Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Randy Jackson Leaving "American Idol."

He claims it's voluntary, but I'll bet he was pushed.

by Anonymousreply 7105/12/2013

yo, dawg. yo, dawg. we don't believe you, dawg. you're just trying to save face, dawg.

by Anonymousreply 105/09/2013

He totally Tim Meadow'd his welcome.

by Anonymousreply 205/09/2013

I'm sorry, but who?

by Anonymousreply 305/09/2013

That means that Latoya will have to share the unemployment couch at The Jacksons' mansion now.......

by Anonymousreply 405/09/2013

He was always my least favourite.

by Anonymousreply 505/09/2013

Word is that they're scrapping the ENTIRE panel and nobody will be back because Fox is pissed at all the money they spent on Minaj and Carey only to get ratings that are their worst of all time for the show.

So yeah, he's just saving face.

by Anonymousreply 605/09/2013

Keith Urban's been fine as a judge. Gorgeous eyes. Are they dumping him too?

by Anonymousreply 705/09/2013

The rumour I heard was that they're keeping Urban and trying to pull Justin and Selena in for at least 1 season to get the ratings back up.

by Anonymousreply 805/09/2013

I'll miss Randy. He's actually a pretty good judge, and he's one of the originals. The show won't be the same.

FOX is on a rampage, though, because they are going nuclear on the judging panel, and also insisted that JLo is not coming back, because they want 'NO MORE DIVAS WITH MILLION DOLLAR SALARIES.'

When the show started out, Simon and Ryan Seacrest were virtual unknowns, Randy was a washed up band member, and Paula was a has-been singer/dancer.

And look how well that worked out. They should stick to that formula.

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013

The show's ratings decline worse every season for the last 5 or so, right? I'm surprised they spent that much money on Minaj and Carey, and I'm surprised Minaj's people weren't concerned that being on AI would her real estate value. She's pretty popular. Carey, well her star is sinking slightly but she has such an impressive body of work.

by Anonymousreply 1105/09/2013

Wait. That show is still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 1205/09/2013

Rats; ship; sinking.

by Anonymousreply 1305/09/2013

Uh-oh, Seacrest gonna hafta beard up again.

by Anonymousreply 1405/09/2013

I read yesterday that a 4 judges and executive producer were all to be fired.

by Anonymousreply 1505/09/2013

They should get rid of that skeevy british dancing guy.

by Anonymousreply 1605/09/2013

[quote] I read yesterday that a 4 judges and executive producer were all to be fired.

Nigel Lythgoe is gone, as well. I always thought he created the show. If he's getting fired, then you know that FOX is pissed.

by Anonymousreply 1705/09/2013

You won't miss Jackson if you're nasty.

by Anonymousreply 1805/09/2013

Rumor is all the current judges are gone

by Anonymousreply 1905/09/2013

Simon always said Randy was one of his dear friends.

by Anonymousreply 2005/09/2013

Randy is a stupid retard.

Never contributed anything worthwhile.

Maybe he can devote his retirement to growing the fuck up and stop talking like a 15 year-old.

by Anonymousreply 2105/09/2013

[quote] Simon always said Randy was one of his dear friends.

Randy seems like a jovial, likeable guy. He and Ryan seem close also.

Speaking of which, is Ryan Seacrest the only one who will survive the bloodbath?

He must be fucking some exec at FOX.

by Anonymousreply 2205/09/2013

Poor Nicole Kidman. Her gay husband fired after one season.

by Anonymousreply 2305/09/2013

[quote] Poor Nicole Kidman. Her gay husband fired after one season.

He's not gay. He's British! Er, rather, Australian!

by Anonymousreply 2405/09/2013

gay for pay

by Anonymousreply 2505/09/2013

[quote]When the show started out, Simon and Ryan Seacrest were virtual unknowns, Randy was a washed up band member, and Paula was a has-been singer/dancer.

by Anonymousreply 2605/09/2013

That is great! AI was hard enough to watch but when Randy opened his dawg! I couldn't stand it anymore.

They should bring back Paula and Keith Urban or see if they could get some one like Missy Elliot or Pharell or Ron Fair. Ron is older but when Xtina first hit the scene he produced and wrote for her. Or maybe a producer like Don Was.

Or how about Alanis, Missy, Pharell and Keith.

I'd be happy if they stayed away from anybody like Dionne or Gladys.

by Anonymousreply 2705/09/2013

[bold]Insider: 'American Idol' to Axe All 4 Judges as Part of Massive Makeover (Exclusive)[/bold]

"American Idol" is going nuclear for Season 13.

None of the four judges on the singing competition will be asked to return next season, an individual with knowledge of Fox's plans told The Wrap. Longtime producer Nigel Lythgoe is expected to get the boot. And despite reports to the contrary, Fox isn't even considering bringing former judge Jennifer Lopez back as a lifesaver for next season.

Like we said: nuclear.

"All four are gone," the insider told TheWrap. "They feel they've lost their core audience and they want it back."

by Anonymousreply 2805/09/2013

[quote] Bitch.

[quote] by: Brian Dunkelman

Waiter? Bring me another martini, and don't forget the twist of lime this time. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2905/09/2013

New judges expected to be:

Janet Jackson

Lady Gaga

by Anonymousreply 3005/09/2013

That would be pretty cool if they got Cher. Although I don't know that any young singer would give a fuck, she'd be great on a panel though.

by Anonymousreply 3105/09/2013

The first Judge they should hire is Anne Robinson.

by Anonymousreply 3205/09/2013

I agree that Cher and Pharell would be great on the panel. For some reason Cyndi Lauper comes to mind as well.

Madonna!?! JFC NO! Keep that fucking hag off of prime time!

by Anonymousreply 3305/09/2013

More likely Jennifer Lopez, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, and Queen Latifah.

by Anonymousreply 3405/09/2013

I keep hearing Harry Connick, because he was a good guest mentor a couple of seasons ago.

by Anonymousreply 3505/09/2013

I think FOX has finally noticed that the VOICE keeps trouncing them in the ratings because it's a more interesting show. The judges on TV actually have something to say. They are actually coaches as well as judges so they must actually contribute something worthwhile to the show rather than just sitting there like idiots and stammering and hemming and hawing and not saying ANYTHING like the judges on IDOL do. The show has become an embarrassment. Like him or hate him, Cowell always had intelligent comments to make.

by Anonymousreply 3605/09/2013

[quote]Like him or hate him, Cowell always had intelligent comments to make.

I disagree. Simon knows very little about music, just what sells. He follows trends, he doesn't set them. His comments were often uninformed and tin-eared. But at least he was willing to give contestants some tough love.

AI was on the right track with Keith Urban (whose music I don't personally like), who at least knows music/music history and is a fine musician. They made serious missteps with Nicki & Mariah, and in not canning Randy seasons ago.

by Anonymousreply 3705/09/2013

R35, Harry Connick Jr was the mentor LAST WEEK too.

by Anonymousreply 3805/09/2013

R38 Sorry, I haven't watched for the past few years.

by Anonymousreply 3905/09/2013

[quote] Simon knows very little about music, just what sells.

Well, since the show is about what sells and not music, this works out quite well for him

by Anonymousreply 4005/09/2013

Well I hope they stay away from the no talents like Minaj who had no business judging anyone else's talent. Why not Kelly Clarkson & Clay Aiken?

by Anonymousreply 4105/09/2013

There lies the problem r40. The show, like THE VOICE should really be about the music and not sells, regardless of how the music industry rolls. AI had the platform to make a difference of sorts and Nigel, Simon, etc. wasted it. Hopefully with Nigel Lythgoe's exit, which is far more significant and helpful to the show getting on new and better footing than the judges' firing.

by Anonymousreply 4205/09/2013

Nigel Lythgoe was stupid. He created this mess. Last month he gave in interview where he gave hints that he wanted Carey gone but Minaj should return. Those two divas were a toxic mess. I'm glad Fox blew up and is going nuclear on the whole thing.

The finale is going to be pretty awkward.

by Anonymousreply 4305/09/2013

I totally agree r43! I was actually and pleasantly surprised that Candice Glover, clearly the most talented singer this season was sent to the finals and facing, another shocker, Kree. Angie totally fit that mode that Nigel's narrow minded ugly ass tend to go for; all flash and little substance.

by Anonymousreply 4405/09/2013

Why don't they just get Simon, Paula, and Randy back for one final victory lap season, and then just cancel the fucking thing?

by Anonymousreply 4505/09/2013

Randy's 15 minutes should have ended a long time ago.

Fox must think they have the primetime version of The Today Show or The Tonight Show, as if it will go on forever. The audience is gone and it is not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 4605/09/2013

Isn't Selena dead?

by Anonymousreply 4705/09/2013

I will miss Randy. He's always felt like the anchor judge to me -- reliable, honest, interesting too though.

by Anonymousreply 4805/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 4905/09/2013

Clarkson doesn't want to do Idol. She has been asked. She would rather mentor singers but The Voice hasn't asked her.

by Anonymousreply 5005/10/2013

[quote]Why don't they just get Simon, Paula, and Randy back for one final victory lap season, and then just cancel the fucking thing?

Because delusional Simon wants to continue flogging that dead horse Flop Factor, Paula proved she can't bring in ratings anymore since she got fired from both X Factor and her dance show that she had for once season was a flop, and Randy already left because he was getting fired anyway.

They should just cancel the damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 5105/10/2013

It's about time to ax Randy. He had nothing useful to say.

I think Keith is a thoughtful Judge. They should give Mariah another year and ax Minaj. Go back to 3 judges. 4 makes it too much about the judges.

Keith, Harry Connick Jr. and Mariah would be nice.

Maybe Ryan needs to go. The reason the ratings were so low was because they made the men so unappealing and they are getting a girl to win but they lost all those tweens that vote for the boys with guitars.

by Anonymousreply 5205/10/2013

One reason AI is failing is because of the kind of singing it promotes. The Voice at least cuts a much broader swathe in the types of singers it allows and brings along throughout the show. AI simply wants belters. That's it. If you can't scream the ending, you will be cut.

by Anonymousreply 5305/10/2013

I heard they are (no joke) planning to use least one "hologram" judge (estates approached have been MJ, Elvis, and Tupac). It would be programmed with a bunch of phrases talking about music and singing and performance. The producers could trigger an appropriate phrase to make it seem like the hologram is giving a critique.

by Anonymousreply 5405/10/2013

that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 5505/10/2013

[quote]They should give Mariah another year

Please! She deserves to be fired. She got paid $18 million - more than any other judge in the history of the show - and the ratings ended up being their worst ratings ever. They need judges that aren't going to try making the show all about them.

by Anonymousreply 5605/10/2013

They were stupid to pay her that much in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 5705/10/2013

mariah carey has absolutely nothing of worth to say. she is as bad as paula abdul was in terms of putting three words together to make a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 5805/10/2013

Good riddance. He was always an awful judge.

by Anonymousreply 5905/10/2013

Why is everyone being so mean to me? I don't have the time to go through another breakdown!

I need to be saved from the cull over at AI. Lambs of the world, unite! Your voices need to be heard. The execs need to know that I am the voice of the last century and this one, so there's no one better to judge than I.

by Anonymousreply 6005/10/2013

I've watched every episode of every season and what made this season awful was having every single performance show be two hours long. Even when there were only three, four singers left, they made it a two hours show. It's exhausting and a commitment no one wants to make. It wasn't always like this. They would cram 8 singers into an hour. This year, whenever my husband and I sit down to watch the performance show, it's oh dear, two hours? The only reason I lasted his year was because I actually LIKED Minaj. She was interesting and smart and funny. Mariah offered nothing. Keith was fine. Randy was fine. Ryan holds the show together. Once Ryan is gone, it's done.

Over the past few weeks, the only performance that got us interested was Candice's rendition of "Somewhere" the other night. She actually sang the melody (the first time through, at least) and it was pleasant to listen to. But before that, it was getting mighty boring. I do not think my husband or I will watch the show next year, no matter what they do.

What's sad is that this "bomb" and "failure" is stil FOX's highest rated show. I think that's why they run it for two hours. It's not 30 million anymore. But 11 million viewers for two solid hours usually wins the night on Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 6105/10/2013

I was surprised when I watched and saw that Mariah was having a hard time stringing three words together. I had heard her on the radio as a guest many times and she was funny and very willing to make and take little digs with the hosts, really fun guest. So I am not sure what happened to her. Maybe it's that thing I've seen with other women who have had babies and some of her memory and basic communication skills are off because of hormones?

I don't know what happened but this is not the Mariah I've heard and enjoyed in the past.

by Anonymousreply 6205/10/2013

What's the love for Candice's rendition of "Somewhere"? It was far from perfect. She even fucked up the last note. I played it again and even watched on YouTube to make sure it wasn't my TV. And who is the Ninny that think Nikki brought anything to the show but meanness and gibberish? Calling her smart was the laugh of the day. She's a fool, a very lucky spoiled fool.

by Anonymousreply 6305/10/2013

These shows are so played out. I don't watch any of them anymore. None of the contestants have that extra-magic that it takes to make a superstar. I flick past and hear that caterwauling and I can't believe the praise they heap on mediocre talents. Impressive for Karaoke Night- not for stadiums.

The Greats seem to have bigger chest cavities or diaphragms or something. Too many of the contestants sing in the back of their throats. It's like watching a pole vaulter try to clear the bar- but instead knock it down.

by Anonymousreply 6405/10/2013

Would a Judy Garland make it on one of these shows?

by Anonymousreply 6505/10/2013

I vote for Judy to be the hologram judge

by Anonymousreply 6605/10/2013

American Idol should end for good now.

by Anonymousreply 6705/10/2013

[quote]These shows are so played out. I don't watch any of them anymore. None of the contestants have that extra-magic that it takes to make a superstar.

Exactly. When was the last time any of these singing competition shows had a winner that was still a big hit 5 years later? Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the only ones who've had lasting success. The rest of them faded out of popularity after a few years.

by Anonymousreply 6805/10/2013

I vote for the hologram judge too. The judges spend 2 minutes each praising mediocre singers, saying the same old thing, eating up way more time than the singing itself. Mariah Carey meanders all over the place and then mean cartoonish Nicky, boring Randy and Keith.

by Anonymousreply 6905/11/2013

[quote]I was surprised when I watched and saw that Mariah was having a hard time stringing three words together.

Why were you surprised? This is the same 43 year old woman who said she still believes in Santa Claus and that she's eternally 12 years old.

by Anonymousreply 7005/11/2013

by Anonymousreply 7105/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!