Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nancy Grace and Ashleigh Banfield Hold Split-Screen Interview in Same Parking Lot

by Anonymousreply 1905/09/2013

Funny--the New York Times has not covered the Arias case at all. I don't think there is anything on its website about the verdict. I haven't heard it talked about on MSNBC either. Why and how did it become a big story on CNN?

by Anonymousreply 105/08/2013

Thanks to Jon Stewart for pointing that out on tonight's "Daily Show."

HLN's coverage of the Arias trial verdict was pure, unadulerated, sublime camp.

by Anonymousreply 205/08/2013

Nancy Grace is as fake as Judge Judy.

by Anonymousreply 305/09/2013

What is fake about Judge Judy? She seems pretty transparent to me.

by Anonymousreply 405/09/2013

Her show is fake r4. She's a fraud and a loser. She's playing a cartoon character.

by Anonymousreply 505/09/2013

I love how people are still claiming CNN to be a liberal network.

by Anonymousreply 605/09/2013

[quote]Why and how did it become a big story on CNN?

[quote]I love how people are still claiming CNN to be a liberal network.

Just nitpicking, but Nancy Grace is on HLN, not CNN (and yes, I know they're owned by the same corporate parent). Where HLN is nonstop Jodi Arias, CNN is all about the Cleveland kidnapping victims.

by Anonymousreply 705/09/2013

r7, Nancy did this on CNN. They brought her on. Ashleigh is part of CNN, thus the reason she was part of it.

by Anonymousreply 805/09/2013

[quote]Her show is fake [R4]. She's a fraud and a loser. She's playing a cartoon character.

Well, that was compelling.

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013

That Ashleign Banfield woman has got to be one of the most absurd, irritating, unprofessional and obnoxious reporters across the television spectrum.

She fits right in on the ridiculous HLN. She's even better suited for Faux News.

I watched her for over a year on the CNN Early State program with Zorida Sambolin (sp?) and she would make her poor co-host cringe at least once an hour.

She's also been fired from every network she's worked for and her time at CNN/Turner is ticking down no doubt. She's just so far down the food chain that Jeff Zucker hasn't noticed her yet.

She really is absolutely horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013

Nancy always looks like she smells a tiny turd somewhere and can't tell whether it is adhered to her clothes, or what. A disdainful, awful look ALL THE TIME!

by Anonymousreply 1105/09/2013

[quote]She's also been fired from every network she's worked for

MSNBC fired her for criticizing the practice of having journalists "embedded" with the troops in the early days of the Iraq War. Her bravery in calling out the media for being stenographers for the Dept. of Defense is something this country could use more of. The War Party likes its bought-and-paid-for journalists to be subservient and compliant.

by Anonymousreply 1205/09/2013

r10 you know nothing about Ashleigh Banfield. She was a rising star during the early days of MSNBC and was good as any broadcast journalist can get. She covered 9-11. In the lead-up to the war, Ashleigh criticized the media for basically going along with the Bush doctrine. She was fired because she spoke out. MSNBC in its early years was a CNN/Fox-wannabe. It also fired Phil Donahue.

CNN could turn any journalist into a cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 1305/09/2013

Here's Jon Stewart's take on it.

by Anonymousreply 1405/09/2013

Why did CNN do this?

by Anonymousreply 1505/09/2013

Some producers weren't thinking.

by Anonymousreply 1605/09/2013

MSNBC did some coverage of JA story as well as a "breaking" segment when the verdict was read. Martin Bashir and guests dedicated more time to the story than I would have expected.

Surprisingly, HuffPo seemed like a version of HLN. They loved covering it and linking live trial feed, blogs, comments, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1705/09/2013

It's pretty obvious. Grace was set up for HLN and Banfield for CNN. They could not share a set-up because they sometimes had to report simultaneously for different networks. It made little sense to have one move to the other's set-up when they both appeared on CNN and then run back when done because they had no desk set-up for more than one reporter at either location.

by Anonymousreply 1805/09/2013

Whatever, r18. It still looked ridiculous and mock-worthy.

by Anonymousreply 1905/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!