Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Charles Ramsey, Cleveland Kidnapping Witness, Gives Priceless Interview

Hilarious video interview of heroic neighbor who rescued kidnapped women in Cleveland, Ohio

by Anonymousreply 2505/09/2013

I LOVE how he said "Just ASH TONISHING!"

On CNN, they showed how he opened the interview by saying "I was just sitting there eatin my McDonalds"

Kinda sad that he went a little racist with the whole "only reason white girl would run to a black man" thing. Totally uncool and just not true. But I realize he isn't very educated or articulate so I guess the press gives him a pass on it.

by Anonymousreply 105/07/2013

I didn't take that as the context, R1.

I thought it funny and truthful. Did you follow that context?

by Anonymousreply 205/07/2013

R2, I sure did. I watched the video again earlier and saw it play this morning on CNN.

I'm really not trying to make it too serious but yes, it wasn't the most appropriate of things to say to a reporter. His statement would seem to suggest there is a blanket racism among white people, particularly "white girls", and that just isn't true. The same words spoken by a white man would have been scrutinized or likely edited out.

Again, not trying to make it a 'thing', that's just a take on my internal thought process surrounding what he said. He's really a funny guy and yes, he's pretty much responsible for helping to get those poor young girls out of there before their torturer returned. God bless the man.

The story both horrified me and made me happy this morning. Hearing that woman scream "I'm Amanda Berry I've been missing for 10 years. I'm here! I'm alive!" was both bone chilling and soul lifting. I suppose I have a heart after all. ;-)

by Anonymousreply 305/07/2013

Good God is Cleveland a horrible place? First the guy with all the hookers bodies buried in his back yard, now this?

by Anonymousreply 405/07/2013

As someone in a Cleveland 'burb I can answer that in the affirmative, R4.

by Anonymousreply 505/07/2013

He should hook up with Sweet Brown.

by Anonymousreply 605/07/2013

He's my new media hero.

by Anonymousreply 705/07/2013

He's got a great personality. I thought the comment about the little white girl was funny and true.

by Anonymousreply 805/07/2013

Ka-Ween!!

by Anonymousreply 905/07/2013

The truth is this guy saved their lives but he's gonna be seen more as a fool than a hero. Somehow he did speak the truth. Something was wrong and he was right about that.

by Anonymousreply 1005/07/2013

And of course Whoopi and Sherri had an orgasm on The View because he is a BLACK hero. Then Joy chimes in to say that there are many unsung and underappreciated black heroes. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 1105/07/2013

Charles Ramsey wasn't a bystander; he rescued Amanda Berry and got the police to rescue the others. He is a hero, no matter what he sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 1205/07/2013

Sadly, there's a kernel of truth to what he said, R3.

by Anonymousreply 1305/07/2013

R10 don't forget about the Obama phone lady she's from Cleveland as well.

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2013

Hard to believe its 2013 sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 1505/07/2013

R15...exactly.

by Anonymousreply 1605/08/2013

More than a kernal of truth in what he said. The man IS an older, POOR, BLACK man with missing teeth. I vote that he knows a helluva lot more about the subject of little white girls and black men than we do. I liked him.

by Anonymousreply 1705/08/2013

He and sweet brown need to hook up.

by Anonymousreply 1805/08/2013

He will be a bartender on Watch What Happens Live before the end of the month.

by Anonymousreply 1905/08/2013

In an interview Tuesday night, CNN's Anderson Cooper asked Ramsey what it felt like to be living next door to the Castro brothers.

Ramsey replied: "That's why now I'm having trouble sleeping. See, up until yesterday, the only thing that kept me from losing sleep was the lack of money. See what I'm saying? Now that that's going on and I could have done this last year, not this hero stuff, just do the right thing ..."

Does Ramsey feel like a hero?

"No. No, no, no. Bro, I'm a Christian and an American, I'm just like you," he told Anderson Cooper. "We bleed the same blood. Put our pants on the same way... It's just that you got to put that being a coward, I don't want to get into anybody's business, you got to put that away for a minute.

And Ramsey says he has no interest in the FBI reward offered for the missing women.

"Take that reward and give it to them," he said.

by Anonymousreply 2005/08/2013

Had he been a young, hot black man, or a wealthy one, he'd have plenty of young white girls running into his arms. It would be an every day occurrence.

by Anonymousreply 2105/09/2013

[quote]Charles Ramsey wasn't a bystander; he rescued Amanda Berry and got the police to rescue the others. He is a hero, no matter what he sounds like.

...and yet the media couldn't wait to go digging for some "dirt". One wonders if the shovels would have come out if Ramsey had been a well-spoken white guy:

by Anonymousreply 2205/09/2013

Everything isn't about race. In other words everything isn't about YOU...

by Anonymousreply 2305/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.