Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Difference between burglary, robbery and theft.

I found this website called Spot Crime where you can discover the types of crime going on in your neighborhood, but I'm confused.

What's the difference between burglary, theft and robbery? I have all three in my area. Aren't they the same?

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013

I think burglary is like when someone robs an empty house. Robbery is a hold-up, or when someone steals from a person. Theft is like when someone steals a car.

by Anonymousreply 105/09/2013

Burglary is a very antiquated English term for butt sex. It's still used but usually by cheeky hipster cunts trying to emphasize the "humerous" aspects of it.

Theft and robbery = stealing

by Anonymousreply 205/09/2013

[quote]Burglary is a very antiquated English term for butt sex.

Jesusfuckinchrist. Please tell me this is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 305/09/2013

Burglary and theft can occur without violence or show of force. Robbery only occurs with a show of force or actual violence. Theft is when someone takes someone that is not rightfully theirs, but without a show of force. Burglary is when some breaks and enters someone else's premises to steal something, but in itself is not a violent act.

by Anonymousreply 405/09/2013

Don't forget burglarsonarceny.

by Anonymousreply 505/09/2013

Someone who takes your wallet that you left on your desk at work while you went to a meeting has committed "theft".

Someone who takes your wallet by pointing a gun at you and asking you to hand it over, has committed "robbery".

Someone who breaks into your house to steal your wallet while you're asleep has committed "burglary".

Got it?

by Anonymousreply 605/09/2013

Here's an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 705/09/2013

Those pussies at Spot Crime ask that you think too much about the breach. Instead, their message should be that no matter what happens, be sure to leave the one commiting the Crime as a Spot.

by Anonymousreply 805/09/2013

Burglary involves breaking into property. Robbery requires the threat of force against a person. Theft is a taking without the threat of force, like pickpocketing or car theft.

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013

What did Spot ever do to you?

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.