Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andy Cohen's 1-on-1 with NeNe

So sad trying to watch a white jewish queen trying to pretend to be a sassy black woman.

I'm shocked he didn't do the interview in complete blackface.

by Anonymousreply 4105/08/2013

most gays act like sassy black women. its just what we like, comes natural. imitation sinceest form of flattery or whatever... andys just enjoying himself and so is she, nene

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2013

most gays act like sassy black women. its just what we like, comes natural. imitation sinceest form of flattery or whatever... andys just enjoying himself and so is she, nene

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2013

Bloop!

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2013

Who really gives a shit what NeNe thinks of the Jersey, NY or OC housewives? It was like when Bethenny called in to WWHL that on night and went off on ATL Walter. I mean, who the fuck is she to be mouthing off about something she watches on television?

You can tell she really hates Sheree though. Kept talking about how Sheree "owed" her for getting her on the show, etc...

by Anonymousreply 505/06/2013

I'm surprised Nene's ego fits on that small set.

Andrea treats these women like they are superstars, like her opinion on anything matters. The "above it all" attitude from people like Nene and Bethenny is laughable considering how they started.

by Anonymousreply 705/06/2013

[quote]most gays act like sassy black women. its just what we like, comes natural

You're a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 805/06/2013

Here's what. Nobody who has a life watches his show. So who cares.

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2013

And yet, OP, there you were, GLUED to it, just like all the other lonely, poorly educated people here and around the country who watch trash television.

I'd say the people you were watching are pretty intelligent, at least compared to you. See, they got you to watch, and that's what they wanted.

Now eat your Cheetos, the Kardashians will be on soon.

by Anonymousreply 1005/06/2013

are they really minstrel shows when they depict white women the exact same way?

by Anonymousreply 1105/06/2013

[quote]Now eat your Cheetos, the Kardashians will be on soon.

Despite how mean your post was R10, that line was funny.

by Anonymousreply 1305/06/2013

I used to watch some of the housewives shows until I realized not only were they fake but they were bringing me such physical anxiety - all the yelling and screaming. I couldn't watch anymore and it's so much better not watching.

by Anonymousreply 1405/06/2013

Most gay white guys do the "sassy black girl" affectation when around actual black women or people in general, not realizing how desperate, sad, and pathetic it is.

They really should just be happy to be white and find their own personalities.

by Anonymousreply 1505/06/2013

What the hell is a "NeNe"?

by Anonymousreply 1605/06/2013

The two Black female MD's on "Married to Medicine" on Bravo are not gold digging, hot headed, label whore stereotypes. They are as close to role model BW as you will find on TV.Unfortunately, that cannot be said for the rest of the cast, who fall into the stereotype to a tee.

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2013

That particular affectation is all over this board and all over our community. So I don't understand all of you being up in arms about this. Unless you're those guys who refer to themselves as 'straight acting'.

by Anonymousreply 1805/06/2013

R18 lives in stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 1905/06/2013

R18, that's fine and all but claiming it comes natural is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2013

Miss Cohen is a hard-hitting journalist who asks the tough questions.

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2013

R19 has never been to 8th avenue. And r20 is right, it doesn't come naturally, just like gay voice and gay walk.

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2013

The world is a whole lot bigger than 8th avenue...

by Anonymousreply 2305/06/2013

I never watch Andy and his show because I can't stand both. I only watched Andy because he had the NeNe interview,and I wanted to hear what NeNe wanted to say about the other housewives. She can of believable and straight forward. She said she loves Jeff because he is straight forward and honest. She gave some interesting inside junk about these housewives ,and how they are in real life . Man! NeNe HATES Brandi!!! She said Brandi is really in your face mean to everyone at the Bravo gatherings. Lisa standing by Brandi doesn't say a lot about Lisa. Also, Kyle stating she now is friends with Brandi because she understands her, just shows what a phony Kyle is.

The only thing that I didn't like what Nene said that some of the OC housewives should be replaced because they are boring. I think she went a little too far saying that.

by Anonymousreply 2405/06/2013

Brandi is a fun loving hilarious bitch. I would rather spend 10 minutes dishing with her than eat dinner with the entire cast of any of the Housewives shows. I think Nene has a couple of personal issues with Brandi: tall, fab body, best selling author, is now fairly accepted in LA as more than "just" another reality star, beauty at 40, and lastly the most likely....a sense of thinly veiled bigotry.

Brandi makes no bones about growing up as po YT trash. But she was whooshed off to Milan at 18 which began her transformation into B- TV star wife in her 20's. It took Nene until 40+ just to gain a modicum of regional fame, She has worked and progressed more than any of the Housewives bar none. So she may be a bit raw that it all came so easy for Brandi.

by Anonymousreply 2505/06/2013

Question for the African-American women here: Do you get offended if someone uses words like girl or mm-hmm with you when you know they don't speak that way with anyone else?

I've witnessed this at work and felt embarrassed for the people speaking.

by Anonymousreply 2605/06/2013

R25, Brandi is a bitter, rotten, skanky, slutty, bitch and I rarely, rarely say that about anyone. Why are people brainwashed by this psycho bitch? Also, I think she is still on Bravo because she is screwing some big executive.

by Anonymousreply 2705/07/2013

Who was the ATL housewife neNe wants to replace?

I'm guessing Kandi.

by Anonymousreply 2805/07/2013

r28, it was Porsha.

by Anonymousreply 2905/07/2013

r27=LeAnn Rimes

by Anonymousreply 3005/07/2013

I had to laugh when he had Lil John on and they did the Shotski. Andy claims to be 5'9" and gets pissed when you call him a pocket gay. Lil John is 5'6" and guess who was the same height as Andy taking the shotski? LOL yup Lil John. Andy must have forgot his lifts that day.

by Anonymousreply 3105/07/2013

I can't stand her voice! I wish to god she would finally cough up the clump of phlegm stuck in her throat. COUGH. IT. UP.

by Anonymousreply 3205/07/2013

[quote]most gays act like sassy black women

Where do you live? If most gays in your area act like this, let's put a fence around it so they have to stay there. We don't want them.

by Anonymousreply 3305/07/2013

Most black women don't act like sassy black women.

by Anonymousreply 3405/07/2013

It seems strange that some normal people like Mark and Kelly Consuelos and Anderson Cooper would hang out with this skeevy guy. Maybe he just pushes his way into their gatherings.

by Anonymousreply 3505/07/2013

Following up on [R31], I was introduced to Andy Cohen last year in a bar--I thought he was very full of himself but what struck me the most was how tiny he is. I would be shocked if he was even 5'6".

by Anonymousreply 3605/07/2013

Can you imagine what a dumbie he is? Most people turn past these shows and snicker, but this is his fucking LIFE. And he acts intensely interested in every iota of these bitch's lives.

by Anonymousreply 3705/07/2013

Fuck Andy Cohen.

Do college-educated, liberal gay white men think about how racist, classist, and condescending the whole "I'm a sassy black gal" thing is?

If you don't?

Maybe you should.

by Anonymousreply 3805/07/2013

Last night he had Sweet Brown on and was talking like a ghetto black woman towards her.

I never realized he was this racist and pathetic before.

by Anonymousreply 3905/08/2013

I have only seen a part of one of his shows ONCE. I have no idea who "NeNe" is since I have never ever watched any of those housewives shows. It's all a part of the dumbing down of America. I have better ways to fill my time.

by Anonymousreply 4005/08/2013

The sassy black woman thing is not going away, in fact it's gaining more and more traction with the folding of drag culture into mainstream gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 4105/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.