Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did we ever discuss Viola's low self-esteem?

Her god-guzzling speech didn't work did it?

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 105/08/2013

Dearest M: I made some humble pie for you.

by Anonymousreply 205/08/2013

Y'all needs a maid to clean up this here thread.

by Anonymousreply 305/08/2013

working with M drove Viola to a mid life crisis.

by Anonymousreply 405/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 505/08/2013

This makes me like her even more, it explains where she's getting all that emotion from.

The only criticism I can have is she's going for lead when she shouldn't - she is a borderline lead in The Help but I understand that she did the same thing for what won her the Tony Award with Denzel.

I am sick of all this bullshit anyway, clear rules need to be enforced about screen time or what defines lead or something. Kate Winslet was one of the few times they didn't buy the bullshit.

Anyway, I agree with the commenter at the linked site. Viola should have had that Nina Simone role. I like Zoe Saldana, but come on.

by Anonymousreply 605/09/2013

M, so when are playing Sebastian to VD's Viola in a new film version of "Twelfth Night"? Glenn could be Duke Orsino.

by Anonymousreply 705/09/2013

It was dumb to go for lead in hindsight....She'd have every award they gave to Ocatavia if she'd gone supporting.

by Anonymousreply 805/09/2013

Many black women look great,or at least better, with natural hair Solange for example. Wigs/extensions can look really stupid. Fashion bloggers always compliment Viola when she goes natural,but she looks much worse than she does when wearing her short wig(s). Part of it may simply be the awful reddish color, but I just don't think she looks good with her natural do.

by Anonymousreply 905/09/2013

She gave a beautiful, noble, smart and clever performance, and it was a leading role. She should have won the Oscar. I hope she gets another decent role to get it.

by Anonymousreply 1005/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!