Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Congressman Mark Sanford Opens Up About Meditation Practice, Buddhism

The Republican Congressman told Yahoo! News that he began studying meditation three years ago after his term as Governor ended, while spending time at his family's rural farmhouse. He still keeps up the practice today.

by Anonymousreply 1005/14/2013

Buddhists are usually bitches I've noticed. All that inner peace drives them crazy.

by Anonymousreply 105/10/2013

The Buddhists I know are all a bit delusional. By that I mean they seem to have highly compartmentalized lives where some compartments are full of "love and light!", while all of the others go right to hell. Weird, and almost always VERY think skinned!

by Anonymousreply 205/11/2013

Did he talk this openly about Buddhism on the campaign stump in SC? Yeah, sure he did.

Can't imagine that going over too well. Fucking craven opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 305/11/2013

[quote]Buddhists are usually bitches I've noticed. All that inner peace drives them crazy.

I've noticed this too. I think it's because they're constantly forcing themselves to "be peaceful" even when they don't truly feel that way. It's unrealistic to be peaceful non-stop in today's chaotic world.

by Anonymousreply 405/11/2013

R2 I'm a Buddhist, and you're right many of us are indeed "think skinned". Oh dear, that makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 505/11/2013

Lol. Oops, I wrote "think skinned", and I'm just noticing it. Well, I'm glad you laughed....and weren't offended like those other think skinned Buddhists!

by Anonymousreply 605/14/2013

Buddhism, my ass. Mark Sanford is practicing Bootyism and he's found 'piece'.

by Anonymousreply 705/14/2013

That bitch cheated and lied. He went hiking on the Appalachian Trail via Argentina and still got elected. The people of South Carolina are screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 805/14/2013

If he'd dare say this before the campaign, it might have shaved a point or two off his victory.

by Anonymousreply 905/14/2013

"during" not "before":

by Anonymousreply 1005/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!