Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Reese Witherspoon Keeping it Classy

Reese Witherspoon's latest fashion statement is definitely a bold one. The Mud actress landed at LAX with husband Jim Toth and 8-month-old son Tennessee in tow, but it was her new head gear that turned heads on Saturday, May 4.

Witherspoon, 37, kept her outfit casual in jeans and a simple black jacket, topping off her look with a baseball cap with a "City of Atlanta Police" patch displayed prominently across the front. The Oscar-winning actress was even photographed with a hint of a smirk as she and Toth, 42, made their way through the airport terminal.

The actress kept her arms crossed across her chest and her head down as Toth pushed Tennessee's stroller.

Just days earlier, new dashboard footage showed an inebriated Witherspoon arguing with Atlanta police officers after Toth was pulled over for drunk driving during an Apr. 19 arrest.

"My name is Reese Witherspoon. You're arresting me for obstruction of justice. It's gonna be in the national news -- I just want to let you know," she tells an officer in a now-infamous clip, to which he replies, "That's fine."

At one point in the evening, Witherspoon even demands to see the officer's "real ID" to prove that he and his colleague were, indeed, real police officers. When another officer explained that they weren't required to do so because they were riding in marked cars, the actress protested that she didn't know that because she's "from Tennessee -- Nashville."

Toth was later charged with driving under the influence, and Witherspoon was charged with disorderly conduct. Both parties pleaded no contest in court on May 2.

Witherspoon, who is also mom to daughter Ava, 13, and Deacon, 8, with ex Ryan Phillippe, admitted that she is willing to accept full responsibility for her actions during a May 2 interview on Good Morning America.

"We have to say when you make a mistake you take responsibility and we are taking responsibility and doing everything in our power to make it right," she said.

by Anonymousreply 5205/07/2013

I honestly think she wore that just to say "I respect the ATL Police Dept."

by Anonymousreply 105/05/2013

[quote]Witherspoon, 37, kept her outfit casual in jeans and a simple black jacket, topping off her look with a baseball cap with a "City of Atlanta Police" patch displayed prominently across the front. The Oscar-winning actress was even photographed with a hint of a smirk as she and Toth, 42, made their way through the airport terminal.

What a smug cunt.

[quote]I honestly think she wore that just to say "I respect the ATL Police Dept."

Respects them my ass. We all saw the video and she was disrespectful the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 205/05/2013

Ever hear of remorse, R2?

by Anonymousreply 305/05/2013

Why isn't she wearing a cap that says "Baby On Board ?"

by Anonymousreply 405/05/2013

C'mon, R2. Cut her some slack. She was pissy drunk and panicked when she saw her husband being handcuffed. We generally aren't in our right minds when we are drunk.

by Anonymousreply 505/05/2013

They way that arrogant hick cop talked to her, she should have worn a "cop killer" shirt.

by Anonymousreply 605/05/2013

Her kid is going to have to go through life with the name Tennessee Toth.

by Anonymousreply 705/05/2013

LMAO at Reese's redneck white trash fans defending her. Sure, people make mistakes, but this cap is her making a joke out of the situation. She's dragging this situation out more than the media is.

by Anonymousreply 805/05/2013

How is this NOT a passive/agressive fuck you to the cops that arrested her?

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2013

Reese should wear a cap that says "I AM REESE WITHERSPOON,AN AMERICAN CITIZEN!" because then every police officer will know to not arrest her on American soil.

by Anonymousreply 1005/05/2013

R9 Exactly. Anyone who believes this is "showing remorse" is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 1105/05/2013

For the record, R8, I'm not white.

by Anonymousreply 1205/05/2013

Good now this cunt's true colours have been revealed. Who can we have next among the fake bitches?

by Anonymousreply 1305/05/2013

What is REALLY stupid about this is that she was pulled over by the Georgia State Patrol, not the ATL Police.

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2013

R12 So just an idiot?

by Anonymousreply 1505/05/2013

Ya know, as an Atlanta resident I hate this fucking cunt. Her husband was drifting into the oncoming lane on a major street and thank god the cops pulled them over before they hit someone head on. I'm sorry she was slightly inconvenienced as she is so above it all. She is a piece of shit. Human garbage. Stayin LA, CA bitch where the cops kiss celebrity ass as part of the job.

by Anonymousreply 1605/05/2013

An idiot for thinking that Reese isn't being bitchy because of her cap, R15? LOL. You're clearly envious of her success. Too bad, so sad. VERY sad.

by Anonymousreply 1705/05/2013

People are only on her side because of who she is.

When normal people are the victims of ACTUAL police brutality, these Reese-defending tools are probably saying "well, the police were just doing their job"

fuck off celebrity ass kissers.

by Anonymousreply 1805/05/2013

I'm so embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 1905/05/2013

Give it a rest already. She got drunk and said something stupid. Heaven forbid that anyone on this site should ever get drunk and say something stupid. Oh, that's right, that what DL is all about.

by Anonymousreply 2005/05/2013

Reese is the idiot who is keeping this story going. Molly Smith probably told her to wear the hat to stay in the news. Best actress Oscar winners don't traditional get drunk, arrested and say stupid things on video, so be prepared for this to haunt for her the rest of her lame career.

by Anonymousreply 2105/05/2013

R21' haunt her? No one really gives a fuck, it'll be old new by the time her next movie is out. I think she's doing Gone Girl, which will be big. Though I think she'll be miscast.

by Anonymousreply 2205/05/2013

Whenever one of her awful movies come out, it will be news again and the mug shot and videos will be shown time and time again.

by Anonymousreply 2305/05/2013

Leave Reese alone, she is America's sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 2405/05/2013

I'm happy that its been revealed that she is pure WITCH. And not nice at all. Her sweet, next door girl facade is FAKE.

HAHA.

And she needs to rename her kid. Tennessee Toth is a horrible name.

by Anonymousreply 2605/05/2013

Reese is producing "Gone Girl" with David Fincher directing. She is not slated to star. I don't know if it has a start date. They won't want to use Reese after Molly Smith encouraged her to audition on police cam.

Reese showed really bad judgment and the arrest will continue to bite her in the ass. It's true that she has been backstabbing other actresses for years, and a lot of knives will end up in her back.

by Anonymousreply 2705/05/2013

What a cunt. The cops should've beat her fat ass into a coma.

by Anonymousreply 2805/05/2013

Of all the dimwits posting on this thread, R17 is my favorite. Such cleverness, wit and repartee! Let's look at this one, using a method popular among high school sophomore girls:

1. Attack person who with whom you disagree with the fabled and devastating "LOL."

2. Declare, irrelevantly and irrationally that the person's opinion somehow is based on envy. Yes, because we always notice other people's bad behavior because we are jealous of them. Such reasoning.

Why this cunt at R17 is a Witherspooge apologist is anyone's guess. But why a high school girl is posting here and expecting a snap and a nod for being a cunt - no, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2013

The real point here is that the actress/celebrity chose an ambiguous display that could be perceived in more than one way. For many it looks like a challenge - she is co-opting the police's Identity. Maybe she meant it otherwise, but the fact that it is bizarre lets people know she remains unwise and apparently out of control. Doesn't this cunt have an advisors or PR help?

by Anonymousreply 3005/05/2013

You'd think she wouldn't want to remind people of it...

by Anonymousreply 3105/05/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 3205/05/2013

I think Reese went rogue on this one. There's no way Meredith Wasser would allow her to prolong this PR nightmare. And her CAA hubby would know better than to let her do something this high profile to prolong BOTH of their stories (he got a DUI from this that I'm sure he wants to put behind him).

Just Resse showing her true colors.

by Anonymousreply 3305/06/2013

The Huffington Post read it as her making fun of the police. Maybe being arrested was her version of Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 3405/06/2013

R33, her husband was right next to her.

by Anonymousreply 3505/06/2013

R35, no, he was behind her.

by Anonymousreply 3605/06/2013

It keeps my name in the news one more week. You don't have jurisdiction over my forehead. Suck it, homos!

by Anonymousreply 3705/06/2013

What a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 3805/06/2013

Have Reese and Sandra Bullock ever done amovie together?

by Anonymousreply 3905/06/2013

Their marriage is not going to last.

by Anonymousreply 4005/06/2013

Hope he gave her a good "Southern Talking To" when they got home for shooting her mouth off like that and firing up this shit storm!

by Anonymousreply 4105/06/2013

Pic of Reese with her mother, yikes

by Anonymousreply 4205/06/2013

R42 Goodness me! You know ReeRee must have to really watch what she eats with those genes in her family.

by Anonymousreply 4305/06/2013

Maybe the author simply means that they are jobs that are least likely to attract psychopaths, not that they don't attract psychopaths at all. I mean I'm sure we've all heard of psychopathic nurses. Nursing provides an opportunity to be in control and to manipulate which makes it perfect for psychopaths. However, maybe the author has data that shows that the nursing profession is less attractive to psychopaths than the top 10 professions.

by Anonymousreply 4405/06/2013

Sorry about that, please disregard.

by Anonymousreply 4505/06/2013

Reese looks just like her momma but skinnier. But that is going to be her face, she's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4605/06/2013

The Atlanta police department had nothing to do with her arrest. She was arrested by the Georgia State Patrol. If they'd been stopped by the APD the cop would have probably smoked crack with them and let them go.

by Anonymousreply 4705/06/2013

It's not a real Atlanta PD hat.

We spoke to Senior Officer Stanionis from the Public Affairs office of the APD, who told us point blank -- "We did not give her that hat. We have no idea where she got that hat."

"In fact, that’s an awful hat," Stanionis continued ... "Looks like a patch glued onto a hat and it’s not a good one."

by Anonymousreply 4805/06/2013

I am the Atlanta Lieutenant officer's ... whore.

by Anonymousreply 4905/06/2013

Oh, dear this hat thing is backfiring, isn't it? If it was meant as an act of contrition, it turned into an insult because she wore the wrong agency's cap. Did she even know who arrested her? Than, it turns out that the incorrect cap isn't even a correct cap for the APD. It's likely something thrown together for the paps. I mean how many bootleg APD caps are there out there?

[quote]Reese is producing "Gone Girl" with David Fincher directing.

Two control freaks helming a movie? I hope the movie doesn't fall through. We need to hear the stories.

by Anonymousreply 5005/07/2013

Reese just signed a deal to star in "Three Little Words" with James Mangold (barf) directing and Amanda Seyfried co-starring (hurl). It's a heartwarming tale of a foster child rescued by an unpaid volunteer. It's called stretching (your hand out with your hat for some Blind Side money and sympathy). Maybe she rode on James L. Brooks lap again for some, um, advice.

by Anonymousreply 5105/07/2013

she's a careerist bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5205/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.