Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Reports: After a Year of Decline, Mob Activity on the Rise in Upstate NY."

to continue the discussion of BLTs at Kellys

by Anonymousreply 60107/17/2013

Why are there quotes around the subject? And the period is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2013

What day does Roger come back?

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2013

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2013

I don't think he's back on Wednesday. GH is 2 days behind due to unexpected interruptions like the Pope.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2013

Are you fuckers doin a movie without ME?

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2013

There was the pope then there was the Boston thing. I think these airdates take that into account but I'm not sure. I guess he'll be back by Friday at least.

I must admit I cut back somewhat on watching while he was gone even though I like the rest of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2013

One year of decline isn't much.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

In this particular municipality, it was a HUGE accomplishment, R8.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

Leslie Charleson's face looks more settled, but you can't escape the fact that the skin above her cleavage shows every one of her 68 years, especially when you consider she's gotten at least 40 years of SoCal sun exposure due to her time on GH. I think Laura Wright is headed down the same path, although I wish she'd fix her jacked-up teeth.

Contrast with Finola Hughes (53) and Nancy Lee Grahn (55), who are just trying to look like good-looking fifty-something women.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2013

I've been watching last week's General Hospital. I haven't watched since Tamara Braun was Carly.

The writing sure has declined. Not necessarily plot, which may or may not be better (I've only watched a week) , but the dialogue is flat. Maybe it's the acting, though.

I started watching GH I the ate 90s when Sarah Brown and Nancy Lee Grahn were consistently on FIRE. The current cast is pretty lightweight. I HATE the new Carly.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

Keep watching, R12. They've got a huge cast of about 30 on contract and another 30 or so that recur pretty heavily, so you're bound to like some of them. As for dialogue, I think it depends on which one of the scriptwriters handles that day's episode - most of them are pretty decent and a couple are very good.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

Rafe's cute.

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

Love Rafe's flushed rosy cheeks. He's so goofy. I would love to see if his cute little butt cheeks have the same rosy glow.

(And yes, he's 18 I checked.)

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

Also, it's sad seeing how ugly some of the cast is now. Tyler Christopher looks so gross now, but also kind of hot. He was such a gorgeous boy though. I was like 8 when I watched him on GH and I was in love with Tyler Baker. Something I wrong with his hair.

Vanessa Marcil was disappointing. I always hated Brenda but she sure was pretty. She's still pretty but her face looks plastic. Botox and fillers.

Elizabeth. Still gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

Don't drop that towel, Rafe.

by Anonymousreply 1705/04/2013

Another shirtless pic of Jimmy Deshler (Rafe). Goofing around with her girlfriend Becky G.

by Anonymousreply 1805/04/2013

Rafe has the face of a baby, but he has a forest for a treasure trail and under his arms.

Even so, I couldn't believe how much FV let the camera linger on him shirtless while he was sleeping. He looks SO young.

by Anonymousreply 1905/04/2013

IF history is our guide, I'm sure that Frank has already been buried balls deep into the hairy hole of the actor who plays Rafe.

by Anonymousreply 2005/04/2013

I see what you mean about those pits, , R19. He's a man where it counts, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 2105/04/2013

[quote] IF history is our guide, I'm sure that Frank has already been buried balls deep into the hairy hole of the actor who plays Rafe.

Fuck, that's a hot image. I want Frankie V's big Italian horsecock buried deep in my hairy hole.

by Anonymousreply 2205/04/2013

Do you think Rafe takes Mr Valentini's giant pork sword attached to those Rocco DiSpiritos Momma's heavy and hairy oversized meatballs? Or do you think Mr. Valentini takes Rafe's giant porksword attached to his Rocco Dispirito's Momma's heavy and hairy oversized meatballs? Are they porking now most likely?

by Anonymousreply 2305/05/2013

R23 Again, but in English this time perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 2405/05/2013

Frank has said that his mentor and sprit guide is Paul Rauch, who gave Frank his first job. That being the case, Frank samples the talent, if you know what I mean. He was carrying on with one of the Ford boys and Scott Evans.

by Anonymousreply 2505/05/2013

I thought Paul Rauch tested the girls though

by Anonymousreply 2605/05/2013

Picture it: Frank Valentini being spit-roasted by Jimmy Deshler and Andy Trischitta. (Heeey, I'm mixing my shows, but hot is hot.)

by Anonymousreply 2705/05/2013

Please! Frank tops them both.

by Anonymousreply 2805/05/2013

Rauch was straight so he sampled women Frank is gay so it would stand to reason he samples men.

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2013

Frank's a great producer and a very professional guy.

by Anonymousreply 3005/05/2013

Rumours of Howarth's role are that he is playing opposite not only Heather and Sam, but also Kristan Alderson's new character as well (so much for the promise of new roles with new stories - lol). It's looking quite clear that Howarth is the "real" Franco (whom Betsy Franco was talking to in her last scene the other day); Alderson will be Lauren Franco; Maura West is Franco's ex-wife Ava Jerome, Lauren's mother; and Michael Easton's character will be involved with Ava.

by Anonymousreply 3105/05/2013

Franco wasn't really Jason's twin? How stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3205/05/2013

West and Easton could be an interesting pairing. Now if only RC knew how to write believable relationships...

by Anonymousreply 3305/05/2013

Franco the serial killer wasn't Jason's twin

by Anonymousreply 3405/05/2013

I pack a wallop.

by Anonymousreply 3505/05/2013

r23 - you either have to get laid or get a job.

by Anonymousreply 3605/05/2013

[quote]Franco the serial killer wasn't Jason's twin

I'm so confused.

by Anonymousreply 3705/05/2013

R37, it's like trying to follow the Spider-man clone saga sometimes.

At first I didn't want those OLTL actors back in different roles, but now I'm looking forward to it.

Ron can do it.

But I don't think Frank is doing -- meaning, dipping his pen in the company ink.

He's too smart for that.

by Anonymousreply 3805/05/2013

[quote] But I don't think Frank is doing -- meaning, dipping his pen in the company ink.He's too smart for that.

I hope you're right, Joyce. I really hope you're right.

by Anonymousreply 3905/05/2013

RH is the hottest guy on GH. RKK should come back. We need more eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 4005/05/2013

RH isn't Roger Howarth is it? Honestly I have a hard time watching him he's so ugly. Those ears disgust me.

by Anonymousreply 4105/05/2013

Roger Howarth's ears are extremely gross. Can't he get those things fixed? Did he used to be a boxer?

by Anonymousreply 4205/05/2013

What do you expect with DL's own Josh and Dr. Brent moving in to take over vice, gambling, drugs, and prostitution in the area. Why, all the decent folk have been run out and all the babies sacrificed in satanic rituals!

by Anonymousreply 4305/05/2013

R40 is not a man. Nothing wrong with that. Only women are stunned by Howarth's charms. Men generally avert their eyes or stare past him until we spot a prettier co-star.

He's like TG that way in that the female rape fantasy is powerful enough to push past the fug.

by Anonymousreply 4405/05/2013

So what's the deal with these three actors? Apparently as of just a couple of months ago they were on and playing different characters? And now they're coming back as all new ones. Why? Why did they leave just to come right back?

by Anonymousreply 4505/05/2013

r45 You're new on these threads, aren't you.

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 4605/05/2013

R46, yes. I only started watching GH again last week, after about a 10 year break.

by Anonymousreply 4705/05/2013

I feel for r45, but I really don't have the energy.

by Anonymousreply 4805/05/2013

R48 LOL that's okay.

by Anonymousreply 4905/05/2013

[quote]Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson appeared on General Hospital from 2012-2013. Their characters of Todd Manning, John McBain and Starr Manning will return to One Life to Live and likely be recast with new actors with the current actors receiving new characters once they return to General Hospital. Prospect Park currently owns the rights to all One Life to Live characters; TV Guide reported that because ABC does not want to risk any further legal disputes with Prospect Park concerning the characters, the only way to avoid such disputes may be to have the former One Life to Live actors portray "characters that in no way resemble the current ones" in order to stay on General Hospital.[18] ABC recently announced that the actors would be returning to GH on May 10, 2013, but without naming the characters they will portray. He will also continue to portray Todd Manning on the online version of One Life to Live.

by Anonymousreply 5005/05/2013

Oh, balls.

by Anonymousreply 5105/05/2013

[quote] Oh, balls.

There's down here somewhere - but I might have to do a little trimmin' to find 'em!

by Anonymousreply 5205/05/2013

I think Port Charles needs a new sexy hairy daddy, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 5305/05/2013

So the OLTL 3 are back and, uh...I really don't have words.

Except that Roger Howarth looks like the lead singer from Kajagoogoo.

by Anonymousreply 5405/06/2013

I love RH, but those ears are sooo unfortunate. The short haircut really makes them pop out.

by Anonymousreply 5505/06/2013

So I guess Alexander Quartermaine is the real son of Alan Q and Susan Moore aka the real Franco and not the son of Tony Cassadine and Alexandria Quartermaine. This gives AJ a new rival half-brother. They will no doubt fight over Carly.

It will be cool to see Leslie Charleson and Jane Elliot bite their teeth into this new development.

Btw, how are people reacting to Rylan's Lulu? I think she's doing fine. Smart to have Lulu going through this identity crises in order to give Rylan a chance to make the role her own.

by Anonymousreply 5605/06/2013

R56, so who was Franco? Sorry, I'm not where you're at yet.

Lulu is terrible, but better than half the actress on the show. Probably about as good as Carly, who is also terrible, but probably gets a lot of residual love from the previous actresses.

And this Milo guy is ... he's fucking someone who works for the show, right? He's the worst! And not even cute.

by Anonymousreply 5705/06/2013

I think ME looks better in the promo. I like the shorter hair.

RH's ears are way too prominant with that hairstyle.

Could give a fuck about KA. Nothing will help her looks.

by Anonymousreply 5805/06/2013

[quote] And this Milo guy is ... he's fucking someone who works for the show, right? He's the worst!

You sound like you don't like the show very much R57. Relax.

"Magic Milo" is part of the GH family. His brother in real life also plays his brother on the show (Max). They've both played Sonny's bodyguards for years - occasionally they get storylines, sometimes they are more background. They are also Tyler Christopher's (Nikolas) cousins in real life.

Drew Cheetwood (Milo) was a trainer and nutritionist for the actors before he stepped into the role of Max's brother. He does not have pretensions of being an award-winning thespian but he's a sincere guy and the cast, crew, and fans love him. So what's your damage?

[quote] And not even cute.

Are you serious? Who on the show do you prefer?

by Anonymousreply 5905/06/2013

Just as I thought - GH is a day behind because of the Boston Marathon pre-emption. KA appears tomorrow, RH Thursday and ME will be next Monday.

by Anonymousreply 6005/06/2013

I would ship a Felix/Milo romance-"Filo", of you will. But that would be to daring-a gay mobster/henchman and his male nurse bf! Can we get it done?

by Anonymousreply 6105/06/2013

Derk (Dirk? Dank?) Cheetwood is very attractive. But his presence, by virtue of his brother and their personal relationships with the cast and crew, and I think his possible involvement in the Monavie debacle, has always left a bad taste in my mouth. He can barely act, and he seems like part of the hangover from the reign of Steve.

I used to be charmed when RC would turn his attention to the supporting cast and give them larger roles. Now after a few years I'm far more wary. I think this setup is just going to leave Dante holding his dick after a short term reunion. He's being made overbearing and ineffectual already.

by Anonymousreply 6205/06/2013

Derk plays Max, R62. Do you mean Drew?

I like how Ron continues to the minor players from previous regimes in new and fun ways (Milo, Dianne Miller, etc.). It gives the show continuity. A lot of times new HWs come in and you never hear of these types of characters again.

One thing love about GH compared to my former show (Days) is the sheer # of characters that they feature at lease semi-regularly. It makes the show a lot more fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 6305/06/2013

[quote]One thing love about GH compared to my former show (Days) is the sheer # of characters that they feature at lease semi-regularly. It makes the show a lot more fun to watch.

Clearly, you've joined the show after The Decade of Sonny and Jason.

by Anonymousreply 6405/06/2013

Yes, VON. I started watching Feb 2012 when Starr's car crashed in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 6505/06/2013

Was I the only one who thought Jeffrey and Matthew seemed more like a couple (of course, of gaybros) than roommates when they were putting together their new IKEA furniture?

by Anonymousreply 6605/06/2013

[quote]Yes, VON. I started watching Feb 2012 when Starr's car crashed in Port Charles.

Then you've gotten to see FV/RC showcase the entire canvas, not just Broody McMobster and his Morally-Upstanding Hitman.

I think I conditionally approve of the new Lulu, although I don't think she's as pretty or as talented as Julie Marie Berman. This is a good storyline for a recasting, and she's acquitting herself well, although clearly Magic Milo, as great as his body is, is no actor.

Also, I don't like having to pretend that everything happened with this chick, not JMB, like the photoshopped wedding photo and what I only assume was a recreation of the actual first meeting of Lulu and Dante.

by Anonymousreply 6705/06/2013

I disagree, Voice, but I've loved Emme Rylan since Guiding Light. I've met her. Love her and think she's far more talented than Julie Berman.

I do think it's weird how they've introduced nuLulu, though. This silly story needs to wrap up soon.

by Anonymousreply 6805/06/2013

r57 - RH's new character could be most probably the real twin of Jason and James Franco's Franco was a son of Betsy's.

by Anonymousreply 6905/06/2013

AJ looks like Howie from Big Brother.

by Anonymousreply 7005/06/2013

Still available!

by Anonymousreply 7105/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 7205/06/2013

Not crazy about her either, VON, but sometimes recasts take some time to gel. I agree this was a clever storyline to pull the switch. I don't think they'll drag it out all that long - even today she was starting to remember.

The preview for this week looks GREAT, R54. So excited to see Roger, Michael, and Kristen return in these new roles. God I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 7305/06/2013

I posted this on the other thread and put it here for those who don't go there.

New GH promo.

Check out Howarth's new hair. Oh man, really awful. To me he looks like the kid on Antena TV who plays Dennis the Menace.

by Anonymousreply 7405/06/2013

R74, those ears!!!

by Anonymousreply 7505/06/2013

I know! He looks like he will need air traffic control if a strong gust of wind blows.

by Anonymousreply 7605/06/2013

Will Roger, his ears and his highlights head to kelly's. perhaps bumb into my heather nashing on her fav sandwich? Will KA still sing? On the edge of my chaise.

by Anonymousreply 7705/07/2013

Even Betsy Frank knows, R77: (to Spinelli): "Poor misunderstood Heather, how she loved those BLTs at the diner."

I thought I loved BLTs but clearly nobody in the history of the universe has loved BLTs more than Heather Webber! She sells a baby to someone 20 years ago and that's the first detail they remember about her LOL.

by Anonymousreply 7805/07/2013

VOTN, please stop by the Todd and Victor Jr thread soon to discuss OLTL and AMC. The shows are heating up.

by Anonymousreply 7905/07/2013

No Lauren Franco today. So I guess GH is two days behind? I take it that today's was supposed to be a Friday cliffhanger (Luke and Spinelli showing up at two unseen women's doors; Sam hearing someone lurking in the chapel). This means Howarth is probably on Friday and Easton won't be on until next Tuesday ...?

I really can not believe GH is devoting so much of its airtime to Molly, Rafe and TJ. I can only imagine most viewers are bored to tears with the romantic trials of characters who have yet to sprout pubic hair? Who finds this kids interesting?

Geary and Francis did a great job with their "goodbye" scenes, but they really should have devoted a little more time to closing the door to this legendary chapter of the show. At least two episodes of some indepth soul searching would have been nice for long-time viewers who want to see them reunite and newer viewers who should be brought up to speed to the significance of these characters.

Luke and Spinelli took the Samantha Stephens express flight again.

by Anonymousreply 8005/07/2013

No pictures of Italian mobsters presenting [hairy] holes?

by Anonymousreply 8105/07/2013

And oh yeah, mention of Lesley's impending visit!!! It sounds as if RC will not resist the temptation of throwing Lesley and Monica at each other.

by Anonymousreply 8205/07/2013

I want to grab onto RHs ears and make out with him.

by Anonymousreply 8305/07/2013

I wanna st my wee-wee in his ear and cum inside it.

by Anonymousreply 8405/07/2013

I detest teasing scenes that end up being a fantasy (Ellie telling Spinelli the truth about Maxie's baby). Why do writer's insist on doing this?

by Anonymousreply 8505/07/2013

So latest rumor is that RH will be the true Jason Quartermaine. Heather switched babies at their birth. Steve Burton's Jason was not the biological son of Alan and Susan Moore.

by Anonymousreply 8605/07/2013

wow that would be a huge fuck you to Steve B

by Anonymousreply 8705/07/2013

RC might not be the a great writer but he is great with his "Fuck Yous."

by Anonymousreply 8805/07/2013

Because RC and FV are petty and vindictive, R88.

FV overplayed his hand in contract negotiations with Burton, and Burton walked. I can't stand Burton, but FV was stupid and throwing his power around. Burton trumped his ace. The piece of information FV was missing, but that he should have realized, is that Burton knew all along he had a job at Y&R if he wanted it.

To keep taking potshots at Burton makes them look bad.

by Anonymousreply 8905/07/2013

That is so funny if that is true about Todd being the real Jason. RC and FV really have a hard on for Steve Burton. I don't like the fact that Ellie lied to Spinelli. This brings her down to the level of Maxie. Any guesses why the fraus hate Sabrina so much? There are endless complaints by the readers of Daytime Confidential about her. I really like the actress and I think she does a good job. She has great chemistry with Felix and Liz. I love the fact that she's on to Britt and getting up in her business.

by Anonymousreply 9005/07/2013

R89 FV knew full well that SB had a job with Jill - she is legendary with her FOJ (Friend of Jill) program.

Frank made Stave the best offer he could to balance his budget. He offered Steve the same thing the other big stars get these days: much higher-than-average pay and less episodes per week + more time off. That's the only way to pay these people anything close to what they're used to.

No doubt Steve got a similar deal at Y&R (he's on a lot now, but he'll be rested too) but by jumping ship, Steve gets to feel like it was a step up because he was wooed by Jill and so his pride is in tact. Win/win.

Steve ruled the roost over at GH for many years so it was a pissing contest and they both got what they wanted. They're both alphas and Steve in particular is very ambitious with all his money making projects so he doesn't have it in him to take a demotion. (Maurice is a different personality type - he knows he's got it pretty good and would rather adapt to reality try to learn a whole new routine).

Frank's got a career to think of too - he climbed his way straight from the bottom to the top and now the genre was resting on his shoulders. In that respect, caving to a star like Steve (holding the budget and the show hostage) isn't good for Frank's business so Frank wisely looks at the big picture and takes a calculated risk.

As for (possibly) plugging Roger into a Jason-related role. Why not? Roger's the "it" guy who all the focus groups love and really connects with the audience so they've got to make a splash with his new character and put him smack dab at the center of it all. I think it's brilliant. Steve's never coming back and if he does he comes back as his character who had already disowned the Quartermaines anyway.

RC and FV are businessmen who stand to make a lot of money if the show stays on the air. Ron might throw a wink, a nod, or some shade into the dialogue but if you think these guys are sitting up at night devising the entire plot of General Hoosptal around how to tell Steve Burton that he's a mean ol' jerk and they hate him - I think they'd get a good laugh out of that image.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how this plays out!

by Anonymousreply 9105/07/2013

R91, FV could have given Burton what he asked for. It wasn't money; in exchange for a pay cut, Burton wanted some of what TG has -- more time off.

It really was an alpha pissing contest, and there was no winner. As a longtime Y&R viewer, I feel like we're the ones who lost.

by Anonymousreply 9205/07/2013

[quote]It really was an alpha pissing contest, and there was no winner.

I would argue the audience of General Hospital was the real winner.

by Anonymousreply 9305/07/2013

I guess I didn't take Y&R viewers into account when I said everybody wins haha.

Anyway if it's a choice between Roger and Steve I'd take Roger any day of the week!

by Anonymousreply 9405/07/2013

I'm glad you're enjoying it, VOTN. I can't stand to watch GH and it has nothing to do with Steve Burton.

by Anonymousreply 9505/07/2013

I think the GH team did the right thing regarding Big Steve's reign of mediocrity. But they are nothing if not petty at the daily level. I still remember them using David Vickers to take a potshot at Judith Light for rejecting a return for a lame-sounding story arc with the human test pattern we know as Terri Conn at the end of OLTL. And they've been using the relish wars to snipe at OLTL 2.0 in a really bitchy way.

That's the reality with any creative team though. They have their great boons and their weak points. Even Doug Marland gave us Carolyn Crawford. I think the new OLTL and AMC are a lot more sleek and streamlined, but I appreciate what RC and FV do in the old form. Until Britt, Sabrina, Milo (or until he starts to speak, that is) etcetera come onscreen...unfortunately it's an increasing number of characters and stories lately.

Possibly unpopular opinion. I think Emme Rylan has more chemistry with Dominic Zamprogna and more energy than Julie Marie Berman had anytime after her first year on GH.

by Anonymousreply 9605/07/2013

[quote]I take it that today's was supposed to be a Friday cliffhanger (Luke and Spinelli showing up at two unseen women's doors...

Not so sure they're both WOMEN'S doors, though! If you have it recorded, watch again and listen closely--when one door opens, Luke is greeted by the sound of a mechanical cymbal-banging monkey toy...

by Anonymousreply 9705/07/2013

Oh, God, let's not bring that up.

by Anonymousreply 9805/07/2013

I agree with everything R91 wrote. I also like Emme better than Julie. The only person Julie had chemistry with was the guy Nathan P who was her brother.

by Anonymousreply 9905/07/2013

[quote]And they've been using the relish wars to snipe at OLTL 2.0 in a really bitchy way.

I think this may be reading way too much into it, but, for argument's sake, let's say you're right--might not they be doing the exact same thing over at OLTL with the storyline about the future of traditional print journalism vs. online media?

by Anonymousreply 10005/07/2013

[quote]I think this may be reading way too much into it, but, for argument's sake, let's say you're right--might not they be doing the exact same thing over at OLTL with the storyline about the future of traditional print journalism vs. online media?

I would think I'm reading into it too, except they did a lot of the same sort of tomfoolery at OLTL. Most of the time I thought it was pretty funny.

I think there have been a few barbs at ABC on AMC and OLTL, but nothing nearly so pointed. Still, it's not enough to make me stop watching any of the 3.

by Anonymousreply 10105/07/2013

The talent level among the younger actor on soaps has really dropped.

When I started GH the younger cast was pretty fucking awesome. Sarah Brown, Jonathan Jackson, Amber Tamblyn, and Rebecca Herbst. I remember when Sarah Webber joined the show. She was played by a cute but terrible actress named Jennifer Skye. She was in the same group as these other guys and it was painfully obvious how bad she was.

The new Lulu is no better than Jennifer Skye, but everyone around her is equally awful so it's justacceptabe I guess.

by Anonymousreply 10205/07/2013

Was Audrey and Cutter supposed to be Karen's kids?

by Anonymousreply 10305/07/2013

They were Alex Olanov's kids!

by Anonymousreply 10405/08/2013

Looks like Al Holden and Luna's love for late night radio broadcasting lives on. Nora Buchanan is going to relive her college passion for talk radio as "the Nightbird", presumably moonlighting from her day job. I wonder if she'll be a town secret like Al was as the Voice of the Night.

Kristen Alderson has a new interview saying she does want to do a guest shot on OLTL soon and had planned to in March. I never believed the claims that she didn't.

Can't wait for Maura West today. It'll be a nice change from their turning TJ into a cardboard bully for two pretty white kids.

On a brighter note the show is officially casting Christina, Lucy's adopted daughter from Port Charles. Not sure on Serena.

by Anonymousreply 10505/08/2013

Who the fuck was the kid at the end of GH today? Larry Frank?

by Anonymousreply 10605/08/2013

Forgive me for posting this in honor of Y&R's Jeanne Cooper. Her last scene. The whole episode was full of strangely final scenes for her, but this really brought it home. As if they knew.

by Anonymousreply 10705/08/2013

[quote]Who the fuck was the kid at the end of GH today? Larry Frank?

I think that was NuMorgan. Remember, the Jerome mob is supposed to be involved in the online gambling business that Morgan got caught up in? I suspect Ava is going to be using him as a bargaining chip now.

Maura West and Tony Geary were fab together. I could actually see something happening with them.

by Anonymousreply 10805/08/2013

No new character reveals?

by Anonymousreply 10905/08/2013

[quote]No new character reveals?

Surely they have 15-20 new characters. Are they falling behind this week?

by Anonymousreply 11005/08/2013

The kid at the end with Ava was Morgan Corinthos. They showed him in a picture with Sonny and Carly right before they revealed him.

Maura West blew me away today. What a breath of fresh air. The subtlety, the smouldering sexiness, the commanding presence - she was absolutely fab-fucking-ulous.

FV and RC are nuts to keep her only short term. She instantly clicked with Geary, and I would love to see her tangle with Finola Hughes. Get rid of the pre-pubescent newbies and keep West around as Port Charles' new hurricane! I would watch her anyday and everyday over Laura Wright.

Great episode today. Loved Luke "punking" Spinelli; and who knew Tyler Christopher and Jane Elliot would work so well together?

So who's watching Sam? RH or ME?

by Anonymousreply 11105/08/2013

They need to get Maura West on contract ASAP. That scene with her and Luke was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 11205/09/2013

[quote]They need to get Maura West on contract ASAP. That scene with her and Luke was awesome.

Laura Wright would have to be hospitalized if they put Maura West on contract. Can you imagine? I'm sure she's going crazy backstage.

by Anonymousreply 11305/09/2013

Everyone is supposed to be all excited with the OLTL'ers returns, but nothing can compare to what Maura West gave today. Keep this woman!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 11405/09/2013

Ava Jerome rocked it with Luke. Best GH scenes in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 11505/09/2013

Who hires Maura West for a short term role? For her treatment by the assholes at YR alone, Frank should sign her to three year deal.

by Anonymousreply 11605/09/2013

If Laura Wright is really as crazy as R113 is saying, I don't like West's chances at getting a contract. Cartini seem to love Wright and would definitely think twice before pissing her off.

by Anonymousreply 11705/09/2013

I feel like Maura West has lost a lot of weight.

I love her but she seemed a little forced yesterday. Hopefully she was just putting up a front for Luke.

Also, I REALLY hope she's been fucking NuMorgan.

by Anonymousreply 11805/09/2013

If Maura stays then I think GF will have to go. Genie is expensive. But that may be already happening. Laura and Scott get married and then there's not much mention of them in the taping since the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 11905/09/2013

I hate Spinelli. But I'm willing to sacrifice Maxie if we could just get Ellie out of their stupid storyline. I really hope she's the Q heir and she starts mixing it up with her crazy family.

I will stop watching if Bovina is Lauren Frank. Or if she's playing anyone important like Serena.

by Anonymousreply 12005/09/2013

Holy Mambo! Nikolas should stay in boxers 24/7.

I also hope Morgan and Maura have been boinking.

by Anonymousreply 12105/09/2013

Why does that queen who writes for GH always make the black characters so off putting? Now the cute black kid is a thug beating up on the lily white boy? I tune out of the soaps when they start pulling this stale shit!

On a side note,that queen Cartini seems to have a type-this new Morgan looks just like one of the Ford Bros-so much so that he is a ringer in looks and 'acting' style of James/Mike/Nic Robuck or whatever his name is now.

by Anonymousreply 12205/09/2013

They do have a type don't they r122. It's kind of funny. Look at the kid who plays Rafe and Morgan. Ford Bros 2.0, just not related.

I really think that you're wrong about Laura Wright R113. From everything I've heard she is a true soap workhorse. She loves the genre and likes being employed and will do whatever to keep the show on the air. I've heard she has very little ego.

by Anonymousreply 12305/09/2013

Well, then you didn't know her during her time at GL. EGO was her middle name.

Other than being brunettes I don't see any similarity between Morgan/Rafe and the Ford brothers. The Ford brothers looked like young men and had developed bodies. Rafe/Morgan look like virginal teens who have never lifted any weights.

by Anonymousreply 12405/09/2013

r120, I guess we should say goodbye now to you.

KA is playing Lauren Frank.

by Anonymousreply 12505/09/2013

NuMorgan looks capable enough. And he's cute ... looks a little like David Gregory. FV must be smelling up the studio with his musty smell over this kid.

by Anonymousreply 12605/09/2013

R123, Laura Wright is an unholy terror backstage at GH. You don't seriously believe she's always been in a front and center storyline because she's so nice, do you? There are actresses at GH who are more talented and far better-looking who don't get her airtime. She knows how to gain power and how to use it.

by Anonymousreply 12705/09/2013

Not only are Lucy's daughter Christina and Scott's daughter Serena being cast, but another teen will be hitting the scene with ties to a very famous GH supercouple: Tiffany and Sean Donnely's daughter is being cast. Does this mean a return of her much beloved parents as well? And will she be going by her name Anna (named after their best friend Anna Devane)?

Lucas Jones has yet to be cast, but plans are to bring him into the story by summer.

Two other roles are being cast: another male teen and a 30 something character.

Whe Spencer Cassadine returns with the his grandmother Lesley in the coming weeks, he will be 7 years old.

by Anonymousreply 12805/09/2013

r121, I loved how Tracy ripped into a half-naked Nik answering the door, saying he was like a "hunk from a daytime serial who can't find his shirt!"

Nik: "Sounds like you watch alot of those"

Tracy: "Maybe one"

As funny as it was, I am beginning to find Nik's need to parade around half-naked kind of creepy. He's got a great body, but tease us a bit.

by Anonymousreply 12905/09/2013

They should bring back Ryan Carnes.

by Anonymousreply 13005/09/2013

Nicholas' body is hot, but his hair is awful and you can tell that they adding pieces and doing other tricks to mask his balding. I'm surprised that the actor can't afford surgery. There is also something going on with his face.

by Anonymousreply 13105/09/2013

TC has got great skin and that fat-fit-muscled-up thing going on, but those tats are so freaking garish. He's more like a porn star than a prince.

Btw, how can Nikolas be a prince? Does that mean Helena is a Queen? Of what?

by Anonymousreply 13205/09/2013

Funny that Tyler Christopher and Drew Cheetwood are first cousins IRL and they've both spent the last couple weeks mostly shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 13305/09/2013

I don't even remember Sean and Tiffany having a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 13405/09/2013

So Morgan is hot, right? That nose, those lips. I bet he destroyed Ava Jerome's cooter with his massive Corinthos cock.

by Anonymousreply 13505/09/2013

Tyler was giving me young Marlon Brando realness today with his shirt off! And for Sonny to be a mobster, his sons sure are-how shall I put this-"dainty".

by Anonymousreply 13605/10/2013

NuMorgan with 'dad'

by Anonymousreply 13705/10/2013

A pair of young 'toughs'

by Anonymousreply 13805/10/2013

Before Tiffany and Sean left Port Charles, Tiff learned she was pregnant (after suffering a misscarriage and losing Lucas to Bobbi). Word came later that she gave birth offscreen to a baby girl, which they named Anna.

by Anonymousreply 13905/10/2013

Here's a pic of NuMorgan with one of the breakdown writers from the show:

by Anonymousreply 14005/10/2013

Tyler looks fatter in the face than Sean Kanan. But he's clearly been working out with his cousin Drew. Wonder if he's back on the steroids?Back when he was (poorly) portraying the Nikolas lookalike Conner Bishop in 2004 or 2005, he was clearly juicing up. Seems to be enjoying showing off his fat-fit muscled up body as one poster above termed it.

Clearly also has been getting spray tanned regularly. Wonder if he and Eric Marsolf on Days go to the same place?

His hair issues go back for a long time. He had a guest spot on CSI in 2002 or so and had a massively receding hairline. So, not clear if he's gotten plugs or wearing a wig. There was a commercial on SoapNet for a fan gathering and Tyler was seen diving into the pool, so I tend to think he's got plugs.

The tattoo on his left arm is distracting if only because it covers so much of his deltoid.

by Anonymousreply 14105/10/2013

Who is Carly kidding? She claims she would feel more secure if Michael over Morgan were in trouble because Michael can take care fhimself? It was only a couple of weeks ago she was blowing a pre-menopausal fit over who her kid was sleeping with, thinking she had to protect him from Big Bad Brenda.

by Anonymousreply 14205/10/2013

So Tracy prays to Daddy to help her and the two goons holding her captive suddenly drops dead in the hallway?

What happened to the days when a writer would sit down and say "Ok, we have this character in an impossible situation - how do we get her out of it?" That was the fun of impossible situations.

The only thing that would be good about that ridiculous situation is if the goons lunched on Pickle Lila and suffered food poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 14305/10/2013

Morgan looks older than Michael

by Anonymousreply 14405/10/2013

[quote]Cassandra, the "Woman in White," Nikolas' aunt

I recently found out that Cassandra was supposed to turn out to be Nicholas' twin. That writer was fired and the story was dropped.

by Anonymousreply 14505/10/2013

That would have made a little more sense

by Anonymousreply 14605/10/2013

Laura Wright is a starfucker of the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 14705/10/2013

r146 Yes, that story would have made much more sense than claiming a 80something Helena was mother of an early 20s Cassandra.

However, to even start such a story without Laura on the canvas just shows how much contempt JFP had for both the audience and Genie Francis.

I can just hear JFP's conversation with Garin Wolf now, "Oh we'll do a story about Nikolas having a twin sister, but we'll ignore the fact her mother Laura isn't around to be a part of it. And the fact Nikolas is off the canvas too isn't really important either."

by Anonymousreply 14805/10/2013

I think Tyler actually looks leaner than he did at the end of his last stint. He does have hair issues, though.

by Anonymousreply 14905/10/2013

Why is TJ such a big bully and beating up hot Rafe?

by Anonymousreply 15005/10/2013

I never found Tyler particularly attractive before, but this time around I am finding him hotter than hot. It's not just appearance, either, he's got a definite "it" factor going on.

by Anonymousreply 15105/10/2013

R152, when he was on GH before, he griped all the time and it was obvious he was sleep-walking through most of his scenes.

This time around, I'm sure he's grateful to have a job.

He is/was a major FOJ and I'm sure he never thought he would be fired.

by Anonymousreply 15205/10/2013

How does Franco have a 20+ year old daughter???

by Anonymousreply 15305/10/2013

Franco doesn't have a daughter. The real twin does.

by Anonymousreply 15405/10/2013

Also, from reading this thread, Franco wasn't really Jason's twin. So why would his daughter get part of the Quartermaine inheritance if Franco wasn't really Alan's son?

by Anonymousreply 15505/10/2013

[quote][R152], when he was on GH before, he griped all the time and it was obvious he was sleep-walking through most of his scenes. This time around, I'm sure he's grateful to have a job. He is/was a major FOJ and I'm sure he never thought he would be fired.

Plus, didn't he just have a primetime thing that bombed? Maybe he needed to get that out of his system. Now he can be comfortable in his own skin knowing he's where he fits best.

by Anonymousreply 15605/10/2013

r156, I'm thinking Jason Morgan will be revealed not to be the son of Alan Q and Susan Moore. He was probably switched at birth by Heather with the real Jason, who will be played by RH.

So Franco and RH's new character are the twin sons of Alan Q and Susan Moore.

by Anonymousreply 15705/10/2013

If GH rewrites it so that Burton is not the real Jason, there will be a revolt. Especially if Howarth is the real Jason. There will be blood in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 15805/10/2013

I asked the same thing,r151. It seems to be business as usual with Carltini and dealing with actors of color. Hot, handsome RJ became such a horrible cartoon villain on OLTL that they painted the character into a corner and then let him go. I just can't when they do this to the only young black character on the show. It's a shame that two gay men could be so insensitive to a lot of their loyal viewers in such stereotypical depictions of black people-I'm sooooo over this....

Wake me up when this dumb storyline is over-it's been done to death.

by Anonymousreply 15905/10/2013

r160 I believe that RJ on OLTL was painted into a corner and written off under Dena Higley's reign.

r159 I have never been a fan of Steve Burton or the Jason character. But to rewrite history now and claim Jason isn't the actual son of Alan and Susan Moore would be a slap in the face to fans. I would be very opposed to it.

That would be such an insult to the show's legacy, on par with Guza's rewriting history to make Rick Webber a serial philanderer back in 2002 as a mere plot device to get Laura off the show.

Sure hope Ron has enough sense not to go there, especially if its just to tie Roger Howarth to the Qs. (although Roger would probably fit in nicely with the Q antics).

by Anonymousreply 16005/10/2013

There are a million ways to tie Howarth to the Quartermaines. I can pull 7 out of my ass, right now.

by Anonymousreply 16105/10/2013

The fact that that TURD Carlivati made the only young black man on the show into a punch-throwing, jealous asshole could be Exhibit #123423432 in the trial proving why the man should never have a writing job again for the rest of his life. He. Is. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 16205/11/2013

[quote]The fact that that TURD Carlivati made the only young black man on the show into a punch-throwing, jealous asshole could be Exhibit #123423432 in the trial proving why the man should never have a writing job again for the rest of his life. He. Is. Terrible.

Actually, when TJ first came on board he was a snotty punk with an attitude problem. Under Ron, he has developed into a pretty nice kid.

by Anonymousreply 16305/11/2013

I like TJ and I am not upset by this story at all. I like that he is fighting for Molly. Remember the Valentines writing gifts he gave her and how he tried to go toe-to-toe with Connie to get her book back. I'd be disappointed if TJ didn't sock Rafe for kissing Molly.

A good triangle is when you like all three characters and you like both combinations. This one's got all of that. Not easy to make me care about a teen triangle LOL but they set this one up great (all the TJ and Molly stuff over the last year, the Rafe stuff with his mom getting killed the day he was starving and Molly treated him to lunch, etc.)

I'm excited to see where it goes!

by Anonymousreply 16405/11/2013

Pickle Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 16505/11/2013

Well it's nice to know that SOMETHING'S on the rise in upstate New York.

by Anonymousreply 16605/11/2013

I like TJ and Rafe. The problem in the triangle is Molly.

She's too homely to play the object of 2 guy's affection. Plus, the actress can't act well enough to pull off a 16 yr old. She acts 12.

by Anonymousreply 16705/11/2013

Thanks for the clarification,r161-I don't want to assign blame to the wrong writing team but you have to admit 'black teen thug'is such a tired cliche in tv/movies right now. And Epiphany,Lawd....just seems like a tired retread of the black mama consoling the poor troubled white folk. I do like her scenes with Patrick/Jason Thompson however...they should take a lesson from the British soaps- few years ago,Holby City had a heavyset black woman in the same type of role but she got the chance to really be integral to the storyline,not just an after thought. And the gay male nurse Felix...I dont think I have to go there...i saw a spark of an explosive storyline with Felix and Milo,and chance to really be competive and break some new ground but I know they would never go there!

by Anonymousreply 16805/11/2013

I hate when they rewrite history. It's just so unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 16905/11/2013

[quote] It's a shame that two gay men could be so insensitive to a lot of their loyal viewers in such stereotypical depictions of black people.

Well, that reflects the virtual apartheid in the gay world. Few places are as racist as the inside of a gay bar. (And I say this as a pasty white Irish guy.)

by Anonymousreply 17005/11/2013

I am not offended by a teenage boy's jealous actions. TJ was a messed up kid when he was introduced - Rafe is bringing out his insecurities. The story hasn't used the race card at all. That said, it is kind of weird Shawn is Sonny's whipping boy.

by Anonymousreply 17105/11/2013

It would be great if there were more than just one young black cast member,r172. Why couldn't it be Rafe who slugged R TJ out jealousy? He's written as just as troubled.

And kisses,r171-love the Irish!

by Anonymousreply 17205/11/2013

There's nothing racial about any of this. How many times did Johnny Z punch somebody over a girl or has somebody else gotten jealous over something and acted badly? How does that make TJ a "black teen thug"? That's showing YOUR racism.

You people are looking WAY too hard for something to get your knickers in a twist. Why does Shawn work for Sonny? Military background. Why do Milo and Max? Why did Jason? How does that make Shawn's job all of the sudden "weird?" How does the fact that he's black make him "Sonny's whipping boy?" Damn you people are backwards.

Go outside and get some fresh air - seriously. Meet some actual black people and stop trying to play race police on a damn TV show.

by Anonymousreply 17405/11/2013

You can't possibly be black,r175

by Anonymousreply 17505/11/2013

Why don't you bend over, R176 and you can find out the hard way?

by Anonymousreply 17605/11/2013

If you hate one of them, who do you hate more, Sabrina or Britt?

by Anonymousreply 17705/11/2013

Thank you r175, I was thinking the same thing. Why is Shawn playing Sonny's muscle any different than Jason doing it? Some of you see racism every where.

by Anonymousreply 17805/11/2013

r175 has a point, but it's easy to read a little undercurrent of racism only because of the lack of black characters in all the predominantly white cast soaps. But I see what r175 is saying. Would we be happy if black characters showed no sign of anger, aggression, turmoil or insecurity? Just because TJ is jealous and violent over Rafe's intrusion in his relationship with Molly doesn't mean he is a political statement on the African-American. It just makes him human. Would it be different if Rafe was the one who hit TJ? If it is, there is something wrong with us if we think that is more acceptable.

I think the story is taking a twist on the expected state of things in which homeless Rafe is actually the victim of bullying from a middle-class kid, whereas conventional tradition would have the middle-class kid (whatever his skin color) to be above that kind of violent aggression and the homeless kid who was brought up in an unbalanced state of affairs to be the physical threat. We know that just because you were brought up middle class doesn't prevent anyone from being a bully/violent.

And to the poster who thinks Molly is too "plain" to be the object of two guys' affections, you obviously do not travel amongst the heterosexual set. I am always amazed by how hot straight guys prefer the simple plain mommy-in-a-making than the hot model-type. TJ and Rafe, both from unstable home backgrounds, are fighting for preferred safe domestic virgin, not fantasy wild-child whore.

by Anonymousreply 17905/11/2013

This week is hopping with returns!

Monday, Alderson makes her redebut as Lauren Frank (possibly finding Morgan unconscious in her mother's apartment?); Howarth makes his first appearence mid-week in his new role; and Easton returns as a new character on Friday.

Sometime this week, Denise Alexander returns as Lesley Webber with little Spencer Cassadine in tow. It appears Lesley will have some midgivings about Laura's decision to go ahead and marry Scott.

by Anonymousreply 18005/11/2013

Regarding the 30-something male that is to be cast ... it will be a new doctor at the hospital and possibly have something to with Sam.

Here is an excerpt from the audition script. From the sounds of it, it looks like "Hannah" is Sam and the scene takes place in Kelly's.

Hannah: So what brings you to Port Charles? Family?

Matthew: Possibly. I've been here before but the older I get, the more I realize there are questions in my life that I'm lacking the answers to and the only place I'll seem to be able to get them is in Port Charles.

Hannah: Ah. Another person searching through life looking for answers?

Matthew: Well, I've suffered a lot of losses in my life and you know, I'd like to find some peace for once.

Hannah: I can relate.

Matthew: Oh, shoot. I've got to run. I've got an appointment with Dr. Quartermaine over at General Hospital.

Hannah: Oh, are you a doctor?

Matthew: I am. Maybe I'll see you around sometime...?

~~~~~ Regarding the script for Lucy's daughter Christina, it seems she is not happy being in Port Charles and resents having a mother with a reputation for being a kook.

((Don't know how this works with the rumours there will probably be a summertime recast for Kristina Davis, who has just disappeared without a trace from the Port Charles scene.))

by Anonymousreply 18105/11/2013

Someone is working overtime trying to sexualize Molly's portrayer Haley Pullos.

by Anonymousreply 18205/11/2013

Tat's not Molly. That's Lexie A. as one of the former Kristina's

by Anonymousreply 18305/11/2013

I thought KA/ME/RH were all back on Monday. Didn't RC tweet that on Friday ?

by Anonymousreply 18405/11/2013

Sorry, R184. A friend sent me the link and said it was HP.

I've never seen anyone as desperate for stardom as Lexie. Too bad she doesn't have what it takes and no one is impressed. I was told her mother and sister are making a movie starring Lexie about her life and career.

by Anonymousreply 18505/11/2013

I don't care about the real heterosexual world. On my soap I think the teens should be pretty or handsome as well as be able to act.

She can still be a virgin but a pretty and talented one. Molly is drabber than drab with a case of Martha Bryne's gum issue.

by Anonymousreply 18605/11/2013

I miss Heather.

by Anonymousreply 18705/12/2013

Happy Mothers Day Mom. I love you!

by Anonymousreply 18805/12/2013

Happy Mother's Day Mom! Thanks for killing Diana!

by Anonymousreply 18905/12/2013

Why can't I load Datalounge? I can get this thread because I bookmarked it, but when I go to look at the threadlist, this is the only one that shows up ...?

by Anonymousreply 19005/12/2013

My mother made Mrs. Patsy Ramsey look like Mother of the Year!

by Anonymousreply 19105/12/2013

Same thing happening to me R191.

by Anonymousreply 19205/12/2013

Not just you guys.

by Anonymousreply 19305/12/2013

I have a question. I can sort of understand why GH wants to bring Howarth and Easton back. They are trying to beef up their leading man cast. I get it. And quite frankly both Howarth and Easton are fairly decent actors. The Alderson thing is lost on me. Am I missing something. Is she fucking somebody at ABC? Why is she in demand?

by Anonymousreply 19405/12/2013

Kristen can be good(look at her scenes with RH, ES, FL et al) but she needs a strong actor to work with and big dicked Chad Duell is not it!

by Anonymousreply 19505/12/2013

I guess r196, but they should have cast a stronger actress to mix it up with the Quartermaines. If she's Lauren, I guess that means they can't put her with hugely hung Chad Duell's character since they're first cousins.

by Anonymousreply 19605/12/2013

Somehow, R197, I have a feeling they're going to get around that or they will be cousins in love like Tammy and Jonathan on Guiding Light.

by Anonymousreply 19705/12/2013

But if Franco wasn't really Jason's twin, then why would his daughter be a Quartermaine?

by Anonymousreply 19805/12/2013

R195 I completely agree. Bovina is a horrible actress and I can't imagine why anyone wants her back.

She must have caught Ron or Frank pulling a mile long string of anal beads out of their cooters and has proof. I have no other possible explanation.

by Anonymousreply 19905/12/2013

So Michael Nader is back on All My Kids as Dimitri on June 3.

He looks like Reverend Kane from Poltergeist II, but he's back.

by Anonymousreply 20005/13/2013

Today's GH was just so bad. Horrible writing and acting. A puke fest at The Chew! The Livers at the end were fine - but what a horrible show to put on for their re-entry.

by Anonymousreply 20105/13/2013

Can someone explain the difference between an allowed soap thread and a non-allowed soap thread?

by Anonymousreply 20205/13/2013

[quote]So Michael Nader is back on All My Kids as Dimitri on June 3.

I hope that means he finally got clean from drugs. He was a methed-out mess last time we saw him, screwed-up teeth and the works. Didn't he get fired from AMC because he had a terrible alcohol/drug problem? I think I remember some DWIs.

by Anonymousreply 20305/13/2013

It was cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 20405/13/2013

R204 Yes, he had a severe drug problem and they fired him. He sued ABC.

There were a number of tabloid stories suggesting he was HIV+ but he has publicly said he is negative.

by Anonymousreply 20505/13/2013

I don't think it was cocaine, R205. Maybe initially he used coke, but when he was on that talk show (maybe Oprah?) with others from AMC, his teeth were jacked up like someone on meth.

by Anonymousreply 20605/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 20705/13/2013

I couldn't stand V Ardanowski and was thrilled when she was finally gone. Why do they keep bringing back happily forgotten characters?

by Anonymousreply 20805/13/2013

Who the FUCK is V Ardanowski?

by Anonymousreply 20905/14/2013

R209 sounds like a Brenda fan.

by Anonymousreply 21005/14/2013

With his new haircut, I never realized how much Roger Howarth looks like Scott Thompson:

by Anonymousreply 21105/14/2013

Michael Easton looks like he's a part of a Carol Burnett sketch.

by Anonymousreply 21205/14/2013

I think Roger's new haircut is really a wig. Easton looks like a dweeb. I hope once the characters are settled in they can make them look more natural. Bovina looks OK, for her at least.

by Anonymousreply 21305/14/2013

No talk about yesterday's gay mauling on GH ?

I was surprised it made it past the censors. But squeezing and implied oral be damned!

by Anonymousreply 21405/14/2013

The National Enquirer said Nader was a heroin addict, HIV+ as well as a seller of drugs.

He sued to get his job back but was denied because of the selling.

by Anonymousreply 21505/14/2013

RH is hot ears be damned.

by Anonymousreply 21605/14/2013

RH must be thrilled that his new character is involved in that exciting relish storyline!

And why is Kristin Alderson still working? Easton I get--he's actually quite good on GH (though he stunk the joint up on OLTL). But why is that homely girl still on this show? They could have run her contract out and eaten the loss, no big deal. But no. They create a new character for her ugly ass.

by Anonymousreply 21705/14/2013

Crap! RH's character is part of the relish story! I haven't watched this week yet. Is RH still acting like a clown or is he at least taking his new character seriously?

by Anonymousreply 21805/14/2013

r219, hard to tell yet. He's only had a few lines (to himself to someone over the phone announcing his intention to go to Port Charles). But I deeply suspect we will see Howarth's signature Richie Cunningham-gone-psycho routine soon.

That lady who played the nurse in those NY hospital scenes has aplayed a freaking nurse on just about every sitcom and show there is on TV!

by Anonymousreply 21905/14/2013

R211, if anything, I despise Brenda even more than V. I thought they were both obnoxious, with Brenda becoming more obnoxious every time she returns.

by Anonymousreply 22005/14/2013

Wow, I hate all of their characters already. Bovina is just insipid and annoying. There are actually attractive and talented actresses in Hwood who would kill for a shot at GH, and they give it to her twice! And they are starting the hate relationship with Michael from the start, but how can they have a romance with first cousins? That's rather twisted. And John and Todd just looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 22105/14/2013

I'd usually say "let's wait and see where it's going", but I have to admit that the whole re-intro of these actors has been diappointing already. KA's "Kiki" is just f'in annoying, ME looks lacklustre and ridiculous (do we have to go through the Caleb/Stephen-lookalike fiasco again?!) and RH is nothing if not a walking anti-climax (always was to me).

The whole CHEW shenanigans is worthy of James Reilly's worst moments. Almost embarrassing. And what the hell is wrong with poisoning the CHEW's panel? They should all drop dead, the whole talentless lot of them.

I do like the chemistry between Duell and Bryan Craig. They act like brothers. I look forward to them developing a good relationship.

Sonny's airplane monologue (for what is a discussion with Shawn but a monologue) was enough to send me into the kitchen looking for a knife to slit my wrists. MB just sleepwalks through his scenes. But it was interesting to see someone from Port Charles actually flying to their destination. I guess no one told him about Samantha Stephens Airlines.

by Anonymousreply 22205/14/2013

I don't think KA is bad looking not gorgeous by any means,but cute. She looks even better with dark hair.

You can find girls that lolk better at most malls on a weekend. however ugly is too harsh imo.

by Anonymousreply 22305/15/2013

Heather will be on May 19.

by Anonymousreply 22405/15/2013

Tuesday's episode was probably the poorest one since Ron took the reigns as headwriter. Very insipid.

Reintroducing the Llanview Three in a single episode was a very bad decision. I thought they were going to do it one at a time over the course of a week.

So, between nuMorgan and the Llanview Three and all the new sets, I felt like I was watching a completely new show.

Not the least bit interested in any of these characters. Only thing intriguing is exactly who Roger is playing.

While I've never been critical of Kristen Alderson in the past, this new Kiki character really shows that as Starr, she was essentially playing herself. She already seems in over her head as Kiki. Perhaps she'll improve.

by Anonymousreply 22505/15/2013

May 19 is a Sunday. Will she be on Monday, the 20th?

by Anonymousreply 22605/15/2013

Did ABC up the GH budget?

They've suddenly got all these new NYC sets -- the NYC hospital, Ava Jerome's apartment, the hotel room and lobby.

Will all these sets somehow be redressed and used as Port Charles sets? Can't imagine they'd spend the money on all these new sets just for this short term storyline.

by Anonymousreply 22705/15/2013

"My name is Silas. Dr. Silas Clay."

The funniest line I have ever heard in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 22805/15/2013

r226 - yes, I am usually in RC and FV's corner, but I have to agree all this is way too much. From my understanding, they were supposed to reintroduce these new characters over a week's span. Then all of a sudden, RC tweets that everyone is coming back in one day. GH is like a coked-up gerbil with an ear infection these days.

by Anonymousreply 22905/15/2013

I was thinking the same thing about the sets. Very unusual. I sure hope Maura West stays in Port Charles. I sure would love to see her up against Anna, Tracey, and Carly in some scenes. To me the NuMorgan should have been gay. The actor really butched it up after the third or fourth episode.

by Anonymousreply 23005/15/2013

Felix's is getting a teen sister. Her name will be Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 23105/15/2013

Is it my imagination, or is today's episode really really draaaaaagging out. I keep looking at the clock thinking the show has been on forever, but there is 20 minutes left ... 15 minutes ... 10 minutes ...

by Anonymousreply 23205/15/2013

Anthony Geary is taking the summer off. Rumours about how Luke will leave the show include a presumed death or a long coma.

by Anonymousreply 23305/15/2013

r234 Maybe Robert will come out of his coma and Luke will go into one.

There's absolutely no reason to leave Robert in a coma. Reports indicate that Kimberly McCullough isn't ready to return for a long term so line. So, they can just have Robert wake up and not remember the last few hours before being injected with propefol.

by Anonymousreply 23405/15/2013

Oppps. That should read, "long term STORY line."

by Anonymousreply 23505/15/2013

Why would McCullough return to GH? She's got a new career and that's where she's putting her time and energy. She's worked hard at getting into directing and GH would be a big step backward.

by Anonymousreply 23605/15/2013

so do we still think KA is Lauren? She told Sonny her name was Katherine

by Anonymousreply 23705/15/2013

Well, I'm just surprised that Kristen Alderson can stand upright after the punishment Chad's massive member must put on her three times a day.

by Anonymousreply 23805/15/2013

R235 Yeah that's what will happen to Scorpio. The coma will affect her memory and he will forget seeing Robin.

R228 Good question.They haven't reused the Cassadine Island set BUT we know that will be reused. Is it possible that the action on GH will be split between Port Charles and NYC now?

AJ and Tracy flew out to New York to film The Chew scenes....right? If so FV and RC missed a golden opportunity to do some exteriors in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 23905/15/2013

R239, they've been together for a while so he's only putting the pain on her pussy 2x/day now. KA's relieved to be more functional but also a bit wistful.

by Anonymousreply 24005/15/2013

Why do people think Chad D. has a big dick?

by Anonymousreply 24105/15/2013

I'm just glad Lesley's coming back.

by Anonymousreply 24305/15/2013

r244 If only they'd give Denise Alexander decent material to play like that again! Show has completely wasted her since they brought Leslie back from the dead in 1997.

by Anonymousreply 24405/15/2013

R243, you do know that Chad Duell is like 25, right?

by Anonymousreply 24505/15/2013

I'm hearing rumors that Luke will be murdered by...

Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnn --

Annie Logan, R.N.

by Anonymousreply 24605/15/2013

Yes, but he's boyish and that excites the pedophile instinct in these rabid fanguyrls.

by Anonymousreply 24705/15/2013

{quote] Why do people think Chad D. has a big dick?

Because when he was dancing at the stripper thing at Nurses Ball, he had an obscenely big bulge.

by Anonymousreply 24805/15/2013

I never tire of watching that clip, r242. I wasn't even born when that aired, but I love watching stuff from the 70s and 80s because soaps seemed much more personal and intimate. And from I understand, Carly could only WISH she were half the woman as Monica Quartermaine was.

by Anonymousreply 24905/15/2013

R248 is weird and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 25005/15/2013

[quote]so do we still think KA is Lauren? She told Sonny her name was Katherine

I think the Lauren thing was a red herring. What's really going to happen is that Roger is now playing Lorne Frank, Franco's equally twisted and mischievous twin. Good times!

by Anonymousreply 25105/15/2013

[quote]AJ and Tracy flew out to New York to film The Chew scenes....right? If so FV and RC missed a golden opportunity to do some exteriors in Manhattan

They have no money for that shit.

by Anonymousreply 25205/15/2013

Those NY sets are recycled. The apartment the fake Lauren was living in was the set used for Tea's house in Llanview last fall. I instantly recognized that one.

by Anonymousreply 25305/15/2013

Where can I see the famous dancing scene from Chad?

by Anonymousreply 25405/16/2013

The Magic Milo number:

by Anonymousreply 25505/16/2013

That chew business was a mess. Its like i am watching a different show. And those tweens. Oy. And kiki. Really?

by Anonymousreply 25605/16/2013

Happy 47th birthday to my Steven Lars.

by Anonymousreply 25705/16/2013

R258 Scott Reeves played the lead in Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan with the original CC Capwell from Santa Barbara and also Dynasty?

by Anonymousreply 25805/16/2013

From Lisa Cerasoli's official Facebook page:

Fans, I was first contacted by the talented Frank Valentini of General Hospital months ago to reprise my role as "V" Ardanowski. As you now, my work in feature films has kept me quite busy, but I have been made an offer I can't refuse--and I have signed a contract to return to GH! I'm not sure of my first airdate yet but I've been filming with Nancy Lee Grahn and Finola Hughes. I can't reveal too much yet, but here's a hint: What if V had a cousin, just like Luke Spencer did in the '80s?

Fondly, Lisa

by Anonymousreply 25905/16/2013

I loved V. She was like the anti-soap opera character. Giza got rid of her as soon as he came back, but he did give her a sweet send off.

We'll never see her again.

by Anonymousreply 26005/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 26105/16/2013

V? When is Ron bringing back Victor and Stefan Cassadine? enough already with these OLTL actors and reincarnations of other characters...bring back the Cassadines for real! Stavros was a great beginning but RC stopped that in its tracks.

The whole mob/Morgan/Kiki thing is annoying.IS Dr Clay a vampire or is he just a prick? RC should concentrate on the characters they already have and GH's history .....he's dragging in too many non essentials to the show.

by Anonymousreply 26205/16/2013

So it sounds like Lisa will be playing V's lookalike cousin. It she's filming with Nancy Lee Grahn and Finola Hughes, then sounds like there's something legal going on.

Wonder what the cousin's name will be? Maybe its A, short for Aphrodite, just like V was short for Venus.

by Anonymousreply 26305/16/2013

U. Ardanowski comes to Port Charles to search for her missing twin cousin, who hasn't been seen since she left on a 1 year trip around the world.

by Anonymousreply 26405/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 26505/16/2013

No, R266. Her anus.

by Anonymousreply 26605/16/2013

Saw the clip of Chad dancing but did not notice anything "big".

by Anonymousreply 26705/16/2013

Exactly, r268. It's all fanguyrl fantasy. That, or CD posts on DL.

by Anonymousreply 26805/16/2013

So nice to have Lesley back. Hopefully, this time around, RC will give her back her spunk, as opposed to the walking prop she was during Guza's years.

by Anonymousreply 26905/16/2013

I liked Lesley's stuff with Scott. "Because you KILLED my husband!"

And there is nothing better than Francis and Alexander together.

by Anonymousreply 27005/16/2013

Lesley seemed to have more depth in those handful of scenes with Laura and Scotty on Thursday's show than she has had in the past 15 years.

So good to see her back on screen. Hope Ron continues to give her good material. She certainly deserves it after Guza's godawful treatment of her.

by Anonymousreply 27105/17/2013

R271 yeah and Luke only raped Laura BUT he's not such a bad guy,right? Laura and Lesley were good together I must admit. It was cool for Laura to get the nice Cassadine's blessing for her wedding to Scotty. I find Luke's kids to be far more annoying than he is. Though the new Lulu is cute though. I wonder when Mr Muscles Milo is going to pump her.......

by Anonymousreply 27205/17/2013

Are they actually going to try and rewrite the attic mystery story or are they just going to leave it unsaid by using words like "misunderstanding" as if to imply all was not what it seemed? Rick's ghost implied as much when he made his appearence during the anniversary show.

And I loved that Lesley referred to Rick as her husband. It's true, considering they never did get a divorce (which made his marriage to Ginny invalid). Are there any plans to have a ghostly visit from Rick to Lesley to somehow fix the damage Guza did to this couple?

I want more Lesley!!!! Fuck the Falconeri girls - I want Lesley and Laura!

by Anonymousreply 27305/17/2013

I know the money is coming in as are the numbers. The reason all f-bombs have been cut in editing is because they intend to put the shows on FX USA in fall.

The biggest reason for this was production pace. They need the room and the time.

by Anonymousreply 27405/17/2013

Sorry- wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 27505/17/2013

It would have been so cool to get Lee and Gail Baldwin for the day for Laura and Scotty's wedding. Glad they at least got a mention.

I love that Lesley opposes Elizabeth being with (gasp!) "Monica's son" - AJ is the baby who was at the center of the Lesley-Rick-Monica-Alan story all those years ago.

Is the point of Dante and Lulu reacquainting through this amnesia storyline to prove they should never have been together in the first place? Because that's how it feels for me. Z.E.R.O. chemistry.

I liked Mac and Luke's stuff. And Mac and Felicia were sweet - and real. I am even surprised by how "sweet" and real Tracy and Luke were.

I am already so over this Howarth stuff.

by Anonymousreply 27605/17/2013

Lesley looks 100. And yes, they must have had her standing on boxes before because she looks like a midget now.

by Anonymousreply 27705/17/2013

r278 Yes, Lesley definitely seems like a midget compared to everyone else. Don't recall that from earlier years.

But then Susan Lucci is something like 5'1" but the only time you really noticed it was when she was standing beside Jack because the camera always shot her at head level.

100 years old? I think Lesley looks better than she has in years.

by Anonymousreply 27805/17/2013

Alexander is hunched over - there seems to be a physical handicap of some kind? Hip? Leg? Back? Maybe that's why all the long flowing dresses. But who cares? She's Lesley Webber and she still delivers an impact when given the right material. As long as RC treats her as a viable character with imput instead of the "ho-hum" granny Guza made her into ...

by Anonymousreply 27905/17/2013

Lesley had a cane the last time she was here.

DA seems unsteady due to some physical problem. They need to give her a cane so she can move around easier because she can still act better than anyone in the room.

Cane or wheelchair be damned! This is Denise Alexander for pity's sake. Sign her up and let her be the voice of reason for the town and have her tangle with Monica.

Ruby used to be the voice of reason for the show. Have Lesley buy the Brownstone and have various characters renting from her (Felix,LuLu,Maxie,etc...)

by Anonymousreply 28005/17/2013

Why is super hot Morgan so infatuated with that bland fat chick?

by Anonymousreply 28105/17/2013

Because Ron and Frank are infatuated with that bland fat chick, r282.

by Anonymousreply 28205/17/2013

KA's not fat...I could handle fat. Her body is oddly proportioned. No neck, short waist, no tits, stumpy legs. She really sickens me. I'm sure she would be a beauty in Bizarro's world.

by Anonymousreply 28305/18/2013

I can only fall asleep with the tv on.

Anyway i fell asleep for about a half hour during today's episode. I had the strangest dream.

I was trapped in a house with these murderers and tyler christopher was there we ended up getting together but he treated me like crap after.

Greg vaughan rescued me from being the next victim( there were dozens of us locked up in the house) however every time i was about to get intimate with him I would turn into Becky hurst. Even in my dreams Lucky loves liz :( and nik just uses me for booty calls.( I should note it's tyler circa early 2000's so he was near his peak physically)

In the end the killers got set on fire and we escaped due to an especially hard kicked soccer Ball.

Still wasn't as bad as the time i fell asleep watching 90210. Tori spelling boob leakage is all i will say. I might comment on today's episode after tommorw's SOAPnet marathon.

by Anonymousreply 28405/18/2013

I'm wondering if Denise has back problems from hauling around those tig ol' bitties for th last 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 28505/18/2013

Could be, but it looks like osteoporosis.

by Anonymousreply 28605/18/2013

That would also explain why she's so short now.

by Anonymousreply 28705/18/2013

I was barely able to tolerate KA when she was Starr, a legacy character. And now I'm going to have to watch her as someone else!? She doesn't have the acting chops to create a new character. And yes, it's unkind, but her face is like a foot. She has that awful Jay Leno jaw that juts in and out every time she is "emoting." What a distraction.

So far her scenes as "KiKi" have been downright laughable. I can't believe they're going to try to set up a triangle between her and Michael/Morgan. As if anyone would fight over that girl!

I did enjoy Ava's brief scenes last week. Hoping that MW sticks around for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 28805/18/2013

[quote]so do we still think KA is Lauren? She told Sonny her name was Katherine

According to Wiki, Katherine "Kiki" Jerome is a sibling to Lauren Jerome/Lauren Frank. I was also wondering what the deal was there, if Kiki was perhaps using a pseudonym for protection.

I know the prevailing theory is that Ellie Trout is really Lauren, but she didn't seem particularly upset when Damian said he was on the trail of the missing heiress. Was she adopted or fostered out? I can't recall what her family history (as she knows it) was supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 28905/18/2013

You guys keep saying that Franco wasn't really Alan's son, so why would his daughter be a Quartermaine?

by Anonymousreply 29005/18/2013

When everyone was fighting over Starr on OLTL it was a stretch. She is not ugly, but very ordinary, kind of short and stout with a really average face that no one would really notice at all. She is also a pretty forgettable and generic actress. Can't believe the trouble they went through to keep her.

by Anonymousreply 29105/18/2013

I am loving all the Denise Alexander love here.

A friend of mine always accuses me of posting the DA stuff. I tell him I'm not alone.

I agree -- keep her around, have her dole out advice to Laura and the younger crowd.

Her speech to nuLulu was heart-breaking on Friday.

Hopefully, Frank and Ron saw that she can still deliver and they'll have her back.

by Anonymousreply 29205/18/2013

GH bloopers from the golden age.

Check out Chris Robinson's slip in the scene staring at roughly 1:55.

Rick was wed to Lesley at the time and Alan and Monica were married.

Rick was being grilled over a malpractice case related to a surgery he and Monica performed.

by Anonymousreply 29305/18/2013

r291, you keep asking that question, but the truth is, no one really knows what Howarth's connection is to the Qs. It seems pretty clear that he will be a long-lost son, but we don't know how. Is he the real Franco? Is he a triplet? Was Jason switched and this is the real Jason? All these have been flying about and will be resolved soon. So let's wait and see. Peace!

by Anonymousreply 29405/18/2013

Rachel G. Fox has been cast as Christina baldwin, Lucy and Kevin's adopted daughter.

by Anonymousreply 29505/18/2013

And these rumours from :

Kelly Monaco is screen testing this week or next with several actors...30 something male doc? Name actors only.

Carly Schroeder (the original Serena) had a meeting with Frank Valentini.

Looks like TJ may be getting a new love interest.(Probably Felix's kid sister)

Carly and AJ can't get their night of passion out of their heads.

by Anonymousreply 29605/18/2013

r282, because he doesn't know he's gay yet.

by Anonymousreply 29705/19/2013

The young girl from 666 Park Avenue is playing Felix' sister. She's quite lovely.

by Anonymousreply 29805/19/2013

There's word going around that Maura West is now on contract. If true, smart move. Also rumours that Luke, Duke and Anna will be thrown into a story with her.

Rumours are that Lauren Franco was given away as a child by her mother to protect her from Franco. Kiki is Ava's other daughter from another marriage (enabling KA and CD to pair up again). Could Ellie be the real Q heir after all?

Apparently, Sam's bio father will be a Jerome.

And for anyone wondering if Carly and RH's new character are going to be in a story together, word is that Laura Wright and Roger Howarth have been taping alot of scenes lately.

by Anonymousreply 29905/20/2013

Lesley Webber is a Wicca?

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 30005/20/2013

Jane Elliot was spec-fucking-tacular today. It's always nice to see her stop her bellowing routine to make Tracy real. The writers really tapped into her character today. Elliot and Geary were wonderful. Glad we didn't see Luke and Tracy humping like dogs on the sofa and getting a sitcom-like scenario that is beneath these seasoned performers. Tracy broke my heart.

Welcome back, Franco ...

by Anonymousreply 30105/20/2013

R300. KA is Lauren Catherine Jerome. Ava called her that today. Or did i just mis hear?

by Anonymousreply 30205/20/2013

On what planets could a goddess like Maura West produce something that looks like Kristen Alderson. The DNA just doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 30305/20/2013

Also, Ava would have had to fuck Franco when he was like 13.

by Anonymousreply 30405/20/2013

KA's parents had lucrative careers as circus freaks (The UnBeauty and The Gargoyle) before they conceived their monstrous gravy train. Or so I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 30505/20/2013

For some reason I think Lesley was fibbing about being able to marry people and Laura and Scott are not legally married.

by Anonymousreply 30605/20/2013

Real mature, r306. Real fuckin' mature.

I liked how Lesley counselled Dante about the depth of Lulu's trauma. It was like the Lesley I remember all those years ago. This show needs to keep her around as the matriarch of the show.

And yes, it would be cool if she was pulling a major one on Laura and Scotty - to save her daughter when this thing careens into catastrophe.

by Anonymousreply 30705/20/2013

[quote]For some reason I think Lesley was fibbing about being able to marry people and Laura and Scott are not legally married.

I saw this theory on a couple of other sites, too. Another one making the rounds is that RH is really just playing "Todd" after all. I'm not sure what the mechanics of that would be--maybe they are just biding their time until the legal snafus get ironed out? Or could they pull a D.I.D. thing and have this be "Todd" in an altered state?

by Anonymousreply 30805/20/2013

When the new OLTL tanks, will we have to go through this again with the three Llanviewers coming back as their original incarnations?

by Anonymousreply 30905/20/2013

Rena Sofer has joined the cast of B&B. Wondering if FV and RC are shitting over that.

by Anonymousreply 31005/20/2013

I saw Roger Howarth in a store in NY a few months ago and in real life his mannerisms are very similar to the new character - I think he's just playing closer to his real personality for the new role as opposed to the Todd persona who's a lot bigger and wackier than Roger's actual mannerisms.

by Anonymousreply 31105/20/2013

[quote]When the new OLTL tanks, will we have to go through this again with the three Llanviewers coming back as their original incarnations?

Nope. Because PP got OLTL and AMC into production before the deadline they now own the rights for the next 15 years. Figure in the lawsuit pending with ABC and Port Charles is forever severed from Llanview and Pine Valley in the soap universe.

by Anonymousreply 31205/20/2013

They still have to keep it in production and keep paying the license fee every year, R313 or it will revert back to ABC.

It's like a 15 year lease - if they don't pay, the landlord (ABC) can kick them out and take back the property.

Otherwise, if PP went bankrupt after one year and the shows were in limbo for the next 14 years, nobody would remember them by the time ABC could do anything with them. ABC would never make that deal - nobody would.

Bottom line: if PP can't stay in production and pay the yearly license fee, the rights go back to ABC.

by Anonymousreply 31305/20/2013

Insiders are already saying that PP is done. They can't make the numbers work. Apparently there was some meeting with ABC last week for some kind of bailout and ABC turned them down.

by Anonymousreply 31405/20/2013

It would seem that KA is finally playing a version of what Starr would have turned out to be if OLTL wasn't so determined to make her a teen heroine a la Robin. Kiki is a tiresome brat and that's what Starr was certainly like as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 31505/20/2013

Geary and Elliot are really acting soulmates. Two peas in a pod really. They might be gay but they sizzle like two people that were separated at birth.The banter between the both of them is always on point BUt yesterday it was a bit different. We actually learned that Tracy has a heart. Tracy's "monolog" was a rose upon a dungheap. Jane really sold it. Geary reactions were spot on.Two old dogs really up to their old tricks...a job well done.

by Anonymousreply 31605/21/2013

That was between Tracey and Luke yesterday. My only complaint was how that scene was chopped up. That should have been one five minute scene or the only scene for the entire act.

by Anonymousreply 31705/21/2013

They don't do that anymore, r318. My biggest complaint about the show is the 10 minute scenes chopped up into 5-second pieces. It does hurt the continuity and emotional build-up of a scene. But we are lviing in a Brave New Attentionless-Span World (you know what I mean).

Geary and Elliot sizzle together, but there is absolutely no sexual chemistry. Elliot is Geary's fag-hag, the woman who loves a homosexual and he can never reciprocate. Geary can never convince me he wants to fuck the brains out of Elliot, but, whether or not he likes it, he always gives that impression when he is with Francis (despite the tension between them or his own orientation in real-life). He even had that raw sexual vibe with Hughes (although she acted like she didn't want to fuck him).

Geary and Elliot are great as frenemies and their chemistry shines, but yesterday's scene put it all in a nutshell for me: Tracy would love to have been Luke's Laura but she never will be, and Luke just wants Tracy as a safety net/beard-type. It was very well done and beautifully introspective.

by Anonymousreply 31805/21/2013

Geary and Elliot play those characters,no? Or did Ron make them Cassadines,Francos or Jeromes now like the former OLTL cast members?!;)

The editing style of GH is ultra modern.The attention span of the editor is MTV like. I don't remember Days, Y and R or B and B to be so fast and loose with the quick cuts between scenes......

ABC won't save AMC or OLTL.... They should put them on Soapnet. Is it a point of pride for ABC? That they were right to cancel these shows or what?

by Anonymousreply 31905/21/2013

This interview with Tristan Rogers on MARIE must have aired when he last appeared:

by Anonymousreply 32005/21/2013

I wish they would stop trying to make Shawn and Alexis happen. It's just about booty call, folks. So just write it that and stop trying to make it into a love story.

I'm so over this Howarth stuff. Who the hell cares who he is.

Easton and Monaco have smokin' hot chemistry no matter who he plays. He never fails to wake her up and bring her back to life. I love how Silas Clay leans against doorways with smouldering fuck-me looks like John McBain did. Not much method going into that acting.

The Falconeri girls are fun. But it's hard to think they would ever let Peter Falk come between them.

by Anonymousreply 32105/21/2013

Thanks for the TR interview - I didn't see it. I sure hope they are bringing him back this summer. Anybody know for sure? GH needs some Robert.

by Anonymousreply 32205/21/2013

They have every intention to go back to the Robin story, but it all depends on KM's scheduling. Faison, Jerry, Robert and Holly are all a part of the plan when they return to it.

by Anonymousreply 32305/22/2013

Luke has a health crisis coming up that could figure into his departure from the show this summer.

Robert Kelker Kelly will be back - in flashbacks.

We have not seen the last of Brandon Barash.

Who really was the anonymous donor for the Nurses' Ball?

A party at the Haunted Star is rocked the revelation of its mysterious host.

by Anonymousreply 32405/22/2013

[quote]Who really was the anonymous donor for the Nurses' Ball?

by Anonymousreply 32505/22/2013

I'm thinking Franco (RH).

by Anonymousreply 32605/22/2013

I hope blts are served at this party.

by Anonymousreply 32705/22/2013

R324 They are not flying Holly to the US. Rogers said they couldn't afford it so Emma is not doing it.

R325 I hope it is Stefan or Victor Cassadine. We need to shake things up a bit. Things are getting stale with the post RKK hangover.Or is it Fraud Manling/ Franco's twin/Roger Howarth's latest character?

by Anonymousreply 32805/22/2013

r329 - it is Franco.

Sonny, Carly, Michael, Sam, AJ, Liz, Damian, Maxie and Lulu are all gathered at the Haunted Star to find out Franco is alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 32905/22/2013

RC is too smart to make RH Franco. Too predictable.

by Anonymousreply 33005/22/2013

[italic]Rena Sofer has joined the cast of B&B. Wondering if FV and RC are shitting over that.[/italic]

Although I love Rena Sofer as Lois, I've always found her rather bland in every other role I've seen her in.

by Anonymousreply 33105/22/2013

R332, no way! She rocked on Melrose Place!

by Anonymousreply 33205/22/2013

R332 Sofer was excellent as crazy Eve on Melrose Place, she had great chemistry with Jack Wagner who played her husband Dr. Peter Burns.

by Anonymousreply 33305/22/2013

RC's pacing is so bad. He drops stories for months and when he comes back to them the viewer has moved on. It's his biggest flaw

by Anonymousreply 33405/22/2013

r335 If you think Ron's pacing is bad, you should have watched Santa Barbara under the Dobsons.

Wild plots would reign for three-four days, then be dropped for months and then suddenly resurrected for three-four days, then dropped again.

Watching Santa Barbara often gave you whiplash.

But I agree, Ron's pacing has been off especially in the past few months. Between all the 50th anniversary hoopla and getting the Llanview Three off the show in March only to bring them back as new characters in May, the storytelling has been uneven.

by Anonymousreply 33505/22/2013

Santa Barbara would also start stuff but never finish them. I remember Pearl the bartender's much-ballyhooed mysterious brother was resurrected from the dead after alot of build up for weeks, but after a few episodes, was never seen again. And we never did find out who the hell Warren Lockridge's biological father was. Or Cassandra Benedict's!

by Anonymousreply 33605/22/2013

After seeing the guestlist I am convinced Roger is the real Jason. Steve Burton's Jason was a switched at birth baby. Loved Maura today. Ditto Jane Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 33705/22/2013

I would see this thread's headline and think "I wonder why mob activity would be on the rise upstate?" I finally clicked on it to find out.

I'm an idiot and you guys are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 33805/22/2013

You may be right R333. I had checked out of Melrose by the time Rena joined the cast.

Maybe it's her performance on Coupling that has swayed my opinion. She seems to excel at playing over the top characters, though.

by Anonymousreply 33905/22/2013

Ava and Tracy were awesome. Sirtless NuMorgan gots something swinging in them shorts.

by Anonymousreply 34005/23/2013

I loved Rena on GH but Lois could be a bit grating at times. I don't think Ron and Frank were bringing her back on contract especially with Wally Kurth being recurring and doing Days as well.

Ava is fabulous. I always liked Ms Maura. She looks good with some tasteful facial filling helping her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 34105/23/2013

Love Ava! I finally realized who Maura West reminds me of: Carroll Baker.

by Anonymousreply 34205/23/2013

When Maura was first on ATWT, she looked exactly like Baker. The resemblance was uncanny, and her gestures and facial expressions were part of it.

by Anonymousreply 34305/23/2013

If GH ever gets cancelled, Tracy, Ava, & Heather deserve their own primetime show.

by Anonymousreply 34405/23/2013

R345 What about Kiki?;)

Maura has that old time movie beauty doesn't she? I think she looks better than she did on ATWT.She looks more like a femme fatale,gangster moll or like she could be in a 1940s movie. She has a bit of Baker in her but her nose looks better though.

by Anonymousreply 34505/23/2013

So who should Ava get involved with? Geary is leaving soon, so we can count Luke out (which is a shame because they had a good spark of chemistry); AJ's blonde whore is Carly ... Franco/real Jason? Silas Clay? I'd take Magic Milo if it means it will never be Sonny Corinthos, which we know it will be.

by Anonymousreply 34605/23/2013

Ava and Alexis

by Anonymousreply 34705/23/2013

ISn't it obvious?

Ava and Sonny will be paired up.

Two mob families joining forces. Will give Maura great scenes to play off of Kelly Sullivan as they compete for Sonny.

But Luke and Ava certainly had good chemistry. Maybe if Geary comes back from his vacation, they can explore that possibility more.

by Anonymousreply 34805/23/2013

Today's episode confirmed two things for me: Britt inseminated herself with Dante and Lulu's embryo; and RH is playing the real Jason Q, switched at birth by Heather with the fake Jason (aka FuckYouSteveBurton).

by Anonymousreply 34905/23/2013

Jason Morgans brain was transplanted.

by Anonymousreply 35005/23/2013

Tracy and Ava should have a deep and epic love affair. After hearing Tracy this week, she deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 35105/23/2013

You know how I know ya'll are gay? It only took a millisecond for this to turn into a thread about General Hospital!

by Anonymousreply 35205/23/2013

The Widow Soleto-Zacchara and the whatever-she-is Jerome could do some serious mob-territory damage together...

by Anonymousreply 35305/23/2013

A preview of Ava's introduction to Port Charles from ABC:

"Ava Jerome has a major impact on the canvas. She loves her daughter but is unafraid to use her in order to get close to the Quartermaines. Ava plays a role in the ELQ battle. Duke will question Ava's connection to the Jerome crime family."

There's also a crazy rumour going around that Olivia Jerome (Tonja Walker) will turn out to be a patient in the same mental institution that Heather is in.

by Anonymousreply 35405/23/2013

Frank and Ron are big Tonja Walker fans. It would make perfect sense if they were to bring her back as Olivia Jerome.

by Anonymousreply 35505/24/2013

Knowing Ron she'll act more like her character from OLTL and be called Olivia Jerome. Tonja has a great ability for camp especially on OLTL so she'll fit into the new GH very well.

by Anonymousreply 35605/24/2013

Olivia Jerome was institutionalized and taken off the show, but returned later when Greg Beecroft took over the role of Duke Lavery/Jonathon Paget to be murdered by her brother. But I wouldn't put it past RC to bring Olivia back from the dead.

Perhaps Olivia and Jerry Jacks are working together to keep Robin away from Anna.

by Anonymousreply 35705/24/2013

FV is really get mileage out of nuMorgan.

by Anonymousreply 35805/24/2013

Is there a thread on OLTL here? Want to talk about the new writers for both soaps, but don't seem to have the link saved.

by Anonymousreply 35905/24/2013

This is what I don't get about GH fans. You like all the other mobsters, but hate Sonny. It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 36005/24/2013

Both of the "Shelter" threads are OLTL, R360.

by Anonymousreply 36105/24/2013

Here's the other one, R360:

by Anonymousreply 36205/24/2013

r361, the difference is that Olivia was a clear-cut villain who was never painted as a tormented anti-heroine. She also never took the show over as the PTB's darling. And she didn't last more than a decade holding sway over the show as its one main focus.

Sonny represents the darkest chapter of General Hospital history in which a criminal and killer became the (anti)hero of the show; more than that, he became the show itself - we saw history fucked, morality thrown out the window, and crime glorified in all its depressing and darkest characteristics. Vets were run rickshaw over, characters we recognized were compromised to slavishly honor the almighty Sonny and his cohort Jason, and a show we once loved showed nothing but contempt for its long-time fans.

BIG difference between the Jeromes (all of whom died or were killed) and the Corinthoses.

by Anonymousreply 36305/24/2013

[quote]Vets were run rickshaw over

Oh lord. The expression is "ride roughshod over."

It refers to the practice of shoeing horses with nails and other sharp projections for battle.

by Anonymousreply 36405/24/2013

R366, that's the second time I've seen the "rickshaw" expression recently. Strange things come out of depending on television for vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 36605/24/2013

Thank you r366, I am flattered. I like my version too. It has an exotic Oriental feel to it.

by Anonymousreply 36705/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 36805/24/2013

Oh God, Morgan was naked again today. He's the new Ford, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 36905/24/2013

Sonny was allowed to take over the show and it seems like he was weaved into every story at the expense of the rest of the cast.

Personally, I am sick of all his facial ticks and twitches. I wish he would have gotten in that car years ago instead of Lily.

by Anonymousreply 37005/24/2013

Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) has announced on Twitter that he has opted not to renew his contract but will continue on GH on recurring status.

I'm not so sure I'm buying his spin of events.

by Anonymousreply 37105/24/2013

The only reason Bradford Anderson was on GH more than a few weeks was Steve Burton. Initially Anderson was brought on for a short-term story but Burton was so entertained by him that he pushed JFP to hire him on contract, thereby forcing him down GH viewers' throats for several years. He was always fast-forward material.

by Anonymousreply 37205/24/2013

Oh, good! Damian is really ugly.

by Anonymousreply 37305/24/2013

Hopefully this means that Maxie loses the baby.

by Anonymousreply 37405/24/2013

Like...flash mob? Or......?

by Anonymousreply 37505/24/2013

I'm actually starting to enjoy KA as Kiki. She's having more fun now than she did as Starr.

by Anonymousreply 37605/24/2013

I never saw her as Starr but I don't like her at all. She makes really weird faces, and her acting is reminiscent of Mindy Gracin.

by Anonymousreply 37705/24/2013

Laura and Scotty return from their honeymoon to be thrown into Luke's medical crisis. Luke and Laura are once again forced to face their cosmic tie to one another.

by Anonymousreply 37805/25/2013

Frank is smart in that he has a large percentage of the cast on recurring. That doesn't mean they don't get story It's a more flexible and leaner way to run the show now that the supply of name actors is far in excess of the # of shows.

John Aniston on Days has always been recurring - never signed a contract. On GH many of the vets are recurring. I hope Spinelli is on GH for a long time b/c I like him but story-wise it makes more sense to have him on recurring and just use him when needed.

Glad to see Brandon Barash is coming back on as recurring as well. Can't get enough of sexy sexy BB!

by Anonymousreply 37905/25/2013

So, all four members of the band Port Chuck are now gone?

Steve Burton, Scott Reeves, Brandon Barash and now Bradford Anderson.

Very interesting.

I always enjoyed Spinelli. Will be sorry to see him go. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed his quirky character and his unique usage of the English language.

But they began watering the character down as soon as Garin Wolf became headwriter. And it further deteriorated under Ron. they both took the fun quirks away from the character in an attempt to make him more mainstream -- no longer refering to himself in the third person, seldom using his nicknames for all the other characters, no longer mentioning his obsession with orange colored foods, etc.

Apparently, Guza was the only one who could do Spinelli justice, much like Doug Marland was the only one who could truly do the quirky, movie-fantasizing character of Nola on GL justice.

by Anonymousreply 38005/25/2013

I think any writer who creates a character has a special feel for said character. Spinelli's quirks were cute in short spurts, not for a full-time character, which is why he got so grating. Guza and RC sure have that in common - planting their favorites onscreen way too much until everyone gets sick of them.

by Anonymousreply 38105/25/2013

Is Spinelli being killed off?

by Anonymousreply 38205/25/2013

Isn't Lucas Jones, Bobbie's adopted son and Tiffany's nephew, a biological Jerome?

by Anonymousreply 38305/25/2013

Yes, r384. He's the son of Cheryl Stansbury and Victor Jerome's son.

by Anonymousreply 38405/25/2013

I truly hate Spinelli. I hope he dies and Maxie loses the baby.

by Anonymousreply 38505/25/2013

Thanks, r385. I remember that Lucas came out as gay some years ago, but he did not have much story. Ben Hogestyn, stepson of Drake Hogestyn on Days, played Lucas during that time. Ben was a good actor- better than his stepfather- but as I said did not have much to do in his gay storyline. If Lucas is ever brought back the character could easily be rewritten as straight, since the gay storyline had no impact.

by Anonymousreply 38605/25/2013

In her recent visit, Bobbie mentioned that Lucas was dating and still looking for Mr. Right (a statement that then seagued into a scene with Felix). There is every intention of bringing Lucas back, and RC will obviously keep the character gay.

They are working things out with Brandon Barash to bring him back in guest appearences a'la KM.

Why wasn't Monica invited to the real Jason's coming out party?

by Anonymousreply 38705/25/2013

"Kiki’s world is turned upside down by some disturbing news, and it all comes circling back to Ava. Think she'll sail by unscathed? Think again."

"This week, a madman seeks forgiveness from the town he terrorized — but a vengeful mob boss takes matters into his own hands."

So RH is probably playing Franco.

by Anonymousreply 38805/25/2013

Anna has her hands full this summer when Tiffany and Sean Donnelly's daughter falls into her care.

by Anonymousreply 38905/25/2013

R387 Why are you suggesting that they will rewrite him as gay? You must be a straight female from one of the soap boards. His story had no impact then because he had no story. He came out and left town.

by Anonymousreply 39005/25/2013

Repeat Monday of the 50th anniversary show.

by Anonymousreply 39105/25/2013

R387 here: I am not suggesting that the show should rewrite Lucas as straight- some homophobic writer might choose that path.

by Anonymousreply 39205/25/2013

Franco must've had it ROUGH since he "died" if he's come back looking like this.

by Anonymousreply 39305/25/2013

And does this mean General Hospital is forgiving another rape? Geez. They sure love rapists on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 39405/25/2013

RH's second run as a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 39505/25/2013

Franco came back from the dead looking like Buddy Cole.

by Anonymousreply 39605/25/2013

GH sucks. Carlivati sucks. That's not a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 39705/25/2013

I thin RH will be the son of julian jerome, brother to ava jerome.

by Anonymousreply 39805/25/2013

It's been rumoured for some time that RH and KA will be playing father and daughter again, as it has that Maura West would be playing RH's wife. Which leads one to guess that RH is Franco.

What reason would a son of Julian Jerome be obsessed with Jason Morgan? A son of Julian Jerome would be obsessed with Duke, Anna and Robin, or Lucas.

by Anonymousreply 39905/26/2013

I know recasting is common, but my Lord! Roger Howarth looks NOTHING like James Franco (the guy who played James Dean and actually looked like him)!!! He's at least a decade older and looks it. And he's gone blonde to play Franco? I'm not sure i understand that but ok.

What's next? Jason is going to come back played by Patrika Darbo?

by Anonymousreply 40005/26/2013

We don't know who Roger's playing yet, R401. Why not just sit tight and wait for the reveal before y'all get in such a tizzy?

by Anonymousreply 40105/26/2013

For an 18 year old, Morgan's got a seriously hairy chest (you can see the stubble). He should grow is out - how hot would it be to see Morgan walking around in a towel rocking a grown-man hairy chest?

by Anonymousreply 40205/26/2013

Calm down bitches. All will be revealed in time. And i can only hear the gasps when you find out who The Man actually is. The character is deeply rooted in GH history. Prepare to be amazed.

by Anonymousreply 40305/26/2013

Carlivati never amazes me - he is so predictable I could write the stories before they happen. Deeply rooted in GH history? Don't tell me - he is really Stavros Cassadine and RKK has been the fake Stavros thus leading to a huge umbrella story of the Tale of Two Stavros. In fact it will be so big that other shows will be involved,LOl! RC's ego always ends up destroying the potential that is right in front of him. He is way more like Guza than I ever realized. They both have these big ambitions that fizzle out because daytime TV drama is a different animal. Concentrate on developing interesting, engrossing day to day drama instead of trying to shock the audience with some "surprise" you pull out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 40405/26/2013

Feel better, r405?

by Anonymousreply 40505/26/2013

[quote]Calm down bitches. All will be revealed in time. And i can only hear the gasps when you find out who The Man actually is. The character is deeply rooted in GH history. Prepare to be amazed.

Reginald the Butler. He won the lottery and now he's back to get revenge on all those who sneered down their noses and bossed him around lo those many years. "Get yer own goddamn tea and crumpets, motherfuckers!"

by Anonymousreply 40605/26/2013

RH is playing Grant Putnam

by Anonymousreply 40705/26/2013

It's Justus Ward, fresh from a nice long stay at the Obrecht Resurrection Clinic in Switzerland. The procedure was quite a shock to his system, though, and he's still a bit pale.

by Anonymousreply 40805/26/2013

[quote] Franco came back from the dead looking like Buddy Cole.

by Anonymousreply 40905/26/2013

I'm glad somebody got it, r410.

by Anonymousreply 41005/26/2013

R411 That would actually be funny as hell. Howarth's line readings veer into Buddy territory anyway. All he needs is a cigarette and he's good to go!

by Anonymousreply 41105/26/2013

A clip of RH's new character making a spectacle of himself this week at the Floating Rib:

by Anonymousreply 41205/26/2013

R406 Yes actually I do!

by Anonymousreply 41305/26/2013

Hate to interrupt,but can someone start a thread on the new Bachelorette- I see a few guys that look like they play for our team!

by Anonymousreply 41405/26/2013

No one gives three festering fucks about the Bachelorette...

by Anonymousreply 41505/26/2013

Well, that certainly brought this thread to a screeching halt!

by Anonymousreply 41605/27/2013

R415 = Piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 41705/27/2013

Done R415. It's called "New Bachelorette Thread" so it should be easy to find.

by Anonymousreply 41805/27/2013

To bring the thread back on track: I believe that Ava is going to let everyone - including Kiki - believe that Kiki is Franco's daughter. Kiki will claim her Q birthright while trying to fight her attraction to her cousin Michael. But it willbe revealed down the road that Ava's daughter with Franco - the REAL Lauren Franco - was given up for adoption or something to protect her from Franco. The real Lauren will turn out to be Ellie.

by Anonymousreply 41905/27/2013

they replayed the 50th episode with Alan, Emily et al. Emily said she was going to see Nikolas but they never showed it. Anyone know if they ever filmed it and it was cut like the Bobbie/Lucy scene?

by Anonymousreply 42005/27/2013

No, R420, sorry, the train has already derailed.

RH is playing a post-op Celia Quartermaine.

by Anonymousreply 42105/27/2013

^ amazeballs. 422. Just like they did with romjimn-stamos on Ugly Betty.

by Anonymousreply 42205/27/2013

Maybe RH is the son of Jimmy Lee Holt and Charity Gatlin.

by Anonymousreply 42305/27/2013

R422 Are you joking?

Funny, between a few lines on the show and the whole Ugly Betty comparison that thought had crossed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 42405/27/2013

I'm only half-joking, R425. Maybe he really is playing a post-op Celia Q. Sherilyn Wolter was quite lovely but a tad masculine.

by Anonymousreply 42505/27/2013

It is interesting that they're going the Franco route, given that the character wasn't all that popular other than the fact that James Franco was doing a soap. Fat soap blogger Jamey Giddens said it was brilliant, but he is Cartini ass licker, so his commentary is suspect. I won't pass judgment until I see where they're going, but it is a strange choice.

by Anonymousreply 42605/27/2013

He has to be Franco. The guest list and everything he said to Heather about Sam, and his conversations with LuLu. He's definitely also not someone who has been away from PC for very long.

by Anonymousreply 42705/27/2013

[quote]It is interesting that they're going the Franco route, given that the character wasn't all that popular other than the fact that James Franco was doing a soap.

Here we all thought the Franco mess was a way for JFP to reward two of her favorite pets, James Franco and Steve Burton.

Everyone I knew hated that snoozefest but we figured the three of them were happy.

by Anonymousreply 42805/27/2013

It will be a disastah if RH is the utterly irredeemable, unpopular, parody-of-a-soap-character Franco. Carlivati's three fans will finally understand how awful he is.

by Anonymousreply 42905/27/2013

Well anybody can be redeemed. Many evil soap characters have been redeemed, even characters much worse than Franco. And if JFP wanted to reward her pets, I guess Rob and Frank want to reward their pets.

by Anonymousreply 43005/27/2013

It's not about redeeming Franco so much as trying to keep him from once again inducing a state of narcolepsy in anyone watching.

by Anonymousreply 43105/27/2013

R431, I can't think of a character like Franco that has ever been redeemed. Some could argue that Sonny and Jason were serial killers too, but their redeemable qualities were their boundaries with regards to women and children. Franco raped Sam (even if he didn't he let her think he did) and had a barely 18 year old Micheal raped in prison.

by Anonymousreply 43205/28/2013

Kiki/Lauren is NOT a true Q heir.

Howarth Franco's real mother is Heather.

Luke and Laura are on pause, not done for good.

Spinelli is toast.

by Anonymousreply 43305/28/2013

How long have you been watching soaps r433. I can name five off the top of my head. If the characters didn't become heroes, they became anti-heroes or grey characters.

by Anonymousreply 43405/28/2013

It was rumoured some weeks ago that RH's new character is another son of Heather's as well. If RH is Franco and Heather (who has been obsessed with how wonderful Franco is ever since she returned) is his mother, then this means the twin story was a lie designed by mother and son to cause trouble, and Kiki is not Michael's first cousin.

by Anonymousreply 43505/28/2013

One way or the other, pigface Alderson and Duell will be romantically involved. I would say "Poor Chad!" But he left his wife for her (!!!!).

by Anonymousreply 43605/28/2013

Why does t anyone on GH ask for a DNA test? Someone says "That's your kid you never knew you had" and that's the only proof they require. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 43705/28/2013

[quote]But he left his wife for her

Alderson has a magic cooter.

by Anonymousreply 43805/28/2013

r438, no one has even met Lauren yet.

by Anonymousreply 43905/28/2013

R440, did they ever do a DNA test to see if Franco was Alan's son?

by Anonymousreply 44005/28/2013

Why does t anyone on GH ask for a DNA test? Someone says "That's your kid you never knew you had" and that's the only proof they require. Idiots.

Have you ever seen a DNA test that sticks on a soap?

by Anonymousreply 44105/28/2013

Alexis didn't even get a DNA test to see if that slag Sam is her child.

That made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 44205/28/2013

No, I don't think anyone did a DNA test to prove Heather's claims. They just jumped at the hope it gave that her revelation mase Sam's baby Jason's since the child had Q DNA.

Oh dear, I guess this may mean little Danny is Franco's after all ...?

by Anonymousreply 44305/28/2013

So today's last scene means that he looks like Franco ... but he is, in fact, Franco's twin, who is the real Jason Quartermaine.

by Anonymousreply 44405/28/2013

So when did the "real" Jason interact with Lulu and Sam and so forth? Since its been established that he was recebtky in PC interacting with these people. He's gotta be either Franco, or a recast of Burton's Jason.

by Anonymousreply 44505/28/2013

AJ said today: "My brother's name will always be Jason Quartermaine". Funny he said that while RH's character is conveniently hiding away in a sarcophagus.

My guess is that he is the real Jason Quartermaine. Jason Morgan was not the real twin to Franco.

The guests are going to attack their host thinking it's Franco, when he will tell them he is the real twin. He has been working with Heather all this time to create trouble for Jason.

by Anonymousreply 44605/28/2013

That's some terrible writing if true. First of all, making the ridiculous claim that RH looks anything like Franco and not even making him Franco? That's some needless absurdity right there.

by Anonymousreply 44705/28/2013

Nice scene with Luke and Tracy, but I was quite disturbed by the outpouring of love Luke had for Tracy. "You're the Bonnie to my Clyde ..."???

Is Guza still writing this show?

by Anonymousreply 44805/28/2013

Oh sorry, I typed too soon. I missed that Tracy kabashed any notion of them ever being lovers.

by Anonymousreply 44905/28/2013

Luke is a drunken loser who went from Savior of the World to a replica of his late deadbeat father who drank himself to death. What a catch! Luke was only confessing his love to Anna Devane a few months ago. He always comes back to old reliable, how romantic is that! Tracey finally got her smarts back. However, TG looked not too good today; either makeup or he is still battling his bad back issues. Glad he is offscreen for awhile.

The entire scene of RH/Franco/Not Franco/Jason/Who the Hell is he, was some of the worst writing I have ever seen. I expected bats to start flying around and a voiceover proclaiming "It was a dark and stormy night" RC needs to write for the Nikolodean Channel. He is just too juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 45005/28/2013

Am not Am not

by Anonymousreply 45105/28/2013

so who the hell is RH playing if they all recognized him but no one said "you're supposed to be dead" or something like that

by Anonymousreply 45205/28/2013

It was the last moments of the show; the fallout tomorrow from his appearence will reveal all. It's called getting people to tune into tomorrow. Even right at the edge of the revelation, we are still left guessing.

Interesting they made a point of giving Monica today a scene in which she questioned why she wasn't invited to this party (while RH eavesdropped on her conversation with AJ). Why didn't they just have her interact with the guests? That would have been a nice thing to do for Monica - giving her a chance to play with Sonny and Carly, the two people she despises the most in Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 45305/28/2013

R454 - Well I don't need to tune in tomorrow, we know he is some form of Franco and there are no surprises there. RC must be smoking some good shit to come up with these convoluted ideas.

by Anonymousreply 45405/28/2013

I'm not convinced that RH is playing Franco. I think he playing an imposter pretending to be Franco. He will be a fake Q heir. JMO

by Anonymousreply 45505/29/2013

But really, does anyone care?

by Anonymousreply 45605/29/2013

r448, recasts asks us to suspend reality all the time. It's up to the actors to make it as truthful as possible. Constance Towers looked nothing like Elizbaeth Taylor or even had Taylor's mystical Greek goddess quality in Taylor's original interpretation of Helena Cassadine, but we came to accept Towers' more campy soap-matriarch-gone-psycho portrayal through the years. What helped in this more domestic portrayal of Helena was that Taylor was never going to play the role again.

by Anonymousreply 45705/29/2013

Well.... what do you think?

by Anonymousreply 45805/29/2013

Of what? I'm at work. Who was he?

by Anonymousreply 45905/29/2013

We probably shouldn't spoil it for the others.

Not that it was much of a surprise.

A clue: Spaghetti-Os

by Anonymousreply 46005/29/2013

Well, it was obvious. I'm guessing the hair was to give the impression that he COULD be Jason. Hopefully they don't try to redeem him. All that rape!

by Anonymousreply 46105/29/2013

Don't care if they redeem the character but sure hope they redeem the hair and dye it back to brown and let it grow. RH can't be taken seriously no matter if the character raped and murdered the entire town with that silly, SILLY hair.

by Anonymousreply 46205/29/2013

What is creepy is that after watching today's episode, I went to Wikipedia to look up the character's past crimes because I really hadn't watched GH during that period. It was already updated to include today's bombshell. Are there PR people hired to do that sort of thing, or is it fans who do that sort of stuff?

It's like the day I found out Liz Taylor died in Breaking News on TV; I went to Wiki and her death date was already posted - minutes after her death was announced!!!

Anyway, rape is the least of the issues to be dealt with; how can we overlook the murders?

by Anonymousreply 46305/29/2013

Wow, that was some outstanding work from everyone on the Haunted Star.

Also, Roger has clearly been using his time commuting between Llanview and Port Charles at the gym. Holy ripped abs, Batman.

by Anonymousreply 46405/29/2013

And with Roger Howarth playing recasted serial killer James Franco, all three new characters are officially a fucking disaster. Christ, how embarrassing. KA is awful, ME is worse but RH is playing a psychopath originated by an A-list celebrity!!

by Anonymousreply 46505/29/2013

[quote]RH is playing a psychopath originated by an A-list celebrity!!

Was he? I thought he was originally played by James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 46605/29/2013

I dunno, I think he's borderline myself. The Sal Mineo biopic he directed is unwatchable BTW.

Roger H. is good but this whole thing with the ex-OLTLers is astonishingly stupid. None of them work. With Franco it's because the character is a supervillain. The other two are just bad.

by Anonymousreply 46705/29/2013

Well done, VOTN!

by Anonymousreply 46805/29/2013

Oh, are we pretending James Franco isn't an A-list celebrity? How many billion dollar franchises and Oscar nons does one have to star in to be A-list? Come on!

Lets not pretend this recast isn't ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 46905/29/2013

Though I guess it means Ava isn't a pedo anymore, having a baby with a 13 year old.

by Anonymousreply 47005/29/2013

I don't care how ridiculous it is, just have Roger keep taking his shirt off.

by Anonymousreply 47105/29/2013

Hope he isnt really Franco but RH was good, funny and is hot. Ears and all.

by Anonymousreply 47205/29/2013

It's all good for immediate sensationalized high drama, but in the long run, I can't see trying to redeem a serial killer a good idea. And how can they pair Carly with the man who had her son raped? Or are they going to rewrite that too?

The only thing that truly makes these NuLlanviewers work is the addition of Maura West to the mix. Loved her intense, cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof performance today.

Maurice Bernard was hilarious with his melodrama; RH was typical RH. Not exactly a stretch.

What I was surprised by was how normally higher-than-a-kite Kelli Monaco was freaking fantastic and stoled the show.

by Anonymousreply 47305/29/2013

Their ratings have been going down each week. I don't expect this messy crap to get them up again. Bringing Franco back is a major dumb move by RC. It is too bad Passions is not on any longer - that is the kind of soap he should be writing.

by Anonymousreply 47405/29/2013

Lauren is .......Ellie

by Anonymousreply 47505/29/2013

So if James Franco wants to come back ...? That's a bit disappointing. I think his joining GH actually helped save it. Not necessarily through the ratings, but it gave GH a bit more buzz over the others.

by Anonymousreply 47605/29/2013

James Franco won't come back to GH, not without JFP.

by Anonymousreply 47705/29/2013

I doubt RH is Franco. I think he is the real twin of Franco pertending to be him for some unknown reason. Steve Burton's Jason was a switched at birth baby. RH and Franco are the real Q twins.

by Anonymousreply 47805/29/2013

r477, James Frnco is not going back to GH ever. He is very close with JFP - they are even doing a project together.

I'm thinking this is Franco's twin as well. This is not the real Franco. They can't make a serial killer into a regular lead.

by Anonymousreply 47905/29/2013

Disappointed that Finola Hughes has been shoved to the background. This show has far too many characters to juggle. I would actually like to see Anna in a continuing storyline rather than just get an occassional glimpse of what she is doing.

by Anonymousreply 48005/30/2013

Finola had to be written off for several weeks because of a movie she's involved in has been on the independent film circuit.

by Anonymousreply 48105/30/2013

I would like RH in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 48205/30/2013

The guy who plays Sonnie, the mobster, the one with the black shoe polish dye job. Are we really suppose to feel threatened by this little squirt? He's awful. Why he is the center of this show? I started watching during the OLTL cross over. Now it seems to have gotten mobster central. Was the show like that before? For a change, I was hoping Roger H. would be playing a nice character. I've never seen him play a good guy.

by Anonymousreply 48305/30/2013

Just ewwwww, r483.

by Anonymousreply 48405/30/2013

Sonny Corinthos is about as scary as Peter Falk playing a gumshoe character in a Neil Simon movie.

by Anonymousreply 48505/30/2013

The only time Sonny was ever interesting was with Sarah Brown's Carly.

by Anonymousreply 48605/30/2013

And interestingly, one of the worst times was when Sonny was with Sarah Brown's Claudia.

by Anonymousreply 48705/30/2013

Although, once again, the scenes on the Haunted Star killed.

Who knew Chad Duell had more in him than his Dick of Death?

by Anonymousreply 48805/30/2013

I haven't seen today yet. Have they whiteboard-erased Franco's multiple murders, onscreen and off, yet? This is cripplingly stupid and RC's biggest flaw has always been his fascination with rape. Give me the relish war instead.

OTOH AMC and OLTL had a good day.

by Anonymousreply 48905/30/2013

[quote]RC's biggest flaw has always been his fascination with rape

His biggest flaw is his inability to write a coherent story with a beginning, middle and end.

His other flaws have to get in line behind that. His rape fascination and his misogynism are certainly right up there.

by Anonymousreply 49005/30/2013

I don't hate Ron like some, but my God, that was bad. Why bring RH back as a character that needed so much cleanup and retconning? You mean to tell me that there weren't 50 billion characters in GH's history that RH could have been? Or a new character. Was this all so that RH and KA could play father and daughter again?

by Anonymousreply 49105/31/2013

I think they're just marking time until the PP venture goes belly up (and it will) and they can all revert back to their original characters.

by Anonymousreply 49205/31/2013

Never watched when JF played Franco. Just glad my RH is inscreen but when OLTL fails , Franco can take a trip and Todd can come back.

by Anonymousreply 49305/31/2013

[quote]Why bring RH back as a character that needed so much cleanup and retconning?

Roger is always at his best when he's not bored.

However over-the-top this Franco story is, Roger's having a blast playing it.

Besides, with Helena gone, we need a supervillain, at least for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 49405/31/2013

If GH ratings continue to decline, GH will not be on the air much longer. I think now that the 50th is over, the network doesn't care and will give RC enough rope to hang himself. He is getting more out of control with these looney tunes storylines.

by Anonymousreply 49505/31/2013

But as opposed to ol' Hells, now they're trying to pretend Franco isn't so bad. They're trying to redeem him with his magic recordings. He's a psychopath. Are they going to blame all his multiple murders on other people too? They think we're idiots. And they're pairing Franco with Carly.

by Anonymousreply 49605/31/2013

I'm not liking the Franco stuff at all. Convenient rewriting (Franco clears himself of all rapes), implausible potentials (Carly and Franco?!!!), glorification of yet another sociopathic personality (I'm getting tired of these type of characters).

Franco seemed to be a great choice for RH to play because RH could be paired with the same characters Todd was (Sam, Heather, Sonny, Carly), but it's all too much to swallow. We know Franco killed people. Are we to expect DVDs showing he didn't those too? And I amn absolutely HATING that we are revisiting Guza's material - on top of having to sit through yet another Jason lovefest.

KM is the only one surprising me with the Haunted Star scenes. She can really take charge of scenes when she wants to.

SK needs to lose a little weight - he looked a little out of breath with the physical scenes.

Meanwhile, we have to sit and listen to Lulu go through her sexual perverse tale of woe while listening to Michael's. Weird show. I have to question RC's sensibility. He seems to be as creepy-freaky as James Reilly was.

by Anonymousreply 49705/31/2013

And, weirdly, on the same day prison rape came up on DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 49805/31/2013

[quote]Besides, with Helena gone, we need a supervillain, at least for a little while.

Okay, then leave him as a supervillian. Why go to such lengths to clean up everything? There have been a ton of supervillians who have done awful things and they still get love interests. Rachel forgave Carl Hutchens. It would make a better story if Carly can look past everything that Franco has done and still fall in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 49905/31/2013

[quote]Roger is always at his best when he's not bored.

However over-the-top this Franco story is, Roger's having a blast playing it.

Besides, with Helena gone, we need a supervillain, at least for a little while.

IA, VOTN, that RH is having a good time, but he is being paid quite handsomely to see to that I, a viewer, am having a good time and I'm not. RH is playing this just like Todd and clowning it up just like Todd. Nothing worse than a silly, comical villain. The ridiculous hair sure doesn't help make him come off as serious. I don't watch soaps to get a good chuckle.

I've watched RH since he began his soap career on Loving and I just don't know what happened to him but somehow between 1998 and 2000 to now he has lost his talent and ability to create a new character. Paul Ryan on ATWT wasn't acting like a clown but he wasn't all that different from Todd.

I would blame the writers but this is with writer, after writer, after writer. Do they all only see RH as capable of playing a clown or is that all RH is now capable of playing? I honestly don't know.

by Anonymousreply 50005/31/2013

R500, I HATED that not only did Rachel forgive Carl Hutchins, she MARRIED him and they were endgame on AW. I think the only way that could have been reasonable was if they'd done a Regarding Henry type of storyline with Carl losing all of his memory forever.

by Anonymousreply 50105/31/2013

So is that a wig Roger is wearing on GH? Surely he didn't bleach his hair as he is going back and forth between Port Charles and Llanview.

by Anonymousreply 50205/31/2013

r501, what happened between early RH and later RH was the industry changed in the course of his career - writing became sloppier, stories more sensational, sociopaths and psychopaths became the stars of the shows. Camp set in to become the norm - soaps no longer took themselves seriously; no one was thinking of past or future, just present. Meanwhile, people who knew nothing about the industry inherited shows that took generations to build only to scrap the history for the 21st century and shove them into holes they didn't fit in order to facilitate superficial advertising demographics and Generation XYZ formulas. Budgets were cut, rehearsal times were diminished into almost nothing - the actor these shows needed to rely on were the ticking time bombs or the larger-than-life personalities who needed little time to exact a method but seemed off-the-wall, high velocity, cynical, improvisational, not willing to take it all so seriously. Before, these kinds of actors were the recurring, or the supporting, or the comic relief. Now, they are the stars.

by Anonymousreply 50305/31/2013

Rachel and Carl's love story was great for sensational high melodrama, but it made absolutely no sense to me that she would have fallen in love with the man who tried to murder her and her beloved Mac. Rachel deserved to be committed for rationalizing such a choice. It was a terrible thing to do to the character, although the actress loved every minute of it.

by Anonymousreply 50405/31/2013

I'm still thinking that this is not the real Franco. Jason was not one of the twins. has an interesting item in its Rumourville:

"Illusion is the name of the game.

If Howarth's character looks just like Franco (to everyone he meets), and perhaps leads everyone to believe he is Franco (and looking for redemption), but he is NOT Franco....what could that mean?

Was that an anvil when Monica and AJ were in the Q crypt, and Monica mentions that Jason had not used the Quartermaine name in a long time? Why did Howarth's character involve himself in the relish wars which involves the future of the Quartermaine family fortune?

Why did Franco and Roger Howarth's character appear identical, but neither look identical to Jason?"

by Anonymousreply 50505/31/2013

Spoilers for next week:

"Someone connected to Alexis seems awfully familiar to Nikolas."

"Helena may have had some surprising people on her payroll."

"Who has been keeping an eye on Alexis, Sam and Anna...and why?"

"Laura forms a new friendship"

Also - for those begrudging the return of mob rule in Port Charles, be prepared to see more as a new mobster is hitting Port Charles. He will be head of the gambling syndicate that will have Morgan's fate in its clutches. Word is this new mobster will share a past with both Alexis and Anna, and will be Sam's bio daddy.

by Anonymousreply 50605/31/2013

[quote]Why did Franco and Roger Howarth's character appear identical, but neither look identical to Jason?"

Because RH is Franco.

by Anonymousreply 50705/31/2013

Jason and Franco are/were fraternal twins.

Let's think of ways that we could have made RH a Quartermaine without making him Franco or a Jason recast. Wet, sloppy blowjobs for anyone who comes up with the best idea.

by Anonymousreply 50805/31/2013

R509, he could have been Brook Lynn. He's about as looks and age appropriate to play her as he is Franco.

by Anonymousreply 50905/31/2013

I think it might have been fun if they'd found a way to make him Tracy's secret son. It would have given Jane Eliot and Roger scenes together plus you know if they got Wally Kurth back for a few days, those two would have had fun snarking at each other.

by Anonymousreply 51005/31/2013

RC is either very sensitive or completely tone deaf. Sometimes in the same episode. Case in point: He hears viewer complaints about Geary improvising drinking at Tracy's when it is the show's stance that Luke stopped drinking after mowing down Jake (since Lady Tony in his infinite wisdom has gone on record claiming Luke is not an alcoholic and doesn't have a problem) and writes a new story where half the cast nail Luke for his boozing and he delivers liver disease and may never be able to drink again.

At the same time Lucy is suddenly a tour guide taking tourists on a nickel journey to where her friend was brutally murdered. And Franco's crimes are washed away so Cartini can try re-pairing Roger and Laura Wright.

It's the sublime and the unwatchable in the same breath. Give me All My Kids this week, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 51105/31/2013

So when does Lucy have time to give her nickel tours and run a cosmetics empire?

by Anonymousreply 51205/31/2013

I liked the rumour floating around that RH was going to play Alexander Quartermaine, an illigetimate son of Alexandria Quartermaine and Tony Cassadine. It would have bridged the two families together.

by Anonymousreply 51305/31/2013

Kevin made some comment about how CoCo is, unfortunately, dead.

by Anonymousreply 51405/31/2013

In case you missed it, here is RH's riveting jailhouse performance that aired today!!!

by Anonymousreply 51505/31/2013

R517 eats the feces of homeless meth addicts.

by Anonymousreply 51705/31/2013

517, which shows you how popular they are and how much many of the posters enjoy engaging in them. Why begrudge a small majority that?

The only people making trouble in the soap threads are not soap fans. It is the people who are not soap fans who feel they must drop in for no other reason other than raking up shit. Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 51805/31/2013

R505, Carl kidnapped Rachel TWICE, if I'm not mistaken.

R517 needs to finger her clit for a bit and calm the fuck down. Although what's happening on the Shelter thread is a good example of fangurl fraus gone wild.

by Anonymousreply 51905/31/2013

R520, at least one of those is a troll and not a fangurl. Pretty sure the other is too.

It's that clinically insane ppsm freak vs. the Triscuit troll.

by Anonymousreply 52005/31/2013

The best plan was for Roger to play Tony Cassadine and Alexandra Quartermain's son. That would have tied the two families.

But there are endless possibilities.

1. He could have been Edward's illegitimate son. Edward was presumed dead in the Carribbean for over a year in the late 80s. He could have sired a son during that time.

3. Susan Moore could have had triplets -- Jason, Franco and RH's character. Would have been totally in keeping for Heather to withhold that detail when she confessed to selling Franco to Betsy Frank.

3. He could be the son of Jimmy Lee Holt.

4. He could be the son of Justis Ward.

5. Alan sired another child during one of his many affairs. Perhaps Rhonda Wexler got pregnant and gave the baby up for adoption.

6. Tracy gave birth to another child while she was off the show. Perhaps Tracy went to Springfield and had an affair with Ross Marler. Or perhaps Tracy went to Salem and had an affair with Justin Kiriakis. Or perhaps Tracy went to Pine Valley and had an affair with Palmer Courtlandt.

by Anonymousreply 52105/31/2013

Is GH still set in the same world as AMC and OLTL? Why doesn't Carly think Franco looks like Todd? Is Todd supposed to have looked like another person now in GH's world?

by Anonymousreply 52205/31/2013

Yes, R523, the same goes for KA but not ME.

by Anonymousreply 52305/31/2013

So if someone from GH visited Llanview, would they think Todd was Franco?

by Anonymousreply 52405/31/2013

As long as GH is still on ABC, there will never be any reference to the former soaps from that network, or any kind of crossover with them in their new home. It's GH's loss. Soon they will find that characters like Todd can't be replicated, even by generic psychopaths formerly played by A list film stars.

by Anonymousreply 52505/31/2013

Sir Ronald just freaked out on twitter and threatened to call the police on a high school kid mocking RH Franco. Some people don't need social media.

Why is Franco claiming he was remorseful at his MOCA showdown with Jason? When that actually happened on air, Franco was mocking Michael and his rape to Jason's face. What a fucking joke this all is.

by Anonymousreply 52605/31/2013

Todd, Starr and John McBain happened, but no one will ever talk about them again.

by Anonymousreply 52705/31/2013

Not only will Duke freak out when he meets Ava Jerome, but Alexis will as well. Is Ava part of the infamous Jerome family? And is Sam's bio daddy a Jerome as well?

It's pretty well in the cards for Ava and Sonny to be paired romantically.

Is Kiki the real Lauren Franco? Or is the Q heir still out there somewhere?

Christina Baldwin will be quite a troublemaker - she intends to break up Kevin and Lucy.

Rumour has it that Maxie and Britt will be giving birth at the same time - with typical soap mix-ups.

SoapTownUSA is reporting that Brandon Barash is not recurring - this was a rumour started by fans.

by Anonymousreply 52805/31/2013

I have never seen such a negative reaction as this Franco resurrection is getting. I am surprised that Ron would dig up a Guza creation unless he thought it would be a hoot. Franco was a really unpopular character on the show and this is about the worst character they could have picked for RH to play.

by Anonymousreply 52906/01/2013

They are really positive about it over at Daytime Confidential.

by Anonymousreply 53006/01/2013

That site is in constant pucker mode, R531.

by Anonymousreply 53106/01/2013

Twitter is about 2/3 positive and 1/3 negative regarding Franco.

Hardly anyone likes KiKi. She is a dismal failure

by Anonymousreply 53206/01/2013

Ava and AJ had some interesting chemistry today. I could totally see that one happening.

by Anonymousreply 53306/01/2013

I don't think Ava and Sonny will happen. Yes, I can see it happening with Ava and AJ.

by Anonymousreply 53406/01/2013

[quote]Hardly anyone likes KiKi. She is a dismal failure

For some strange reason nobody has been able to fathom, FV and RC think the homely and absolutely talentless actress Kristin Alderson is wonderful. She'll be on GH as long as they're around.

by Anonymousreply 53606/01/2013

Commenters on Daytime Confidential fucking hate this storyline. The talentless, comma, splicing Jamey Giddens has not weighed in officially--or, you know, not any more than the 400 pounds he's always weighing in at.

by Anonymousreply 53706/01/2013

I think I saw some VPL of the Chad Duell Dick of Death on Friday's show.

by Anonymousreply 53806/01/2013

Speaking of Chad 'Monstrous Cock' Duell, is GH retelling the Jason and AJ story?

Michael is Jason

Morgan is AJ

Which is going to end up with brain damage?

by Anonymousreply 53906/01/2013

Taking into account Morgan's infatuation with Kiki, I would say he already has the brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 54006/01/2013

58 posts and this thread will close.

by Anonymousreply 54106/01/2013

New thread title should be something like,

WHET to that artist who had that crazy exhibition at MOCA a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 54206/01/2013

I like that, r543.

I am not thrilled at all by the Franco redux. I can't imagine why RC and FV are suddenly honoring Guza's history. After bitchslapping the Corinthos slug into supporting status and kicking his fuckbuddy thug into the harbour like a piece of garbage with a bullet in his back, we are all of a sudden getting a renaissance of Corinthos sludge and Guza crap.

The only one good thing about any of this is Maura West.

As for Ava and AJ, they did have good chemistry, something Y&R fans are aware of from Kanan and West's brief but unrealized flirtation over at Y&R. But (as what happens when the canvas is hugely overcrowded with characters and wonderful actors), AJ already has a whore to his Elizabethan virgin in Carly. Spoilers indicate another bout of angry sex between Carly and AJ; instead of Monica, it will be Michael who will walk in on them this time.

by Anonymousreply 54306/01/2013

So far, I've approved of all of Ron's attempts to fix the mess that Guza created during his reign of terror.

This one, I'm having serious doubts about. Franco was a complete waste of time the first go round that seriously damaged the show. Revising that seems very foolish, especially since its just being done to give Roger a new character.

But, maybe Ron can pull it off we'll see.

If he wants to revise a Guza plot, revise the Rick Webber murder storyline of 2002.

by Anonymousreply 54406/01/2013

U think we need to give it a chance and see where it goes.

by Anonymousreply 54506/01/2013

How many years should we give them, oh charitable R546?

by Anonymousreply 54606/01/2013

Let the story play out. These days that means a month or two.

by Anonymousreply 54706/01/2013

Why did Franco film a fake video to show Jason after Carter attacks Michael, if the plan was that he would never attack Michael? Then what is the fake video for, since it only makes sense in the context that Michael has been attacked by Carter?

by Anonymousreply 54806/01/2013

It's all about psychological warfare, and he's still doing it. He's messing with their heads by shaking their faith in what's real and what isn't, what they can and can't trust.

by Anonymousreply 54906/01/2013

R549 I guess it is supposed to proved that Carter disobeyed Franco's orders and raped Michael. That is all I could figure out. Ron has really screwed up big time with this shit. Audiences hated Franco the first time around and the imagined "rape" of Sam and possibility of him being the baby's father caused a major panic with the fangurls of Jason/Sam. Bringing him back with a new actor and a set of explanatory DVDs exonerating him, could cause a lot of damage with the viewers.

by Anonymousreply 55006/01/2013

I'm trying to think of a worse retcon than this Franco bullshit and I can't come up with one. If anyone can, please post.

by Anonymousreply 55106/01/2013

[quote]I'm trying to think of a worse retcon than this Franco bullshit and I can't come up with one. If anyone can, please post.

Franco was possessed by a yellow fear monster.

by Anonymousreply 55206/01/2013

VoTN, the poster obviously meant a worse retcon in the history of soaps.

by Anonymousreply 55306/01/2013

[quote] Commenters on Daytime Confidential fucking hate this storyline. The talentless, comma, splicing Jamey Giddens has not weighed in officially--or, you know, not any more than the 400 pounds he's always weighing in at.

I can hardly wait for Fat Jamey's next podcast. I live to hear his Flip-Wilson-doing-Geraldine mumble.

by Anonymousreply 55406/01/2013

[quote]VoTN, the poster obviously meant a worse retcon in the history of soaps.

I know, I just thought it would be funny.

Okay, what about Erica Kane's abortion that became a fetus transplant?

by Anonymousreply 55506/01/2013

I think the abortion take-back is the winner, VOTN. It was a brave and groundbreaking story when it was told, retconned many years later by cowards who couldn't tell a good story if their lives depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 55606/01/2013

Yes, Erica Kane's rewritten abortion was one of the worst; as was everything about the Rick Webber attic murder.

by Anonymousreply 55706/01/2013

finish this boring thread.

by Anonymousreply 55806/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 55906/01/2013

oh fuck

by Anonymousreply 56006/01/2013

Are the Italians making a come back?

by Anonymousreply 56106/01/2013

I forgot about Erica's abortion retcon. That was not only ridiculous but insulting to the writers at the time who wrote such a groundbreaking and controversial story.

by Anonymousreply 56206/01/2013

Just waterboard them. The Turks are doing it, we aren't angels.

by Anonymousreply 56306/01/2013

Water board who?

by Anonymousreply 56406/01/2013

Erica's unabortion should never of happen in the first place, but then they did not even mine its dramatic potential. Once Josh found out, they did not really explore any of the fall out, instead they put Josh in Babe's orbit and he mooned over her instead of having any significant scenes with Erica. They quickly brushed aside any complex dynamics between Erica and the Martins and instead used Jeff Martin as a quick way to break up Erica's marriage and rewriting Erica and Jeff's history. I believe Josh found out his Uncle Tad tortured and killed his adopted father, but went nowhere with it, because that would have taken time away from Babe. It really showed how much the writing had declined since Erica's last surprise child, Kendell showed up ten years earlier.

The unabortion story was an insult to the shows history and prior writers, and then not only was it an insult it was a rather boring and uninspired insult. They only wanted the shock value and ignored exploring the various Kane and Martin family dynamics. This story, Tad's burying Madden alive, and the canonization of Babe were kind of the last straws and finally pushed me to completely stop watching (the show was already declining, but it seemed to reach the point of no return at this time).

by Anonymousreply 56506/01/2013

[quote]Erica's unabortion should never of happen in the first place

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 56606/01/2013

r566 It also didn't help that the writers did nothing to define Josh Madden's character. Other than being Erica Kane's unabortion, they didn't give much thought to who Josh was.

First he was a TV producer, then he became a doctor. Later I think he was a lawyer. At some other point, I think they had him being an airline pilot. Then finally, he was some business genius who was doing Zack's books at the casino and stole money.

by Anonymousreply 56706/01/2013

While the unabortion was awful, the retconning of Erica's age was just as bad. By the end of the series Erica was the same age as Tad, Jesse and Angie.

by Anonymousreply 56806/01/2013

I thought that made perfect sense, r569.

by Anonymousreply 56906/01/2013

New interview with OLTL EP Jen Pepperman. Pertains to the OLTL/GH crossovers and ABCD.

by Anonymousreply 57006/02/2013

I want to see RHs cock.

by Anonymousreply 57106/02/2013

r559, someone who feels the need to declare something boring is more than likely bored wih themselves.

If you were genuinely bored and not a boring person, you would just leave without making a remark.

So ... if you are bored, then change it. We're not here to live vicariously through.

by Anonymousreply 57206/02/2013

Spoilers for this week:

Laura forms a new friendship with Lucy.

Duke is suspicious of Ava and her connection to the Jerome family.

Kevin doesn't want Lucy to know about Christina's numerous troubles. Christina might not want to listen to Lucy but she will listen to another Port Charles lady who gets through to her.

Sonny, Carly and Shawn conspire to take out Franco once and for all, but will it all go according to plan? You can be sure he won’t go down without a fight!

The custody battle for Rafe heats up this week, and Silas has a courtroom surprise for Sam that shows he means business! He also shares some dark suspicions that could turn Sam’s world upside down forever – but is he telling the truth? Outside the courtroom, the love triangle between Molly, Rafe and TJ is turned on its head when another interested party gets in the mix.

And do you think Britt is just going to stand blithely by while Patrick and Sabrina go out on their first date? Not a chance! She has some tricks up her sleeve that might make Patrick think twice about choosing Sabrina.

Meanwhile, Franco may have found an unlikely ally in the Quartermaine family, while his own family continues to spar as Ava and Kiki’s relationship further combusts. In other Kiki news, her love life also takes an unexpected turn this week – never a dull moment!

by Anonymousreply 57306/02/2013

Alejandro Jerome - the name RC tweeted about some weeks ago and everyone assumed it was RH's new character - is most probably the new mobster coming to town who will be Sam's father.

by Anonymousreply 57406/02/2013

The awful thing about the Franco stuff is you can feel the writers' intentions on the screen. That's a sign of bad writing. You should never be aware of the writer, but with Franco it's like "See! Franco isn't so bad! See!"

by Anonymousreply 57506/02/2013

I think that depends on your point of view, R576. Personally, I find the new evidence of "goodness" suspicious and still think he's doing a big mind fuck on everyone. I think that's the real point, to keep the viewer off-balance.

by Anonymousreply 57606/02/2013

R577 your point of view makes the most sense. The audience might still see evil Franco while he is publicly doing a mea culpa for past misdeeds. It is the only way to sell this and to make the character interesting. Reformed bad guys are always unbelievable not to mention dull.

by Anonymousreply 57706/02/2013

Apparently GH is going to be mob central this summer and fall. Somewhere Bob Guza is laughing his ass off.

by Anonymousreply 57806/02/2013

Roger Howarth should never have stayed with GH, people just can't see past the two elephants in the room - Todd Manning and James Franco - I'm sorry but they can't. I wish Days had offered RH something. That show is in dire need of a great male actor. Why isn't Roger content to just stay on OLTL? Surely he doesn't need the money at this point in his career? He's a soap opera superstar.

by Anonymousreply 57906/02/2013

But even soap superstars only make about 100-150k a year.

by Anonymousreply 58006/02/2013

[quote]I wish Days had offered RH something. That show is in dire need of a great male actor.

Obviously you have not seen my Soap Opera Digest Award winning performances. Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 58106/02/2013

Keep on believing that, R581. That's how they manage to buy multimillion dollar homes.

by Anonymousreply 58206/02/2013

A newbie making about $1000 an episodes makes about 100-150k per year.

Typical pay for a vet can be between 500-750k per year. The superstars make well into the million(s).

by Anonymousreply 58306/02/2013

I'd love to see Todd and Sami Brady together - they are about on each other's level! RH would be an excellent addition to Days.

by Anonymousreply 58406/02/2013

Days is just fine right now. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 58506/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 58606/02/2013

12 more posts to go.

by Anonymousreply 58706/02/2013

Guza laughing his unemployed ass off? Who cares. He was the one who ruined the show to begin with. RC is continuing the destruction. Don't be surprised if the Balkan resurfaces from the undead.

by Anonymousreply 58806/02/2013

R583 and R584 have outdated data.

There are only about 10 people still making the kind of money R584 mentions in daytime. And RH isn't one of them.

Eric Braeden at Y&R is one of the few remaining stars making that kind of bank. There's probably a few people in the 250K range: some high senority folks at Y&R, maybe Geary (he'd be the same as Braeden but takes five months off).

The next tier of 175-200K would probably include Dee Dee Halls, Maurice Benard, Katherine Kelly Lang, a few more Y&R folks.

Most daytime stars are making more in the 75K-150K range. Younger actors are probably making at the low end of those numbers.

by Anonymousreply 58906/02/2013

You are really out of touch r590

by Anonymousreply 59006/02/2013

[quote]He was the one who ruined the show to begin with.

GH started to fall apart in the late 70s when it ceased to be a hospital drama and became a vehicle for Tony Geary. It got worse throughout the 80s with the hair models who starred in GH's cheap and awful knockoff of The Avengers.

by Anonymousreply 59106/03/2013

Maybe in the 90s, r590. But this is the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 59206/03/2013

What's this about RC threatening some high school kid - who criticized him on twitter -that he knows his high school and will call the police?

by Anonymousreply 59306/03/2013

I'd make a new thread but I'd screw up the name.

by Anonymousreply 59406/03/2013

There were still a lot of hospital stories in the late 70s/early 80s. Steve, Audrey, Anne, Jeff, Rick, Lesley, Monica, Alan, Bobbie, Amy, Diana, Peter, Gail, Noah, Dan, Ruby, and Jesse were all based out of he hospital. And I'm probably missing some. There were stories both in and outside of the hospital, but I'd say about 75% of the characters were from the hospital. At least until around '83 or so...

by Anonymousreply 59506/03/2013

We are bored of this thread. Just end it for fucks sake!

by Anonymousreply 59606/03/2013

***This thread needs to DIE***

by Anonymousreply 59706/03/2013

Should I put it out of it's misery?

by Anonymousreply 59806/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 59906/03/2013

The newest GH thread(s) seem to have vanished/been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 60007/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!