Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, Anti-Gay Catholic Leader, Decries Rhode Island's Marriage Equality As 'Injustice'

"The meaning of marriage cannot be redefined, because its meaning lies in our very nature," the Catholic leader wrote. "Therefore, regardless of what law is enacted, marriage remains the union of one man and one woman – by the very design of nature, it cannot be otherwise."

The archbishop was also once arrested and charged with DUI.

by Anonymousreply 4812/24/2014

..."Therefore, regardless of what law is enacted, marriage remains the union of one man and one woman – by the very design of nature, it cannot be otherwise."

Yeah, honey. Except now it is.

by Anonymousreply 105/06/2013

I would kind of love it if a bunch of atheists got together and decided that they choose not to recognize religious people as married.

by Anonymousreply 205/06/2013

Name sounds more like a mobster than a priest - WTF??

by Anonymousreply 305/06/2013

When is this asshole going to be caught in some scandal trying to create a 'union,' so to speak, with an altar boy?

by Anonymousreply 405/06/2013

Hey archbishop: The state trumps your religious bullshit. And soon, the federal government with squash your bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 505/06/2013

He's got to be some kind of megalomaniac choosing that name "Salvatore Cordileone." Sooooo over the top. Mary! (no pun)

by Anonymousreply 605/06/2013

R3, R6, As I stated in an earlier thread on Sammy, which was his real name, grew up a few blocks away from me in San Diego. His father was a struggling fisherman, and he was the only Italian in our very WASP Montezuma Grammar School. This made him very self-conscious. He was extremely shy, passive, not at all athletic, short for his age, and in the lower ranks of the academic tracks in all subjects. His father brought him and his older brother to a prostitute when he was still a child. He was warned not to tell his domineering, religious mom about the experience. He didn't have any sisters.

Sounds like Sammy is just following orders from above once again.

by Anonymousreply 705/06/2013

R8, He was brought to a prostitute as a child, with his older brother, by his father. On the the previous Sammy thread, we called it child rape. At the time only the most mature boys in very conservative San Diego talked about the girls they had kissed on the mouth. No one had gone much further, certainly not the heavily picked on Sammy. He didn't have many friends either.

I distinctly remember being shocked after hearing about this "visit" from my older sister, who went to junior high and high school with his older brother. She said that his brother bragged about the experience. His dad had said that their penises were big enough and now it was time to be introduced to "manhood."

by Anonymousreply 905/06/2013

What's a "Whop" r8?

by Anonymousreply 1005/06/2013

How did this family wind up in suburban San Diego? The father sounds like a San Pedro fisherman.

by Anonymousreply 1205/06/2013

[quote]I would kind of love it if a bunch of atheists got together and decided that they choose not to recognize religious people as married.

I don't care if a religius person gets married as long as the marriage is enacted by a government official. Marriage and divorce belong with the government. Marriage performed by a member of the clergy should get no recognition.

by Anonymousreply 1305/06/2013

R12, At the time many people came to San Diego for it's fishing, as well as the naval base.

by Anonymousreply 1505/06/2013

R11 I'm sure you were raised in the best trailer park in your county.

by Anonymousreply 1605/06/2013

The fact that you cannot barter your wife for two goats and a pig means we've already redefined marriage. In fact, it's been under constant redefinition for millennia...

The concept of "Marriage" pre-dates Christianity; Christianity does not OWN the word OR the institution. They do not get to tell anyone else, especially non-Christians, who they can and cannot marry.

by Anonymousreply 1705/06/2013

He's a dumb cunt

by Anonymousreply 1805/06/2013

Typical ginny genetic-misfire. Can we blow up that country and the dumb creep pope and burn all Catholics/Italians in a pit???

by Anonymousreply 1905/06/2013

fervently anti-gay=closet case. just wait for him to be caught up in some kind of gay scandal. it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 2005/06/2013

[quote] Typical ginny

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2105/06/2013

Yes....R11 obviously learned how to spell from his Uncle-Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 2205/06/2013

It's guinea you fucking idiot, not "ginny."

Ginny is in billing.

by Anonymousreply 2405/06/2013

R11/14/19 is desperately trying to get this thread deleted and will probably succeed since webby can't seem to figure out how to delete posts instead of entire threads like every other site on the web does.

by Anonymousreply 2505/06/2013

How did Ginny in billing become an archbishop?

by Anonymousreply 2605/06/2013

Well,I don't know about you but,my jinny could use a little attention!

by Anonymousreply 2705/06/2013

R23...."pure stock"....LOL!

Pure stock translates to: Your daddy was out behind your trailer (double wide of course) in West Virginia (or some other god awful hell hole) sodomizing the family goat while you were hanging with your sister-mommy.

by Anonymousreply 2805/06/2013

Photo of R25.

by Anonymousreply 2905/06/2013

Whatever, R23. Pure stock blue bloods are for equality (99% of the time) while it is dirtier peoples who cling to their religion and this arch-bop-the-bishop is a perfect example.

Travolta is another one of theirs.

Also, look at the equally filthy French and how there were violent anti-equality protests over there.

by Anonymousreply 3005/06/2013

I love Ginny! She always brings fresh rice Krispies squares and she likes it when I sing Opera!

by Anonymousreply 3105/06/2013

R30 I assume that when you refer to pure stock that you mean "clean" rednecks who pimp out their daughters for some extra cash to buy some more crank. Yee-Hah!

by Anonymousreply 3205/06/2013

Sounds more along the lines of something this G-U-I-N-E-A (you happy?) cree's papa would do.

I'm not a redneck - I'm a sophisticate. Never even heard of "crank" or most of the other things you people probably do.

But go ahead an defend the people who hate you. Makes a ton of sense.

by Anonymousreply 3305/06/2013

The only thing worse than the ignorance of so many Christians, is the arrogance of so many Christians.

Who the fuck are YOU to tell ME who I can and can't marry? Fucking asshats.

by Anonymousreply 3405/06/2013

Not all Christians, R34. Mostly just the dirty poor people versions: catholic, mormon, black churches, and fundies.

Don't forget there are progressive Christian churches - we've got a dyke pastor in mine.

by Anonymousreply 3505/06/2013

Ginny from Billing never really died. He is now Carl from Accounting. Ginny's "death" was all just a cover for the gender reassignment surgery.

by Anonymousreply 3605/06/2013

Good lord, he sounds like a character from the Godfather.

by Anonymousreply 3705/06/2013

[quote]I'm not a redneck - I'm a sophisticate. Never even heard of "crank" or most of the other things you people probably do.

Oh, lordy.

by Anonymousreply 3805/06/2013

R33 It sounds to me like you're using some that fancy learning from your home schoolin'. Papi sure be proud you of now!

Oh...and papi is the one who held you down when you were 12 and taught you the real meaning of corn holin'. Giddy up!!

by Anonymousreply 3905/06/2013

I see nothing wrong with churches having wedding ceremonies, however, they should be on the same legal par as a baptism, confirmation or first communion.

Marriage contracts and the breaking of marriage contracts (divorce) should be the work of the state.

by Anonymousreply 4105/06/2013

R40 It appears that your delusions of grandeur are derived from a mother who took too much meth during her pregnancy with you. I feel bad for you, as your views about the world have obviously been clouded by a father and uncles who used you from the age of 5 as a fuck toy. You poor, sad little sissy boy.

I know that it's not nice to rub the nose of those less fortunate in the mud, but you are so freakin' dumb that I can't help it!!

Now go back to your tea and crumpets you pretentious, ill educated, bigoted, in-bred, red neck. Toodles.

by Anonymousreply 4205/06/2013

My people don't do that, R42. That would be the catholic pedos, mormon bigamis/pedos, the black incest crowd (inevitable when no one can figure out who is who's daddy), and fundamentalist closet case pedos

Coincidentally the four biggest anti-gay anti-marriage groups. They hate us to throw attention away from their own perversion.

I'll let up on them when they let up on us.

by Anonymousreply 4305/06/2013

[quote]"The meaning of marriage cannot be redefined, because its meaning lies in our very nature,"

Of course, none of that is true, or even pertinent. It's just more made up gibberish by religio-loony gay-haters. Somebody ought to tell this clown to FUCK OFF!

by Anonymousreply 4405/06/2013

It's amazing anyone affiliated with this church would dare open their mouths. Even Catholics say the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 4505/07/2013

Saw him a few times when he was at Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá. At the time Proposition 8 was on the ballot. He went on the TV news supporting it. Now he’s the Archbishop of San Francisco!

by Anonymousreply 4612/24/2014

Although I can't manage the level of consuming hate that you guys do, it does surprise me that a Roman Catholic Archbishop would support traditional marriage so stubbornly.

For all we know, he probably even believes in God.

The churches will never change, The only solution is to outlaw them.

by Anonymousreply 4712/24/2014

r14 You sorta' DID have a government official at your marriage. What do you think a marriage license is for anyway?It doesn't matter who officiates your marriage. The STATE allows you to call yourself married. No marriage is deemed to have occurred until it's registered by a governmental entity.

by Anonymousreply 4812/24/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!