Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What star has or had the scariest fans?

Many celebrities have their admirers, but which crowd of fans would you least like to greet you when you step out of a limo?

by Anonymousreply 12105/24/2013

It has to be Chris Brown and Justin Bieber fans. They rationalize every bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 105/11/2013

Jimi Hendrix

Marvin Gaye

Luther Vandross

Bruce Springsteen

Jim Morrison

Janis Joplin

by Anonymousreply 205/11/2013

Was it One Direction fans that were wishing the death of a puppy on twitter awhile back?

by Anonymousreply 305/11/2013

Rush Limbaugh

by Anonymousreply 405/11/2013

Nicole Kidman and Christian Bale fans. Hate them.

"She should have had an Oscar nod for Margot at the Wedding". Kill me now.

Others: Mariah fans - perhaps I'm biased as a Vadge loon, but they ARE the living embodiment of the bots on here who reel off stats.

Jacko loons - obviously. They are the worst of all time though I know a couple of cool ones.

by Anonymousreply 505/11/2013

[quote]perhaps I'm biased as a Vadge loon

Well now if that isn't one of the oddest sentence fragments ever posted on DL.

by Anonymousreply 605/11/2013

Twilight fans

One Direction fans

Beliebers

by Anonymousreply 705/11/2013

Agree regarding Kidman fans.

Bieber. Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 805/11/2013

Bjork has scary fans.

by Anonymousreply 905/11/2013

R5 Christian Bale fans? He seems like an odd celebrity to attract fanatics.

by Anonymousreply 1005/11/2013

R6 as in critical Madonna fan. Even the hardcore fans call her Vadge at times anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1105/11/2013

Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 1205/11/2013

Meryl Streep. Barbra Streisand. Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 1305/11/2013

Joss Whedon's Browncoats

by Anonymousreply 1405/11/2013

R10 they go on and on about how he's the greatest actor, so when he was finally nominated then won the Oscar it was a nightmare of smugdom.

They also gave him a pass for that whole "we're done professionally" tantrum of course. I bet a good deal of them wouldn't care so much were it not for his looks.

by Anonymousreply 1505/11/2013

Scariest fans? Have you all not been paying attention to these threads? Heath Ledger owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1605/11/2013

Jesus of Nazareth

by Anonymousreply 1705/11/2013

I've been told that Stephen King has very loony fans whom he must be protected from constantly at his book signings and other public appearances.

by Anonymousreply 1805/11/2013

Barbra Streisand and Madonna have lots of very rabid fans, as this forum has demonstrated over the years. They go completely nuts if you say anything against their goddesses.

The weirdest I think I've ever heard of were the insane Clay Aiken fans, the "Claymates," when he was at the height of his popularity about ten years back. I remember they had organized this bizarre schedule on the internet to make sure that someone was praying for him (literally) every hour of every day. It was one of the most bizarre things I'd ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 1905/11/2013

Oh yes. Morrissey. Go to one of his concerts, look at the rush at the front row. Still happens to this day. I'm annoyed I never got his hand. The ones at the front ARE scary. There's this notorious fan who goes to every concert around the world and she runs his approved site.

It's delusional oldster ville now. They give him a pass for nearly anything, whatever subpar new release or reissue there is, whatever tedious controversial bigoted racist comments he makes to get attention.

Luckily there are some anonymous trolls on morrissey-solo.com to upset the apple cart - that's the reason Moz hates that site so much and banned the owner of it from attending his concerts. The site started in 1997 and was the only thing that kept his name out there in those wilderness years. Gratitude worthy of Prince or Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 2005/11/2013

Meryl's fans love her and make fun of her. I might say she has some of the scariest critics.

I am always frightened of tweener fans because they shriek and attack.

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2013

Amazing how the loons who arbitrarily attack actors/singers envision themselves as the sane ones while pretending that the "fans" are the "scary" ones.

by Anonymousreply 2205/11/2013

Which star has the scariest anti-fans?

Anyone want to start that thread?

Because what I've noticed around here, that it's the people that hate certain celebrities that are the most rabid.

by Anonymousreply 2305/11/2013

r22 = Babs loon

by Anonymousreply 2405/11/2013

The Claymates hands down. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 2505/11/2013

Rebecca Schaffer.

by Anonymousreply 2605/11/2013

Stephen: Sure you could. Look, here's one for you. He's a 5'10," hairy, weight-lifter who's into rare Renata Tebaldi tapes.

Mendy: Let me see that. Oh my God he is. Did you put this in?

Stephen: It's a big world we live in. Someone for everyone. Maybe he's nice. Why don't you call him?

Mendy: If he likes Tebaldi, I doubt it. They're a mean little bunch. It was a Tebaldi fan who threw that bunch of radishes at Maria at the first matinee of Norma. Tebaldi fans belong in a soccer stadium.

- Terrence McNally, The Lisbon Traviata

by Anonymousreply 2705/11/2013

There are always exceptions to the rule that give other fans a bad name, superbots. No wonder Mariah called her fans "lambs".

Like for Janet Jackson, most of her fans accept she had a good run but was ovah by 2002. They know the past decade hasn't exactly been good for her, to put it mildly. But they still like to hear about her, going to those concerts or take an interest in whatever she's up to.

The anti-fan is often arguing with the bot, when it's unprompted is interesting. Haters are better, it takes more energy to hate so it's hilarious when you see people get all worked up.

by Anonymousreply 2805/11/2013

R2, what is wrong with Luther fans, if you don't mind my asking? Just seems strange is all( can't really even imagine what his fans would be like).

by Anonymousreply 2905/11/2013

Gerard Butler Jenneifer Lawrence Ryan Gosling

by Anonymousreply 3005/11/2013

Don't mess with the Claymates!

by Anonymousreply 3105/11/2013

Anderson and Streep with Jennifer Lawrence fans making a big push.

by Anonymousreply 3205/11/2013

Are the Claymates more apt to be tops or bottoms?

by Anonymousreply 3305/11/2013

r29, his fans are just like the fans of the others listed in that post: sanctimonious twats who elevate mediocrity into superstardom and cultural deity, gushing on and on about the profound greatness of such artists.

by Anonymousreply 3405/11/2013

Easy!

Pat Priest!

by Anonymousreply 3505/11/2013

Dan Gilbert, the CEO of Quicken Loans, who believes he is the Saviour of Detroit. And his fans believe it too.

by Anonymousreply 3605/11/2013

Gurl please.

The title of this thread should've been "What star has the scariest fans besides Janet Jackson". Cause yall know Janbot takes the prize. Thread closed!

by Anonymousreply 3705/11/2013

That Aiken kid. Then he came out and they were all shot down.

by Anonymousreply 3805/11/2013

Britney Spears has scary fans. Those twinks and whorish girls worship her and flip if you say anything bad about her.

by Anonymousreply 3905/11/2013

There was a classic story that when Luther kicked En Vogue off his tour for lipsynching (believe it or not, they were also a visual act) they retaliated by scrawling "fag" all over his locker.

by Anonymousreply 4005/11/2013

Those New Kids On The Block fans are the scariest by far. A bunch of women in the 30's and 40's who literally spend thousands of dollars each time they tour, going to multiple shows desperate to relive their youth.

by Anonymousreply 4105/11/2013

Madonna fans are the male equivalent of that R41.

by Anonymousreply 4205/11/2013

Well at guess I have to say John Lennon.Nobody else's fans have ever killed them.John Hinckley tried to kill someone else.Well George Harrison.His fan tried to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 4305/11/2013

R43

If that's the criteria... then doesn't Charles Manson wins this hands down? I mean, he had people killing FOR him.

by Anonymousreply 4405/11/2013

Some of Clay Aiken's fans figured that he was gay and had no issues with him after he came out.

by Anonymousreply 4505/11/2013

Paul Sheldon

by Anonymousreply 4605/11/2013

[quote]Nobody else's fans have ever killed them.

I wish that were true.

by Anonymousreply 4705/11/2013

R17, I see your Jesus of Nazareth and I will raise you a Muhammad.

by Anonymousreply 4805/11/2013

I'd like to throw in Paltrow's fans.

Anyone that could possibly be a fan of hers has to be out of their fucking minds.

by Anonymousreply 4905/11/2013

Tim Curry. Seriously. Rocky Horror Fans / Stalkers. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 5005/11/2013

Michael t Weiss had a female stalker if I remember correctly she tried to break into his place.

by Anonymousreply 5105/11/2013

Taylor Swift.

Johnny Depp.

I know quite a few Johnny Depp fans who think anything with Johnny Depp in it is instantly "fabulous". Or at least it's:"that movie is rubbish, but Johnny is FABULOUS AS ALWAYS!" Oh stfu.

by Anonymousreply 5205/11/2013

[quote]Are the Claymates more apt to be tops or bottoms?

They are most likely to be mid-50s white, divorced, house fraus with 7 cats

by Anonymousreply 5305/11/2013

Jody Foster. Let's see how long it takes for someone to tell me I spelled her name wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5405/11/2013

R37 makes a good point

by Anonymousreply 5505/11/2013

Matt Bomer fans.

Meryl Streep fans.

Colton Haines fans.

All are obsessed, intolerant and shallow sheep, with delusions of superior taste.

by Anonymousreply 5605/11/2013

[quote]Nobody else's fans have ever killed them.

There was Selena, murdered by the president of her fan club.

There have also been a few people who have been murdered by crazed fans turned stalkers.

by Anonymousreply 5705/11/2013

Matt Bomer humping Colton Haynes while She-Devil is on is my dream evening!

by Anonymousreply 5805/11/2013

Theresa Saldana. Stabbed almost to death by a fan who was obsessed with her in Raging Bull.

by Anonymousreply 5905/11/2013

R43 really?

[quote]John Lennon.Nobody else's fans have ever killed them.

Tell that to Selena. Rebecca Shaeffer. Theresa Saldana. Dimebag Darrell.

by Anonymousreply 6005/11/2013

Scariest fans? That's easy, Sting. He's got a very odd bunch of loony bin worthy wealthy older women who travel all around the world to attend his gigs.

Years ago, when he added trumpet heart throb Chris Botti to his touring band, his wealthy female lunatic fans became even more rabid. These same women started to follow Chris Botti's own tours all over the world.

They all think they are friends with Sting and Botti. I guess this is the same modus operandi for any 'super fan' who has the time and money to follow their favorite musical performers all over the world. A friend was telling me about the fans who follow The Cure, they sounded as insane as Sting's fans.

by Anonymousreply 6105/11/2013

Dead on R39 her retard twink fans are the worst, bringing delusion to an art form.

On that note, anyone that condones Lindsay cause they think she's so fabulous and rule breaking. Not even Courtney Love fans would go there.

r49 that horrible laineygossip site is the only one I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 6205/12/2013

r61 - you're describing more what's commonly known as a groupie. They're usually the ones who follow their subject around and considers themselves to be friends with them. And if the opportunity arises, they'll sleep with them.

by Anonymousreply 6305/12/2013

Um, hello?

by Anonymousreply 6405/12/2013

Elijah Wood, back when he had fans.

by Anonymousreply 6505/12/2013

I've heard all six of Glenn's fans are actually very sweet and gracious people.

by Anonymousreply 6605/12/2013

I don't understand the constant misspelling of Jodie Foster's name as "Jody". She's been one of the most famous women in the world for decades now. Drives me nuts and I don't even like her.

by Anonymousreply 6705/12/2013

Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 6805/12/2013

Anderson Cooper.

Heath Ledger, if plurality doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 6905/12/2013

Jennifer Garner's fans will knife you in the nuts if you say she's manly.

by Anonymousreply 7005/12/2013

I'm the first to say Michael Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 7205/13/2013

Insane Clown Posse - with Juggulos

by Anonymousreply 7305/13/2013

I'm surprised no one has nominated the TwiTards yet. They have to be put behind barriers to be anywhere near Rob because of all the grabbing and trampling. I wouldn't want them after me.

by Anonymousreply 7405/13/2013

Liberace's fans were scary because they obeyed him. Back in the 60s Sid and Marty Krofft had a troupe of puppet chorus girls on the Dean Martin Show. Because they had opened for him and he liked them, Liberace instructed all the readers of his official newsletter to write to NBC and tell them how much they liked the puppets. NBC was inundated with thousands of letters of praise for the Kroffts. Unfortunately many of the Liberace fans couldn't resist adding how much they disliked that old lush, Dean Martin. Martin freaked out and fired the Kroffts, replacing them with a group of live showgirls who became famous as The Golddiggers.

by Anonymousreply 7505/13/2013

Michael Jackson fans, hands down. They truly believe that ghoulish pedophile moonwalked on water.

And they insist you believe it.

by Anonymousreply 7605/13/2013

John Lennon, Jodie Fostern and Selena.

by Anonymousreply 7705/13/2013

One of the creepiest things about Michael's fans is that he paid "extras" for some of his appearances (court and otherwise) and the fake ones acted just as crazy as the real ones.

by Anonymousreply 7805/13/2013

[quote][R5] Christian Bale fans? He seems like an odd celebrity to attract fanatics.

They call themselves Baleheads. I haven't heard much about them since he broke into the mainstream, but when he was an obscure British actor, they were one of the most active fan bases on the web. There were articles written about them as if an internet fan base were a new phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 7905/13/2013

Wentworth Miller

by Anonymousreply 8005/13/2013

Someone I used to know has become a famous actor. We lost touch when she went to Hollywood, and I feel like, if I were to contact her now, she'd just feel like I was some scary, creepy fan.

Yet, I'd like to get in touch with her and tell her how proud I am of her. I don't know what to do.

by Anonymousreply 8105/13/2013

R81, it really depends which one she is.

by Anonymousreply 8205/13/2013

R82 Nah.

I will tell you we talk about her here sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 8305/13/2013

JonBenet Ramsey

by Anonymousreply 8405/13/2013

Fucking Juggalos.

by Anonymousreply 8505/13/2013

Joe Paterno

by Anonymousreply 8605/13/2013

Not exactly a star because it's been dead for years, but Broadway theatre has some truly scary fans. One need only to read the obsessive postings by the notorious theatre queens in the DL theatre gossip threads to agree.

by Anonymousreply 8705/13/2013

Marilyn Manson his fans make him look like Ed Sullivan

by Anonymousreply 8805/14/2013

There's something a little scary about all rabid fans.

The most extreme ones I've seen in recent years are Michael Jackson's. They're so delusional it defies all logic.

Madge's, Janet's, Mariah's, Britney's, Bieber's, they're all pretty weird.

Let us not forget the Pran*!ng Pon@#s.

by Anonymousreply 8905/14/2013

[quote]Yet, I'd like to get in touch with her and tell her how proud I am of her.

Like she fucking cares.

by Anonymousreply 9005/14/2013

You're probably right, R90.

Now excuse me while I go and slash my wrists.

by Anonymousreply 9105/14/2013

Definitely Michael. I worked with him on This Is It, and those friggin' fans stalked me down on Facebook, leaving insane posts all the time.

by Anonymousreply 9205/14/2013

Michael Jackson's fans are as insane and delusional as he was.

by Anonymousreply 9305/14/2013

Scariest fans is a group of fans who aggressively putting down other celeb in order to make their favorite ones look perfect, and they are so insane they even dedicate huge amount of their lifetime on the hated one more than on that they favor.

by Anonymousreply 9405/14/2013

"[R61] - you're describing more what's commonly known as a groupie. They're usually the ones who follow their subject around and considers themselves to be friends with them. And if the opportunity arises, they'll sleep with them."

Umm, NO, these annoying old bats who follow Sting are not groupies. I worked in the music biz years ago, I am not new to the music scene. None of these women are groupies, well not in the true meaning of the word, maybe in the area of being delusional and thinking these famous musicians consider them friends, but that's where the term 'groupie' ends.

I know what groupies are. None of these old farts who follow Sting around would be considered actual groupies, groupies are usually desirable young women and men, these lunatics are mostly middle aged and older, most of them are obese women, they are fanatical fans who can stalk because they have the money to do so.

Sting, or anyone else in his band or entourage, even the roadies, wouldn't give any one of these middle aged fraus the time of day. Most of the old school groupies were attractive young women, usually very young and in many cases, the Led Zep groupies, very underage! Some of Sting's obsessive female fans are grandmothers.

One or two of these 'super fans; have permeated Sting's inner circle, mostly because they think they are up to his level because they are very wealthy, one is an heiress, she's not famous, no one would know who she is. Behind their backs, Sting laughs at their behaviour.

Chris Botti had one fat loon who would bake him these elaborate cakes and cookies. He'd end up giving most of that stuff away to his entourage or simply leave the baked goods at the venue. In front of this loon, he'd act as if he enjoyed these gifts. I guess these musicians have to act as if this behaviour is normal, because you never know when one of these super-fan stalkers will snap.

These types of over-the-top stalker fans, are a new subspecies of rock fan. They are usually wealthy women without husbands, partners or families, with way too much time and money on their hands, which gives them the ability to travel all over the world to follow the musicians they "love".

I also heard about a married couple who took an entire year off to follow Sting's tour all over the world. The average groupie cannot afford to do this unless they get an invite from a band member or from one of the band's entourage! The couple were nerdy trustafarians.

Actual groupies, the ones who followed rockers in the 60s and 70s, were not wealthy enough to pay for their own plane fare and hotel rooms like this new species of looney super fan/stalers are able to do. These crazy old coots even booked hotel rooms on the same floor as Sting's entourage! I wouldn't call them groupies, they are wealthy obsessed stalkers. Scary!!!

by Anonymousreply 9505/15/2013

One Direction Fans.

by Anonymousreply 9605/15/2013

Jesus christ, of all acts to follow around - Sting? What a waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 9705/15/2013

I don't imagine that Mariska Hargitay's fans are THE worst, but some of them are clearly in need of help. One famous one made up a brain tumour and had people bombarding the actress with tweets in a futile attempt to get attention. They then got someone else to tweet that the person died. It took a few weeks for these people to realize that it was all a lie. A common thing for some of her fans to say is that she "saved" them, as if she had pulled them from a burning building. Only last week they gave a real life friend of Haegitay, Wynonna Judd, a hard time for telling them that they were disrespectful by calling her by a nickname that her friends use. A few of them thought that having met her on set, or donating to her charity, was comparable to having spent 40+ years as a close friend.

by Anonymousreply 9905/15/2013

Adam Lambert fans aka glamberts.

by Anonymousreply 10005/15/2013

The lowest of the low:

Michael Jackson fans. They will never see him for what he really was. A fuckin' FREAK.

The Penn State/Joe Paterno loonies. These people are insane. They love to harrass Sara Ganim on twitter - if you follow her twitter feed you will see how loony they are.

Jensen/Jared/Supernatural fans. Just deranged.

by Anonymousreply 10105/15/2013

[quote]I also heard about a married couple who took an entire year off to follow Sting's tour all over the world.

I could think of worst things to do then follow a favorite band around on tour. When I was younger I thought it would be the ideal thing to do.

Now that I have the means and the time it doesn't sound so appealing.

by Anonymousreply 10205/15/2013

David Letterman had at least one looney fan.

by Anonymousreply 10305/15/2013

Anderson Cooper

If someone mentions he wore argyle socks while riding his bike, one of his loony fans at DL will claim why they think he was wearing those socks and claim that he's probably going to buy Ben some argyle socks so their outfits match when they ride their bikes together.

AC has a lot of normal fans, but the loony ones all flocked to DL.

by Anonymousreply 10405/15/2013

George Takei.

There are a lot of crazy ass trekkies.

by Anonymousreply 10505/19/2013

R14, I think all Joss Whedon fans are labeled as crazy.

The sad thing is that some of us are actually sane.

by Anonymousreply 10605/19/2013

r105, that doesn't surprise me about Takei - people attached to a popular sci-fi tv show or movie franchise tends to attract loonies.

I am friends with an actor who is maybe D-list at best whose only claim to fame (if you can call it that) is having a recurring role on a sci-fi show with a lot of crazy fans. He even had a stalker at one point (it was a deranged fangurl who wanted to marry him so I guess she didn't get the memo that he is gay)

by Anonymousreply 10705/19/2013

Jensen Ackles owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 10805/19/2013

Mohammed

Jesus

Mrs. Norman Maine

by Anonymousreply 10905/19/2013

Yeah, I used to really like Whedon's shows, but his apologist fans have really turned me off them. Same goes for the bitter nerds OBSESSED with Community. It's made me not want to watch it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11005/19/2013

Clay Aiken

by Anonymousreply 11105/19/2013

Angelina JOlie's fans seem to believe that the only people who dislike her are an organized contingent of Jennifer Aniston fans.

Imagine how out of tough you have to be, to believe that Jennifer Aniston still has fans!

by Anonymousreply 11205/19/2013

r101...why do they harass her? Did she break the story?

by Anonymousreply 11305/19/2013

Hey 101 Michael was cleared because every witness against him was proven to be crooked but I still John Lennon had the scariest and Jodie Foster!Well sodid The Beach Boys.They had Charles Manson and he wrote some good songs!If only they'd recorded him!Those idiots!All those peoplemight still be alive!I loved "Look At Your Game Girl".

by Anonymousreply 11405/22/2013

"Hey 101 Michael was cleared because every witness against him was proven to be crooked"

Only in the imagination of Michael's fans. Like OJ, he got off because he was a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 11505/22/2013

[quote]Behind their backs, Sting laughs at their behaviour.

{snort] I think these days pretty much everyone is laughing at moldy old Sting.

You sound like a stalker yourself, R95. You know way too much about that old geezer and his doings.

BTW--you're pretty gross and creepy talking about how "desirable" underaged girls are as fans.

by Anonymousreply 11605/22/2013

Roseanne. Anybody who would support her running for president and throw their vote away in such a critical election is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 11705/22/2013

R110, Can you please tell me why anyone would be interested in a show like community??

It's not funny and It's been on for way too long.

Last time I checked, you graduate from CC in 2 years.

Not 4 or 5.

by Anonymousreply 11805/24/2013

Nobody beats the Twihards. Nobody. You should see the meltdown they are currently in as they try to cope with the news that their real life Edward and Bella have broken up. Somebody is either going to kill Kstew or Rpatz or off themselves.

by Anonymousreply 11905/24/2013

Has anyone been on any one of the three Jeremy Renner's Baby threads? We are done here.

by Anonymousreply 12005/24/2013

Jesus Christ and his dad God

by Anonymousreply 12105/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.