Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bea Arthur stole my career!

Where was my Tony award? Where was my "Maude"? Where was my "Golden Girls"?!

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 1505/09/2013

How odd. Bea Arthur is not the cutthroat type. LB, on the other hand, who unquestionably had a bigger career than B.A.,....

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 105/06/2013

No, Bea Arthur stole my career!

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 205/06/2013

No, Bea stole my career!

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 305/06/2013

I'm Bea Arthur!

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 405/06/2013

A Mother's Kisses starring Bea Arthur and directed by her then hubby Gene Saks.

What went wrong?

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 505/06/2013

That's Lucy as Wildcat Jackson,no??

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 605/06/2013

Bea and Lucy were great friends, despite the Mame debacle. And they remained friends up until Lucy's death.

Bea appeared when Lucy got her Kennedy Center Honor, and Lucy was clearly happy to see her.

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 705/06/2013

Only Bea Arthur and Phyllis Diller's death really broke my heart. Both were women who over their lifetime made me happy by just being alive with me.

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 805/06/2013

Lucy *could* have played those sour-puss roles of Bea's like Maude and Dorothy (I mean I can see her with her deep voice, deadpan, and look-that-kills having that same effect).

But I for one am glad that she didn't - that's not the memory I'd want to have of her. She was better as a hapless clown.

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 905/06/2013

Yeah, and what the hell happened to my career, bitches?

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 1005/06/2013

Priscilla, I featured you in sitcom just like I did Bea!

[quote] Jean Stapleton stated in an interview for the Archive of American Television, Morrill was the stand-in for her in the ninth season episode of All in the Family "A Girl Like Edith" where Stapleton had a dual role.

I can't help it if the back of your head didn't connect with the focus groups.

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 1105/06/2013

Norman, first you promised me the Irene Lorenzo role on "All in the Family," but you gave it to Betty Garrett instead. Then you promised me the Vivian role on "Maude," which you wound up giving to Rue McClanahan. You then swore up and down that the Martha Shumway character on "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" was mine for the taking. Instead you gave it to Dodie Goodman. All you ever wound up giving me were these consolation guest star roles. Well fuck you to hell. Was I that forgettable?

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 1205/06/2013

But Priscilla got to fuck Lou Grant!

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 1305/07/2013

[quote]Lucy *could* have played those sour-puss roles of Bea's like Maude and Dorothy (I mean I can see her with her deep voice, deadpan, and look-that-kills having that same effect). But I for one am glad that she didn't - that's not the memory I'd want to have of her. She was better as a hapless clown.

By the time "Life with Lucy" rolled around was her hapless clowning still funny? I think she would have been better playing a hard-drinking, bitter, sarcastic grandmother. This clip is funnier than "Life with Lucy":

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 1405/09/2013

Lucy didn't feel comfortable playing anything but a ditz. Maybe it was her upbringing that made her ashamed to act aggressive or intelligent. The contrast between her screen persona and her dynamic businesswoman real self was striking.

by Miss Lucille Ballreply 1505/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.