Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Michael Fassbender Fluent In German?

He's German and Irish ethnically and nationally, and was born in Germany. Anyone know if he's able to speak German? He does look like a little Nazi. Did he ever play a Nazi?

by Anonymousreply 1905/08/2013

My sister was born in Germany - was of Irish and German descent (& Italian) and she spoke no German. Though she did have dual citizenship until she had to surrender the German one to get a security clearance.

What matters is where you were raised and if your family spoke a foreign lnguage at home.

by Anonymousreply 105/07/2013

What do you mean by "he looks a little Nazi?" You do know Hitler was Austrian, don't you?

Couldn't you say most Europeans and many Australians AND Americans "look a little Nazi"?

WTF is that supposed to mean?

by Anonymousreply 205/07/2013

[quote]You do know Hitler was Austrian, don't you?

I didn't say he looked like Adolf, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 305/07/2013

[quote]Anyone know if he's able to speak German?

He says no. From an interview.

[quote] Q.You were born in Heidelberg. Do you speak German?

A. Unfortunately not. My parents, who speak both fluently German, wanted to teach me - in vain. My mother is Irish, my father is German. They met in London and moved together to Heidelberg. When I was two, we moved to Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 405/07/2013

He was able to learn quickly though for his part in Inglorious Basterds

by Anonymousreply 505/07/2013

Yes, he can speak German:

[quote]FF: Well, I loved you in 'Inglourious Basterds', you did a brilliant job as Lt. Archie Hicox.

M: Thank you.

FF: And you convinced me as an American, that you were a German, you sounded very German to me. So with that, would you be interested in making a German language film one day?

M: You know, I would be, one day, for sure. And you know, once again, I can speak German, albeit fairly sort of rusty and my understanding of German is quite good. I can watch a film in German, and I’d love to do something in Germany perhaps on stage there. People are always asking me if I would be interested in doing theater, and their theater is pretty brilliant I think and it would be a real challenge for me. So it’s definitely something I would love to do or have the opportunity to do.

by Anonymousreply 605/07/2013

And can he speak Irish too?

by Anonymousreply 705/07/2013

It's my understanding that Irish is taught in school but few people speak it.

by Anonymousreply 805/07/2013

Is his cawk Irish or German?

by Anonymousreply 905/07/2013

[quote]What do you mean by "he looks a little Nazi?" You do know Hitler was Austrian, don't you?

The OP did not compare him to Hitler specifically but to a Nazi more generally--the Nazi party was originally a German phenomenon despite Hitler's birth in Austria.

by Anonymousreply 1105/07/2013

I'll take an STD from him gladly.

by Anonymousreply 1205/07/2013

He dumped his latest black gf a month or so ago. And was shockingly dating a white actress! Is he still into the swirl or back to white women like Naomi Campbell's ex billionaire bf (who dumped her and is back with blondes)

by Anonymousreply 1305/07/2013

Pretty blonde girl. I think he's grown past the swirl now.

by Anonymousreply 1405/07/2013

R13, how do you know that Michael was the one that did the dumping? Perhaps she dumped Michael because of his constant cheating. R14, he is a drunk and women beater so the white chicks can have him.

by Anonymousreply 1505/07/2013

yes, some men get violent when they are drunk and also perhaps cannot perform sexually so they get angry and take it out on whoever happens to be there.

by Anonymousreply 1605/07/2013

[quote]My parents, who speak both fluently German

If this quote is accurate, his English ain't too good neither.

by Anonymousreply 1705/07/2013

He beats women?

by Anonymousreply 1805/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.