Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Now You See Me

I see Jesse Eisenberg's playing the know-it-all little shit yet again.

by Anonymousreply 1102/23/2014

what's new.

by Anonymousreply 105/09/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 205/09/2013

I'm sick of eisenberg playing the same character over and over.

by Anonymousreply 305/09/2013

This film features DL favorite Elias Koteas in a minor role. Hopefully he will exhibit his meaty bulge to distract from Eisenberg's smug face for a while.

by Anonymousreply 405/09/2013

If I were Eisenberg, I would avoid roles like that like the plague. He's going to get incredibly typecast otherwise. Kevin Spacey got cast in very similar roles and then even he had trouble breaking out of that straitjacket for movies--he's had to move to TV and theater roles to get other kinds of parts.

by Anonymousreply 505/09/2013

[quote]I'm sick of eisenberg playing the same character over and over.

Actually, its a very good move. I built my whole career and won three Oscars playing the same role over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 605/09/2013

Playing the lovable crazy fuck-up over and over again is indeed a good career move, Mr. Nicholson: Robert Downey is now doing it and he's making a billion dollars.

However, playing the prissy smirking asshole over and over again is not quite the same thing. Audiences are not going to love Eisenberg forever the way they love you and Downey.

by Anonymousreply 705/09/2013

Jesse has a very limited palette: fey and scrawny. He was good for a while, but then he grew up and can't make any impact as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 805/09/2013

Finally caught the movie on cable tonight.

It was actually pretty fun. A decent enough way to pass the time. Didn't LOVE it, and sorta glad I didn't pay to see it in theaters, but it was perfectly serviceable, if a bit ridiculous, and definitely had its moment.

by Anonymousreply 902/23/2014

World-wide gross was a hefty $351,723,989 ... only a third of that in the USA. Wow.

That, on an estimated production budget of $75million.

by Anonymousreply 1002/23/2014

I think he's attractive, but too bad he's stuck up on himself.

by Anonymousreply 1102/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.