Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How come Shawn Hornbeck STILL can't talk about what happened?

Anderson interviewed Shawn Hornbeck today on his show and prefaced the interview by saying he is not allowed to ask him anything about the kidnapping or what happened. Why? It's been 6 years since he's been found and he's still not ready to talk about it?

Something's just not right. He wasn't chained up or held captive. He spent all his time playing video games, watching TV and eating pizza and junk food. He was allowed to roam free outside of the house. He biked and skateboarded in the neighborhood. He had sleepovers at friends' houses. Why did he never run away or ask someone for help? Someone even asked him if he was Shawn Hornbeck and he said no. It's like he didn't want to be found. Something just doesn't add up.

by Anonymousreply 8712/24/2014

He was fucked in the ass for 6 years

by Anonymousreply 105/09/2013

That doesn't explain why he didn't just leave and ride his bike home.

by Anonymousreply 205/09/2013

OP, R2, Who can explain the mental state of a sexually abused child? Was he also physically abused? Terrorized into thinking that any attempt at escape would lead to dire consequences? Surviving by creating a total mental block or a false persona where his ability to reason was shut down as well?

by Anonymousreply 305/09/2013

So what did they talk about?

by Anonymousreply 405/09/2013

I thought the kidnapper threatened to kill his family, and used other brainwashing techniques to keep Shawn compliant. But I might be thinking of another case.

by Anonymousreply 505/09/2013

He just LOVED being raped, tortured, strangled and kidnapped, ya know? Cuz that steady stream of dick was just THAT good!

by Anonymousreply 805/09/2013

Bill? Bill O'Reilly, is that you at the OP?

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013

OP, along with R1, exhibited all the traits of being fucked up, sadistic people, hoping to jack off to the thoughts of, discussion of and/or admission by a male victim that he was raped.

Isn't that right, OP? It kinda makes you 'hot', doesn't it? You want to see it typed-out, preferably talked about by the kid himself to give you some nice, hot-nasty jack off material. Because, I mean, what's more HAWT that a cute twink being brutally raped up his ass. And maybe it was by a "hawt daddy", right R1? Am I right OP? Yeah, SO hot.

And yeah, R6, a "steady dose of dick" is just magical, especially by straight, young boys.

..the three of you should be euthanized, preferably painfully.

by Anonymousreply 1105/09/2013

Why did Anderson have him on if he couldn't talk about the kidnapping? What the hell did they talk about? The NBA playoffs?

by Anonymousreply 1405/09/2013

Because, OP, once he opens that floodgate, the deluge begins.

Talk to one media person, every other "journalist" will act like he "owes" them a dirty details interview as well. And the Nancy Graces, Barbara Walters, and John Quinoneses AND their predatory producers will *never* let him be. They gotta get that "get."

He'd be re-opening that wound every day and twice on Sundays. Never mind being trotted out as some "expert" every time some other pretty white girl or boy goes missing.

Besides, after he got older and "agedout," so to speak, didn't his abductor use Shawn to procure new younger boys who fit the freak's age requirement? I wouldn't want to talk about that, either. He would catch all kinds of hell for doing that.

by Anonymousreply 1505/09/2013

How did he finally escape?

by Anonymousreply 1605/09/2013

Just because he hasn't talked about it in public, does not mean he hasn't talked about it. I'm sure he's been through tons of therapy. Nobody in the public needs to know the specifics of what happened.

He's been doing interviews for his local news. He seems like he's adjusted well. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 1705/09/2013

Didn't Shawn escape when his captor brought home another boy and Shawn figured he'd be killed?

by Anonymousreply 2105/09/2013

Why should he?

by Anonymousreply 2205/09/2013

Male rape victims can have ambivalent and confusing ideas about their rape if they had an orgasm during the act, either from the sexual aspect of the rape, or if the rapist made the effort to get the victim off. A younger victim, who has not had a chance yet to sort out his sexuality may wonder about what happened.

by Anonymousreply 2605/09/2013

It's pretty obvious he doesn't want to explain his behavior. He'd rather let people as stupid and ill-motivated as r7 make his story for him. That said, he's really under no obligation to do anything. It's just that if he wants privacy now and doesn't want to talk about it, he shouldn't be doing interveiws.

by Anonymousreply 2705/09/2013

These Chester's like Sandusky fuck with your head-the one on your shoulders to be specific. Shawn obviously bonded with his rapist and may have had a pang of jealously/fear when the guy kidnaped a younger,fresher boy to molest. A skilled pedophile knows that sex can be pleasurable and uses that knowledge to control and manipulate his victims.

by Anonymousreply 2905/09/2013

Yeah, but wasn't he 15 or 16 by then? He may have been hot to normal people, but for a pedophile, that's old and washed up.

by Anonymousreply 3005/09/2013

[quote]Shawn pings. I think in some perverted way, he and his kidnapper were a couple. And he's ashamed of it.

Please go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 3105/09/2013

I see the basement dwelling pervs at R32.

How many children have you kidnapped and raped?

by Anonymousreply 3305/09/2013

Someone please check R25's basement!

So because he pings, he must've enjoyed getting raped everyday for years? And getting strangled and threatened was just foreplay with his boyfriend, right?

by Anonymousreply 3405/09/2013

Stockholm syndrome settled in.

before that, the abductor knew where sean's parents lived. He' threatened to kill them if sean tried to run. Sean is protecting his family by staying. It's all mind control. You're dealing with a child. No street smarts.

by Anonymousreply 3705/09/2013

Also... The specific details of abuse don't matter. Why do we need to know what specifically happened sexually? We don't. Abuse is abuse. He doesn't need the world visualizing what he went through. It's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 3805/09/2013

Shawn is an outlier case. No doubt he is a victim but the reason he doesn't want to get into his story is because it doesn't fit the neat mold. It's also been pretty clearly implied that he had a hand in kidnapping/abusing the younger victim.

by Anonymousreply 3905/09/2013

[quote]Something just doesn't add up.

It's this attitude, as with the idiot in the rescued girls in Cleveland thread, that completely enrages me. It tells me that these two fuckers led such a life of ease that they could never understand nor comprehend just what it means to live in fear of an adult/authority figure.

It freezes you up. And it is incredibly difficult to articulate to another human being just how unable you are to move forward, especially if you're STILL a child. It takes years to be able to figure it out on a personal level, how on earth are you supposed to sum up that kind of experience for an audience? It can't be done.

I remember how I felt as a child having to listen to my father beating the shit of my mother. I'd be shivering down in my bedroom, my arms around my little brother and sister trying to comfort them, and wishing with all my heart that I could do something to make him stop, to stomp upstairs and hurt him the way he hurt us, to feel like a superhero and save her. But the truth of it was I was absolutely terrified of him. It kept me immobilized. I was a twelve year old girl and he had about 200 pounds on me and a temper that was all-consuming. And the shame that I felt about not being able to stand up to him (or my mother, she was no picnic, either) engulfed me for a long time; well into adulthood.

Is it really that difficult for you to comprehend how much power an adult can have over an 11 year old's thought-process? Especially one that he wants to keep. I had to deal with mindfucking and abuse from people who actually birthed me and supposedly loved me. What of someone who has kidnapped another person against their will?

They will do and say ANYTHING to keep the mind and being of that person under their control. It's as simple as that. Sure, Devlin let this kid out and created a scenario that wouldn't look out of place--that of a dad raising his son. And the fact that Hornbeck didn't run, even after his torture and abasement at the hands of his captor, tells you a LOT about what kind of mind games this guy was playing on a CHILD. It didn't even have to be threats. He could have told him stories about Shawn's parents, how they never loved him, could never want him as much as Devlin, or whatever bullshit came into his head.

Think about it for a second. You're so vulnerable at that age, and all it takes is one person convincing you that you're worthless, or that they have complete power over you, for you to lose your self-esteem, self-preservation, self-worth, your entire self. And it becomes very important to live within those strict boundaries that person has placed on you because you're so terrified of what might be beyond them.

It must be so nice to have grown up so whitebread and drama-free that you absolutely cannot fathom that kind of situation. And that you really can't appreciate how easy it is to fuck with an eleven year old's (or fourteen year old, or even a terrified woman being raped on a daily basis) head.

Count yourself lucky, OP. And good job with those empathy skills.

by Anonymousreply 4005/09/2013

I live in St. Louis. I was intensely moved when Hornbeck was found. The comments here about the effects of that kind of abuse are right - no one should presume it is as simply as "just walk" when it's a kid involved. The Stockholm Syndrome and the impact of rape, manipulation and lies can't be shrugged off. And the kid had pleaded for his life when the asshole was starting to kill him - he made a deal.

I was suckered by a sexual abuser as a young teen and it went on for years. I could have stopped it any time I wanted. But I was taken in, convinced no one cared, certain I was stuck. I look back and barely can fit my mind into the scenario now, but at the time it seemed hopeless and I felt I had no power. And I wasn't kidnapped, beat up, strangled, and told my family and I would be killed if I ran.

As for the idiot OP bitching about not hearing all the sordid details, it's a disgrace to suggest "something's not right" just because it thinks it deserves - what? To hear how being fucked felt?

And one reason for some of the silence is that because of what had happened to him, Hornbeck behaved initially in a complicit way when the other boy was taken. The guilt of that, as an inadvertent part of a conspiracy, weighs heavily. Thankfully the authorities saw it right, but it's another element that pleads for silence and discretion.

by Anonymousreply 4105/09/2013

Ignore the OP Bill O'Rielly.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 4205/09/2013

Elizabeth Smart answered this question this week. She said after he had raped her several times she felt so dirty that she didn't think anyone would love her again. Some of you guys don't quite understand the stigma of rape. Some husbands can never touch their wives again. In parts of Africa and the Middle East a woman is considered spoiled. In parts of Africa men kick their raped wives out never to see their children even though it was not the woman's fault. Then you have young kids being raped and there is no way their self worth doesn't plummet. I am sure their rapists told them it was their fault. Now add a homophobic society to that and, yeah, that boy has mental problems he will never get over, especially if he is straight. I think it is a miracle he is even showing up for any of these shows.

by Anonymousreply 4305/09/2013

I wish there was this much understanding for Michael Jackson's victim.

by Anonymousreply 4405/09/2013

[quote]Why do we need to know what specifically happened sexually?

Cause it might be hot?

by Anonymousreply 4505/09/2013

I think he abused the younger kid along with Devlin.

by Anonymousreply 4705/09/2013

[quote] you could never understand nor comprehend just what it means to live in fear of an adult/authority figure.

R40, just because your fit boyfriend told you to skip a few desserts doesn't make him an authority figure and you certainly don't need to "live in fear" that he'll find your stash of ho-hums.

by Anonymousreply 4805/09/2013

R48, your earlier comments do not set up your authority to be such a rat's ass.

And R46, quit misreading what I wrote to justify your own subjective and based-on-nothing fantasizing that this victim of horrible crime inevitably is going to do something to get you off. Of course my case is my case - I wrote that I kept quiet and was cooperative in something that harmed me, and so could see the larger effects on Hornbeck. Big deal. I also wrote the same thing you did - that Hornbeck was complicit in the later case - again, so what? It is not atypical as a response to long-term abuse. It does not mark Hornbeck as a future perpetrator.

Your false reasoning and "feeling" like you know something are disgusting in this context. "Steely" - what a foul and false interpreter of human behavior you are.

The tendency of the types of emotionally stunted snarks seen on this thread to stir their own crap into the mix is an indication that it doesn't take being kidnapped or abused to be fucked in the head. Corkscrew logic and insupportable conclusions dressed in slime.

by Anonymousreply 4905/09/2013

I can understand why he doesn't want to talk about it, but WHY go on TV to dance around it and pretend it didn't happen?

What did they talk about in the interview?

by Anonymousreply 5005/09/2013

R50, because he can offer an insider's perspective without giving details.

by Anonymousreply 5205/09/2013

The OP is a sick troll. Also R25, $35 R46 sounds like a very sick & disturbed individual trying to get off on child rape. Really I hope datalounge figures out his IP and report him as a potential pedo. Why wait for all the coulda & shouldas like what happened with the terrorist. I'm calling it now. Those are the posts of a person that should be watched.

He was 11 when he was kidnapped. He was raped & beaten every day for 30 days. Then he was taken by truck to a wooded area to be killed and strangled. While he was being strangled he pleaded for his life. His kidnapper agreed not to kill him if he agreed to certain conditions including never giving away anything about himself. He was afraid that he was going to be killed everyday. All that was presented in court. Why the hell would anyone want to talk to anyone about that. He's not your entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 5305/09/2013

r51, just reading that idiotic projecting post makes any sane person hope you are sucked up by a tornado and impaled on a rusty stake.

by Anonymousreply 5405/09/2013

[quote] sucked up by a tornado and impaled on a rusty stake

Amazing how the language we choose reveals our true nature and deepest desires.

"Sucked up by a tornado" "Impaled on a rusty stake?"

It doesn't take a PhD in Freudian psychology to figure out what's on your mind, R54. You're sick.

You're sick, R54. Get some help and leave Shawn out of your disgusting sick games. This is truly why they hate us.

by Anonymousreply 5505/09/2013

He will talk about it IF he is ready. How soon a victim of sexual and mental abuse chooses to speak about their ordeal is their business not yours OP.

by Anonymousreply 5605/09/2013

Defending a child rapist.

Blaming the victim.

Saying raping a child could be "hot".

For the first time ever, I actually do hope the authorities are monitoring what people are doing on line. If only to lock up the sickos who posted here.

by Anonymousreply 5705/09/2013

His bio dad was a sleaze. I'm not a geneticist, but...

by Anonymousreply 5805/09/2013

Well, if his mom picked one sex offender, might she have had the misfortune of somehow selecting another one? Like some battered women go on to find another batterer as their next partner. Maybe step-dad showed a lot of interest in Shawn while they they were dating and she interpreted as "He likes kids. He'll make a good father." not as a red flag. I don't know anything about his mother and step-father or what their home was like, but it kind of makes me wonder if Shawn might not have made an effort to go back home because he was getting it worse there.

by Anonymousreply 5905/09/2013

God I hate Shawn Hornbeck threads. Such obvious trolls.

Shut up R60. You're embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6105/09/2013

Then why bother being interviewed?!

by Anonymousreply 6608/03/2013

67 watches a lot of CSI. He knows about these things.

by Anonymousreply 6808/03/2013

How sad those human beings who cannot possibly understand the mind-set and fears of another. Shawn was undoubtedly a very sensitive, child who possibly learned to block extremely traumatic events. If he never left the house, and didn't know anybody, then whom could he contact? Rapists convince victims that they've got no choice and will be tortured to death if they even try to escape.

I'll bet Shawn gave the initial interview to let those that had cared about him, but were still strangers, that he was OK. He also wanted to give back and let others know the dangers of child abduction, and how to be safe.

How could he convince others of the horrors he lived with on a daily basis? Would others, like those on this thread that lack empathy, just denigrate him further?

by Anonymousreply 6908/03/2013

Who are the sickos who want to hear the gory details?

by Anonymousreply 7008/03/2013

Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it because he actually grew to like his new life and didn't really want to go back to his parents.

by Anonymousreply 7108/03/2013

I thought that he did an interview with Oprah a few years back and talked about it? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

But no one's seemed to answer this question, if he doesn't want to answer questions about his ordeal, that's fine... but then why is he being interviewed? Just what did they talk about? And if you don't want to be asked questions or be in the public eye, why are you putting yourself out there at all?

by Anonymousreply 7208/03/2013

[quote]He was fucked in the ass for 6 years

Sounds like heaven!

by Anonymousreply 7308/03/2013

Apparently it was him who did an interview with Oprah but he didn't give specifics about what happened.

When Oprah asked Shawn privately why he never called his parents, Shawn said he was "terrified."

by Anonymousreply 7408/03/2013

I wasn't questioning people wanting to see that he's okay. I was asking a legitimate question as to what he talks about in these interviews if they can't ask him questions about his ordeal. I don't care one way or another if he's doing interviews, I've just never watched any of them, and therefore was actually just wondering what he talks abot.

by Anonymousreply 7808/04/2013

[quote]Shawn was undoubtedly a very sensitive, child who possibly learned to block extremely traumatic events. If he never left the house, and didn't know anybody, then whom could he contact?

But he left the house all the time. He had a bike and was free to go anywhere. He even had sleepovers at a friend's house. The parents of that friend are now mad at him because they couldn't believe he lied to them all this time and never reached out for help if he really wanted it.

by Anonymousreply 7908/05/2013

Seriously i dont know what is he thinking he could simply call the police to catch him and nothing would happen

by Anonymousreply 8012/22/2014

Maybe he was an accomplice with his captor for some crimes so he doesn't want to incriminate himself.

by Anonymousreply 8112/22/2014

The nasty and ignorant shits here know nothing of the child's mind, the effects of manipulation and control, the harm of being held in fear for one's life, the effects of time as a child matures, and the self-loathing that comes from such an experience.

The kid begged for his life when the guy took him out to kill him. The man told the kid the parents had given up on him and that they wouldn't want him after what happened. He let the kid feel complicit. And he told the kid he would kill the family if the kid ever tried to contact him. By the time the younger "replacement" was kidnapped, the then-teen had become fully assimilated in the life, as the control games continued through the years. It was only when the other kid was brought in that the balance slipped.

Also, in the immediate aftermath of the second kidnapping, Shawn acted as an accomplice at first. Freaking out and hearing the kid's reactions helped break the link.

The other cases that have been told of women being held in houses and compounds also strain the credulity of unthinking assholes who expect people in horrible and abnormal situations to respond in a rational way, especially once threats, physical harm, abuse, debasement and the clever mind games the perpetrators use have had their impact.

Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 8212/22/2014

Such an odd thread to bump.

by Anonymousreply 8312/22/2014

you disgust me OP.

by Anonymousreply 8412/22/2014

I don't think I have ever been more disgusted at some of the people who post on this site.

by Anonymousreply 8612/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!