Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

finding threads

Can someone please explain to me how I can find an old thread? When I click on it it either gives be a blank page with "back" or a Google Search Bar - I hate google!

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 705/10/2013

DL no longer has a proper search function. It relies on Google which was an improvement on the search function that was there a couple of years prior to that which didn't work at all. They may as well not even had a search function. Prior to the busted version, DL had a functional search function. Resorting to Google was essentially putting hands up in surrender; DL search was not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 105/10/2013

What's wrong with using Google?

by Anonymousreply 205/10/2013

Google, in addition to being evil, has also contributed to the freeper and frau invasion here.

Many actor name searches return DL results in the first few pages.

by Anonymousreply 305/10/2013

But Google would bring in people regardless of whether DL uses it internally.

by Anonymousreply 405/10/2013

r4, my thinking was the core group using it here would affect the search results to bump up the profile.

I'm not web savvy, so I could be wrong.

I definitely noticed the timing correlation, though.

by Anonymousreply 505/10/2013

Don't hate Google. It's the only way. I do it like "datalounge + insert celeb name". I think the first result and auutocomplete is "datalounge matt bomer". Quelle surprise.

However trying to find broader topics beyond which ever hot celeb you're looking for is difficult. Obviously millions of results come up. Maybe try advanced google search and be more specific, but out of laziness I haven't done that for a while.

I don't know what happens to the threads that go past 600. It's in a cloud I remember reading, hence some crashes.

by Anonymousreply 605/10/2013

That link didn't work. To get it, and the only way to get your thread since it's so common is put in datalounge "finding threads" verbatim, no quotes on datalounge, only finding threads.

by Anonymousreply 705/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.