Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wayne LaPierre: 'How Many Bostonians Wish They Had A Gun Two Weeks Ago?'

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre sparked controversy on Saturday when he asked, "How many Bostonians wish they had a gun two weeks ago?"

The comments came in the middle of his speech at the annual NRA members meeting in Houston, Texas.

LaPierre explained that during the Boston lockdown that took place while police were chasing the bombing suspects, "frightened citizens [were] sheltered in place with no means to defend themselves."

He said:

"Imagine living in a large metropolitan area where lawful firearms ownership is heavily regulated and discouraged. Imagine waking up to a phone call from the police, warning that a terrorist event is occurring outside and ordering you to stay inside your home."

"DISGUSTING. Shameful," one Twitter user remarked. "SERIOUSLY, BRO?" asked another.

As NBC's Kasie Hunt points out, this is the first time that the NRA has linked the Boston Marathon bombings to guns.

LaPierre then accused gun control advocates of exploiting tragedies like the Sandy Hook school shooting.

“They use tragedy to try to blame us, to shame us into compromising our freedom for their political agenda," he said. "No matter what it takes, we will never give up or compromise our constitutional freedom, not one single inch!”

Also speaking at the NRA convention were Second Vice President Allan Cors and chief lobbyist Chris Cox, who offered simliar rhetoric.

"Our gun rights are never safe," said Cors.

Here's the full transcript of LaPierre's remarks. Below is a clip from his speech.

by Anonymousreply 2705/05/2013

To shoot the bombs????

They still would have went off.

by Anonymousreply 105/04/2013

So the idiot who, instead of helping the injured like the good selfless people around him, tackled and held a injured 20 year old Saudi kid, thinking him to be a terrorist, could instead shoot the poor kid? Yes, good would be helpful in that situation.

by Anonymousreply 205/04/2013

When you google his name, google's photo of him at the right is a photo that has a circle on his face showing him foaming at the mouth. lol

by Anonymousreply 305/04/2013

Wretched humans, there. But rest assured, they're only warming up.

by Anonymousreply 405/04/2013

Sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 505/04/2013

Wayne LaPierre just does NOT get it. Only two people died after the suspects names were revealed, and both of them had a gun--the MIT police officer and the elder bombing brother.

by Anonymousreply 605/04/2013

So they could be mistaken for the bombers and offed by the police?

by Anonymousreply 705/04/2013

I can't stand gun nuts. They are really ruining this country. The NRA lives in another world.

by Anonymousreply 805/04/2013

LaPierre was a graduate student in Boston at the same time I was in the late 1960s, early 1970s. He did get an advanced degree, but only through good luck.

by Anonymousreply 905/04/2013

How many Bostonians wish they had a gun when they met Wayne LaPierre?

by Anonymousreply 1005/04/2013

Lots, especially the five-year-olds.

by Anonymousreply 1105/04/2013

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 1205/04/2013

The MIT cop had a gun. He's no longer with us.

by Anonymousreply 1305/04/2013

[quote]. . . this is the first time that the NRA has linked the Boston Marathon bombings to guns. LaPierre then accused gun control advocates of exploiting tragedies like the Sandy Hook school shooting.

Do you think he was speaking ironically?

by Anonymousreply 1405/04/2013

Believe it or not, the new NRA president makes LaPierre look positively sane.

by Anonymousreply 1505/04/2013

If they wanted guns they'd be living in Kentucky, not in one of the most civilized cities on earth.

by Anonymousreply 1605/04/2013

"The MIT cop had a gun. He's no longer with us."

Wasn't he killed BECAUSE he had a gun and the asshole bomber wanted it?

The question to ask is "How many Bostonians are glad these assholes didn't use guns?" They only killed two with the bombs. Imagine if they'd opened up with machine guns on the crowds at the finish line?

I really wish one of the gun nuts would shoot the hell out of an NRA convention.

by Anonymousreply 1705/05/2013

He's right. If everyone at the Boston Marathon had had a gun, none of this would have happened. They would have all shot the terrorists before the bombs went off.

Guns should be mandatory for all marathon runners. This is just common sense.

by Anonymousreply 1805/05/2013

I'm going to have to quote Robert Smith of The Cure here and say 'I fucking despair'.

by Anonymousreply 1905/05/2013

[quote] "The MIT cop had a gun. He's no longer with us."

Wasn't he killed BECAUSE he had a gun and the asshole bomber wanted it?

Yes, but the NRA says people need guns to defend themselves - as if a gun magically protects a person from any and all harm.

If the NRA had it's way guns would be for sale in vending machines on every corner. Then the bombers wouldn't have had to steal one.

by Anonymousreply 2005/05/2013

LaPierre is an ass. People at the marathon did not know who the bombers were or would be, until much later, so how could they shoot one? There were plenty of cops on the scene, with guns. He is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2105/05/2013

[quote]would have went

by Anonymousreply 2205/05/2013

R21, they could have shot them before they even placed the bombs. If those runners had been armed they could have taken aim and fired while crossing the finish line. Those volunteers handing out water should have been handing out ammo. I'll bet that's what Boston wishes now.

by Anonymousreply 2305/05/2013

If God had wanted us to have guns, we would have been born with them in our warm little fingers.

by Anonymousreply 2405/05/2013

Do they allow guns at NRA conventions? I'd think they'd be too paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 2505/05/2013

R24, why do you think I gave you opposable thumbs and a trigger finger?

by Anonymousreply 2605/05/2013

R26 - makes it easier to finger your sister?

by Anonymousreply 2705/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.