Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

105-year-old woman says eating bacon every day is her key to long life

A 105-year-old woman from Richland, Texas says that the key to long life is bacon.

Pearl Cantrell’s love of bacon is so strong that the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile made a stop through town last week to wish her a happy birthday, all because she told a local news station her amazing secret.

“I love bacon, I eat it everyday,” she told a reporter for Abilene-based Big Country Homepage in April. “I don’t feel as old as I am, that’s all I can say.”

One month later, Cantrell was sitting shotgun in the Wienermobile and riding through the town as dozens of local residents watched the strange-looking vehicle pass by.

“We’ve seen a lot of stories on the road, but nothing quite like this one, so we’re excited to be here,” an Oscar Meyer spokesperson told Big Country Homepage. “We know she’s an inspiration. Pearl is an inspiration for the community, and her friends and family. So we had to make a special stop here for her today.”

And, of course, they also gave her a huge case of bacon.

“I love bacon, I could eat it for every meal — and I do!” she said.

This video is from Houston-based KHOU-TV, aired Monday, May 6, 2013.

by Anonymousreply 1205/08/2013

My great aunt loved bacon and lived to 107

by Anonymousreply 105/08/2013

It comes down to genetics.

by Anonymousreply 205/08/2013

Does she eat other things besides bacon?

by Anonymousreply 305/08/2013

"That'll do 105-year-old pig. That'll do."

by Anonymousreply 405/08/2013

A totally "Bless her heart" story if they ever wuz one.

by Anonymousreply 505/08/2013

Well, at least it's low-carb.

by Anonymousreply 605/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 705/08/2013

Oh hush, Chris. Once you win the presidency, you can have the lapband removed.

by Anonymousreply 805/08/2013

W&W for R4. That made me giggle!

by Anonymousreply 905/08/2013

I'd eat more bacon, but who wants to live to be 105?? Egads...

by Anonymousreply 1005/08/2013

Bad news: it's all genetics. Obese couch potato lives to 90. Jogging vegetarian drops dead at 55.

I do believe people who come from a long line of low class or poverty backgrounds have better longevity genes. All the weakling genes are weeded out.

Who knows, they may live even longer if they didn't exist on a diet of soft drinks, high-fat, dope and booze.

by Anonymousreply 1105/08/2013

Bacon won't kill you. It's protein. Protein lowers your cholesterol. Doctors have been scamming the public for decades talking about the dangers of bacon. Meanwhile, the country keeps getting fatter and fatter.

by Anonymousreply 1205/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!