Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

If Ned Racine were gay, the whole plot of "Body Heat" would have fallen apart.

What other changed single plot element would render a screenplay moot?

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2013

pity bump

by Anonymousreply 105/05/2013

If Dorothy had been a bitch no one would have helped her get to see the Wizard.

by Anonymousreply 205/05/2013

OP, the plot of pretty much every rom com, love story, and drama or thriller hinging on a sexual affair, love triangle, etc, would fall apart if a main character's sexual orientation were different (but all other characters' genders and orientations were the same). This is not exactly a revelation.

by Anonymousreply 305/05/2013

R3, I think you missed the point.

If the main character's sexual orientation were changed (and the associated sex of his target for love/lust)... in many rom-coms, the same plot can play out. In some, though, the fact that it's gay instead of straight renders the entire premise invalid.

by Anonymousreply 405/05/2013

Katherine Heigl's "Knocked Up" would have been just another "The Object of My Affection" or "The Next Best Thing."

*shudder*

by Anonymousreply 505/05/2013

If Eve Harrington had been a heterosexual man....

If Scarlett O'Hara had been black....

If Sophie had been childless....

by Anonymousreply 605/05/2013

If Ned Racine were gay, couldn't the story still work on the basis that he's obsessed with Matty for some reason other than his lust? Diva worship, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 705/05/2013

Mtty Walker is my fave female villain, not to mention that "Body Heat" is that rare mainstream film where the villain, at the end, actually flourishes.

by Anonymousreply 805/05/2013

oops- Matty

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2013

Why would gay instead of straight render the whole premise of Body Heat invalid, r4? You could tell the whole story with gay men as the main characters.

by Anonymousreply 1005/05/2013

If "Breaking Bad" was set in any other Western country...how Walt was going to pay for his chemo never even would have been a concern. Plot unravels.

by Anonymousreply 1105/05/2013

If I was in "Albert Nobbs", somebody might've seen it.

by Anonymousreply 1205/05/2013

If Tootsie had really been a woman.

by Anonymousreply 1305/05/2013

If Oedipus had just let his dad go first.

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.