Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

ABC Cancels Body of Proof, 4 Others; Renewals Include Castle, Revenge, Suburgatory, Nashville

Taking a better-late-than-never approach, ABC has officially renewed nearly a dozen shows for the 2013-14 TV season, including rookie drama Nashville and established hits Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Revenge, The Middle, Modern Family, Castle (for, contrary to rumors, one and not two more seasons) and Once Upon a Time.

Sophomore bubble comedies Suburgatory and Last Man Standing also have been picked up.

On the cancellation front, Malibu Country, Body of Proof, How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life), Red Widow and Happy Endings have been axed (full story on H.E.‘s demise here).

The fate of freshman sitcoms The Neighbors and Family Tools is TBD.

TVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has been updated.

Link goes to Scorecard.

by Anonymousreply 6505/14/2014

This article says "Family Tools" has been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 105/11/2013

Suburgatory is likely THE most underrated program on television I think, and I'm not a big TV watcher at all.

It's silly, campy and has hysterical moments, usually involving either skeletal faced Cheryl Hines or the girl who plays her daughter, Dahlia.

You bitches should give it a try if you haven't already. It's mindless fun for an otherwise boring Wednesday night after work. At least for those of us not glued to reality shit TV.

by Anonymousreply 205/11/2013

LOL R1! Didn't that Family Tools crap only air once? After I kept seeing previews for it, there's no way I was going to tune in. It looked like a Tim Allen/early 80s sitcom wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 305/11/2013

[quote]Malibu Country, Body of Proof, How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life), Red Widow and Happy Endings have been axed

Honest to God, I have never even heard of any of those shows, much less watched them.

by Anonymousreply 405/11/2013

Malibu was pretty funny. I thought Reba and Lily worked well together.

by Anonymousreply 505/11/2013

Malibu Country was a decent show, with a good cast. But the ratings were lacklustre, even for a Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 605/11/2013

The only ABC shows I watch are nightly news with Diane Sawyer and The Middle.

by Anonymousreply 705/11/2013

It seems like all the networks are cancelling a lot of shows. More than usual.

ABC might be closer to normal, but NBC cancelled a fuckload of shows.

by Anonymousreply 805/11/2013

Kyle Bornheimer just can't catch a break, can he?

by Anonymousreply 905/11/2013

R9 I don't know if he's just waiting for his "Friends" (they were all in shitty shows before - and since - hello Matthew Perry) or whether he's the new Ted McGinley.

by Anonymousreply 1005/11/2013

Poor adorable fit-fat doughboy Kyle Bornheimer is TV POISON.

by Anonymousreply 1105/11/2013

"Family Tools" is cancelled, and J.K. Simmons already has a new sitcom for NBC.

Law & Order, Oz, The Closer, the Farmer's Insurance commercials... this man never stops working.

by Anonymousreply 1205/11/2013

I love Kyle Bornheimer.

by Anonymousreply 1305/11/2013

I also loved Suburgatory and am sad to see it go. Particulalrly as we were just seeing Dahlia`s infatuation with the father.

by Anonymousreply 1405/11/2013

Tim Allen's piece of shit stays as well as Shar Tank, yet Reba in the middle gets canned. Sumpin' ain't right about that.

by Anonymousreply 1505/11/2013

Suburgatory is staying. Happy Endings, the best non-cable comedy, was cancelled. There is no God.

by Anonymousreply 1605/11/2013

Suburgatory is so bad, I stopped watching the entire ABC comedy block that night. I don't turn the TV on until Nashville comes on at 10 (when it comes on).

by Anonymousreply 1705/11/2013

I've watched every shitty show Kyle Bornheimer has done - and there have a LOT - because I think he's adorable. But "Family Tools" was especially awful. Maybe he needs a new agent.

by Anonymousreply 1805/11/2013

R7 - Textbook DL frau

by Anonymousreply 1905/11/2013

R14-can you read? Suburgatory is not cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2005/11/2013

R20 I wish.

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2013

Wow. I didn't watch a single ABC show cancelled or renewed. I haven't even heard of the shows that were cancelled. I dropped Revenge after the first season and never got around to Nashville.

by Anonymousreply 2205/11/2013

Don't you bitches have anything to do other than watch TV?

And ABC, no less...

by Anonymousreply 2305/11/2013

[quote]Don't you bitches have anything to do other than watch TV?

Well, there is Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2405/11/2013

[quote]I also loved Suburgatory and am sad to see it go. Particulalrly as we were just seeing Dahlia`s infatuation with the father

It wasn't cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2505/11/2013

You should watch Nashville, R22. It gets better and better. and now there's a gay character too!

by Anonymousreply 2605/11/2013

R1 Good. I can't stand that Leah bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2705/11/2013

R26 I've loved Nashville from the first episode. I just hope they don't get rid of the gay hunk the way they did Gunnar's brother and the football player. I could have watched their shirtless selves for many more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2805/11/2013

The networks seem to be cleaning house this season, even getting rid if series that have been hanging in by a thread for a season or three. I was surprised at How to Live With Your Parents, which didn't too that badly. The rest aren't so surprising. I will mourn Happy Endings if it doesn't go to cable.

by Anonymousreply 2905/11/2013

r4 I'm probably even worse than you. I haven't watched any network prime time shows in years. I just stick to cable: Travel Channel, Food Network, HBO, TCM, MSNBC, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3005/11/2013

[quote]I've loved Nashville from the first episode. I just hope they don't get rid of the gay hunk the way they did Gunnar's brother and the football player. I could have watched their shirtless selves for many more episodes.

I'm intrigued as to why Gunnar hasn't told Scarlett about Will making a move on him yet. Why hold back? Unless Gunnar is questioning his own sexuality. Which, in my perverted little mind, is exactly what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 3105/11/2013

That's what I'm hoping for, too, R31, but Gunnar sure did seem to be in love with Scarlett, at least until he moved in.

by Anonymousreply 3205/11/2013

[quote][R4] I'm probably even worse than you. I haven't watched any network prime time shows in years. I just stick to cable: Travel Channel, Food Network, HBO, TCM, MSNBC, etc.

I don't watch much network television either, but the point I was trying to make is that I honestly have never heard of any of the shows I quoted.

Somehow the American Broadcasting Company, a division of Disney, completely failed to reach me with whatever marketing they did for those shows.

I'm on the internet, I follow gossip, I watch some late night talk shows,and I think I'm probably more aware than the average viewer. If they never reached me in a season, what hope to they have of connecting with Grandma in Topeka?

by Anonymousreply 3305/11/2013

I stopped watching Suburgatory a year ago when I couldn't stand to listen to another self-righteous voiceover by that cunty Emma Stone clone. And I wanted to watch Family Tools just because I think Kyle Bornheimer is sexy as hell, but the premise was too painful for me to attempt that. Did he ever go shirtless on it?

by Anonymousreply 3405/11/2013

I've liked The Middle from the get-go, but the writers have crapped out a buttload of dull episodes this season.

I like Suburgatory too. Dallas and Dahlia are the only funny characters though.

I hope The Neighbors returns although IMO, Jamie Gertz and her Fred Flintstone husband drag the show down.

by Anonymousreply 3505/11/2013

Wait, Suburgatory was Cancelled????

by Anonymousreply 3605/11/2013

I like Suburgatory too. And as funny as Dallas and Dalia are, I find the funniest character to be Lisa Shay (Aliie Grant). She doesn't necessarily get the funniest lines, but her delivery is so off-kilter, I can't help but laugh.

"Wanna cig? When in Rome, am I right?"

by Anonymousreply 3705/11/2013

I don't watch many shows, but I've seen the commercials for that Body of Proof, and even those annoyed me. I'm glad it was axed.

But I'm happy that Suburgatory was spared. I don't watch it that often. I just like knowing that sexy ass Jeremy Sisto is on TV.

by Anonymousreply 3805/11/2013

[quote]You bitches should give it a try if you haven't already. It's mindless fun for an otherwise boring Wednesday night after work. At least for those of us not glued to reality shit TV.

Well smell you r2!

by Anonymousreply 3905/11/2013

I love Dana Delany, but her show had structural problems.

by Anonymousreply 4005/11/2013

as does Cheryl Hines' face....but that was renewed...what gives?

by Anonymousreply 4105/11/2013

Isn't Hines shacking up with a Kennedy?

by Anonymousreply 4205/11/2013

Kyle needs someone to kick his wounds after this latest humiliation from ABC. I'm available, Kyle, call me.

by Anonymousreply 4305/11/2013

[quote]Wait, Suburgatory was Cancelled????

No, which is why the article states it was picked up.

by Anonymousreply 4405/11/2013

[quote]Isn't Hines shacking up with a Kennedy?

yes. The one whose wife killed herself.

Cheryl is a home wrecker!!! Proving Dl's theory that all Cheryl's are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 4505/11/2013

R36 was joking, R44, because so many posters felt the need to point out Suburgatory wasn't cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 4605/11/2013

I hate Suburgatory, I wish it had been cancelled. I liked Body of Proof the first season, but this season hasn't been good at all.

by Anonymousreply 4705/11/2013

[quote]I hate Suburgatory, I wish it had been cancelled.

Why, you too stupid to change the channel?

by Anonymousreply 4805/11/2013

Rebel Wilson's new show, Super Fun Night, is supposed to be god-awful, but was picked up by ABC anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4905/11/2013

Rebel Wilson's pilot will be reshot. It was only picked up because of her name.

by Anonymousreply 5005/11/2013

I loved Happy Endings. Very sorry to see it go. Of course, when ABC relegated it to Friday nights, it was as good as dead anyway.

Maybe a cable channel will pick it up. Extremely clever writing.

by Anonymousreply 5105/11/2013

Trailers for ABC's new shows:

by Anonymousreply 5205/15/2013

Trailers for NBC's new shows:

by Anonymousreply 5305/15/2013

Trailers for FOX's new shows:

by Anonymousreply 5405/15/2013

Trailers for CBS's new shows:

by Anonymousreply 5505/15/2013

that Micheal J Fox show on NBC looks awful. I've been politely ignoring his Parkinson shakes for all these years and now you want me to laugh at them?

No.

by Anonymousreply 5605/15/2013

Too bad about Body of Proof, but not unexpected.

Nothing yummier than Jeri Ryan, but she was wasted in the faux-hatred with Dana Delaney.

And Dana seemed to brittle and pissed off all the time to be likeable.

The murders were lame, too....

by Anonymousreply 5705/15/2013

I like Mark Valley, but he is also a kind of kiss of death of any show he joins.

by Anonymousreply 5805/15/2013

And I'm telling you now, R56, whether he deserves it or not, he WILL win the Emmy for lead actor in a comedy series next year.

by Anonymousreply 5905/15/2013

Watched every minute of Revenge the first season and now have given up on it...shame...

by Anonymousreply 6005/15/2013

Actually r59 Fox has lost three Emmy races in the last two years....sympathy only gets you so far....

by Anonymousreply 6105/15/2013

R60 the season finale of Revenge was really good...

by Anonymousreply 6205/15/2013

Blair Underwood in Ironside looks HAWT! Too bad about the bland good-looking white people who are supposed to be his "team."

by Anonymousreply 6305/16/2013

Trailers for CW's new shows:

by Anonymousreply 6405/16/2013

Just watched the final episode of Suburgatory. Man, I can't believe that's how it ended, with Tessa and Ryan hooking up. I wonder how they would have picked things up in the next season...

by Anonymousreply 6505/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.