Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Classic rock fans will enjoy this

Mick Jagger was interviewed by Rolling Stone editor Jann Wenner in the mid-90s and it remains one of the most candid interviews he's ever done. Interesting perspective on Hendrix, the Beatles, Keith Richards' influences (Chuck Berry especially), and more.

by Bill Why? Manreply 505/14/2013

Thank you, OP. I blew it off at first because of how long ago it was recorded, but am so glad I revisited the link. The audio makes it so evident Jagger was comfortable with Jann. It feels revelatory even though it was almost 20 years ago. Thanks again.

by Bill Why? Manreply 105/10/2013

Great interview. Jagger is very good at dodging things or making light or giving some sort of shallow agreement in a lot of interviews. But he is comfortable with Wenner, enough that he actually discusses some of this stuff. It's like he's really making an effort.

by Bill Why? Manreply 205/11/2013

I didn't know Elton John was bulimic.

by Bill Why? Manreply 305/11/2013

Why was Keith Richards such a jerk to MJagger in his biography when Jagger basically carried the band for seven years while Richards was a huge druggie.

by Bill Why? Manreply 405/13/2013

Jagger is far from from perfect, but I agree with r4. The stuff Richards wrote in that book (Penis size? Really?) was just uncalled for. Mick has an amazing work ethic (and is the most underrated songwriter of all time).

by Bill Why? Manreply 505/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!