Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Neighbor 'goes nuts,' destroys several homes with bulldozer

PORT ANGELES, Wash. -- Witnesses say a man upset with his neighbors went on a rampage with a bulldozer-like piece of logging machinery in a Port Angeles neighborhood, damaging four homes and knocking out power to thousands of people.

The Clallam County Sheriff's Office says it does not appear that anyone was injured during the incident that happened just after noon Friday along Pioneer Road.

Barry Alan Swegle was booked into the Clallam County Jail for investigation of malicious mischief following the incident Friday. A voice mail message left at a phone listing for the 51-year-old was not immediately returned.

Keith Haynes lives near one of the damaged homes and told the Peninsula Daily News the man took a piece of logging equipment called a skidder and "just went nuts."

Haynes said a woman inside one of the homes escaped unharmed, and the other home was unoccupied. Haynes said the houses were demolished.

Haynes said a new Ford truck also was damaged in the incident.

“It was like a war zone,” Haynes, a former law enforcement officer who has lived in that neighborhood for two years, told the paper.

The Clallam County Public Utility District said one of its utility poles was also knocked down, cutting power to thousands of customers shortly after noon. Most of those had their power restored by the early afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 105/10/2013

[quote]took a piece of logging equipment called a skidder

Any marks?

by Anonymousreply 205/10/2013

You're hysterical, R2. Just hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 305/10/2013

They should nail him to the pavement and take turns driving over him in a bulldozer.

by Anonymousreply 405/10/2013

I've got to up my game.

by Anonymousreply 505/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 605/11/2013

There will be more and more reports like this. People are fed up and past the point of being able to contain their anger and frustrations.

Be careful who you mouth off to. Refrain from being snotty and condescending to strangers and acquaintances.

by Anonymousreply 705/11/2013

R7 It's usually heterosexual males who do this stuff. Heterosexual males have a high revenge drive. Add to it the socialization and support by society for violence and you get heterosexual males acting out.

by Anonymousreply 805/11/2013

This man is my hero. I HATE housing developments! We don't need any more of them, or strip malls, or "research parks." In 20 years, the squalling, nasty parasitic offspring who are born today won't know that wildlife or unspoiled terrain ever existed.

by Anonymousreply 905/11/2013

R8. That is probably one off the most odd posts this week.

by Anonymousreply 1005/11/2013

[quote]Heterosexual males have a high revenge drive.

Oh honey, Hell Hath No Fury Like an Old Queen Scorned...

by Anonymousreply 1105/11/2013

Another crazy white man with his machines.

by Anonymousreply 1205/11/2013

If the neighbors had been armed with bulldozers, this would have never happened.

by Anonymousreply 1305/11/2013

The real tragedy here is a new Ford Truck was damaged in the incident. Those trucks are some sweet stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1405/11/2013

Left Eye Lisa Lopes did it better.

by Anonymousreply 1505/11/2013

Another straight male strikes.

by Anonymousreply 1605/11/2013

Men are unstable and crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1705/11/2013

[quote]Men are unstable and crazy

Lesbians set the bar for stability and sanity, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 1805/11/2013

"Lesbians set the bar for stability and sanity, don't they?"

I don't think the Boston bombers where lesbians. Neither is Ariel Castro. The Aurora shooter wasn't a dyke nor was the loon who shot Gifford. Adam Lanza wasn't a gay woman nor was Anders Breivik. I couldn't go on like this but I think you'll get my point.

by Anonymousreply 1905/11/2013

Lesbians are unstable and insane in every facet of their daily life, where you have pointed out exceptions to the rule for men.

Go to a UHaul store, michfest, and a lesbian bar and see what you think.

by Anonymousreply 2005/11/2013

It was probably a backhoe, that's how unsophisticated the neighbors were.

by Anonymousreply 2105/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!