Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is there a way to get rid of puffy eyes when you wake up?

A cream or something that tightens you up in the morning?

by Anonymousreply 4603/09/2014

I did it by leaving his ass. I mean, I'd wake up and there were Puffy's eyes locked on me.

by Anonymousreply 105/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 205/08/2013

Every girl over twenty-five ought to have a cucumber in the house.

by Anonymousreply 305/08/2013

Lots of under eye stuff you can buy, but does it work? Not much.

by Anonymousreply 405/08/2013

Op, puffy eyes are a build up of lymph fluid. In order to drain this you have to expand the vessels. Try this on a Friday night before you go to bed:

Step in the shower with the shower head spraying your closed eyes and GRADUALLY turn the hot water up to where you can barely stand it. Stay there for a few minutes. When you get out, your face should look lobster red/pink. Go to bed and sleep on your back. Once you get acclimated you can do in the mornings to get rid of overnight buildup. Ice just creates more buildup over time.

The body does not heal that which it does not detect as damaged. This will expand and drain the lymph and actually tighten up, it's those macrophages at work, the skin a bit.

I have posted this before but people seem to like to spend lots of money for cosmetics when good old fashioned free hot water will more than do the trick. It also works for dark circles under the eyes; it's those stimulated macrophages again.

by Anonymousreply 505/08/2013

Give him cab fare.

by Anonymousreply 605/08/2013

a good sound face-slap

by Anonymousreply 705/08/2013

I've always found that rubbing cum in my eyes helped detract from the puffiness.

by Anonymousreply 805/08/2013

Yes, R8. Nothing like a big facial to take care of all skin ailments.

by Anonymousreply 905/08/2013

cucumber slicees

by Anonymousreply 1005/08/2013

Use Preparation H!

by Anonymousreply 1105/08/2013

garnier puffy eye roller

by Anonymousreply 1205/08/2013

One less bottle of wine the night before might help.

by Anonymousreply 1305/08/2013

Prep H and submerging your face in cold water. Oh and chilled wet tea bags

by Anonymousreply 1405/08/2013

It has to be black tea, mind you- it's the caffeine that does it. BTW, get the Canadian Prop H (avail on Amazon). That's the original formula (some kind of yeast extract). The new one does nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1505/08/2013

So r14 says cold, r5 says hot. Both claim to be the magic secret. Who's right??

by Anonymousreply 1605/09/2013

Dip metal spoon in glass of eyes while you brush your teeth/ bathe etc, and then apply cold metal spoon on eyelids.

by Anonymousreply 1705/09/2013

tea bags work me, black tea stated before

by Anonymousreply 1805/09/2013

Why ice of course. (and no closeups until you have been awake for at least 4 hours.)

by Anonymousreply 1905/09/2013

R5, is it even worth doing if you can't sleep on your back? I'm unable to because of a knee injury and have to sleep on my side, but I'd love to try the hot water trick anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2005/09/2013

Keep witch hazel in your refrigerator. Buy some cotton rounds. Pour witch hazel onto 2 cotton rounds and put them over your eyes for about 3 - 5 minutes. I like to lie on the floor with my feet elevated.

Or if you prefer to spend more money use Clarins Eye Contour Gel for $35.

by Anonymousreply 2105/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 2205/09/2013

I use Sudden Change "Under Eye Firming Serum." It's clear. Lasts all day. $10 at any drug store. Lasts all day.

by Anonymousreply 2305/09/2013

r20, if you do it early on a Saturday morning when you don't mind looking red for a while it doesn't matter, you can sleep however you want as the draining and tightening will happen over the daytime. Once you are used to it you can do it every morning.

The trick is to acclimate to a fairly hot temp so the lymph drains and the body recognizes it as a slight bruise. Over time you will get less and less red.

Also, I use a tulle buff puff under the eye with a slick shampoo to slough off dry skin. I have found that all the gentle, gentle, cream, pat pat is way to fussy and actually creates lumpy puffy skin under the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2405/09/2013

Keep eye creams in the fridge. Amazon sells Asian eyelid glue and strips that work like Sudden Change but better.

by Anonymousreply 2505/09/2013

Thanks R5/R24, I'm going to try this.

by Anonymousreply 2605/10/2013

How long should the ice cold black tea bags be on your eyes and how long does the puffiness stay away?

by Anonymousreply 2703/08/2014

r27, until they become room temperature and until they become room temperature.

by Anonymousreply 2803/08/2014

I've tried virtually every under-eye treatment out there. This is the only one I've found that *truly* works (but note that you have to apply it *before* bed, not in the morning). It gets rid of of both puffiness and tiny wrinkles under the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 2903/08/2014

Don't wake up.

by Anonymousreply 3003/08/2014

Gravity. It lets the lymph fluid drain.

by Anonymousreply 3103/08/2014

For God's sake gents, take it easy with the hot water or you'll end up with burst capillaries

by Anonymousreply 3203/08/2014

I realize this may sound odd, but I take diet coke cans from the fridge and hold them against my eyes for a minute or two. They aren't too cold, but get the swelling down quickly and it helps drain your sinuses.

by Anonymousreply 3303/08/2014

r32, I've seen scalded skin without 'burst capilaries".

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 3403/09/2014

Sweetie, you're dehydrated. Drinks lots of fluids, particularly water, (target 64 ozs.) throughout the day, the earlier in the day the better. (Otherwise, you're going to up & down all night to go pee.) This allows your body to readily flush excess fluids/bloat, while keeping your organs (i.e., eyes) clean and fresh (and non-puffy in the am).

(Cut back on the alcohol - "Drinkie, Drinkie, Puffie Face.")

by Anonymousreply 3503/09/2014

Lots of good advice here, but the best one?

If you can exercise and get sweating, you can get rid of them too. I'm sure many of you have noticed that your face has less puffiness/ eye bags right before you go to bed. An entire day of being upright, urinating, and exercising causes the excess fluid in your body to be pulled into the lower parts of your body due to gravity. Your feet might be a bit swollen, but your eyes wont be puffy. Hot and cold tea bags will BOTH work if they get the fluid moving. If your eyebags are a nuisance to you, try sleeping on higher pillows (to put you head higher than the rest of your body, and stop fluid from pooling in your face).

by Anonymousreply 3603/09/2014

Why does the puffiness only happen around the eyes and not in other parts of the body like hands or feet?

by Anonymousreply 3703/09/2014

Tea bags.

by Anonymousreply 3803/09/2014

R34, if you want to traumatise your no doubt aging, thinning hide with hot water that leaves you fucking "lobster red" then carry on, but others on the thread should be aware that by following your lead, they might end up with broken capillaries ("spider veins") .Tramatising the skin with extreme temperatures is not sound advice.

by Anonymousreply 3903/09/2014

Does the cucumber slices on the eyes really work, and if so, for how long?

by Anonymousreply 4003/09/2014

what about puffy anus?

by Anonymousreply 4103/09/2014

r37, Actually the other places swells as well but it is distributed under thicker skin.

Think of the skin under your eyes like a pulmonary pressure gauge. When they blow up/bag, you are having lymph problems. That is why exercising and increasing body temperature, drains lymph by fluid redistribution.

If you have bags under your eyes it indicates more than just bags under your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4203/09/2014

[quote]Step in the shower with the shower head spraying your closed eyes and GRADUALLY turn the hot water up to where you can barely stand it. Stay there for a few minutes. When you get out, your face should look lobster red/pink.

So in other words, people will look at your first degree burns and ignore your puffy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4303/09/2014

r43, gradual acclimation to hot water is a proven thing that does not result in a burn. The redness disappears over night as does the puffiness.

I recommend testing this out on a Friday night so that the redness can fade. And no I am not recommending a first degree burn. The acclimation prevents this. You obviously missed the word in caps that you quoted: GRADUALLY.

But I remain bag free and spider vein free in a family where everyone has bags.

Hot water, not exactly the $100 serum golden-bullet most gays seek, but surprisingly effective.

by Anonymousreply 4403/09/2014

Puffy eyes is an early sign of kidney disease. A lot of people with puffy eyes actually suffer from CKD and don't even know it.

If you have any other symptoms, might want to get it checked out.

by Anonymousreply 4503/09/2014

A melon baller is a quick and reliable way to get rid of puffy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4603/09/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!