Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ru 2. Rupaul's Drag Race continuation thread.

I hope the winner doesn't let success go to her head.

by Anonymousreply 10305/14/2013

I hope Jinx gets some TV work

by Anonymousreply 105/07/2013

All that plastic surgery and Detox is fine with her nose. I hope Alaska is okay. She has a ton of fans and a lot of them are quite sad about the outcome. I bet Sharon was secretly relieved tho.

Jinkx has shown a lot of class trying to get people to back off of Roxxxy, that's pretty nice. And speaking of pretty, I think Jinkx looked very pretty last night. I hope she doesn't blow all of her winnings on clothes and wigs but it will be nice for her to be able to upgrade. Despite some of the judge's comments, I do think she has a nice sense of style and I think it was money that got in the way of her looking more pulled together.

What drugs are Alaska and Sharon on? It would be weird if their druggy names and schtick was all an act. Will they still live in Pittsburgh? Who was the reality star that one of them namechecked from P'Burgh?

by Anonymousreply 205/07/2013

I didn't like Jinx's wig for her final outfit. Honey Mahogany was really let down by her "Lady Bunny dragged through a bush" wig.

by Anonymousreply 305/07/2013

Yeah, Honey needs to hire yet another design team.

by Anonymousreply 405/07/2013

I do think Alaska came off the best during the finale. Jinkx is funny, but Alaska has the sharper wit.

by Anonymousreply 505/07/2013

The young queenette who did not know who Diana Ross is should be visciously face slapped and never allowed to do drag again.

by Anonymousreply 605/07/2013

I was surprised Ru didn't sneak Olivia Newton John into his gay icons lesson.

by Anonymousreply 705/07/2013

Could we name popular Puerto Rican entertainers from 40 years ago? She barely speaks English and is hardly acculturated in ancient American alcoholic singers.

by Anonymousreply 805/07/2013

I like Alaska's darker sense of humor. Jinkx is "kinder and gentler". But more commercial and face it, more talented. It was a good choice but I bet I'd really enjoy an Alaska show.

I actually think Alyssa Edwards COULD have a nine inch dick. And holy shit, Lady Bunny's read of Alyssa's chin/overbite situation was MEAN. I wonder if the animosity is from Alyssa's new show and LB is jealous?

by Anonymousreply 905/07/2013

r8

Rita! Chita!

by Anonymousreply 1005/07/2013

According to your logic, R8, Maria Callas, Ella Fitzgerald, Bessie Smith, and Billie Holiday should all be assigned to the scrap heap because they're from 40 years ago (or more) and long since dead.

by Anonymousreply 1105/07/2013

I thought Detox's B/W make-up look was cool.

by Anonymousreply 1205/07/2013

Detox was definitely the best dressed of the season 5 contestants at the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 1305/07/2013

[quote]Who was the reality star that one of them namechecked from P'Burgh?

Abby Lee Miller, the woman who owns the dance school on "Dance Moms."

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2013

The face of DataLounge 2013:

by Anonymousreply 1505/07/2013

Ru's "Immigration!" call on Lineysha was stupid. Girl is a US citizen, hunty. Do your research if you're going to mock someone.

by Anonymousreply 1605/07/2013

It wasn't mockery, it was a gibe, and not intended for documentary effect. Get a sense of humor before you criticize anyone else's.

by Anonymousreply 1705/07/2013

#RacistRealness

by Anonymousreply 1805/07/2013

r10, I don't think r8 was referring to Puerto Rican performers who've had successful careers within the American culture, but to divas of Lineysha's own culture.

by Anonymousreply 1905/07/2013

#CognitiveDysfunctionRealness

by Anonymousreply 2005/07/2013

Agreed r17.

Jinkx acted a little strange during the finale. I think it was maybe the effect of her mother and brother being in the audience? She seemed a mix of happy and sad.

Detox looked amazing, but my what an unlikable personality. Stay bitter.

I loved Ru's gay diva-icons rundown! Although it really highlighted how much the new ones suck.

I know most people hate her, but I fucking love Abby Lee Miller. Finding out that she's so gay friendly AND a drag hag was icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 2105/07/2013

Did anyone think Alaska was serving Evie Harris realness in his (potential) coronation look?

by Anonymousreply 2205/07/2013

I'd like to see a RuPaul's Drag Race Senior Edition starring those drag queens that have been around for ever and ever. Over 40 or 50, they usually host shows in their cities and towns and they can read anyone to FILTH if needed.

by Anonymousreply 2305/07/2013

What I want to know is how in hell Ru left Liza off the list of gay diva icons.

by Anonymousreply 2405/07/2013

Jinx seemed nervous during the finale and pushed a little hard with her 'character'. But I am still glad she won.

I wonder if Alaska will gain any weight now that the show is over. It always seems like the queens pack on the pounds once their season ends. It's like they've starved themselves for the duration of the show and then they go on a binge.

Detox proved why she didn't win on the reunion. Yes she looks good, but what an awful ungrateful personality. It doesn't suprise me that she's pals with Willem. I don't want any more of their crowd on the show again. They're not nearly as funny as they think.

by Anonymousreply 2505/07/2013

I did - it was 'all about evie' with that look.

Shame Roxxxy doesn't have an ounce of brains or humor or she could have done a mean Jeffery Roberson er, uh... Varla Jean Merman. I'd tip the heffa if she did 'blue jean jeannie' in that huge dress!

by Anonymousreply 2605/07/2013

I noticed that too, R24.

by Anonymousreply 2705/07/2013

R26 I've always thought her look was more reminiscent of John Candy portraying Divine on SCTV, especially that hideous makeup.

by Anonymousreply 2805/07/2013

Willam can get away with his attitude because he's consistently funny, Detox has never managed to be more than occasionally entertaining. Willam has a really boring aesthetic though, he would have never come up with that black and white look.

by Anonymousreply 2905/07/2013

The most disappointing thing about last night's show was Ivy Winters winning Miss Congeniality. She really wasn't all that nice. And Ivy might possibly be the most boring, personality-less Queen this has ever seen. The only memorable thing about her was Ru's pronunciation of her name (and that became very annoying fast).

NYC, please tell me you have better queens than this. You have some 'splainin to do because except for Manila, all NYC queens have been either busted (Jiggly, Milan, Mimi) or boring (Ivy, Sahara, Vivienne Pinay).

by Anonymousreply 3005/07/2013

Willam looks like a cross between Tonya Harding and Nicole Brown Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 3105/07/2013

Willam seems to be very popular among online Drag Race viewers, and I just don't understand why. I don't even find him funny. At all. And as far as appearance goes, he really is the one that looks like a man in a wig. Not to mention his voice his terrible.

I agree that Ivy was an awful Miss Congeniality choice. That spot has always gone to the most beloved and quirky queen of the season (Nina, Pandora, Yara, Latrice). Ivy, in addition to being completely forgettable, wasn't even all that nice. If we wanted to avoid a double win for Jinkx, Alyssa was the next best choice IMO.

by Anonymousreply 3205/07/2013

Personally, I really loved Ivy. There's just not a big personality there that plays well on reality tv. If you check out some videos of her performances youtube, she's actually pretty entertaining. I really liked her lipsynch of Air Mail Express, and when she juggled knives over Carmen.

Plus, she was definitely the sweetest queen this year. She didn't really have any competition for the title. Possibly Alaska, but I feel that there's an unwritten rule post season one that finalists are ineligible. Alyssa would be the only other contender, but she was obliviously funny rather than sweet, and she was occasionally a real shady bitch in a way that the other Miss Congenialities weren't.

by Anonymousreply 3305/07/2013

I want to know how this show is filmed. Are the contestants sequestered for several weeks or what? If they are, it would be fun to see some of that behind the scenes nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 3405/07/2013

I agree with R32 about Willem. I haven't seen his music videos, but I did endure TRICKED UP TRANNIES WITH KNIVES or whatever and that was dreadful. I guess that's why she's such good friends with Detox because they're both all attitude and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 3505/07/2013

r34, I know I've seen some vlogs from Manila on Youtube that took place in the hotel they stayed at during filming of season 3.

by Anonymousreply 3605/07/2013

You should watch Willam's Beatdown if you haven't found him funny yet.

by Anonymousreply 3705/07/2013

I had to look up this business about Willam, Detox and Vicki Vox performing in Dubai. This is the best description I could find.

by Anonymousreply 3805/07/2013

BTW, Vicky Vox is almost 100% definitely cast for Season 6 (according to Willam).

by Anonymousreply 3905/07/2013

R39 They will all wind up beheaded.

by Anonymousreply 4005/07/2013

From R38's link

[quote]Belli has a running role in television show ‘Nip/Tuck’.

Must still be running in their country.

by Anonymousreply 4105/07/2013

Is Jinkx' little brother a gay boy too?

by Anonymousreply 4205/07/2013

Willem does have very feminine legs. In some pics from the reunion it looks like he has cellulite.

It seemed that way, R42.

by Anonymousreply 4305/07/2013

R40, I'm looking forward to a big girl who can finally deliver humor, charisma and polish (sorry Roxxxy and Delta). Vicky Vox for S6 F3.

by Anonymousreply 4405/07/2013

Ever since they mentioned Willam's beard on her season, that's all I see now.

by Anonymousreply 4505/07/2013

Yup, R45, she refuses not to use expensive makeup made for girls. Unfortunately she needs to use theatrical paint like everyone else.

I think that's why she gets the acting roles. She instantly reads "guy in a dress" the second you see her.

by Anonymousreply 4605/07/2013

Roxxy looked genuinely happy for Jinkx in that clip on the other thread. Alaska, on the other hand, looked devastated.

by Anonymousreply 4705/07/2013

Count me in as someone who was disappointed by Ru's choice of winners in Season 1 & 2, but now I also fear this "fan voting" thing, too.

I'm afraid that now that fan-voting and the live finale play such a big role in deciding the winner, future Queens will be shy to bring the drama, reading and shade. Jinkx, IMO, gained a lot of popularity for being "nice" and "sweet" which many of the growing frau fans ate up. Every Queen will be playing to be America's sweetheart, too.

by Anonymousreply 4805/07/2013

Jinkx's fans appreciate his talent. I wasn't reading the threads and had no idea he was a frau or America's Sweetheart choice, I just thought he was funny. And likeable yes, but funny foremost. And prettier than Alaska too.

by Anonymousreply 4905/07/2013

Nah, I don't think Jinkx won for being the nice one. She had a big fanbase coming in, and earned a bigger one almost immediately. Especially because Alaska faded in the background until about halfway through.

by Anonymousreply 5005/07/2013

Alaska has quicker improv wit.

by Anonymousreply 5105/07/2013

[quote]Roxxy looked genuinely happy for Jinkx in that clip on the other thread. Alaska, on the other hand, looked devastated.

I assume that was just a gag.

by Anonymousreply 5205/07/2013

I've loved Jinx since her priceless Mimi Imfurst imitation. Alaska didn't start to shine until halfway through the season. She didn't even finish the first challenge. But I did like her once she broke free from that awful clique. I don't know why she ever hung out with those two.

by Anonymousreply 5305/07/2013

Very interesting that Roxxy had not one relative in the audience. Didn't he say he had a sister? They didn't even bother to interview his "drag son".

by Anonymousreply 5405/07/2013

Also, that was no chance, I feel, that Detox was going to win once she pissed on the stage during Snatch Game. I'm sure Ru has a few high standards when choosing the winner.

by Anonymousreply 5505/07/2013

I dont get why jinkx was such a bitch to ivy. Jinkx had the crush. Ivy didn't feel it and looked at the nastiness jinkx spewed at the finale. Fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 5605/07/2013

r56

Nastiness? You're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 5705/07/2013

I didn't think Jinkx was nasty to Ivy at all.

by Anonymousreply 5805/07/2013

She was all like "we were trapped in a cage and it was cause of desperation nothing else. I didnt know they were gonna air that" I was like WTF BITCH

by Anonymousreply 5905/07/2013

No, she said words to effect of "put a bunch of gay guys in close quarters, there's going to be some sexual tension/crushes/activity etc." and that Ivy was the best looking so Ivy appealed to her the most.

by Anonymousreply 6005/07/2013

I think it was because he was embarrassed. He was trying to sweep it under the table.

by Anonymousreply 6105/07/2013

I agree with r61. The day after that episode aired Ivy specifically said Jinkx wasn't her type. One sided crushes are embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 6205/07/2013

When the former winners came on stage, I really didn't recognize Tyra Sanchez.

And I think Ms. Needles' face looks bad now with the fattened lips and whatever else she might have had done. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't like the exaggerated cosmetic work like Detox and Chad have on their faces.

by Anonymousreply 6305/07/2013

Jinx latest Drag Becomes Him video showed him waking up with his boyfriend. He mentioned that his mom loves the new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 6405/07/2013

Ha, check out this caricature of Alyssa Edwards I found. Her overbite makes her look like a Simpsons character.

by Anonymousreply 6505/07/2013

I thought Sharon's mouth is all make-up

by Anonymousreply 6605/07/2013

I think Jinkx's current boyfriend is kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 6705/07/2013

When Sharon was guest bartender on Watch What Happens Live, she said that part of her prize money was spent on getting her lips done, r66.

The rest was spent on crystal meth.

by Anonymousreply 6805/07/2013

I thought it was makeup, too. But apparently Sharon has always idolized Amanda Lepore, so it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if she follows in the footsteps of Chad and Detox.

by Anonymousreply 6905/07/2013

You can't talk about frightening plastic surgery without mentioning Raven. She is terrifying.

In Chad Michael's defense, wasn't his face due to homemade Botox or botched plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 7005/07/2013

[quote]In Chad Michael's defense, wasn't his face due to homemade Botox or botched plastic surgery?

Bootleg silicone injections.

by Anonymousreply 7105/07/2013

[quote]In Chad Michael's defense, wasn't his face due to homemade Botox or botched plastic surgery?

How does that translate to defense? He fucked up. Big time.

by Anonymousreply 7305/07/2013

Well in Chad's actual defense, he cautioned other queens against having plastic surgery. Detox seemed proud of it.

Several times around the Internets I've seen Detox fans chide people for making fun of his looks. They mention that his face was reconstructed after his accident. Still, does that account for the chest implants, the ass implants, and all that other shit?

by Anonymousreply 7405/07/2013

R73 as soon as I wrote that I realized I erred. I meant more along the lines of what R74 said. He was trying to teach others to learn from his mistakes. Obviously it didn't scare Sharon Needles. That's too bad because he was a cute guy. I can't imagine what he looks like now.

by Anonymousreply 7505/07/2013

I thought she was joking, but maybe Alaska really was distraught in that video of the three watching the crowning. Seems Jinkx is trying to comfort her.

by Anonymousreply 7605/07/2013

Alaska seemed fine on the elimination lunch.

by Anonymousreply 7705/07/2013

First, I want to say CONDRAGULATIONS JINKX! I didn't say that last night after he won. He had a very impressive showing with 8 consecutive top 3 performances. The crowns get better looking every season. He has the prettiest.

This is the first season to have more than two threads with over 1278 comments.

Viewers need to stop trampling on Tyra Sanchez. He WON his season. It's not that Raven lost, it's that Tyra won. Tyra won 3 challenges out of 9 and was in the top three 3 other times. He never was in the bottom two. Bebe, I agree, shouldn't have won season one from what we saw. Nina was better at almost everything including the final lip sync. The show would have taken a totally different direction if Nina won. I've seen video of Bebe perform and he is just as impressive as the top contenders of his season. He just didn't bring it when he was on.

Alaska was on Elimination Lunch today. Very funny show. He said several times he is friends with Jinx. He cried after Jinkx won because he was thinking of his fans. Link below.

by Anonymousreply 7805/07/2013

I love Jinkx a little less now that I know she doesn't uses Oxford commas...

by Anonymousreply 7905/07/2013

Alaska was a pretty solid #2 IMO.

If there is another All Stars, please bring her back. They should also bring back Detox too.

by Anonymousreply 8005/07/2013

So what drugs is Alaska on? She reminds me of someone who was on methadone and xanax. A fun person but a total fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 8105/08/2013

Alaska is on meth. probably uses anything within a 5 block radius but meth is definitely drug of choice. He was tweaking for the reunion special.

by Anonymousreply 8205/09/2013

Alyssa is going to be the breakout star of this season. There's something very compelling and likable about that queen.

by Anonymousreply 8305/09/2013

Alyssa already has a show in the works.

by Anonymousreply 8405/09/2013

I've seen a few comments about Alaska using drugs like meth and heroin and I'm wondering how people know this? Is this just gossip going around because she's so skinny or do you actually know her? I'm just curious because if it's well know that she's using, that would be a major factor in Ru going with Jinkx. Jinkx did really earn her win though and I was glad that for once my favorite wasn't in second place.

by Anonymousreply 8505/09/2013

Alyssa is wonderful - can't wait to watch her new show.

by Anonymousreply 8605/09/2013

Drag U has been cancelled. Ru announced it on twitter yesterday. I'm saddened. I was looking forward to Drag U this summer. That means there won't be any drag shows on until next January, 9 months away. I knew there would be a pullback in drag programming when All-Stars was announced last year. Logo executives wouldn't like that the network became too drag-centric. I now want to know if there will be another spin-off drag show or if Drag Race and Untucked are it.

by Anonymousreply 8705/09/2013

Drag U sucked - a feel-good whitewash of drag for hausfrauen. Looking forward to another (non-team) All Stars, though.

by Anonymousreply 8805/09/2013

Drag U = "Not on tonight!"

by Anonymousreply 8905/09/2013

Drag U was horrible. It always featured the ugliest, trashiest women I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 9005/09/2013

[quote]Drag U was horrible. It always featured the ugliest, trashiest women I've ever seen.

...and that was just the professors!

by Anonymousreply 9105/09/2013

Drag U was a good show. I liked seeing the queens again and who would win. I loved Lady Bunny's segments.

by Anonymousreply 9205/09/2013

Does Ru have a bf?

by Anonymousreply 9305/09/2013

Yes, an Aussie.

by Anonymousreply 9405/09/2013

What's an Aussie?

by Anonymousreply 9505/09/2013

According to this article in Spin Magazine, Ru's 19-year boyfriend is a Wyoming rancher.

by Anonymousreply 9605/09/2013

The thing I didn't like about Drag U was that it was so overly-scripted, and the queens were always in character within their drag personas (with probably pre-written dialogue). I like the balance of themselves and their alter egos on Drag Race. Aaron Coday is a fascinating individual and reality TV personality, but the Stupid Dead Girl schtick he does as Sharon Needles gets old FAST.

by Anonymousreply 9705/09/2013

But it was nice as a placeholder between seasons of Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 9805/09/2013

I don't have time to read the Spin article right now. But I watched Ru's interview with Joan Rivers on YouTube a week or so ago. In that one, he said his bf is from Perth, but owns a ranch in Wyoming now.

by Anonymousreply 9905/09/2013

Contrived. that's the word for Drag U. Every episode was forced into the same narrow confines.

by Anonymousreply 10005/09/2013

I think they should have Drag Race Jeopardy. I'd pay to see Carmen Carrera, Tyra Sanchez and Roxxxie Andrews going hoof to hoof trying to figure out how to ring in (let alone answer anything correctly).

Or who would you select? (BTW - I'm giving the Puerto Rican ladies a pass even though some of them may be stoopit).

by Anonymousreply 10105/11/2013

I've seen this commercial for America's Got Talent a couple of times now, in which you briefly see a black woman on stage doing Shangela's signature death drop. So I'm wondering if it's her. She's everywhere these days.

by Anonymousreply 10205/13/2013

[quote] Shangela's signature death drop

You mean this death drop that has been done in houses of vogue for generations? Didn’t know it was Shangela’s to sign.

by Anonymousreply 10305/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.