Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you have a fantasy life?

A "different reality" you live in our head?

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

*your head

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2013

No but I know you do from the way you misremember the past.

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2013

No but many people I work with do, they are so deluded!

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2013

No. Unfortunately, I live in reality and it is not rosy by any means. I wish I could have a fantasy life. I am too realistic and too pessimistic.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2013

Yes, I pretend that I don't live in the hole that I do. In my head I live somewhere else entirely.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2013

Yes, Op, i do. I have since about 6 or 7. I had a bad childhood and it comforted me when I went to sleep at night. Fast forward decades later, and I still do it.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2013

In my fantasy life, I have the ability to choose 3 wishes that would benefit the entire planet. (For some reason I am only allowed to have 3)

If I'm stuck in traffic or really zoning out, I will go back and switch up which wishes I would choose on behalf of the planet.

I have no idea when this started but I have been doing this for a few years now. Weird, I know.

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2013

Yes, I think about the things I could have done differently, the people I didn't tell I loved them and/or wanted them and wonder what if.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

I love it R7.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

So Starts the "Fantasy VS Hope" discussion.

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

I live alone and am alone most of the time with my two cats. We have a rich fantasy life that is acted out each day.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2013

I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm so bad about imagining all kinds of different realities for myself instead of just working with what I have. And kind of like r6, I've been doing it for as long as I can remember.

I was questioning myself about two things in particular: Do other people do this? And will I ever mature out of the habit (26 y.o.)?

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

Does writing unpublished novels count?

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

R6 just wrote my thoughts down for me. It helped me to get to sleep at night. It still does.

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

I am Mrs. Bradley Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

Yes, OP, I have an elaborate "alternate" life in my head: different relationships, job, home, etc. I know most people will find it sad and pathetic, but it works for me. I don't think I'm crazy, as I'm totally aware as to which one is real and which one is fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!