Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Did Nancy Pelosi Mean When She Said That You Have To Pass A Bill First To Learn What's In It?

What did she mean? Anyone have the actual quote and the context? I've heard this quote so many times.

by Anonymousreply 1605/08/2013

She was trying to justify the fact that she hadn't read the health care bill and didn't really know what was in it.

by Anonymousreply 105/07/2013

That's a justification?! Was she on crack??

by Anonymousreply 205/07/2013

I forget the exact context but I think she was caught off guard by some question and was just kind of yammering on to cover her inability to answer the specific question asked.

by Anonymousreply 405/07/2013

She knew EXACTLY what was in the healthcare bill.

She's just about the best damn politician in Washington, in terms of getting legislation passed, so naturally the freeps and the creeps jump all over her. OP, just look at her record, and forget about some stray comment that she obviously didn't mean.

by Anonymousreply 505/07/2013

r5 wears rose colored glasses

by Anonymousreply 605/07/2013

Another stealth freeper post.

What she meant was that once a bill is eaten and it's passed, someone will go through your shit to make it a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 705/07/2013

She never said that. This is one of those imaginary events that Regressives have been parading around for the last 3 years.

Making shit up is all Regressives have.

by Anonymousreply 805/07/2013

r7, do you have the whole quote/interview? That sounds like a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 905/07/2013

r8, she did say that. I heard the soundbite.

by Anonymousreply 1005/07/2013

R10 Then you need to get your ears tested, old man. That or your a liar.

by Anonymousreply 1105/07/2013

R8, do you know how dumb you sound and lazy?

"You've heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don't know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it's about diet, not diabetes. It's going to be very, very exciting. But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

by Anonymousreply 1205/07/2013

r8, marry me!

by Anonymousreply 1305/07/2013

R12 Dumb and lazy is thinking "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it" means the same thing as "You have to pass the bill first to learn what's in it"

They dont mean the same thing.

And linking to a right wing Regressive blog? Sure. That says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2013

Also, OP, please note that she was referring to the healthcare bill. She wasn't applying her statement to every bill, like your headline suggests.

by Anonymousreply 1505/07/2013

OP, this isn't Free Republic. No one is going to blindly accept as fact everything you post. You post a lie and you're going to get caught. What you posted is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 1605/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!