Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did Prince Harry reveal the gender of Will and Kate’s baby?

[quote]Kate and William are staying tight-lipped about the gender — as well as any potential baby names.

Sun May 05 2013

Prince Harry has reportedly revealed the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will welcome a baby boy into the world.

The British royal couple are expecting their first child — due in July — and although they are remaining tight-lipped about its gender, William’s brother is said to be openly “thrilled” Kate Middleton will give birth to his first nephew.

An insider told the Sunday People newspaper: “Harry has been telling everyone Wills and Kate are having a boy and how thrilled he is at the prospect of having a little nephew.

“He said the whole family (was) excited about it. Apparently Kate has always wanted a boy ... The close inner circle all know that it’s a boy and they’re busily buying girls with a boy theme.”

Kate and William are staying tight-lipped about the gender — as well as any potential baby names, although it is reported they have one “sorted.”

The source added: “They’re really working hard on baby names now and think they have it sorted.

“But they won’t reveal anything to anyone — not even Harry. Of course, Harry’s been making up crazy suggestions and winding them up too.”

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 3005/05/2013

After douchebag Charles and eventually Willliam, I'm hoping Kate has a girl.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 405/05/2013

[quote]It's damn time another European monarchy has a boy as an heir.

The current heirs are Charles, William, Harry and Andrew.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 505/05/2013

[quote]An insider told the Sunday People newspaper: “Harry has been telling everyone Wills and Kate are having a boy and how thrilled he is at the prospect of having a little nephew.

Clips of Harry saying this or it didn't happen.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 605/05/2013

^ I'm talking in the sense of European monarchies.

Besides having a boy heir it's good for publicity business in the sense that girls dream they marry a prince so that they themselves would become princesses. When the heir it's a girl, it's not the same. Boys don't dream to marry some princess so that they one day become consorts.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 705/05/2013

Rolling my eyes at R7

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 805/05/2013

^ Well it's true, monarchies nowadays (specially the British one) are only usable in that they bring tourist $$$ for the State. And nothing brings more of that than a royal wedding, specially the ones were an everyday female ¨commoner¨ marries the prince and becomes a princess herself.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 905/05/2013

Oh please. It's a girl. Kate mistakenly stated that a while ago. All this back peddling to cause confusion and high anticipation is moot.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1005/05/2013

R2/etc needs a drink.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1105/05/2013

r3, what the fuck are you talking about?

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1205/05/2013

R10 is right.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1305/05/2013

William is known for being famously secretive about anything leaking to the press. He HATES the press spilling his major life events. (Rememer that his engagement day took his entire inner circle by surprise and while everyone knew it was coming at some point he wanted to control the announcement. He only called the Queen and Charles and his closest staff a few hrs before and there was a mad scramble to get out an official announcement)

I would be extremely surprised if they were telling people the gender of the baby. Kate didn't even tell her mom that she was engaged until Wm ok'd it. He is SUPER secretive and loathes the press after they hounded his mother.

I'm not buying this story one bit nor the press source of this story. Harry also seems like a good guy but I don't think Wm would spill the beans to him this early in the game. Guess we'll all find out if it's a boy in a few months. I'm excited for William and Kate

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1405/05/2013

Kate did not reveal it was a girl. She started to say something and stopped, and everyone jumped on the word "daughter" even though it didn't make a lot of sense in context.

Harry is a loose cannon.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1505/05/2013

“The close inner circle all know that it’s a boy and they’re busily buying girls with a boy theme.”

Where can I buy a girl with a boy theme?

Do they have them in the US? Or is just a UK thing?

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1605/05/2013

r14/r15 are correct. No way in hell would William risk letting the cat out of the bag by letting Harry know anything. It'd be all over the press within days. Wills is super-secretive about his personal life, he'd want the gender kept secret right up to the birth.

Supposedly outside of he and Kate only her parents and Charles know the gender.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1705/05/2013

"The close inner circle all know that it’s a boy and they’re busily buying girls with a boy theme.”

What does that mean? "buying girls with a boy theme"?

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1805/05/2013

I think it's a typo. They meant buying "gifts" with a boy theme.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 1905/05/2013

Brits love to give lesbians as baby gifts.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2005/05/2013

who cares..it's satan's spawn anyway

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2105/05/2013

R21 Thank you. Are people's lives this sad that they actually give a shit?

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2205/05/2013

Did you forget that you're on Datalounge? If you don't give a shit about gossip, what are you doing here?

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2305/05/2013

[quote]Did you forget that you're on Datalounge? If you don't give a shit about gossip, what are you doing here?

Wondering whether or not a baby will be a boy or girl is hardly interesting gossip. Babies are born every day.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2405/05/2013

There's nothing to confirm it on The Telegraph. The Daily Mail does have it and they both take their royalty news very seriously. With the blue baby buggy, I'd guess it's a Prince, too.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2505/05/2013

Not that are heirs to the British throne, R24. But you know that, you're just being a dick.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2605/05/2013

Aren't most baby buggies navy blue? I've never seen a pink one...

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2705/05/2013

R22, instead of scrolling on to other threads you clicked on this thread, so something was of initial interest to you here. And then you also felt strongly enough to post a reply on the thread. Don't you think that's a little hypocritical to be so invested in such a 'sad' thread?

If you think it's 'sad' for some of us to enjoy royal news, I find it more sad that you would feel the need to point it out.

So what if I enjoy royal trivia and news? Why should you care? "Live and let live."

I have friends that follow sports teams or other pop culture interests that don't resonate for me in any way ,but I don't feel that they have 'sad' lives for having those interests.

Your post says a lot more about you than it does about those who posted here. And something tells me that you life isn't as fabulous as you think it is. Content people don't get their kicks by belittling others.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2805/05/2013

[quote]Not that are heirs to the British throne, [R24]. But you know that, you're just being a dick.

Who cares? What makes them so special? They piss and shit just like everyone else. All this royalty and monarchy shit is so outdated.

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 2905/05/2013

So why click on the thread?

by Vegas Cocktail Waitressreply 3005/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!