Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chris Christie vs. Hillary Clinton 2016

Let's pretend they win their party's nomination. Who would win the general election? Would it be close?

by Anonymousreply 5205/12/2013

well it would put New Jersey in play but Christie would have to go to the far, far, far, far right for a veep to get any traction with the Republican base which now that I think about it might take New Jersey out of play.

The big winner in this race could possibly be Nate Silver

by Anonymousreply 105/09/2013

bampp

by Anonymousreply 205/10/2013

I'd be voting for Hillary, but my guess is that Christie would win.

by Anonymousreply 305/10/2013

The Presidency is like health food. There is no way Chris Christie will ever be anywhere near it.

by Anonymousreply 405/10/2013

The Presidency is like divorce, Hillary should have gotten both years ago. It's too late now.

by Anonymousreply 505/10/2013

Yeah right, R6. In spite of their efforts, Bengazi is already going down as nothing.

And yes you're a liberal democrat. Really, you are.

by Anonymousreply 705/10/2013

The Presidency is like the marriage equality bill that Christie vetoed. His outdated beliefs will keep it from happening.

by Anonymousreply 905/10/2013

Bengazi is a concern to 5 million Fox viewers.

The rest of the country has looked at the situation and moved on. That would be the remaining 345 million Americans.

by Anonymousreply 1005/10/2013

I hereby christen chris christie as FFF (former fat fuck).

by Anonymousreply 1105/10/2013

I'm liberal too and I don't like Hillary either. Will I vote for her over Christie or another likely Republican nominee? Sure. But I find her wishy washy and I don't think she will make an effective president.

by Anonymousreply 1205/10/2013

R1 is right. Christie is too close to center for the Republican Party to nominate in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 1305/10/2013

Christie can't squeeze into the center. Much of him hangs over and into the right and left.

by Anonymousreply 1405/10/2013

New Jersey wouldn't be in play.

California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin in the column for Hillary immediately. Worth 246 electoral votes. Iowa, Nevada, and New Mexico carry for 263. She wins the election with the at least half of those on this list: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, [Nebraska #01 and #02], North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 1505/10/2013

They've already done polling on NJ. Christie has a 70-something approval rating and is leading the Democrat by 30 points, but Hillary would beat him by 20ish points.

by Anonymousreply 1605/10/2013

Hillary will win. She will be 69, but Christie get no base support.

by Anonymousreply 1705/10/2013

Chris Christie? That fat thing?

by Anonymousreply 1805/10/2013

chunky

by Anonymousreply 1905/10/2013

Hillary is the most popular potential presidential nominee in the entire country. She leads all potential Republican contenders by up to 15-20 points. Republicans have already said that if she runs, they don't stand a chance. She left her SOS position with a high approval rating. Her approval rating has been higher than Obama's for the entire time he's been in office now.

People hate Obama way more than they hate Hillary.

About Benghazi, they tried getting something on her. Did you not watch her at the hearings? She wiped the floor with them, and the public respected her even more after it. That's why they're back to going after Obama.

We have Cuomo now saying that if Hillary runs, he's not running. Republicans are already looking towards 2020. They know that it's Hillary's to win -- that's if she runs.

If you support Obama, there's no way you can't support Hillary. I'm laughing at the wishy-washy comment. Obama has drones, and has it that you can legally kill Americans. Give me a break. Obama turned out to be the biggest hawk out there, a reason why Democrats said they didn't want to vote for Hillary in 2008.

Hillary's been vetted. If she runs and the Dems don't pick her, they will lose. I find it hilarious that Joe Biden is thinking of running. He's looked at as a clown. Unknowns are easy to manipulate. The public doesn't know them, thus they're easy to mold into something negative. Hillary doesn't have the potential baggage. Everything that could be found it, was found out back in 2008. Hell, the country would vote Bill Clinton back into office. The country just wants a Clinton running the country.

by Anonymousreply 2105/10/2013

I was attacked before the last election for my views; I expect that it will happen again, even though in the end I was proven right. NV crucially needed to win Independents&Republicans do not like Christie. Even if he loses weight, image matters among those that want to associate with the elite. I can't see Vegas nouveau riche spending big bucks to hear Christie speak at the Venetian, at the same time trying to hob-knob among others who likewise view themselves as "privileged," as they did with both Bushes.

by Anonymousreply 2305/10/2013

R22, Are you a woman? Not all girls care enough about Bill's many infidelities to keep them from not voting for the Dems. "Stand by your man" still is practiced in much of the country, where affairs among the wealthy and powerful are the norm. In any case they would be propping up Hillary over Bill.

Can you recommend a young viable VP candidate to run alongside? If Hillary ran with that very desirable man in the beginning of her campaign, as a partnership or duo, she would not lose.

by Anonymousreply 2405/10/2013

It would be a fair fight, a 69 year old with a blood clot and history of fainting versus a morbidly obese man with a raging temper problem - literally a walking heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 2505/10/2013

Christie ain't getting the nomination, so it's a moot point. The Repub nominee will be either Rubio or Rand Paul.

by Anonymousreply 2605/10/2013

Hillary will be the most formidable presidential candidate in years if she runs. I can't see anyone that we now know of who could possibly beat her, including Christie.

by Anonymousreply 2705/10/2013

Hillary won't run, bitches.

After eight years of Dems in the WH, the public will be willing to try fat ass, bully, Christie.

Oh, and Obama's coalition ain't gonna show for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 2805/10/2013

Hillary will absolutely run. There is no question but that she is running. She simply hasn't announced it yet.

by Anonymousreply 2905/10/2013

Christie is too fat to maneuver deftly to the far right and back again. I think it's unlikely that he will be the nominee.

I think it's likely that Hillary WILL be the Dem nominee. If she runs, she wins. Even against Christie, she'll carry NJ.

by Anonymousreply 3105/10/2013

I'm in love with R21. Call me, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3205/10/2013

Is Hillary going to get a gastric band too?

by Anonymousreply 3305/10/2013

Christie just had the lap band surgery, so he'll be gorgeous and svelte by 2016.

by Anonymousreply 3405/10/2013

I'm a liberal Democrat, but Hillary Clinton is obviously a prostitute who will take our guns.

by Anonymousreply 3505/10/2013

It's silly to act as if Chris Christie could possibly win the GOP nomination!

by Anonymousreply 3605/10/2013

They both have health issues....we need someone with youthful vigor!

by Anonymousreply 3705/10/2013

Christie is too fat to be president. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 3805/10/2013

Republicans aren't going to forgive Chris Christie. Marco Rubio is probably too liberal now too. I like Ted Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 3905/10/2013

R39, LOL. You do know that Ted Cruz was born in Canda, right? Just because he's Cuban doesn't mean the birther arguments aren't going to surface.

by Anonymousreply 4005/10/2013

Most freepers hated Romney(and McCain for that matter) with a white hot passion....

So, if Romney can get the nod, then Christie certainly can.

by Anonymousreply 4105/10/2013

R30 is the same racist troll whose posts begin @ r-34 in the thread "Hillary Clinton Owns 2016 Dem Nomination: Quinnipiac National Poll."

by Anonymousreply 4205/11/2013

I think it's gonna be Jeb Bush representing the Republicunts. Never under estimate the power of clueless idiots in droves. So many still feel that Bush was a great president and Obama is responsible for our deficit.

I'd vote for Hillary but more as the lesser of two evils. I don't think she's liberal enough. The chances of a truly liberal democrat like Dennis Kucinich winning the presidency is slim so Hillary will probably get the nomination. I like Elizabeth Warren. Her first proposal regarding student loan interest was ballsy but she's the new kid on the block and it's unlikely that she'd run in 2016...

by Anonymousreply 4305/11/2013

[quote]Hillary doesn't have the potential baggage.

What in fucking gay hell are you smoking? She has more baggage than anyone on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 4405/11/2013

It would be difficult for Christie to win. The newest voters don't understand the American concept of hard work to improve the life for you and your kids. They're from countries where the government provides every service. They'll vote for whoever offers benefits they've been told are "free."

by Anonymousreply 4505/11/2013

r45= Michelle Malkin

by Anonymousreply 4605/11/2013

People like R45 are killing this place.

by Anonymousreply 4705/12/2013

As someone posted above, Christie had lap band and is losing weight to be ready to run.

by Anonymousreply 4805/12/2013

A Republican should never be elected to public office again.

by Anonymousreply 4905/12/2013

Christie could split from the GOP and bring the moderate wing with him.

If he could pick off a centrist Hispanic democrat, he could win as an independent.

Christie's people know he's an unlikely GOP candidate but he could be the savior of traditional conservatism with appeal to the centrist wings of both parties.

by Anonymousreply 5005/12/2013

R50, Even if he lost a great deal of weight he does not appear to look at all "presidential" in very image conscious America. How would Christie, with his too obvious working class East Coast demeanor, play among the elites with money in the flyover states?

by Anonymousreply 5105/12/2013

R10 The extra ~35 million aren't eligible to vote. Yet anyway. You have to add "If the election was held today." A LOT is going to happen to the image of both of those people in the next 3 years!

By then, about 120 million people would vote "NO!"

by Anonymousreply 5205/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.