Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER

It's about to start on HBO.

I'm feeling like not tuning in because I'm tired of his "balance," which last week (or the one before) consisted of two Republican scumbags on his panel.

Why is his show so lackluster?

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2013

I've lost interest, too. I'm debating whether to watch because Zachary Quinto is on but I could just as well be happy with GoT re-runs and Dexter season 6 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 105/10/2013

Maher doesn't seem very invested anymore. He doesn't call out the lies like he should and cedes far too much ground to the conservative voices in the interest of "fairness." And I hate how he cuts every debate (good or bad) short for the stupid comedy segment in the middle of the show. If a topic is interesting and eliciting a good discussion, kill that shit and keep talking!

by Anonymousreply 205/10/2013

Any free links to this?

by Anonymousreply 305/10/2013

It seems like all the guests are on the left this week.

Joy Reid is on the panel.

by Anonymousreply 405/10/2013

LOVE Joy Reid. Always glad to see her on any panel anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 505/10/2013

Fuck Greenwald and his Benghazi bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 605/10/2013

Zachary is a smart guy but I don't like his looks or the way he dresses.

by Anonymousreply 705/10/2013

Zachary is very unfortunate looking. Hope the hair was for the movie because it's just ugh .. he's got cro magnon brow.

by Anonymousreply 805/10/2013

He does have an odd face.

by Anonymousreply 905/10/2013

During last years election, I watched every political talking head show: Bill Maher, Meet the Press, Rachel M , etc.

By the time the election was over, I was completly burnt out watching.

The only show I still sometimes watch is Rachel M

by Anonymousreply 1005/10/2013

Glenn Greenwald is offically so far left, he's circled back around to the right.

by Anonymousreply 1105/10/2013

I was thinking the same thing R11.

And re Zachary - after having watched him tonight (including on the Overtime aftershow) and on Bravo's Watch What Happens, I'm liking him more and more.

by Anonymousreply 1205/10/2013

I thought Zachary was very well spoken and impressive. More than just a pretty face with an ugly haircut.

by Anonymousreply 1305/10/2013

That show Bill Maher did with Clive Davis was very awkward. I hate that old queen Davis, the Harvey Weinstein of the music biz.

by Anonymousreply 1405/10/2013

Maher masturbates before the opening of the show. This is documented somewhere. I don't feel like Googling it, but he said he had a special pillow and everything.

Little wonder he's so laid-back. He even tolerates Ann Coulter, a near-impossible feat for anyone who has even the slightest hint of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 1505/10/2013

Yuck R15!

by Anonymousreply 1605/11/2013

I am a straight woman, but I would watch Rachel every night if she was reading nursery rhymes. I get where some of you guys are coming from re: Bill Maher, but I haven't missed a show since he was on ABC, and I still find him informative and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 1705/11/2013

Maher is still a much better option than the yelling and (overly, compared to Maher) sanctimonious Jon Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 1805/11/2013

link for poor people without HBO?

by Anonymousreply 1905/11/2013

[quote]Glenn Greenwald is offically so far left, he's circled back around to the right.

Perfect description of him. He's become so well versed in every inequity, that he's become absolutely insufferable. I used to love him, but he's become the political equivalent of a DL grammer troll

This weeks rightwing fucktard didn't get to say much, just enough to be a fucktard though

by Anonymousreply 2005/11/2013

Zachary sounds intelligent. He seems like a regular guy. But yes that hair cut is unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.