Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Deathbed testimony confirms existence of extraterrestrials

What do you make of this? Aren't deathbed testimonials typically given more credence?

by Anonymousreply 1905/05/2013

Conspiracy theories like this always strain the limits of credulity, not because they are unimaginable but because they purport actions by our government that would require intelligence, planning, preparation, and execution, all perfectly for the past 60 years... a feat we know for fact that this government could in no way accomplish. We don't even know who is in the country and who overstayed their VISA, we fight entire wars based on faulty information from an informant nicknamed "Curveball", and somehow can't manage to make sure every citizen has the opportunity to vote in free ad fair elections, but you think we could keep an alien invasion quiet?

Or is this the spoiler thread for the new Star Trek movie and I'm just falling for OP's bait?

by Anonymousreply 105/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 205/05/2013

R1 that "they're too stupid to pull anything off" meme is so empty

by Anonymousreply 305/05/2013

He certainly gives one the feeling that he's telling the truth. I hope the producers of the film get more details and check them thoroughly.

by Anonymousreply 405/05/2013

No, R1, it's not viral marketing. The interviewer, Richard Dolan, is an establshed UFO author. He studied the Cold War as a Rhodes scholar and became interested in UFOs after reading many references to them.

Any other opinions? I'm very curious. What do you think? Brainwashing? Mental illness? The truth?

by Anonymousreply 505/05/2013

I don't know about the rest of you, but this is proof enough for me!

by Anonymousreply 605/05/2013

When my grandpa was on his deathbed, he kept going on about how police officers had come in to the hospice (and were on their way again) and had stolen his socks.

by Anonymousreply 705/05/2013

R6, the idiots are those who accept as truth that which they hear on CNN and read in USA Today without asking any further questions.

by Anonymousreply 805/05/2013

When I was a kid, one rarely saw footage of an earthquake occurring, a tornado touching down or a car accident. Because just as when a UFO would appear, by the time one got out their 8mm camera and loaded it with film, the event was over. All of these are events that happen with no warning and are usually over in matter of minutes, if not seconds, catching everyone off guard. Today, with surveillance cameras everywhere, dash-cams and everyone walking around with a mini video recorder on their phones, videos of earthquakes and car wrecks and tornadoes are easy to find. The same should apply to UFOs, but it doesnt. We should have hundreds if not thousands of these videos but we dont. Either the visitors have grown bored with earth and stopped visiting sometime in the late 90s, or they dont exist.

by Anonymousreply 905/05/2013

Why doesn't Anonymous identify himself?

Why doesn't someone else identify him?

by Anonymousreply 1005/05/2013

1. The existence of extraterrestrials was mathematically proven true, by Carl Sagan, years ago, based on the known size of the universe then. (Which we know is much, much bigger today)

2. Dead bed confessions are often a lame attempt to get one last bit of attention.

by Anonymousreply 1105/05/2013

[quote]1. The existence of extraterrestrials was mathematically proven true, by Carl Sagan, years ago, based on the known size of the universe then.

No. You're thinking of the Drake equation, presented at a SETI conference which Sagan attended. Sagan was impressed with the equation, but he did not create it. And it doesn't "prove" the existence of extraterrestrial life but rather discusses the odds in which life on other planets might exist.

The equation also says nothing about the possibility of said life being (a) intelligent and (b) capable of interstellar travel, much less about the possibility that our planet has been visited. In fact, Sagan argued that the chances of extraterrestrial spacecraft visiting Earth were "vanishingly small."

by Anonymousreply 1205/05/2013

His attempt at sexy-voice is very distracting!

by Anonymousreply 1305/05/2013

[quote]What do you make of this?

I can make a hat, or a brooch, or a pterodactyl...

by Anonymousreply 1405/05/2013

[quote]What do you make of this? Aren't deathbed testimonials typically given more credence?

In very limited circumstances. Statements about the cause or circumstances of what the speaker believes to be his imminent death can be admitted as evidence in a homicide case or in civil cases when the speaker is dead (or otherwise unavailable).

Otherwise, dying declarations are generally not allowed in evidence in federal courts and most state courts.

by Anonymousreply 1505/05/2013

^ because they are hearsay.

by Anonymousreply 1605/05/2013

Bitch with the breathy voice is at least worth an honorable mention.

by Anonymousreply 1705/05/2013

I don't know enough about anonymous to tell you if he was brainwashed, or mentally ill, R5. But my original supposition still stands; if there was evidence as this guy claims, that there was an alien invasion on the scale he describes, it would be impossible for our government (and ostensibly the governments of other nations, lest we assume aliens are interested in only invading the USA) to keep such a massive coverup perfectly intact for more than 60 years. And don't you think that an alien species bent on invasion would keep at it despite an initial failure?

I actually believe we are not alone in the universe. I think the Earth and humanity is actually pretty average when it comes to interstellar life. We have barely dipped our toes in space exploration, and have discovered that interplanetary travel is extraordinarily difficult. Moreover, we don't have a lot to offer aliens and haven't really given any a good reason to come calling. The science fiction of H.G. Wells is not a reasonable explanation notwithstanding.

The much more likely explanation is a coverup of governmental misdeeds, and anonymous was lead to believe it was aliens to shut him up.

by Anonymousreply 1805/05/2013

What makes this so interesting is the fact that we can be sure that "Anonymous" is really a former CIA official, and not just some random mentally ill old geezer.

by Anonymousreply 1905/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!