Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I Want Out! Lindsay Lohan Already Begging and Whining To Leave Betty Ford Center

Lindsay Lohan had an incident free weekend at the Betty Ford Center, but as RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned, she is already telling people that she wants to leave the treatment facility.

The 26-year-old checked into the Palm Desert, Calif. center late on Thursday, May 2, just hours before the Los Angeles City Attorney planned to go to court to get a warrant for her arrest after a wild day of switching treatment centers.

This is Lohan’s second stay there — her sixth in rehab overall — but apparently she isn’t very happy with her situation.

“Lindsay is already begging to switch out of Betty Ford,” a source close to the troubled actress tells RadarOnline.com.

“She has been complaining to everyone that will listen that she doesn’t want to be there and that it isn’t the best place for her.”

LiLo was originally slated to attend Seafield in New York, and then pulled a switcheroo and spent only two minutes in the Morningside Recovery center in Newport Beach before firing her lawyer Mark Heller and re-hiring Shawn Holley, who brokered the deal for her to go the Betty Ford. However, the center where she had a fight with staffer Dawn Holland in 2010 is not where Lindsay wants to spend the next 87 of her 90-day sentence. “Lindsay says she wants to go to either a treatment center in Hawaii, Crossroad Centre in Antigua, or even Lukens Institute in Florida.”

According to the source, Lindsay has already asked her attorney to clear the rehab switch with the City Attorney

by Anonymousreply 8705/17/2013

Send her to jail - maybe then she'll realize rehab wasn't so bad after all.

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2013

Jesus Christ, this girl gets off easy. Every fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2013

Send her to jail for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2013

Put her in the hole for a month.

by Anonymousreply 405/06/2013

Prison didn't do me any harm.

by Anonymousreply 505/06/2013

It's really pathetic to see how she keeps geting away with this crap. She deserves a nice stiff prison sentence.

by Anonymousreply 605/06/2013

What is so annoying is that PEOPLE ACCOMMODATE HER. If that were you or me or Average Joe, we would NEVER get away with whining that we wanted to go to Antigua (or where ever) Why does the legal system treat celebrities differently??? If she gets moved anywhere out of Betty Ford, it should be to jail

by Anonymousreply 705/06/2013

If you ignore it, it will go away

by Anonymousreply 805/06/2013

She's still hoping to find a rehab institution that lets you drink and take drugs. So, you have something to help you get through the program for chrissakes.

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2013

"She's still hoping to find a rehab institution that lets you drink and take drugs."

She should confine her search to Southern California, then.

by Anonymousreply 1005/06/2013

Begging to leave???? After all the breaks she's had???? She should be in jail.

Am I missing something here? I thought the court was supposed to tell her which facility to go to - NOT for her to pick and choose. She won't go to 'A' because the paps spook her! She won't go to 'B' because she can't smoke there! This girl wants to shop around for the most lenient facility and attractive location more suited to a beach vacation than the reality of the hard, lifechanging work that goes on in rehab. Why is everyone still pandering to her? She's thumbing her nose at others who really work at rehab as well as at the judge.

by Anonymousreply 1105/06/2013

Put her in the choky where she belongs.

by Anonymousreply 1205/06/2013

Lilo had indeed been very clear about it: eligible rehab facilities are only those with 24*7 open bar and complimentary party favors policies...

by Anonymousreply 1305/06/2013

you could offer any other inmate $30 and they'd kill her.

It's what we deserve.

by Anonymousreply 1405/06/2013

Just give her all the drugs she wants and maybe she will OD like that other sad child star from Criss Cross.

by Anonymousreply 1505/06/2013

Speaking of Kriss Kross when I found out I wrote that he died of drugs according to CBS and got screamed at by 6 fb people. Hilarious but guess what? he died of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 1605/06/2013

I have a time share at Betty Ford. I'll kill her for a cup of coffee and a donut.

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2013

Yes, her entitled ass belongs in the slammer -- no fan mail, no candygrams.

by Anonymousreply 1805/06/2013

What kind of rehab is Betty Ford? I know it's one of the best but is she able to have a whole wing to herself with a bunch of servants? Can she smoke and take her Adderall?

by Anonymousreply 1905/06/2013

Nurse Betty will tie a can to that little broad's tail.

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2013

Her original plea was to be in a lockdown rehab - which the prosecution and judge agreed to, despite the fact there is no such thing as a lockdown rehab. Then it was this place in nyc, then cali, but her old lawyer worked out a deal with the rehab that was really just a sober living facility//so she left and got her old lawyer to plea a deal to allow her to go to Betty ford...but she hates that too??

Somewhere OJ is asking....did I really get away with so much???

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2013

this is an absolute joke and it makes the judge who is dealing with her look like a joke.

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2013

Betty Ford has a reputation for making its patients hate being there. Mary Tyler Moore hated the place so much that she wrote about it at length in her autobiography. Apparently you have to make your OWN bed there, clean up after yourself, and follow the RULES. Gosh, what a shame.

by Anonymousreply 2305/06/2013

Whatever happened to Promises and Hazelden? Weren't they favored treatment centers for celebrities a while ago?

by Anonymousreply 2405/06/2013

The Betty Ford Clinic is where Liz Taylor met Larry Fortensky, her last husband.

by Anonymousreply 2505/07/2013

Jerry Lee Lewis left because of the bed making thing. You're in great company, Lindsay.

by Anonymousreply 2605/07/2013

these idiots are having hissy fits because they have to make their own fucking beds? what assholes.

by Anonymousreply 2705/07/2013

Will SOMEBODY please throw this fucking cunt in jail?

by Anonymousreply 2805/07/2013

Some info from TMZ about her program at Betty Ford:

"As for The Betty Ford Center -- where Lindsay is currently receiving treatment -- a rehab case manager submitted a letter saying Lindsay will get a treatment team consisting of a physician, nurse, psychologist, primary counselor, case manager, spiritual care counselor, family counselor, dietician, fitness trainer and chemical dependency technician."

Good Lord! Do they hire someone to wipe your ass too?

by Anonymousreply 2905/07/2013

R29 Is she at a rehab or a resort?

by Anonymousreply 3005/07/2013

Does anyone else think that Linz is some kind of informant and that is why she is getting such cushy treatment from the law?

by Anonymousreply 3105/07/2013

Rehab doesn't seem to work well for her. Maybe, the court should try something else. A guillotine would probably solve her problems, and it would have the added effect of getting rid of that ugly face.

by Anonymousreply 3205/07/2013

Betty Ford was good enough for Stevie Nicks who got clean there & later thanked Mrs. Betty Ford for the place.

by Anonymousreply 3305/07/2013

I used to think she was talented, but now I hate this stupid little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3405/07/2013

Stevie Nicks probably wanted to get sober.

It's obvious that's not true for Lindsay Lohan. She's probably miserable because they've taken away all of her alcohol and most of her drugs and are weaning her off the others.

by Anonymousreply 3505/07/2013

She should have done her rehab in New York; they have people whose job it is to open your door.

by Anonymousreply 3605/07/2013

Why would she need rehab? She "only did cocaine four times" and "don't even like it"! Of course she also got busted these four times. How unfortunate!

by Anonymousreply 3705/07/2013

She should die. She owes it to the world.

by Anonymousreply 3805/07/2013

She's really disgusting, and I can't believe rehab facilities are still willing to take her in. I'm sure they want the $$$ though. This bitch has had HOW MANY chances at rehab? So many free rides. And at no cost, it's probably free (possible publicity), or she easily comes up with the funds.. she makes a joke out of addiction. Imagine all the people who really are addicted and can't afford or seek help like this. Not to mention the facilities she stays at are luxury, top of the line treatment places. She doesn't deserve it or take it seriously. Make her live on the street.

by Anonymousreply 3905/07/2013

I think you may have a point, r31.

by Anonymousreply 4005/07/2013

I'd love to live at the Betty Ford Center.

by Anonymousreply 4105/07/2013

she doesnt have a problem, she said so herself. its just that shes in the spotlight and set up a lot of the time, that and shes been around some bad people. she just wants to be left alone and work but the paparazzi's obsessed with her, her picture sells she cant help that. and hey, shes not perfect, just like any young adult shes made mistakes, its just that its been in the public eye so its been magnified and distorted.

by Anonymousreply 4205/07/2013

Mary Tyler Moore did complete the program. And she even admitted that she was a nightmare to deal with during her stay there.

This one's sense of entitlement is out of control. Spoiled doesn't even begin to describe her. Of course, so many excuses have been made for her. If you constantly hear that nothing is ever your fault because you had two horrible parents, what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 4305/07/2013

I'm intrigued by R31's suggestion. I don't know if other privileged white girls would have gotten the same treatment. But would they probably wouldn't have the same entree into the world of rich Saudi princes and the shady people who seem drawn to Lohan. You have to wonder.

by Anonymousreply 4405/07/2013

It used to be easy to do drugs at Betty Ford. According to Peter Lawford's bio, when he was there, he'd take a walk out in the desert by himself and a helicopter would fly in, he'd do a gram or so of coke out there in the tumbleweeds, and then he'd walk back.

by Anonymousreply 4605/10/2013

I once saw little cocktail napkins that said "Betty Ford Center" on them. Wish I would have bought them.

by Anonymousreply 4705/10/2013

Betty Ford is a real rehab center. That means (most often) sharing a room, making your own bed, no phones or televisions in rooms and limited access to personal items.

There are common areas with television and special recreations planned. These are privileges. The food is healthy and plentiful, at designated times, but junk is available to purchase.

The long list of people involved in treatment are primarily in groups. Therapy, classes, assignments, some art and relaxation instruction, and of course an intake meeting with a doctor and follow ups as required. There is a psychologist or therapist assigned to you, but you don't have anytime access to them. They also usually run the morning group and the most intensive therapy sessions. (like Dr. Drew)

Nurses and residential staff put up with the most crap as they are there after hours, at all hours and that is when people act up, break down, and break rules. Sex happens, sometimes drugs are found. There is a morning team meeting to discuss the "clients" so all are aware of what needs to be paid attention to that day.

Rehab really can be a miracle for some people to receive so much care and to have this immediate sense of intimacy with the total strangers whom you share this painful and embarrassing experience with. It is a false construct, but so are most other rehabilitation institutions, like hospitals and prison. It is kind of a cross between the two.

12 step meetings are held each night, but are not a part of the curriculum. This is good strategy and good medicine as they do no work for lots of people. But they are encouraged.

Some individuals can stay on Adderall or even sometimes small doses of Benzo's. That is all determined before entry into the facility, and has to do with individual medical concerns. Some people do require pain meds to live, but certain ones are not permitted. Betty Ford Center is pretty hard line about these things.

They take a holistic and realistic approach to recovery and relapse. Most anyone entering rehab feels stripped of their entitlement and comfort, that is part of the plan. For pampered celebrity princesses this may seem intolerable, but lots of normal folks put up just as much resistance and demand to leave or be transferred. Happens every single day. Some patients threaten to leave repeatedly. The staff in these places are used to this. Betty Ford Center of course has extra special exposure to privileged patients, but those entering there know that it is not a country club rehab. "Are you under the impression that you are attending a spa?" (this was asked of me:)

One last sober fact. Only one in ten people who attend rehab are successful in getting and remaining clean. The majority of heavy drug and alcohol users eventually stop on their own, or die or get clean in jail. Court ordered rehab is a mostly a waste of time and human energy.

For one who is saved, many more drown......

by Anonymousreply 4805/10/2013

Very interesting and informative post, R48. How many patients does the center accommodate at once?

by Anonymousreply 4905/10/2013

What will her 90 days at Betty Ford cost? Does she have that kind of money?

by Anonymousreply 5005/10/2013

"Has she demanded that crime cameras catch her at every little indiscretion? Has she begged to be stalked by paparazzi and troublemakers?"

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 5205/10/2013

Maybe she wants to go to Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 5305/10/2013

F&F for R51

by Anonymousreply 5405/10/2013

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 5505/10/2013

Well, at least now we know that Lindsay has computer access while at Betty Ford.

by Anonymousreply 5705/10/2013

r51/r56 should find a rehab of their own

by Anonymousreply 5805/10/2013

Hey, Dina Lohan is posting here!

Let's give a big Datalounge welcome to the Queen of the Enablers!`

by Anonymousreply 6005/11/2013

Goold lord there's some scary fangurls out running around.

by Anonymousreply 6105/11/2013

[quote]According to Peter Lawford's bio, when he was there, he'd take a walk out in the desert by himself and a helicopter would fly in, he'd do a gram or so of coke out there in the tumbleweeds, and then he'd walk back.

He must have been hallucinating. The desert isn't within easy walking distance. The Ford center is located on the same campus with the Eisenhower medical center. It's surrounded by lush landscaped gardens, reflecting pools, and lakes in a community of posh homes. Do you really think he walked ten or fifteen miles to a desert area and used his Smartphone to guide a helicopter to his hiding area behind a sand dune?

by Anonymousreply 6205/11/2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't her rehab sentence an alternative to prison time?

by Anonymousreply 6305/11/2013

She needs to sit down and shut the hell up and listen. She knows nothing and thinks she knows everything. She will die if she doesn't get herself straightened out.

by Anonymousreply 6405/11/2013

R59 will give a wonderful tribute when she ODs!

by Anonymousreply 6505/11/2013

That had to be Dina Lohan posting.

Dina, it's your fucking fault, period.

by Anonymousreply 6605/11/2013

According to the NY Post, Lindsay Lohan is planning her escape from The Betty Ford Center because doctors at the world famous drug treatment center have taken away her supply of Adderall.

Lohan takes the drug for her ADHD but Betty Ford's doctors prefer to treat the ailment with non-addictive Adderall alternatives, according to TMZ.

One of the reasons doctors get their patients off Adderall is that they believe many Hollywood stars use the drug as a weight-control drug.

The change in drug regiment has not gone down well with the "Mean Girls" star who is now searching for a rehab that will let her keep her precious ADHD meds.

There is no word yet on what Los Angeles Superior Court Judge James Dabney will make of Lohan's planned escape after the judge ordered the troubled actress to attend 90-days of locked-down rehab.

Lohan checked into Betty Ford last week to start her 3-month stay in rehab but an interview with Piers Morgan appeared shortly thereafter which outlined just how hard a time Betty Ford's workers will have in getting Lohan to give up her hard partying lifestyle.

“I’ve been court-ordered to do it six times. I could write the book on rehab. Constantly sending me to rehab is pointless. The first few times I was court-ordered to rehab it was like a joke, like killing time," Lohan told Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 6705/11/2013

I think adderall is her main addiction.

by Anonymousreply 6805/11/2013

I don't even understand why they keep sending her to rehab. The ONLY way rehab works is for the person to WANT to end their addiction. Lindsay obviously doesn't want to and therefore we're stuck in an endless viewing of Groundhog's day. She'll complete the time, be quiet for 3 months and this shit will start up all over again and keep going again and again until she finally dies.

by Anonymousreply 6905/11/2013

Lindsay Lohan 'could be sent to jail' if she changes rehab facility one more time

Her latest trip to rehab has been anything but quiet.

With just a few weeks into her court-mandated hospital stay, Lindsay Lohan is already creating some trouble that could land her in even more serious trouble.

The 26-year-old actress is reportedly threatening to skip out of the Betty Ford Centre in Palm Springs, California after doctors cut her off from her Adderall supply -- which she claims she needs for ADHD.

But should she leave before her mandated 90 days are up the Mean Girls star will be sent off to jail, according to Radaronline.com.

'The judge overseeing Lindsay's case has made it clear that if she defies the agreement, it's jail time,' a source told the gossip website.

After the troubled starlet checked into a non-approved facility in Newport Beach, California earlier this month, Los Angeles Judge James Dabney specifically signed off on the world-renouned treatment centre -- and her probation clearly states that it must remain as her new home for the next three months.

But things have already turned sour for Lindsay, who is reportedly complaining that doctors have cut her off from her medicines, which include the highly-addictive psychostimulant Adderall.

TMZ claims that the doctors evaluated the 26-year-old actress last week and decided that she did not need the pills.

Lindsay takes the tablets because she claims to suffer from ADHD but the website reports that health practitioners at the treatment facility believe there are substitute medication.

The drug, which is used to treat persons diagnosed with attention deficit disorder, is known for being highly-addictive, but is often used to stimulate weight loss.

With her prescription cut, the Liz & Dick star is growing concerned that she could gain weight, as the source claimed that it's been the main reason for her thin frame all these years.

The source continued: 'Linsday has been able to eat whatever she has wanted and not gain weight for years, and she attributes this to Adderall.'

The troubled star is said to want to move to another rehab centre where she can take the drug.

A spokesperson for Lindsay was unavailable for comment on Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 7005/11/2013

[quote]Lindsay Lohan 'could be sent to jail' if she changes rehab facility one more time.

This will never happen. She'll get another mugshot and be out within 10 minutes time. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 7105/11/2013

Send her to jail. Many sobered up there.

by Anonymousreply 7205/11/2013

No, R72.

They should just put her on Probation with part of the stipulation being that the County of Los Angeles gets a cut of her Whoring to Middle Eastern men. That should get them out of their financial crisis in no time.

by Anonymousreply 7305/11/2013

Will my health insurance pay for a trip to Betty ford? I need help, but would prefer to go to a nice place with a beach.

by Anonymousreply 7405/11/2013

[quote] Will my health insurance pay for a trip to Betty ford? I need help, but would prefer to go to a nice place with a beach.

Then you wouldn't want to go to Betty Ford, since it's in the middle of the desert.

Try Promises in Malibu.

by Anonymousreply 7505/11/2013

Can you still have adhd when you are 26 I though you grew out of that.

by Anonymousreply 7605/11/2013

r76

Many people do not grow out of ADHD.

by Anonymousreply 7705/12/2013

It is a good bet that Lohan is not taking Adderall for ADHD.

Regardless, if the treatment center identifies it as a drug that she is misusing and has an addictive relationship with, then she cannot take it and be "sober."

Anyone who thinks that is the only drug she is destroying herself with hasn't been out much.

She is fighting the wrong battles, but she might get her Adderall in jail.

by Anonymousreply 7805/12/2013

Is she still there?

by Anonymousreply 7905/14/2013

In Lindsay's case shouldn't "whining" be spelled "wining"?

by Anonymousreply 8005/14/2013

Lindsay, DIE.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 8105/14/2013

Very funny that White Oprah was posting here, probably drowning in a box of chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 8205/14/2013

OMG! LINDSAY HAS GAINED 5 POUNDS!!!!!

Last weekend we heard that doctors at the Betty Ford Clinic had taken away Lindsay Lohan’s Adderall after a thorough examination. The doctors believed that LL had been misdiagnosed with ADHD and that she would be fine without her Adderall, and they believed she had been abusing it for the side effects for years – Adderall helps people lose weight (or keep weight off). Well, Lindsay’s reaction to this turn of events has been crack drama, of course. She will crack squawk and crack hissy until someone listens. She’s threatening to “leave” Betty Ford because apparently she thinks a court-ordered 90-day rehab sentence is optional. And now comes the worst news ever… she’s gained a few pounds! CRACKY DRAMA.

Since Lindsay Lohan‘s Adderall was taken away from her last week by doctors at the Betty Ford Clinic, the troubled actress has gained five pounds and is complaining that she can’t stop eating, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

The 26-year-old starlet has been “extremely emotional this past week and is finding comfort in food. Lindsay can’t stop eating, and has gained five pounds because she has such poor eating habits. She has been exercising, but she just doesn’t have a lot of energy because she is no longer taking Adderall, which is a psychostimulant medication that contains amphetamine. She has been talking to a nutritionist at Betty Ford about eating healthier,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

As we previously reported, LiLo revealed her Adderall use in a recent interview with Piers Morgan on the Daily Mail saying, “I have severe ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). I can’t stand still. So I take Adderall (a prescription drug) for that, it calms me. I know people who take it to stay up, or girls who take it to supposedly stay slim because it kills your appetite. But I eat all the time. I just take it to stay calm. It works well for me.”

Board certified addiction specialist Dr. Drew Pinsky has voiced his concerns in the past over to Radar over Adderall use and addiction saying, “I have had lots of experience with Adderall. There seems to be problematic issues related to Adderall, addicts seem to do okay on Adderall short-term, but as time goes on, the drug becomes an issue.”

Making the situation even harder for Lohan, “is the food at Betty Ford is really, really good. Meals are elaborate affairs, featuring lots of delicious desserts. Lindsay just can’t say no to the food. She is complaining that the new medications doctors prescribed, which isn’t amphetamine based, aren’t working. She is just making herself miserable,” the insider revealed.

Lohan was ordered by the courts to remain in a locked-down rehab facility for 90-days as part of a plea deal in her lying-to-cops case involving a car accident in Santa Monica, CA. last summer. She entered Betty Ford earlier this month.

[From Radar]

My armchair diagnosis is that Lindsay is eating so much not just because she’s off Adderall, but because she’s off alcohol. Her body is used to consuming unlimited amounts of empty liquor calories and now she’s bingeing on real food, and her body doesn’t know how to handle it. I went through a similar phase when I gave up alcohol a few years ago – I did it for diet reasons, but I found I still craved something sugary in the evening, when I usually had a drink.

Anyway, Superhero Michael Lohan (special superhero power: kicking vaginas) is riding to the rescue! Radar spoke to Michael and he said, “I am going to go to California and I want to meet with Lindsay’s attorney Shawn and the City Attorney to talk about her transferring to the Lukens Institute. It is ridiculous for Lindsay to spend 90 days at Betty Ford. They are a 30-day program place. There is no reason for her to repeat the same program for three months.” Blah. The Betty Ford already said that they were tailoring a 90-day program especially for LL so she wouldn’t just do the same 30-day program 3 times.

by Anonymousreply 8305/17/2013

I'm just surprised that she hasn't been sneaking out of there every night to booze it up in some Palm Springs dive bar.

by Anonymousreply 8405/17/2013

There was a report out today that Charlie Sheen's ex is trying to befriend Lindsay in rehab, and Lindsay refuses. She thinks that Brooke Mueller is a drug addict nd wants nothing to do with her. How in the world can Lindsay be so delusional? Rehab will do nothing for someone who doesn't believe that they have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 8505/17/2013

LL is a train wreck (and has been for a long time). These details of her addiction are getting tiresome.

If she's not going to get clean, then who really cares what happens to her besides immediate family? Does she have "fans" anymore?

by Anonymousreply 8605/17/2013

I can bet she's terrified of getting fat, her livelihood depends on having a good figure. What kind of sleazy "producer" or rich creep is going to pay for her time if she chubs up?

But I think that although she has a drug problem, drugs aren't the REAL problem, the real problem is an addiction to celebrity. She'll do anything to maintain the wardrobe, the lifestyle, the media attention, the paparazzi stalking, the party drugs... it seems she really would rather die than give that up. If I'm right, Betty Ford may be able to get her clean for a while, but they won't be able to save her.

by Anonymousreply 8705/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.