Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Actress Margaret Cho says John Travolta is ‘Oscar Wilde gay’ and he would be ‘happier’ out of the closet

The 44-year-old, who starred with Travolta in the 1997 movie Face/Off, speculated about his sexuality in a series of jokes during a recent comedy performance in Australia.

“I’m going to get in trouble but I’ll just tell you,” she said to the crowd. “He is so gay. John Travolta is so gay.”

“He’s not just gay. He doesn’t just like men. He is like Oscar Wilde gay…like Lord Byron gay,” she told a shocked audience.

“That kind of crazy, incredibly flamboyant gay… I know him well because I did a movie with him and worked with him for a year.”

Claiming the 59-year-old father of three would be “happier” out of the closet she went on to say: “I feel bad for him; because I know he would be much happier if he could just come out,” before adding: “But he can’t.”

Travolta, who has been married to Kelly Preston since 1991, had two sexual harassment lawsuits filed against him last year by male masseurs, both of which were eventually dropped.

In September 2012, pilot Doug Gotterba claimed to have had a secret six year affair with the actor.

A spokesperson for Travolta quickly moved to dismiss the claims made in the National Enquirer.

Travolta has always strongly denied all accusations regarding his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 22305/24/2013

"Shocked audience"? Who was she talking to, an audience of elderly cloistered nuns?

by Anonymousreply 105/09/2013

[quote]Travolta has always strongly denied all accusations regarding his sexuality.

Maybe I'm being a delicate flower, but I hate this sentence. They make it sound like he's being accused of a serious crime.

by Anonymousreply 205/09/2013

Uh oh. Is the Co$ going to whack Margaret Cho now?

by Anonymousreply 305/09/2013

`Lord Byron gay` She means Travolta is bi then.

by Anonymousreply 405/09/2013

If the audience was shocked, it was more likely due to the fact that she was being so candid and direct about the worst kept secret in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 505/09/2013

[quote] male masseurs

There's no such thing as a female masseur.

by Anonymousreply 705/09/2013

I think Margret just feels heartbroken for him R6. Travolta could get criminal charges for harassment if someone wanted to push it that far. He is doing himself no favors.

Now if he is just a predator who enjoys forcing himself on people who can't say no that is a different matter. But if he is a frustrated guy in the closet who is trying to hookup in secret cause he can't be open, that is heartbreaking to someone who gives a shit about him.

Cho has been in and around the gay community all her life. She is very open about her attraction toward women. It is not her fault if society doesn't give her the same shit for it that men get. She is pro gay. She stands with us. I think she cares about seeing Travolta in pain and fucking up his life.

by Anonymousreply 805/09/2013

Let's see if she's forced to take it back.

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013

Margaret Cho used to date Chris Isaak. She has stated numerous times that he is very well-endowed. Lucky woman. I wonder if she blew him.

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013

"I think she cares about seeing Travolta in pain and fucking up his life."

Maybe, But she's also a comedian who hasn't been in the news in a while.

by Anonymousreply 1205/09/2013

R6 and R11, she can say whatever she wants.

Why should she be part of a charade?

by Anonymousreply 1305/09/2013

At what point do you just throw your hands up and just let these closet cases be? Obviously someone like JT is in a completely different category than someone who is glass closeted so we can assume he's got major issues. If he wants to be miserable, well that's his problem. However, if he's a predator than the law should intervene.

by Anonymousreply 1405/09/2013

[quote]"Shocked audience"? Who was she talking to, an audience of elderly cloistered nuns?

No, she was talking to Australians...which are about as conservative as elderly cloistered nuns.

by Anonymousreply 1505/09/2013

It's more disappointing she says he's flamboyant. I was hoping for masculine and "straight-acting"

by Anonymousreply 1605/09/2013

They would have lynched her if she said that about Hugh Jackman.

by Anonymousreply 1705/09/2013

Scientology would "eliminate" Travolta if he ever came out.

Margaret Cho does not understand how this Cult works.

by Anonymousreply 1905/09/2013

Margaret Cho says something that Datalounge - and half the entertainment gossip media - has agreed upon and stated for years and years.

Datalounge turns on her for saying it because she's a woman.

You nutjobs would be hilarious if you weren't so sad.

by Anonymousreply 2305/09/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2405/09/2013

We would never say bad things about John Travolta! Ever.

by Anonymousreply 2605/09/2013

Misogynist bullying? I don't think you know what misogyny is.

Bullshit. A man who makes his living as a public figure who rather wrecklessly conducts his private life and then lies about it is no sacred cow. The more people like him are outed, then better for those who are gay and discriminated against.

If you want to live in closet (and thereby hurt your fellow man) then live a quite life- not one in the public spotlight. The fact that he has to lie to "defend" himself tell you all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 2705/09/2013

What people might have found surprising is that JT is a flamboyant homo in private. It would be so much fun if he came out and revealed his inner Liberace.

by Anonymousreply 2805/09/2013

Carrie Fisher has said it before. Calm down, girls!

by Anonymousreply 3105/09/2013

[quote]We would never say bad things about John Travolta! Ever.

OH, MY SIDES!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3205/09/2013

[quote]`Lord Byron gay` She means Travolta is bi then.

I don't mind her speaking about Travolta, but do mind that she's not really bright enough to be able to muster a more accurate reference.

by Anonymousreply 3305/09/2013

Everybody knows about this by now, somehow I don't feel it's Margaret Cho or any other fellow celebrity to do the job and out him. He's been outed countless times by the press anyway. Gutter press, sure, but press anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3405/09/2013

I'm not really in favor of publicly outing anyone besides closeted Republicans, religious fundamentalists, and others of that ilk who actively work to oppress gay people. That said, I would not find Margaret Cho's remarks about John Travolta any more or less offensive had a gay man said them. (And I doubt I'd have to look all that hard to find incidences of men making insinuations about closeted lezzies without getting accused of "misogynistic bullying.")

by Anonymousreply 3505/09/2013

Knowing Chris Isaak, I find it very difficult to imagine her having ever seen his dick Of course I have heard her mention him in romantic sense early in her stand up career, but I was all but positive that they are merely good friends and some license was taken by Cho.

by Anonymousreply 3605/09/2013

Maybe she's saying this with John's blessing. Maybe. Small steps and all that.

by Anonymousreply 3705/09/2013

You do realize that her understudy, Kim Jong-un, was the one who said this, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 3805/09/2013

I don't know why R6 is going off on Margaret Cho when others have outed Travolta in more public settings to wider audiences. Ricky Gervais joked about it in his opening monologue at the Golden Globes. And Carrie Fisher's comments...

by Anonymousreply 4005/09/2013

1. People are entitled to have their privacy respected and not to be used as political pawns. The issue is not whether there is something wrong with being gay. The issue is that being out has all sorts of consequences, personally, professionally and religiously, and it is up to the individual to decide how he or she wants to handle it.

2. We are making tremendous progress by coming out. It does not depend on forcing other people to come out. It never did.

3. Our rights as gay people are not necessarily the number one priority of everyone who is gay. That is OK.

by Anonymousreply 4105/09/2013

[quote]Datalounge turns on her for saying it because she's a woman. You nutjobs would be hilarious if you weren't so sad.

Somewhere, an iVillage is missing its idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4405/09/2013

[quote]Carrie Fisher has said it before. Calm down, girls!

Carrie Fisher just made a comment. I still didn't agree with her outing another celeb but Carrie didn't make a show of it. Margaret Cho is using him as a joke to further her show.

by Anonymousreply 4505/09/2013

Doesn't Travolta get like several million dollars per film? Guy has been rich and famous and living the good life for decades. You act like she's killing travolta's kids or something. CHILL THE FUCK OUT.

If he wants to reap the benefits of being a rich and famous movie star, then he has to take the bad crap that comes with it as well. It's that simple. Not to mention, he whores out his family every chance he gets. What does he honestly expect?

by Anonymousreply 4605/09/2013

It's also hilarious how quickly you sad little flyovers all leap to the idea that anyone who might not hate women must be a woman, r44.

You mouthbreathers have no idea how you sound to the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 4705/09/2013

[quote] If all your bullet points are correct, why for the love of god, do gay people feel the need to state and provide proof that "this isn't a choice!!I was born this way!! Do you think I would put myself through this hell if I could change it?"

Not R39, but I can answer this. 1) Because people like you have made and continue to make life very difficult for gay people. 2) Because the entire basis for repression of gay people is the mistaken belief that being gay is a choice and therefore can be called a sin.

by Anonymousreply 4805/09/2013

I think that swf was trying to say that if being gay was hypothetically a choice, it wouldn't matter anyway because we'd still be deserving of constitutional guarantees.

r48 explains why it's more complicated than that.

by Anonymousreply 5005/09/2013

" You act like she's killing travolta's kids or something."

And I know for a fact John doesn't need her help doing that.

by Anonymousreply 5105/09/2013

How the fuck could anyone "out" Travolta in this day and age? Fucker has inadvertently flown the coop long ago!

by Anonymousreply 5205/09/2013

"While Travolta is definitely gay, it's not Margaret Cho's place to out him or tell him to live his life."

How can she "out" him when he's already been outed dozens of times?

I don't get why DLers are shitting on Margaret for saying the same kinds of things that we all post here. Rashida Jones also got heat here for saying that Revolta is gay although, again, she wasn't saying anything that hasn't been posted here 10,000 times. When did it become a crime to say that a gay person is gay?

by Anonymousreply 5305/09/2013

Because DL is CHOCK FULL o' closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 5405/09/2013

r53. Look for commonalities between Rashida Jones and Margaret Cho and there's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 5505/09/2013

I don't understand the flap about this, either. The only thing, besides my previously stated disappointment in her uneducated Byron reference, that I can see to object to is using anyone else's life to boost your profile--celebrity famewhoredom is being more than tiresome, and I frankly always thought Cho was one of the worst about it. Anyway, I don't know that Travolta needs some special respect, sorry. Besides, there's nothing disrespectful about calling someone gay, and if he wanted to dispute it, he'd simply say he wasn't. As in say so himself. Standing behind spokespeople or CoS staff doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 5605/09/2013

"People are entitled to have their privacy respected and not to be used as political pawns"

Yeah, remember when the media respected Arnold's privacy by not revealing that he had a kid with his maid? Or when they respected Tiger Woods' privacy by not exposing him as a serial adulterer? Why is it that we can talk about the hetero exploits of various celebs but homosexuality is something we cannot discuss?

It's funny how when Jason Collins came out some people were saying stuff like "It's not our business that he's gay!" - but of course if he had announced that he had 10 different kids with 10 different women no one would be saying it's not our business. If he had announced that he was dating a famous Hollywood actress no one would say it's not our business.

by Anonymousreply 5705/09/2013

In Denmark, parents must choose from a government-approved list of 7,000 names. If they want to go "off-list", they have to get permission from a local church. About 1,100 names are reviewed every year, and 15 percent to 20 percent are rejected, mostly for odd spellings.

by Anonymousreply 5805/09/2013

R39, #4 is completely wrong. Unless they set laws, you nor anyone, have a right to out them. You might be jealous of their wealth, but that certainly doesn't give you a right to their life. They are not meddling in yours unlike politicians.

by Anonymousreply 5905/09/2013

Perhaps R59 should look up the meaning of "right."

No dog in this fight, just being pedantic like the Lord Byron hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 6005/09/2013

I think the accusations made against him by the "masseurs" have all been set up by his Sciento over lords to keep him in line. Some how he gets the idea that these guys are interested in playing "games". They are probably Sciento plants. Just like the pilot, who claims to have had a six year sexual relationship with him, was probably a Sciento plant. He was there to keep an eye on him and also to provide the proof and the sordid details of John's "secret life" if he got out of line. John seems to have gotten out of line alot since the death of his son, Jett. Doesn't anyone else think it's odd that the harassment suits came in fast and furious just as the pilot was going public with his story about Travolta? Jett's death was a tragic accident, but then again, what would make it scandalous as well as tragic? The accident occuring because the kid's caretaker was off taking care of the Daddy instead of taking care of the kid. Was the "manny" a Sciento plant as well?

by Anonymousreply 6105/09/2013

She should have outed him for killing his son.

Coward.

by Anonymousreply 6205/09/2013

Margaret Cho has teeny weeny baby pinky fingers, some kind of tiny hand disease. My friend and I were at a club watching a comedy show and Margaret was there standing next to us and all we could focus on her were pinkies.

by Anonymousreply 6405/09/2013

Would the Scientologists really kill him if he came out?

by Anonymousreply 6505/09/2013

I'm more shocked that people still follow Margaret Cho.

by Anonymousreply 6705/09/2013

Wy ae people so fixated on his private life?

by Anonymousreply 6805/09/2013

WHATA IS DA ASSS MASSSSSTAAAAHHHH????

by Anonymousreply 6905/09/2013

No dog in this fight, but found it nessasary to comment on such a ridiculous level r60?

by Anonymousreply 7005/09/2013

[quote]It's also hilarious how quickly you sad little flyovers all leap to the idea that anyone who might not hate women must be a woman

It is also hilarious that you think people who live in big cities are never stupid and close-minded. Most flyover states don't have public high schools with 70 to 80% illiteracy rates. Yes, Manhattan, we're looking at you.

by Anonymousreply 7105/09/2013

[quote]No woman should ever go around saying this guy is gay and should come out because women have no clue of what the gay male experience is like so thry should keep their mouths shut

I would agree in most cases, but this guy is a creep who trolls saunas for sex with straight men, pushes himself on men who don't want him, and belongs to a homophobic cult. People already know he's gay and they know he's a sauna troll. She's really not outing him, just adding to what's known.

by Anonymousreply 7205/09/2013

[quote]His wife, I feel bad her having to hear all of this garbadge.

You are an idiot. His wife is basically a hooker.

And since when is the truth about someone garbage?

by Anonymousreply 7305/09/2013

Oh, r71. There you go, making things up so you can mount some form of argument.

I never said a word about the likelihood of narrow-minded people living in big cities.

But I can smell a bunch of mouth-breathing flyovers when I hear them.

by Anonymousreply 7405/09/2013

Would it really surprise you if you opened up a newspaper someday and read that John Travolta had comitted "suicide", r65?

by Anonymousreply 7505/09/2013

Talk about a tragic life.

by Anonymousreply 7605/09/2013

Totally, R6. Margaret's just desperate for some attention and she's using Travolta to get it...

by Anonymousreply 7705/09/2013

Whatever, r70. It's no more stupid or annoying than the Byron was bi, not gay poster. Besides, the poster nattering on about "rights" was completely oblivious to the distinction between people having the RIGHT to say something that offends certain people, versus WHETHER someone should.

In these times, that is not a trivial distinction.

by Anonymousreply 7805/09/2013

My God. Don't you people go to comedy shows? Joan Rivers, Wanda Sykes, Joel McHale, and others have made jokes in their shows about Travolta, Cruise, and Seacrest being gay. Where the premise was they were gay and the joke centered on them not coming out. Even Martin Short had a running joke about Seacrest being in the closet. Chill out. If they didn't want their personal lives laughed at by comedians who know the truth they can come out. Or the press could pick on bigger comedians than Cho .

by Anonymousreply 7905/09/2013

She should have said Travolta was Gerard Manley Hopkins gay.

by Anonymousreply 8005/09/2013

I think it would be that he died of a heart attack r75.

Just a little potassium injection. . .

by Anonymousreply 8105/09/2013

“But he can’t.”

Why? It's not like he's still a romantic lead. There won't be an "Urban Cowboy 2". He played in one of the biggest gay faves ever "Grease". And he recently played a role in drag.

It would be one big yawn.

But then he'd have to come out as a liar. Which is bad.

by Anonymousreply 8205/09/2013

baby pinkies

by Anonymousreply 8305/09/2013

John Travolta's not a fag and I'm the dame who can prove it!

by Anonymousreply 8405/09/2013

It must be horrible for Kelly Preston to have to endure these constant rumors. Not to mention the guys who come out of the woodwork to say that Travolta hit on them.

Poor thing must really be on the verge of a complete breakdown sometimes. I don't know how she pulls it all together for the cameras and the public. There must be nights where she sits in the bathroom and cries for hours.

by Anonymousreply 8505/09/2013

[quote]Whatever, [R70]. It's no more stupid or annoying than the Byron was bi, not gay poster.

HEY! I CAN HEAR YOU!

by Anonymousreply 8605/09/2013

On what planet is Margaret Cho considered an actress?!!

by Anonymousreply 8705/09/2013

I never realized that poor sod was in a movie with Margaret Cho. I'm sure being around her for a year would turn the straightest man on earth into a raging cum guzzler.

by Anonymousreply 8805/09/2013

The reaction about "being disrespectful" would not be the same if a man had said.

Basically, many DL's are right wing conservatives when it comes to their attitudes towards women.

by Anonymousreply 8905/09/2013

R39 I totally agree with you. The problem is that there are too many closet cases even on DL who, obviously, defend these cowards.

by Anonymousreply 9105/09/2013

"Scientology would "eliminate" Travolta if he ever came out. Margaret Cho does not understand how this Cult works."

Maybe she DOES understand how this cult works, and that's what she meant when she said that Travolta "can't" come out.

P.S. Even though of course there isn't anything wrong with someone being gay, many people would argue that it's still controversial to "out" a closeted gay man because, in most cases, you're calling him a liar. And even if it's true that he's a liar, it's still "controversial" to say so.

by Anonymousreply 9205/09/2013

And I'm sure that you don't want to know what the people that you consider your friends think about your R88. You really don't.

by Anonymousreply 9305/09/2013

I just want to take the opportunity to say that I'm sick of her and Kathy Griffin trotting out gay stereotypes during their act.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 9405/09/2013

R93 What?

by Anonymousreply 9505/09/2013

"[Why can't Travolta come out?] It's not like he's still a romantic lead. There won't be an 'Urban Cowboy 2.' He played in one of the biggest gay faves ever 'Grease.' And he recently played a role in drag."

Did you think about this for even 10 seconds before you posted your question? Travolta "can't" come out, or it would be VERY difficult for him to do so, because (1) that would mean he had outright lied about his sexual orientation for decades, which certainly wouldn't reflect well on him; and (2) if everything we've read about Scientology is true, those people would retaliate in some really bad way(s).

by Anonymousreply 9605/09/2013

Unless they're young or in a difficult/dangerous situation, please out all these celeb cowards

by Anonymousreply 9705/09/2013

R97 Are you going to publish a white paper on what qualifies as a difficult situation? Will you be setting up a tribunal for review? How does one appeal the decision?

It seems easier to live and let live doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9805/09/2013

R98 closet case or fangurl

by Anonymousreply 9905/09/2013

[quote] I don't know how she pulls it all together for the cameras and the public. There must be nights where she sits in the bathroom and cries for hours.

I'm sure she cries all the way to the bank, with her girlfriend beside her. She made a good deal when she contracted to be J.T.'s beard.

by Anonymousreply 10005/09/2013

Kelly Preston isn't a lesbian R100.

by Anonymousreply 10105/09/2013

Fuck you guys. I love Margaret and am glad she said this. Anyone who undergoes anal bleaching for a TV show is alright with me.

by Anonymousreply 10205/09/2013

Kelly Preston isn't a lesbian and scientists just discovered that the moon is made of green cheese.

by Anonymousreply 10305/09/2013

R100 I thought KP's special friend was male not female.She also dated Charlie Sheen and he accidentally shot her or was that himself......

Remember when one of the gossip rags claimed that Kelly was shocked by all the gay allegations! Like Kelly didn't know about Joan's kinky ways? Oh and my favorite headline from that whole masseur scandal came from a NYC tabloid: "Greased."

by Anonymousreply 10405/09/2013

'Oscar Wilde gay' - well, Oscar was married with children, so: yes.

by Anonymousreply 10505/09/2013

[quote]"Shocked audience"? Who was she talking to, an audience of elderly cloistered nuns?

Hugh Jackman fans.

by Anonymousreply 10605/09/2013

I don't understand. The gays all loved me and my outrageous loud girl shtick back in 2000!

by Anonymousreply 10705/09/2013

[quote]Datalounge turns on her for saying it because she's a woman.

2 things that Dataloungers have head-exploding blind hatred for: Women and guys who fuck women.

by Anonymousreply 10805/09/2013

R108 Don't leave us out.

by Anonymousreply 10905/09/2013

Even though almost half of all DL posters are straight, 100% of comments posted here are attributed to gay men. While it's somewhat amusing to picture one group of straight girls sneering at another group of straight girls for being poor excuses for gay men, it's unfair for gay people to take heat for comments they never made.

DL is no longer a predominately gay posting board, and should no longer be labeled as such.

by Anonymousreply 11005/09/2013

Well we know your a Mary! For sure r110.

by Anonymousreply 11105/09/2013

R6, good thing rich adult male Hollywood actors have a hero like you to defend the closet!

by Anonymousreply 11205/09/2013

How many times has this guy been "outed"? Get a grip queens, he's been outed numerous times over the last 20+ years. From The Enquirer, to Michelangelo Signorile, to Carrie Fisher, to Rashida Jones, to a number of comedians, to his former pilot and secretary, and his own stupidity with masseuses.

Girls he hasn't been a box office name for many years and Scientology has started to implode. If Jenna Miscavge-Hill can leave that cult and write a devastating tell all about it, I think Travolta will be fine.

I don't many people at this point would care or be shocked that Travolta lied about his sexual orientation. You got to do better then that ladies.

by Anonymousreply 11305/09/2013

THE best post of the thread, r113.

by Anonymousreply 11405/09/2013

He likes Judy Garland and ASS!!

by Anonymousreply 11505/09/2013

Kelly Preston PLAYED a lesbian in a movie, but she's not one.

by Anonymousreply 11605/09/2013

Jesus F Christ, who is clutching their precious pearls at Margaret Cho talking shit about gay John Travolta??? We've dished this queen here for years! It's what we do!

by Anonymousreply 11705/09/2013

Great list of names r113 except for Signorile. Who can take that old bitter queen seriously?

by Anonymousreply 11805/09/2013

[quote]he's been outed numerous times over the last 20+ years. From The Enquirer, to Michelangelo Signorile, to Carrie Fisher, to Rashida Jones, to a number of comedians, to his former pilot and secretary

What did all of those people say about him, specifically?

by Anonymousreply 11905/09/2013

[quote]Travolta "can't" come out, or it would be VERY difficult for him to do so, because (1) that would mean he had outright lied about his sexual orientation for decades

Where is the person on this planet who doesn't know he lies about being straight?

by Anonymousreply 12005/09/2013

You CANNOT fake this kind of HOT chemistry! They're in LOVE!!!

by Anonymousreply 12105/09/2013

"he's been outed numerous times over the last 20+ years."

[quote]What did all of those people say about him, specifically?

Do you really think someone is going to sit here and type up 20-plus years of his scandals? Go to your library and get back issues of the National Enquirer for the past 20 years. Some of the stories include photos of his various male lovers. Is your name Rip Van Winkle?

by Anonymousreply 12205/09/2013

Fuck you, R122. It's not that serious. And I honestly don't care THAT much about it for you to get your bitch ass panties into some kind of femme snit. Now have a seat, princess.

by Anonymousreply 12305/09/2013

[quote]Go to your library and get back issues of the National Enquirer for the past 20 years.

Oh yeah, [italic]there's[/italic] a credible source.

*rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 12405/09/2013

[quote]And I honestly don't care THAT much about it

Then why didn't you just skip this thread, Miss Thing, instead of tying to get your own personal encyclopedia covering more than 20 years of Travolta tales? If you don't care THAT much about it, just STFU, moron!

by Anonymousreply 12505/09/2013

[quote]instead of tying

"Tying?" OH DEAR. Girl, just save us the second-hand embarrassment and quit while you're (not) ahead.

by Anonymousreply 12605/09/2013

There are definitely more idiotic fraus on DL. And maybe some PR people.

by Anonymousreply 12705/10/2013

People like to pretend the Enquirer has never been a source of major stories. History proves them wrong.

by Anonymousreply 12805/10/2013

The Enquirer doesn't print anything it isn't prepared to get sued for printing.

by Anonymousreply 12905/10/2013

Outing Travolta isn't exactly an audacious move at this point.

by Anonymousreply 13005/10/2013

r130 Judging from the reaction she got all over the web including datalounge, it sure is.

by Anonymousreply 13105/10/2013

"People like to pretend the Enquirer has never been a source of major stories. History proves them wrong."

Yep. They aren't ALWAYS right but they usually don't "out" people unless there is real evidence. They don't want to get sued. They also outed Jodie long before she came out - they had specific info about her and her partner at the time

by Anonymousreply 13205/10/2013

Why scorn the NE? It isn't like mainstream newspapers print major articles about celebrities' sexuality.

I remember MANY Democrats writing scathingly about the NE's John Edwards articles. Yeah, how'd that mockery work out for them?

by Anonymousreply 13305/10/2013

You're right R131. DataLounge proves it's an audacious move when you consider all the attention this thread got when there are so many threads filled with "Breaking News" and hundreds of threads filled with so much insider gossip.

by Anonymousreply 13405/10/2013

If he gave an interview with one of the biggies - Oprah, Katie, etc. and said, look I'm gay but that doesn't mean that I didn't love my wife of 20 years. What we had together is nobody's business. He would have to say that he knew he was gay but as he became a bigger star and because of pressures from Hollywood and Scientology, he hid it. Of course, he'd have to separate himself from Scientology. He'd have to say he's made a lot of mistakes and hiding his sexuality led him to do things he regrets but now he wants to be out and be honest. I think if he did that, people would say, okay, move on.

by Anonymousreply 13505/10/2013

He can't just "separate" from Scientology. As some people have suggested it may not be only gay things but more dangerous secrets from years past. Former church members claim John desperately wanted to come out as far back as the 80s.

As opposed to Jackman + Miss Piggy who do it purely for career, $$ and social advantages.

by Anonymousreply 13605/10/2013

[quote]Actress Margaret Cho

I can't believe no one commented on THAT.

by Anonymousreply 13705/10/2013

Miss Piggy? She's gay? I thought her attraction for Kermit the frog was real.

by Anonymousreply 13805/10/2013

haha HJ looks a little like Kermit too. Hadn't thought of that.

But no. Le Pig's display of amour for Kermit is strictly for show.

by Anonymousreply 13905/10/2013

There are a ton of defensive closet cases on DL, so that explains a lot of the angry reactions in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 14005/10/2013

I still don't get why some here have dogged Margaret, Rashida Jones, and Carrie Fisher for saying what all of us here have been saying since the Datalounge was invented. They're all cool and gay-friendly, it's not like they are homophobes.

Honestly, I wish Margaret, Rashida, and Carrie should start posting here and dishing the dirt with us! Come on, girls...

by Anonymousreply 14105/10/2013

I don't agree with "how very dare she" etc. but it is worth pointing out that the women in question are celebrities - their reach is much greater than the furious typings of DL bottom feeders.

by Anonymousreply 14205/10/2013

r141, if Jones wanted to out someone, she could look a little closer to home. I think that's part of the anger here.

Cho is struggling for relevance, so it's perceived as an attention grab.

Fisher is Fisher. I've always enjoyed her and her statement is the most reasonable, i.e. she was asked and she answered in a low key way.

I think it's a person's right to be in the closet, as much as I hate it.

I also think he is an easy target. I'd have a lot more respect for these people if they outed someone who had a hot career, like Bradley Cooper. That would show me they really had gay rights at heart and not their own agendas.

by Anonymousreply 14305/10/2013

Please pay attention!

My terrible TV series about the fat girl on LIFETIME (TV FOR WOMEN) got cancelled!

I have house payments!

by Anonymousreply 14405/10/2013

"I think it's a person's right to be in the closet, as much as I hate it."

You have the right to lie about your sexuality but you don't have the right to force others to lie for you. Besides, he was widely rumored to be gay BEFORE those women "outed" him so it's not like they were telling us something we didn't know already.

"I also think he is an easy target. I'd have a lot more respect for these people if they outed someone who had a hot career, like Bradley Cooper. That would show me they really had gay rights at heart and not their own agendas"

I think the reason why Revolta in particular is such an easy target is because he is so indiscreet. If Bradley Cooper were running around hitting on every crew member on his films, or getting sued by masseurs, or being photographed on "vacation" with male porn stars, it might be different. Plus, Carrie and Maragaret actually know Travolta. They aren't just spreading gossip about random closet cases.

by Anonymousreply 14505/10/2013

r145, a lot of other actors are indiscreet, but the investment Hollywood has in making money off of them as straight protects them. This is true for anything that interferes with business, not just sexuality.

I think he's become more reckless as he ages, but there have always been stories, even outside DL, about public encounters.

If these people really believe that they have a) the best interest of a friend at heart, and b) that being gay is nothing to hide, they would've outed him earlier, and outed other people.

by Anonymousreply 14605/10/2013

I know people who were in that audience. No one was shocked to hear that Travolta is gay. They were surprised that someone he knows would publicly discuss his secret, when clearly JT would rather stay in the closet. Hollywood has a long history of covering up each others secrets, so when someone breaks ranks and blabs it's considered unusual.

by Anonymousreply 14705/10/2013

"Actress" ???

by Anonymousreply 14805/10/2013

A guy came forward and said he had an affair with Travolta and that was okay....but it's wrong for Margaret to say he's gay after his own ex-bf outed him?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14905/10/2013

[quote]A guy came forward and said he had an affair with Travolta and that was okay....but it's wrong for Margaret to say he's gay after his own ex-bf outed him?!!!!

I don't think that's entirely correct. It wasn't just one guy. There was the guy who was a Playgirl centerfold, the pilot, and a personal trainer. All claimed that they had a relationship with Travolta.

Margaret Cho didn't out him any more than Katie Holmes didn't give birth to Suri last week. It all happened a long time ago and can't be undone.

by Anonymousreply 15005/10/2013

Who cares? His fans will NEVER believe the gay rumors. "Why, he's a married family man! He and his wife obviously love each other! All those men who have come forward to say he made advances to them are liars who just want to make a buck! Marilu Henner was his lover for years and she said that the two of them had a red hot sex life! That picture of him kissing that guy is just two good buddies who aren't ashamed of being affectionate towards each other! John Travolta gay or bi? HAH! Not our Johnny!"

by Anonymousreply 15105/10/2013

He's as gay as a tree full of parrots on Christopher Radko's patio.

by Anonymousreply 15205/10/2013

Scientology is the one that wants him in the closet. It is insulting how everyone pretends gay celebrities are straight. If we aren't all 6 years old expecting a magically delivered Christmas present, why are they still lying to us?

by Anonymousreply 15305/10/2013

It is odd how Carrie Fisher outs Travolta yet is quiet about Debbie's lesbianism.

by Anonymousreply 15405/10/2013

r154, in fairness to Fisher, she was asked a question about it at an event.

She didn't deliberately make unsolicited comments about it, and she answered it in a classy way.

by Anonymousreply 15505/10/2013

r155 What was the context of Carrie outing him? Was it on a red carpet type thing?

by Anonymousreply 15605/11/2013

[quote]When asked if there was any substance to the 56-year-old Saturday Night Fever stars’ lawyers demanding gossip site Gawker.com remove a post that insinuated that Travolta performed oral sex on men, she responded:

“Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be.”

This was a general interview with the Advocate.

by Anonymousreply 15705/11/2013

Can't stand her. And why is she outing JT on stage? It's in such poor taste. We all know he's gay and he would probably be happier if he came out, but who knows; and why the hell is she making it her business?

by Anonymousreply 15805/11/2013

Love Margaret.

When has Travolta ever been in, really? This is a nonissue.

by Anonymousreply 15905/11/2013

He is in now r159.

by Anonymousreply 16005/11/2013

R141 HA!!!!! I love it! So true.

by Anonymousreply 16105/11/2013

At least we can be reasonably assured that Oscar Wilde fathered his 3 children the old fashioned way--without the use of a turkey baster.

by Anonymousreply 16205/11/2013

Margaret Cho didn't out him. He outed himself the first time he groped a masseur. Just because he ran back into the closet, doesn't change the fact he already outed himself. That was years before Margaret Cho ever stepped upon a stage.

by Anonymousreply 16305/11/2013

[quote]without the use of a turkey baster.

That may have been the method for his first two kids, but didn't she fake the pregnancy for the last kid? I read somewhere that they bought the last one.

by Anonymousreply 16505/11/2013

OY! Vavoy!

by Anonymousreply 16605/11/2013

(Is there a reason this is the only thread I can see?)

by Anonymousreply 16705/11/2013

Something weird is going on, R167.

by Anonymousreply 16805/11/2013

It's the Almiqui!

by Anonymousreply 16905/11/2013

Feral DL is back.

by Anonymousreply 17005/12/2013

Having problems here too.

by Anonymousreply 17105/12/2013

Someone turned out the lights.

by Anonymousreply 17205/12/2013

Oscar had two sons. The fabulously named Vyvyan and Cyril. Oscar's older brother Willie was Father to the infamous Dolly Wilde, who was a very out lesbian.

Oscar got to tap Lord Douglas (Bosie to friends) from time to time. Easy to see why they chose Jude Law for the part.

by Anonymousreply 17305/12/2013

The audience I was a part of, was only "shocked" (more startled, really), that she was being so blunt and open about it. Even the 72 year old nana next to me, who had treated her grandson to the show, knew Travolta was gay and in the closet. One might consider her an atypical 72 year old (suburban, totally gay-friendly and at a Cho gig), but she laughed and said that her church-going, Liberal-voting, golf-playing friends knew too! I don't know why this trope keeps circulating about all of Australia being a conservative, redneck paradise...

by Anonymousreply 17405/12/2013

So the only way I can access threads is thru the links in the w&w column... What's going on? I don't want to talk about Travolta and Eating Pussy all day long!

by Anonymousreply 17505/12/2013

DL is down for me too, as in no threads appear, except for search and w&w columns.

by Anonymousreply 17605/12/2013

Thanks for the replies!

by Anonymousreply 17705/12/2013

Is this the new "Prime Time" for non-subs?

And w&w for r175!

by Anonymousreply 17805/12/2013

What is happening with DL?

by Anonymousreply 17905/12/2013

[quote]Is this the new "Prime Time" for non-subs

No, I'm a contributor and can only access my Threadwatcher and W&W threads.

by Anonymousreply 18005/12/2013

Travolta reminds me of Liberace's situation. They both denied being gay so many times, it may be impossible to finally tell the truth.

by Anonymousreply 18105/12/2013

Actually, R1, we knew she was a screamer before you did.

by Anonymousreply 18205/15/2013

He would be 'happier' out of the closet? No. I'd say 'bitter' and 'scarier'...proven by DL.

by Anonymousreply 18305/15/2013

R164, you would be able to operate that equipment too. A tragedy that MRSA gnawed your hands away, but years of scooping heaping piles of shit off of the ground and eating it took its toll on you, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 18505/15/2013

"Oscar Wilde" gay means he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 18605/15/2013

He's just as bi as Richard Simmons.

by Anonymousreply 18705/15/2013

So, the DL Mos who kept saying "he's one of us" were just being fangurl-esque delusional...turns out the he's the american Jude Law and his wife isn't exactly a beard.

by Anonymousreply 18805/16/2013

R25 Oh yeah, it's none of her business to out someone as BI...but, to out someone as GAY then it IS everybody's business!

by Anonymousreply 18905/16/2013

Why can't Revolta come out?

by Anonymousreply 19005/18/2013

Well a lot of gay men would probably be happier if he came out but they probably would have been even happier if he'd come out in 1977.But he;s probably bisexual because he loved Diana Hyland from Eight Is Enough.

by Anonymousreply 19105/18/2013

R190, They know all his secrets? No one will protect him like they have? They'll give him cement shoes?

by Anonymousreply 19205/18/2013

A lot of it probably has to do with the death of his son.

He could have faced legal action, and it's tied up with the $cienos.

by Anonymousreply 19305/18/2013

So is Travolta actually bisexual or is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 19505/18/2013

[quote]Well a lot of gay men would probably be happier if he came out but they probably would have been even happier if he'd come out in 1977.

A lot of gay men would probably be happier if he were straight and never attempted unwanted advances toward men. The way he pervs on people in gyms and health spas gives all gays a bad reputation.

by Anonymousreply 19705/18/2013

And just when did Gays have a good reputation?

by Anonymousreply 19805/19/2013

Is R198 a self-hating gay or a Fundie frau?

by Anonymousreply 19905/19/2013

"I'd say 'bitter' and 'scarier'...proven by DL."

DLers like you, for instance?

by Anonymousreply 20005/19/2013

"So, the DL Mos who kept saying "he's one of us" were just being fangurl-esque delusional..."

No, the fangurl-esque delusional ones are the people who insist he's "bi" - where are all the masseuses coming forward and saying he sexually harrassed them?

by Anonymousreply 20105/19/2013

Actually R196 there is men are bisexual and can be bisexual just like women are. Being biphobic like that is just as bad as being homophobic and you're a total hypocrite.

What are with the rumors that Travolta offed his son and how it's connected to the clams?

by Anonymousreply 20205/20/2013

What's the difference between to believe anonymous DLers and to believe Margaret Cho R201?

by Anonymousreply 20305/21/2013

I've been listening to the audio book version of Lawrence Wright's recent book "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief." Wright's very straight forward about Travolta being gay and how Scientology was both afraid he'd be outed but not afraid to use the threat of outing him to keep him connected.

The portrait Wright presents of Scientology and its adherents is as totally cultish and scary as hell.

by Anonymousreply 20405/21/2013

To some, bisexuality is gay.

by Anonymousreply 20505/21/2013

R205 only to confused gay men and confused lesbians who don't understand bisexuality and who are bigots and just as bad as homophobic straight people only worse since they're within the so called LGBT "community".

by Anonymousreply 20605/21/2013

For me, I think a celebrity is treated unfairly in the sense that their sexuality should only be discussed in public by themselves, not others. You and I don't have the media scrutiny that a celebrity has and we can choose to tell or not tell anyone we want or who is close enough to share that part of our lives. Being gay doesn't define the type of person you are or should be.

So as non-celebrities, we have control over our private lives.If we choose to keep our sexuality from a prospective employer (not that it should ever be an issue for a job)then we can. A celebrity should have the same options that we do, especially since it clearly does impact their ability to be cast in a role. Acting is fake, so there's no crime in being fake in getting a part. YOu are not playing yourself, you are playing a character. It has now become a sort of witch hunt to try and out a celebrity as if to make them seem "less" than the rest of us. That is really troublesome to me.

by Anonymousreply 20705/22/2013

He didn't gain tabloid attention for being gay, r207. He got their attention by sticking his cock in the face of straight men.

If you walked into the home next to you with no clothes on and jacking off, do you think that it should be ignored by all because you're a private person? Do you think there would be no scandal?

Of course, Travolta lucked out a few times with some guys, like Luis Gonzalez, who enjoyed having sex with him. It probably would not have gotten Enquirer notice had there not been a whole slew of men who didn't like his cock shoved at them.

by Anonymousreply 20805/22/2013

From the NY Daily News - May 2012:

ANOTHER FORMER massage therapist has come forward, this one with compliments claiming John Travolta has a magical set of lips.

"He's a great kisser," Luis Gonzalez, now living overseas, told the National Enquirer. "I know because I had sex with him, and he loved it."€

Gonzalez told the Enquirer he found the Saturday Night Fever star "very experienced" in bed. He told the newspaper he spent an afternoon having passionate sex with Travolta at the posh Ritz-Carlton hotel in Laguna Niguel, Calif., in 1997.

The former masseur claimed the randy rendezvous started shortly after he set up his massage table in the actor's room.

Travolta reportedly stripped down and said it was too warm for a top sheet, Gonzalez said.

"I gladly let him lay on the table naked . . . and within five minutes, Travolta spread his legs and I could see an erection," he told the Enquirer. "He moved around and started to breathe heavily. He'd say, 'Oh, yeah, that feels so good! A little higher, please!'"€

Gonzalez said Travolta made it clear he wanted more than a regular massage, so the couple hopped into the sack.

"We got into the bed that was right next to the massage table and had a really good time," he claimed.

by Anonymousreply 20905/22/2013

Who cares about Travolta. Margaret should tossed Hugh Jackman's ass out of the proverbial closet. He is such a phoney "Mr. NiceGuy". He make me sick!!!!

by Anonymousreply 21005/22/2013

Hey 196!You're wrong!there is such a thing as male bisexuality!I've known some and I'm slightly that way myself1And so is John Travolta because he was very much in love with Diana Hyland who played his mom in "Boy In The Plastic Bubble"and he married a hot babe Kelly Preston!

by Anonymousreply 21105/22/2013

"You and I don't have the media scrutiny that a celebrity has and we can choose to tell or not tell anyone we want or who is close enough to share that part of our lives. Being gay doesn't define the type of person you are or should be."

But of course it's okay if the media exposes the private life of STRAIGHT celebs. Let's expose Tiger Woods as a het adulterer, but let's not say who's gay because homosexuality is a dirty secret!

by Anonymousreply 21205/22/2013

No, its not okay to expose what goes on in someone's private life, straight or gay. What happened with Tiger was between him and his wife, but as with all things, because it's a public person, the media feels nothing is off limits. I don't agree. Unless they are breaking the law, private matters should remain private, it has nothing to do with being gay. So Margaret Cho saying Travolta is gay is unfair since she's not saying her friend Shirley is a lesbian because no one knows who her friend Shirley is or cares for that matter. It's only newsworthy because Travolta is an actor. If the guy in a golf foursome is carrying on with several women and cheating on his wife, it's not going to be national news. Get it?? It's private. If Travolta broke the law, he should arrested, not everyone jumping on an opportunity to file a lawsuit to collect money. Get it? That's the difference my friend.

by Anonymousreply 21305/22/2013

"If Travolta broke the law, he should arrested, not everyone jumping on an opportunity to file a lawsuit to collect money"

So celebs should have the right to be private...but ordinary people shouldn't have the right to file lawsuits? Ha ha. You sound like a stupid fanboi.

by Anonymousreply 21405/22/2013

[quote]Hugh Jackman's ass out of the proverbial closet. He is such a phoney "Mr. NiceGuy".

Hear hear.

by Anonymousreply 21505/22/2013

R204 does it talk about Tom and Nicole as well?

by Anonymousreply 21605/22/2013

Who wouldn't be happier out of the closet? As they say, you're only as sick as your secrets.

by Anonymousreply 21705/22/2013

r214 and you sound like a naive idiot. You should know that most lawsuits against celebrities are filed for extortionistic reasons. They figure that to avoid the publicity, the celebrity will settle. You don't usually see a lawsuit about sexual harassment against someone who lives next door. Usually, you would call the police and file charges first. Civil lawsuits are a secondary method for restitution.

by Anonymousreply 21805/22/2013

R213 that's nice but you're forgetting that clams like Revolta, Will and Jada, and Tammy Cruise are in the Co$ and that cult is against LGBT people. I say out the motherfucking cowards.

Celebrities as a whole have no rights to privacy and they know it, and many are media or attention whores to the media.

by Anonymousreply 21905/22/2013

R218 also don't forget the closet queens who sue when someone says the truth that they are bisexual or gay, when in reality actual hetero male celebrities just laugh it off as gossip and don't care if someone thinks they are bi or gay since they're hetero and there's no need to get their panties in a bunch and sue someone over it.

Also by doing this it's as though the closet queens are saying that there's something wrong with being bisexual or gay, with being out, or with being known as gay or bi.

by Anonymousreply 22005/22/2013

[quote]figure that to avoid the publicity, the celebrity will settle.

That's not the case with Travolta. He already has decades of publicity about his perving on straight men. He settles because, if he goes to court, there are too many men to testify against him. He would lose million$.

by Anonymousreply 22105/23/2013

R216, it definitely does. It talks about Tom all the way up through the Holmes wedding. It mentions that $cientology even had an organized project to find him a girlfriend after Nicole. It also claims he even approached President Clinton to help lobby for more favorable standing of $cientology in Germany and Britain.

by Anonymousreply 22205/24/2013

[quote]Of course, Travolta lucked out a few times with some guys, like Luis Gonzalez, who enjoyed having sex with him.

Do you mean the baseball player or was it some random bi or gay guy at the spa or bath house named Luis Gonzalez who hooked up with JT?

This book about JT and other closeted bi/gay celebs came out has anyone here actually read it?

by Anonymousreply 22305/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!