Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GMA should fire Robin Roberts

She is only there a couple of days a week and the rest of the time, it's usually Elizabeth Vargas filling in. Just get rid of Robin and put in Elizabeth full time.

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2014

Elizabeth Vargas. You mean that homophobic cunt who's on ABC's Friday night shitfest? Thanks, but no.

by Anonymousreply 105/08/2013

OP, I'll just get the insults out of the way for you so people will discuss the rest of your argument.

You are a racist, misogynistic, self-loathing homophobe.

Can we move on now?

by Anonymousreply 205/08/2013

I refuse to watch GMA.

GMA should fire itself for this whole distasteful spectacle and I fault Roberts for her self-aggrandizement and ABC Network.

To watch Roberts,you'd think there are not thousands of other cancer victims who quietly, courageously and anonymously deal with cancer every day, and do so without her money and position.

I wish I could take credit for the following, but at a previous Robin Roberts thread, a DLer wrote something like "The funeral ratings will be through the roof!"

signed, ABC Executive.

That about sums up this whole death watch thing.

by Anonymousreply 305/08/2013

Notice R2 thinking that Miss Robin should get a free ride because of - what, cunt? - race, sexual orientation and gender? Eat shit. I heartily agree with the OP - and when the woman is on she can't concentrate - useless!

Why doesn't she follow Tim Russert's example (rather than Elizabeth Edwards') and just go some place to die quietly. Is there something inherent in being a woman of color that demands exerting yourself in front of cameras when you can't do your job? I think not - that R2's version of America. I have more faith in black, gay women who are riddled with malignancy.

by Anonymousreply 405/08/2013

Believe you me I don't think she should get a free ride. I was merely preempting the venom/insults that would typically come from suggesting anything negative about Robin so we could move on to discussion.

by Anonymousreply 505/08/2013

r4, Tim Russert died unexpectedly. He did not "go somewhere to die quietly." You are an idiot.

Do you think Robin Roberts, herself, planned all the press she got and personally spearheaded all that media attention? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 605/08/2013

Vargas is part of the discussion too r2, mentioned in the OP. R1's only crime was saying something negative, and perfectly true, about Vargas. She did a 20/20 report sympathetic to Matthew Shepherd's killers, and never apologized for it after the uproar. I don't like Roberts either, but that doesn't mean Vargas is an acceptable replacement, she isn't.

by Anonymousreply 705/08/2013

I saw on GMA today that Robin won some magazine's Most Trusted Woman in Television award.

I wonder if those that voted for her would do so if they realized she likes to eat pussy?

by Anonymousreply 805/08/2013

r1, tell us your source for Vargas being anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 905/08/2013

Except that viewers actually LIKE Robin.

by Anonymousreply 1005/08/2013

R9, ask Matthew Shepard.

by Anonymousreply 1105/08/2013

Can I fill in too?

by Anonymousreply 1205/08/2013

I think Robin has become addicted to all the attention and sympathy she gets for being sick. She comes back, there is a whole lotta hoopla, and then it dies down and she is just one of three anchors on GMA and expected to do her job. Next thing we know, she's back into the hospital, and we get the daily Brave Robin updates on every ABC daytime show, local ABC affiliate newscasts and the celebrity "get well, Robin, we love you" shout outs on GMA. GMA has been criticized for milking her situation for ratings. And by tv critics, not just the viewers. Why fire her when the show gets more publicity when she's not there than when she is?

by Anonymousreply 1305/08/2013

Google "Elizabeth Vargas homophobe" R9.

by Anonymousreply 1405/08/2013

It's silly for Robin Roberts to still be in the closet in this day and age when more and more people have come out.

by Anonymousreply 1505/08/2013

There would be a backlash if the network canned the woman they so shamelessly used to garner ratings during her illness.

by Anonymousreply 1605/08/2013

I'll take her place! I want to start drinking earlier in the morning!

by Anonymousreply 1705/08/2013

I sat across from Robin on a plane recently. She was traveling with her partner, I assume, for the Easter holiday.

I wanted to share with her that my dad has the same condition she has. But when I tried to politely say hello, she claimed that she wasn't who I thought she was, and turned away.

I was actually surprised. It was definitely her.

by Anonymousreply 1805/08/2013

She does not look well on the show. Josh and George have seemed kind of bummed lately too like they know something.

by Anonymousreply 1905/08/2013

Are they waiting for her to die on camera?

by Anonymousreply 2005/08/2013

[quote]Are they waiting for her to die on camera?

It's in her contract that she has to die during sweeps.

by Anonymousreply 2105/08/2013

You should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Get a life!!

by Anonymousreply 2202/18/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!