool fighter plane.

Too bad they hired an Indian with a degree in agricultural engineering instead.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5412/10/2014

The "weaponized bugs" thread needs a link.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5512/31/2014

The Libertarian Idiot Troll, not properly shamed in his idiotic panic attacks over Ebola, should stop bumping 2-year-old threads.

Bye Felicia.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5601/01/2015

Google already has you data identified so it can algorithm your future buying choices based on past internet activity. Google will SELL you the chip you implant.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5701/01/2015

I wonder how many of these 'gov'ment spyin in us' freaks use Grinder, Squirt, A4A, etc? Umm...it gives your fucking location, lol! At thud point its too late anyway. We are on camera everywhere, our credit/debit habits are tracked, phone calls tracked. So what. You going to move to Idaho and live in a tent? Relax, you paranoid losers. Nothing you can do to stop it....and I can see you reading this. Yes, I really can.

by But LIBERTAINS are carzy morons!!!reply 5801/01/2015
Need more help? Click Here.